Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
The guillotine is too kind for your type

e: fantastic snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Marx Headroom posted:

I've actually stubbed my toe so many times that not snapping in PG comes naturally to me and even feels good, like some kind of karmic release

You will not taste the sweet abundance of heaven

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Meanwhile, I completely forgot to get in any conquest matches whatsoever, oops.

I even kind of wanted the Bast variant, too. :sigh:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i have this bast variant so i didn't bother other than grabbing the variant rewards, especially since i don't remember when i last put bast into a deck

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Cattail Prophet posted:

Meanwhile, I completely forgot to get in any conquest matches whatsoever, oops.

I even kind of wanted the Bast variant, too. :sigh:

There's still a few hours to go. If you're close you might be able to get enough medals.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

As in, I have played literally zero conquest so far this season. :v:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
I only played Conquest last night, to burn all the Golden Tickets that I got from caches, then opened a cache accidentally... got another ticket -_-

At first I was thinking I would play like one match and just give up if I lost. I ended up getting an infinite ticket, then just saying screw it afterwards and instant conceding due to it just taking too long.

Bought a both gold packages at least!

Also, the biggest kick in the nuts, being 1 quest off from the full weekly reward of 500 credits before reset -_-

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

flatluigi posted:

i have this bast variant so i didn't bother other than grabbing the variant rewards, especially since i don't remember when i last put bast into a deck

also have this amazing bast variant, also don't use bast much.

HOWEVER

I cannot resist free variants so I spent way too much time playing over the last 3 days grinding medals to get it and the PMV from conquest.

every month I tell myself "next month I won't save conquest till the final week" but...next month I won't save conquest till the final week.

also, excited to get 4 and possibly 5 new (to me!) cards today.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I just do all my daily missions in the Proving Grounds and Silver after I hit infinite. Always gets me enough medals to buy all the cosmetics and currency from the shop.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
I was grinding through my gold tickets last night just to use them up and could not stop winning.

But then lost all three of my infinite tickets in game one, though I was admittedly an rear end in a top hat and stuck out the final one after losing my opening 8-cuber because they Thanos snapped me, and friend, that means I'm going to make you beat me four more times before you finally manage another win on the final round.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Friendly reminder that Twitch drops have started, and instead of a random variant, this time, you'll earn two cool Xmen 97 variants for 6 hours watched. 350 credits for 4 hours. 65 boosters for 2 hours.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Wish we got a cool Gambit '97 one instead, but that's just because I don't have a variant for him yet and also I want it to be of him frying beignets in his trampy little crop top.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Nikumatic posted:

Wish we got a cool Gambit '97 one instead, but that's just because I don't have a variant for him yet and also I want it to be of him frying beignets in his trampy little crop top.
Yeah I really don't need yet another Bishop. I don't really play him often and I already have like 3-4 good variants of his as it is.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i want random variants to have a higher chance of rewarding you for whatever cards you have the least variants for

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

flatluigi posted:

i want random variants to have a higher chance of rewarding you for whatever cards you have the least variants for
That would be really nice. Even though I have been playing this game for a year and a half, there are still some cards I have zero variants for. Part of the problem is that there are some cards that have like 2 variants, and then you have some like Magik, Iron Man, Bishop, etc that have like 10+

also a lot of the new release cards are typically coming out with one base, one spotlight variant, and maybe one extra variant in the shop.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

A pair of good videos on the current Marvel Snap economy. Please forgive the clickbait titles. Youtube blows.

Is the Marvel SNAP Economy HORRIBLE?! A detailed breakdown for 2024 from Jeff Hoogland. I know he's disliked, but his breakdown of the resources available at each spending tier is very useful information.

The BIGGEST PROBLEM In Marvel SNAP - And How To Fix It! from KM Best. It's about how improvements to game balance are making it harder for players to build their collection on a budget.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Also, the biggest kick in the nuts, being 1 quest off from the full weekly reward of 500 credits before reset -_-

If you have 120 gold, buy a refill. 500 credits is worth 400G, and on top of that you'll get 100G back from the 25 mission reward as well.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

FlamingLiberal posted:

That would be really nice. Even though I have been playing this game for a year and a half, there are still some cards I have zero variants for. Part of the problem is that there are some cards that have like 2 variants, and then you have some like Magik, Iron Man, Bishop, etc that have like 10+

also a lot of the new release cards are typically coming out with one base, one spotlight variant, and maybe one extra variant in the shop.

I have numerous variants for cards I never play at all (The Hood) and zero variants for numerous cards I enjoy (Destroyer, Beast, Nebula, Super Skrull, Yellowjacket, Zabu, and others). I feel like, after playing for over a year, I should have variants for each series 1 through 3 card.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

They are doing another whale thing again

quote:

A Blink In Time is just around the corner! When the new season starts, be sure to earn bonus rewards by making purchases (Like your Season Pass!) on the MARVEL SNAP Webshop!

From May 7th, 2024, 7:00 PM (UTC+0) to June 4th, 2024, 6:59 PM (UTC+0), you can earn points by making purchases on the MARVEL SNAP Webshop! The more points you earn, the better the rewards!

-Free 100 credits for everyone!
-Any purchase → Premium Mystery Variant
-1,000 points → 250 Credits & Ghost–Spider Avatar
-2,500 points → 250 Gold
-5,000 points → 600 Credits
-10,000 points → Ghost–Spider Variant & 310 Ghost–Spider Boosters
- 15,000 points → 1,000 Gold
- 20,000 points → Green Goblin Variant & Avatar & 310 Green Goblin Boosters

Visit marvelsnap.com/shop when A Blink In Time starts & claim your rewards!

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

FlamingLiberal posted:

They are doing another whale thing again

The whale track might be bugged and is taking into consideration past purchases from perhaps this last season. If you get there quickly you might be able to redeem some rewards already. You'll need your player ID from within the game to check your points. https://www.marvelsnap.com/shop

I had up to the 1,000 point level already unlocked without spending any money yet at season rollover.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
If you don't have a higher cost card to swap when you play Blink, I assume your last card just stays put? Like if you had a totally empty deck and played on Quantum Tunnel or Lockjaw?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Protip posted:

The whale track might be bugged and is taking into consideration past purchases from perhaps this last season. If you get there quickly you might be able to redeem some rewards already. You'll need your player ID from within the game to check your points. https://www.marvelsnap.com/shop

I had up to the 1,000 point level already unlocked without spending any money yet at season rollover.

Holy poo poo! I have over 16k points on the track, and I only spent $15 last month (season and gold passes)

!!!YO PAY ATTENTION TO THIS POST. GO CHECK THE WEB SHOP RIGHT NOW AND SEE IF THEIR FUCKUP GOT YOU FREE poo poo!!!

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

If you don't have a higher cost card to swap when you play Blink, I assume your last card just stays put?

correct. just saw a streamer blink their sera, but had no six costs in deck. sera stuck

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

!!!YO PAY ATTENTION TO THIS POST. GO CHECK THE WEB SHOP RIGHT NOW AND SEE IF THEIR FUCKUP GOT YOU FREE poo poo!!!

Hell yeah!

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Skippy McPants posted:

Holy poo poo! I have over 16k points on the track, and I only spent $15 last month (season and gold passes)

Awesome! Out of curiosity, do you remember if you had around that many points the last time they did a whale track? Some discussion in Twitch is maybe it is bugged in that it's pulling in wherever you were the last time they ran the track and forgot to reset everyone's points.

I ended up buying the Kung Fu For You bundle on the web shop since I had been eyeing in, and along with the season pass that got me over the 2500 level and the extra 250 gold.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I had 1800 points which could be correct for the last time they did a track but it's also definitely correct for last season: 1000 for season pass, 500 for gold pass, 300 for first unlock on the Vibranium track thing.

I claimed the three rewards and they showed up in my mail. Now the whole track has disappeared from the shop so I guess they've turned it off.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Nikumatic posted:

The hellfire gala of him is great and he looks like the biggest man whore. Some of my fav variants are in that album

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyway the real news is that there's a new Hipp album full of move cards and somehow despite me having 50 Hipps I have zero from that album. I think some are brand new like Warmachine and Hercules though.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I'm particularly proud of this one :frogbon:

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
Always loved move decks, fun way to disrupt opponents game plan. Starting the day off with the new card in this deck:

# (1) Ghost-Spider
# (2) Kraven
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (2) Kingpin
# (2) Silk
# (3) Nocturne
# (3) Polaris
# (3) Spider-Man
# (4) Miles Morales
# (4) Stegron
# (5) Cannonball
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS3JhdmVuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJKZWZmVGhlQmFieUxhbmRTaGFyayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR2hvc3RTcGlkZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbmdwaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBvbGFyaXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0ZWdyb24ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ25ldG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1pbGVzTW9yYWxlcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2lsayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2Fubm9uYmFsbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3BpZGVyTWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOb2N0dXJuZSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Jedit posted:

If you have 120 gold, buy a refill. 500 credits is worth 400G, and on top of that you'll get 100G back from the 25 mission reward as well.

I just saw this now. I am very upset with myself.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

They took the shop down. It just says invalid player ID now

Edit: It's up, but I don't see a rewards track

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
they pulled it. they big mad. we were talking about this on the discord... was up for less than an hour.

as always, abuse fast. abuse often. not often players get a rare w in snap, and this was a nice big one. i hope all you guys made out.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

I apparently just made it in under the wire

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Tunga posted:

Anyway the real news is that there's a new Hipp album full of move cards and somehow despite me having 50 Hipps I have zero from that album. I think some are brand new like Warmachine and Hercules though.

Yes, and Miek who is in my shop right now. I'm 5/12 on the album but I'm 10 gold short of Miek. 5 missions awards 10G, so I might pick it up for the 1k credit reward.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The Nuverse shop had a rewards track which has mysteriously disappeared: https://pay-va.nvsgames.com/topup/262304/ph-en

But if it appears for you, congrats? I managed to get some credits and a PMV.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
lol i got deleted and censored on the official discord for spreading misinformation about the whale tracker rewards being free.

apparently if you even try to mention that it was free, you get a free time out. 3x the value!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Last King posted:

lol i got deleted and censored on the official discord for spreading misinformation about the whale tracker rewards being free.

apparently if you even try to mention that it was free, you get a free time out. 3x the value!
How dare you point out their fuckups

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So if I bought the season pass in the app I don't get any of those rewards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Opopanax posted:

So if I bought the season pass in the app I don't get any of those rewards?

The whole track is gone, so if you missed it, who knows?