Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I liked loop hero a lot when I played it on PC but it felt like I was just starting to get into it when it ended. to me it felt like it should've had a bunch more tile types and synergies to discover, and more effective strategies to work with. maybe it was just me really hoping to spend a lot more time with the game though (even after fighting the optional bosses)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah it's definitely not a super deep game, I enjoyed it back when it came out but didn't go nuts with it so I think there's a lot I haven't seen yet.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Loop Hero is definitely a decisive one, its not quite and idle game and not quite an autobattler. It's fun but I won't play it for 10 hours at a time. Having it on mobile is perfect for that.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

death cob for cutie posted:

What can I play on my phone that's a horrible grindfest with big numbers like Disgaea that a. doesn't have quite as much Anime as Disgaea and b. isn't one of the official Disgaea releases that's like 30 bucks? I kind of want something grindy and long-form to kill time with lately, ideally with Big Numbers. (I've played a fair amount of Siralim Ultimate on PC/Android - something like that would work nicely)

I'm looking for this too, with the added requirement of "no daily engagement mechanisms"; I want to play purely on my own schedule without FOMO. I haven't played Siralim though so I'll check that out.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

death cob for cutie posted:

What can I play on my phone that's a horrible grindfest with big numbers like Disgaea that a. doesn't have quite as much Anime as Disgaea and b. isn't one of the official Disgaea releases that's like 30 bucks? I kind of want something grindy and long-form to kill time with lately, ideally with Big Numbers. (I've played a fair amount of Siralim Ultimate on PC/Android - something like that would work nicely)

Dungeon Maker

unfortunately it doesn't hit your no anime requirement but it's got so much to do in a run and as you go you unlock more number boosts and can inherit things between runs, level up your anime girl etc.

their older game Dungeon Defenders is also still good and doesn't have the anime theme as much

I will say Dungeon Maker has a login bonus for 28 days but mostly to boost you along in unlocking stuff from the decks

Cerepol fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 30, 2024

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Heads up for anyone playing Loop Hero, there is a time control on the top of the UI where you can set the game to run at 4x speed. It's not super apparent since the UI is cramped on mobile, but I has forgotten about it until I was picking around the screen a bit.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

victorious posted:

Got you. Anyone else waiting? There are a couple on the list but I don't recognise the names.

My wife just applied as Awesome Amy.

Silius
Apr 24, 2010
Advance wars like Warbits+ is out for $4.99.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riskylab.warbitsplus

My Risky ID is Silius if you want to add me!

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Silius posted:

Advance wars like Warbits+ is out for $4.99.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riskylab.warbitsplus

My Risky ID is Silius if you want to add me!

Portrait! Sold!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Kheldarn posted:

My wife just applied as Awesome Amy.

Just saw this and added her. I'm still dabbling in Royal Match, but hitting walls where I get one level after another where I need to build up to "coins == 35 extra moves" to stand a chance without insane drop pity.

I tried out Loop Hero on my phone and... it's really a tablet kind of game, I think. I feel like I need my reading glasses to work out what's going on on my Pixel screen. It hasn't grabbed me yet either way, but it's not unappealing.

Magic Research, I've reached the end of the tournament, and the final boss waxed me so badly that it'll be a while before I try again.

keeper
Jun 5, 2002

delfin posted:

Just saw this and added her. I'm still dabbling in Royal Match, but hitting walls where I get one level after another where I need to build up to "coins == 35 extra moves" to stand a chance without insane drop pity.

If it helps the insane drop pity is absolutely part of the game.

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy

delfin posted:

I tried out Loop Hero on my phone and... it's really a tablet kind of game, I think. I feel like I need my reading glasses to work out what's going on on my Pixel screen. It hasn't grabbed me yet either way, but it's not unappealing.

Magic Research, I've reached the end of the tournament, and the final boss waxed me so badly that it'll be a while before I try again.

Husband and I have been playing a shitton of Royal Match and our pubby guild is slacking. Gonna jump over to the goon guild together.

We're Crim (me) and silvergoose (him).

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

Husband and I have been playing a shitton of Royal Match and our pubby guild is slacking. Gonna jump over to the goon guild together.

We're Crim (me) and silvergoose (him).

Same as DontMindMe

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I also joined Royal Match as Seravadon. No idea how long it will hold my attention.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

Geocities Homepage King posted:

I also joined Royal Match as Seravadon. No idea how long it will hold my attention.

You're in!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Well I certainly didn't expect to enjoy it but royal match is pretty good. I also sent an invite to the team, same name as here.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
I've had to stop Royal Match. It feels like I can't just play it when I want to, and may get trapped into playing it longer than I want to thanks to 2x boosts and timers in general.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Wuthering Waves, a gacha that has been hyped just got released.

Edit: Jesus 7.3gb download after installing

Edit2: and servers don't open until May 23

Rapner fucked around with this message at 09:49 on May 21, 2024

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Magic Research 2 is now out.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

delfin posted:

Magic Research 2 is now out.

Looks like they made the resource collection a lot more complicated, in a good way. And there is actual offline progress instead of time coins. Interesting.

It's kind of a sales game now? You make items to sell for gold and transmute them into more expensive items to sell for more. Capitalism, ho!

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 20:24 on May 21, 2024

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

CuddleCryptid posted:

Looks like they made the resource collection a lot more complicated, in a good way. And there is actual offline progress instead of time coins. Interesting.

It's kind of a sales game now? You make items to sell for gold and transmute them into more expensive items to sell for more. Capitalism, ho!

Up to a point, yes? You are earning coins the hard way rather than simply casting Illusion spells this time around, but it can all be handled in the background by your apprentice Wizards. I've gotten up to the beginning of the Desert so far and have had no trouble being funded by selling endless shipments of Water Shards.

The new Pouch system is kind of funky. Instead of having to grind out umpteen potions, having them be reusable is a really nice touch. I've found Venomous Brews very handy for poisoning everyone who comes your way.

Also, don't be like me and take until your third session to realize that you can transmute Paper for Enhancements in bulk.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

delfin posted:

Also, don't be like me and take until your third session to realize that you can transmute Paper for Enhancements in bulk.

What do you mean? Like the "make X papers" button on the transmutation interface? Or is there something else?

VVV oh noooo. But in your defense that is how Ancient Tomes worked

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 22, 2024

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

CuddleCryptid posted:

What do you mean? Like the "make X papers" button on the transmutation interface? Or is there something else?

Like, how I got my three papers for clearing the Final Exam and then thought that papers were boss rewards, not something you could make yourself, and got frustrated as to how I had to pick and choose between entry-level enhancements.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

I've been playing Top Troops for about a day and enjoying it a lot.

Not sure how deep it gets but it sits nicely in the junction of matching, pvp battles, gacha and progression.

Edit: just hit a paywall I think. Eh this is going to be grindy

Rapner fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 26, 2024

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I'm here again to shamelessly plug our goon-guild in Warcraft Rumble! Yes, we're still playing, it's still fun, and there is a bunch of new content launching with Season 6 in just a few days! If you are interested in joining, the guild is open to anyone right now and we have tons of room. Search for "GoonSquadTwo", join up and start rumblin'!

If you haven't checked out the game since launch, we have a few new minis, a leader and the alternating Darkmoon Faire (guild-based rewards) and Blingtron's Bounties (individual rewards) which keep things interesting between heroic missions, dungeons, and PvP.

Here is a short run-down of some of the new features coming with Season 6:
  • Earth and Moon - a spell that alternates whenever a Cenarion mini is played. Currently we only have the Faeire Dragon but it seems like Cenarion leaders and new minis are coming in Season 7.

Earth and Moon description posted:

Offense or defense – why not both? Use Earth and Moon, Warcraft Rumble’s newest spell to turn the tides of battle. Every time a Cenarion Mini is played, this hybrid spell will swap between Starfall for elemental damage or Entangling Roots for an area root that also applies poison.

• Co-op Stormwind Siege - Join with a guildmate to attack Stormwind. Pretty excited for this.

Stormwind Siege posted:

On May 29, you and a guildmate can battle against General Marcus Jonathan at the gates of Stormwind, challenge Innkeeper Allison at the Gilded Rose Inn, and throw hands with Highlord Bolvar Fordragon in Stormwind Keep.

• Molten Core Raid - Another guild co-op activity, this time it's our first raid! (I still haven't beaten Onyxia)

Molten Core posted:

If you skipped leg day, you’d have a Molten Core too! On June 5, grab a guildmate and dive into the warm and inviting lava pools of Molten Core. Battle against all the fearsome foes some may expect to see in Molten Core: Lucifron, Magmadar, Baron Geddon, and so many more! Defeat Ragnaros for the ultimate prize: Ragnaros as a Leader. Just because he’s mini doesn’t make him any less fearsome. Hopefully, your opponents are wearing their brown pants.

Not prepared to go toe to toe with the Firelord himself? Strengthen your army by defeating Lucifron and Magmadar in Wing 1 to unlock the new Boost Slot.

More news here: https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/warcraftrumble/24091199/claim-victory-in-season-6-to-unlock-new-rewards

And a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6hAbTZnzKA

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

TheDK posted:

I'm here again to shamelessly plug our goon-guild in Warcraft Rumble! Yes, we're still playing, it's still fun, and there is a bunch of new content launching with Season 6 in just a few days! If you are interested in joining, the guild is open to anyone right now and we have tons of room. Search for "GoonSquadTwo", join up and start rumblin'!

Come join the warcraft game. It's fun. I promise you won't have anything to bitch about for at least a while. Come. Eat the bugs. :)

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Arms_Akimbo posted:

Shapez is on the play pass. Factory sim that's been on steam for a few years

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playdigious.shapez

I got pretty excited by this, played the first few levels, bought the full thing, only to almost immediately find that the colourblind mode doesn't seem to do anything useful. So I've got it refunded.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Squad Busters just launched globally. It's a stupid little battle royale thing where you make the farmer from Hay Day beat up the Clash of Clans Barbarian. Goons are PLAYING and BUSTING as you read this.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Does busting make you feel good?

Aredna
Mar 17, 2007
Nap Ghost
Just starting busting squads and it's a great feeling

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Busting makes me feel good

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I am also busting with my squad as FistEnergy if anyone wants a buddy. I'm not sure if it's a good game but it's amusing enough for a few minutes a day.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
This is the first I heard of the game and happened to see a commercial for it and why does it have such an insane budget?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8-LVmdHi8c

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Push El Burrito posted:

This is the first I heard of the game and happened to see a commercial for it and why does it have such an insane budget?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8-LVmdHi8c

Just recently I found out there was a Raid Shadow Legends ad with Jeff Goldblum, but this is on a whole other level.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

My guess is that a lot of these money funnel games are made/owned by super large corps and they spend big on ads for their poo poo games to inflate their expenses and offset profits from elsewhere.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's a Supercell joint so yeah I assume they have unlimited marketing budget.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

AlexDeGruven posted:

My guess is that a lot of these money funnel games are made/owned by A super large corps and they spend big on ads for their poo poo games to inflate their expenses and offset profits from elsewhere.

Ftfy, because yeah, it definitely looks like they spent at least TenCents on their marketing budget.

Rapner
May 7, 2013

AlexDeGruven posted:

My guess is that a lot of these money funnel games are made/owned by super large corps and they spend big on ads for their poo poo games to inflate their expenses and offset profits from elsewhere.

Usually the marketing budget for big games is equal or larger than the entire development budget.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Thank god we have so many reviewers exposing fake games like I see on so many adverts nowadays. Otherwise I might be inclined to believe that the gameplay shown is nothing like the actual game. Gameplay that is strangely identical to many other games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A weird part of me wants to actually play the stupid shooting barrels with bigger and more ridiculous guns game that every fake ad has and none actually let you play.