Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

They made a whole movie about cheating air traffic controllers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Hughlander posted:

I’m 27F in a love triangle with a 25M and 26M. Who do I pick?

[/b]
The Aristocrats! (Any takers on the bet the private information is that she was cheating on Aaron with Paul and you should make an informed decision before taking a cheater back?)
That's definitely what happened. Re-read that third update of her conversations with Aaron again, carefully and you might note that she didn't include any mention of her cheating. There's more details in a comment/reply thread on the post:

Redditor posted:

If you don't admit to cheating on him then you haven't "grown as a person"

OP posted:

If he asks me, I will tell him the truth. I'm not bringing it up because I want to focus on our future, not our past. I have grown because the old me focused too much on the past. That's why I got back with Paul in the first place. But now it's time to look forward. That being said if he ask I will be honest and tell him the truth

Redditor posted:

Also how do you know the cheating won't come out in the future? That someone else ( perhaps Paul) will tell him? That would hurt him so much more.

OP posted:

Have you considered he doesn't want to know? That's why he didn't ask. Again if he ask I will tell him, but he might prefer to leave it in the past as well.

Redditor posted:

You aren't giving (Aaron) a chance. He asked why you were breaking up with him so technically he did ask you. You just chose to keep some of the details to yourself. Once again all about you.

OP posted:

When (Aaron) asked me why I'm breaking up with him I told him I'm still in love with Paul and I'm going to give it shot…That directly answers his question.

OP apparently operates under the rules of mythical creatures, where she will answer a question honestly, but only the exact question asked.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Baronjutter posted:

I had a co worker named Mike. It was actually on his gov I'd that his name was Mike. A random boomer manager who should have retired years ago came in and refused to call him anything but Michael because Mike was too informal but calling him Mr. So and so was not appropriate for a subordinate. We of course had to all call her Mrs. Such and such because of respect and hierarchy.

people like this are insane perverts who run businesses like a feudal empire.

MagusofStars posted:

That's definitely what happened. Re-read that third update of her conversations with Aaron again, carefully and you might note that she didn't include any mention of her cheating. There's more details in a comment/reply thread on the post:
OP apparently operates under the rules of mythical creatures, where she will answer a question honestly, but only the exact question asked.

dang, love loses!!!!

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

MagusofStars posted:

quote:

I'm not bringing it up because I want to focus on our future, not our past. I have grown because the old me focused too much on the past. That's why I got back with Paul in the first place. But now it's time to look forward.

Dang, this is unintentionally some amazing parody of corporate crisis management bullshit.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

FMguru posted:

I wonder what his forums name is?

AITA for asking my partner to stop fidgeting with his balls?

:feelsgood:

Wayne Gretzky, duh

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
Was expecting this to be way more unreasonable by the title

AITA for paying for my oldest’s dream wedding but not my youngest since she will not do my two conditions

quote:

I am willing to pay for all my children’s wedding if they follow two conditions. The venue needs to be wheelchair friendly. They must invite all family unless for an extreme reason. Anything else is fine and I will fund the wedding.

My elder wedding was around 40k and I payed for it all. My youngest is planning her wedding and I told her the conditions when she got engaged. Last week she informed me she found her venue and is asking for the downpayment for it. The venue is in the mountains and it is not wheelchair friendly. The paths are dirt, the doors are not big enough, a ton of stairs. I reached out to the venue and they have almost nothing for disabilities

I informed my daughter today that I will not be paying since the venue breaks the first condition. This is where the argument started.

She thinks I am a jerk and playing favorites. I reminded her their were conditions for me paying and she didn’t follow them.

Edit: to clarify, we have multiple family members who use a wheelchair. So wheelchair rule

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
:lol: that is a completely reasonable requirement, but no, gotta have *~My DrEaM WeDdInG~* in a place that disabled people can't get to

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Kenshin posted:

:lol: that is a completely reasonable requirement, but no, gotta have *~My DrEaM WeDdInG~* in a place that disabled people can't get to

Well you wouldn't want them in the pictures, would you?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
My dream wedding: one without all the people I love loving it up with their body problems

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Sorry granny, my wedding requires everyone who wants to participate to be experienced free climbers!

mystes
May 31, 2006

should have gone for a more sensible cave wedding

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

mystes posted:

should have gone for a more sensible cave wedding

Maybe they did. The OP said it was in the mountains

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
My wedding had a strict set of performance standards, all the guests had to pass a fitness test, a rigorous written exam, and get plastic surgery to get up to par. Sure it was ruinously expensive and poorly attended, but the photos were stunning.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
this is one of those truckin and loving weddings and honestly maybe we should honor the ladies request in that case.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Ensign Expendable posted:

My wedding had a strict set of performance standards, all the guests had to pass a fitness test, a rigorous written exam, and get plastic surgery to get up to par. Sure it was ruinously expensive and poorly attended, but the photos were stunning.

They also had to learn the choreographed dance routine

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Underneath he has a velvet, yummy tummy you wish you could just stroke and squish all day! Ahh! But on top... On top it's a whole different story... On top he is a scary stiff stabber!
She probably wouldn't tell the truth to Aaron even if he did ask.

"Did you have sex with Paul?"

"No!" (We made love)

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Why can't they just belay grandma between floors of the venue? Hire a crew of burly lumberjacks to carry all the disabled people up and down the stairs? Employ some mountain goats and saddle em up? It's like they're not even trying to have an authentic mountain-themed wedding smdh

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
AITA for not defending my daughter to her coach who almost benched her?

quote:

Quick details. Daughter (16) is a junior in high school. She has excelled her entire life at volleyball and plays on a prestigious club team in our area. She is currently being scouted by division 1 universities.

2 weeks ago, her highschool had prom. She went, even though I thought she shouldn’t. She had an out of state tournament that she skipped to go to prom. Other girls on the team skipped their school’s prom for this tournament. I told her what I thought she should do, but I allowed her to make her own decision and wasn’t going to interfere.

She had another tournament this past weekend where, unsurprisingly, she barely played. She normally starts and plays most games but she sat on the bench most of the time for this tournament. She told me that she thinks this is unfair, and she is being benched because she went to prom. She wants me to talk to the coach about her decision and make sure it doesn’t happen again.

I told her what I felt. I flat out told her no I would not talk to her coach. I told her that she is part of a team, and had a commitment to them and she decided to be selfish and go to a silly dance. She argued with me saying how this is a special occurrence. I reminded her 2 things. 1) That other girls on the team prioritized the tournament over their proms. And 2) she’s lucky to be as talented as she is, and she will most likely not pay for college. This is an opportunity all those prom goers would probably love to have. I warned her this would happen, and she decided not to listen to me.

She is still upset with me; I told her I hope she learned something about being part of a team. My husband thinks I am wrong because prom is important to a teenager and thinks the coach is being unfair. But I have 0 issue with what the coach did.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

What I great opportunity to talk about priorities, choices, and natural consequences! Be a shame if somebody had their head way too far up their rear end to capitalize on it.

Acid vat for mom, imo

mystes
May 31, 2006

If it's a serious team I doubt OP going to the coach would help or be a good idea, so I don't think it's wrong to refuse to do that, but OP definitely does not need to specifically be like "serves you right, told you so :smug:"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

FMguru posted:

Now here's a vile MIL

AITAH for cutting mil out of our lives after she sent a wedding invitation to our baby we lost?

Just go straight-up NC with your MIL and anyone who backs her up.

quote:

update we blocked her on everything. I told my husband i think i need to cut her out immediately and he said "let's do it". The air already feels easier to breathe.

update2 a new social media account was created late last night with no photo or info and messaged me a few times on TT. I already blocked them but the message was to the effect of: you're a stupid b word and are not ready for what you have coming. We all hate you, we've told the whole town for years, they know what a controlling b word you are. He's going to leave you and the kids for coming between him and his own mother. You are done ruining this family. You will be alone and nobody will want you or the kids. Your punishment is coming. You are done for.

So.. that's intense. I would say mil noticed we blocked her on everything.

:stare:

mystes
May 31, 2006

Well that escalated quickly

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

MagusofStars posted:

Holy cognitive dissonance Batman!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

mystes posted:

Well that escalated quickly

and probably will continue. might want to uh take steps there op

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 23 days!

Hey, definitely keep that correspondence for any impending police reports or court orders. Just speaking from experience.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

DreamingofRoses posted:

"Proms suck, sports are dumb too, come to think of it. Let's just stay home and play video games" - me as a parent, sealing my nomination for father of the year

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Cloacamazing! posted:

My grandpa went by a name that wasn't either of his first names for most of his life, to the point where relatives were confused when they saw his tombstone.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

lmao

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

The ages on that love triangle are insane, they should all be like 18 tops for that level of high school dating drama.

CoffeeBoofer
Dec 10, 2023

by Pragmatica
Just a kid

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

Ensign Expendable posted:

I think we've finally reached the point where a real wedding is completely superfluous. Just send out announcements and solicitations for money to friends and relatives, and in exchange send them back a bunch of AI-generated photos and videos of the bride and groom having an incredibly lavish, picture-esque and perfectly-coordinated dream wedding. Why worry about your tattooed cousin ruining the photos when you can have 50 bridesmaid clones? Why stress about getting into an exclusive venue when you can have your ceremony on the moon?? Those who really want to show off their wealth can send an expensive dinner along with the video package, and hire James Cameron to direct.

Albino Broccoli
Aug 5, 2022

TACD posted:

If you're a *squints, thinkingly* teenager in the UK then congrats, you might be the very child in question!

Canadian, which is even worse sadly

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

How about a little change of pace with a golden child that thinks someone else is the golden child?

Am I wrong for asking my parents not to bring my pampered brother when we go on vacation to meet my bio family?

quote:

AITA for asking my parents not to bring my brother when we go on vacation to meet my bio family?

My brother (15M) is my parents' only bio kid. He's nice enough, but he's still a pretty exhausting person to be around. He's super extroverted and my parents say the spoiled him rotten when he was an only child, because he always wants attention and special things for him.

He said he was jealous. Jealous of the fact that I was put into foster care as a kid? Jealous that our parents are trying to help me and Maysie recover from foster care and don't give him the same special things that are being used to help us recover? I don't get it.

I was super insecure when I was first placed with my family and so was Maysie, so our parents did things for us that a pampered bio kid does not need. He'd never hurt anyone on purpose. But he just always wants things to be about him and is incapable of accepting that he has sisters and that we need things he doesn't.

We go on vacation every four years. We switch who gets to pick. I'll give my brother this credit - it was technically his turn to pick. But my bio family finally reached out to me this year and they're in the same state where my brother wanted to go. My parents and sister are happy to visit them, but my brother was upset.

He asked if we could go to his original spot while we were down there. It's about three hundred miles away from my bio family, so going off there would cut days of our trip. I obviously said no. He suggested I could stay with my bio family while the rest of my family went there. Our parents quickly shut that down. Even after five days of knowing them first, that'll be way too risky. He ended up going off to sulk in his room.

I asked my parents not to include him on the trip. They were surprised at first, but when I explained that meeting my bio family was important to me and I didn't want to risk my brother being immature or killing the vibe they agreed that it was a good idea. He threw a tantrum when they told him he would stay here with our aunt.

Maysie came and got mad at me, saying that I was cruel and that Jamie was crying. He did look pretty hurt, I'll admit, but he has to realize that there are other people in the world too.

So each kid gets to choose the vacation every 12 years? And it was finally this kid's turn, and not only did the OP hijack his turn but now he's kicked out of the vacation altogether? How hard would it be for one parent to take him to his choice destination and the other stay with OP and the bio family, or meet the bio family halfway or something? Maybe the bio family will turn out to be a bunch of drug addicts and psychos, but hey, they finally reached out, so gently caress you, brother, maybe you get the next "family" vacation pick in four years when you're an adult.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

MagusofStars posted:

"If I were to ask you if you had cheated, would you say yes?"

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

DreamingofRoses posted:

Yeah, that's what happens with high school sports, especially highly ranked teams where things get really competitive. Welcome to being an adult, where you can't always have everything and have to prioritize, as well as deal with the consequences of your choices.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Troublemaker posted:

How about a little change of pace with a golden child that thinks someone else is the golden child?

Am I wrong for asking my parents not to bring my pampered brother when we go on vacation to meet my bio family?

So each kid gets to choose the vacation every 12 years? And it was finally this kid's turn, and not only did the OP hijack his turn but now he's kicked out of the vacation altogether? How hard would it be for one parent to take him to his choice destination and the other stay with OP and the bio family, or meet the bio family halfway or something? Maybe the bio family will turn out to be a bunch of drug addicts and psychos, but hey, they finally reached out, so gently caress you, brother, maybe you get the next "family" vacation pick in four years when you're an adult.

Yeah, it seems like there are any number of better options than kicking the kid out of his own trip. I thought it was bad enough when I was thinking the trips were annual, before I scrolled back up and saw it was every four years. That's an important meeting, but I'd be pissed too if I were him.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

I feel like OP meeting her bio family shouldn't be the family vacation. No idea if the son really is a spoiled brat or if he's just seen his parents give everything away to the adopted kids, and now they're throwing him out of his own family vacation because the bio family just happened to reach out to her. That should be a whole separate mess, and it seems to have only happened because they live in the same state as the brother's chosen vacation destination, yet instead of working the bio meeting around the trip they just made the whole trip about the bio meeting and excluded him entirely. Like, find some other way to get them together but now the whole thing is about her and her bio family, not her adopted sister, brother, or parents. Definitely seems like some estranged parent poo poo in the making.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

The_Franz posted:

Yeah, that's what happens with high school sports, especially highly ranked teams where things get really competitive. Welcome to being an adult, where you can't always have everything and have to prioritize, as well as deal with the consequences of your choices.

Counterpoint - high school sports are loving stupid and anyone who takes them seriously should be thrown in an acid vat.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

Counterpoint - high school sports are loving stupid and anyone who takes them seriously should be thrown in an acid vat.

Sounds like her mom believes that she'll get a full ride scholarship out of the sports thing, which has a value of about 20k/semester at your average state school these days. For four years, 160k dollar value, that's about 1/10th the median American's lifetime earnings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

eh I agree on principle but if shes good enough to get a scholarship then its no longer stupid to take it seriously