Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

temple posted:

luka is the goat complainer and it's not even close.

Harden and Ginobli cried so Luka could sob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Head Bee Guy posted:

every audience member in okc wearing the same thing is so creepy

"every audience member"

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
ive crunched some numbers and i think the cavs are going to have to have higher ones than the celtics to win the series

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

IMB posted:

"every audience member"

Wrong Tarantino movie

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Vibes off the charts

https://twitter.com/JonKrawczynski/status/1788219577853227399

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
not sure how I didn't make the connection that this was another Zaslav gently caress-up

https://x.com/nytimes/status/1788229918439948774

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
God imagine being that dumb and that bad at your job.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Imagining it, and imagining my $50m salary.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

If he makes $50m a year he must be great at his job

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lockback posted:

yeah like bradley beal

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Lockback posted:

Just pointing out the absurdity of it.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I listened to the Hoop Collective this morning (I know, I have a commute, okay) and Andrew Lopez said they spent the entire pre-game in OKC pointing people out on the jumbotron who weren't wearing their white shirts and they'd get booed until they put it on. No pre-game hype videos at all, just a full 90 minutes of shirt shaming.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

OzFactor posted:

I listened to the Hoop Collective this morning (I know, I have a commute, okay) and Andrew Lopez said they spent the entire pre-game in OKC pointing people out on the jumbotron who weren't wearing their white shirts and they'd get booed until they put it on. No pre-game hype videos at all, just a full 90 minutes of shirt shaming.

tbf this is better than forcing the whole arena to pray

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
That severance payment gonna be 🔥🔥🔥

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
My friend sent me a meme where it's people coddling Shai and saying how young he is and they turn to Luka and tell him to win already, you fat piece of poo poo.

The punchline, of course, being they're the same age.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Strawberry Panda posted:

My friend sent me a meme where it's people coddling Shai and saying how young he is and they turn to Luka and tell him to win already, you fat piece of poo poo.

Sounds like a very unfunny meme

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Papes posted:

Sounds like a very unfunny meme

Wasn't great so I didn't post it.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
you kinda did

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

tried to play it safe on both sides, came out short on both. shameful.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Strawberry Panda posted:

Yeah, Luka is treated unfairly in the national media. Shai is sucking up all his praise. That jerk!

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

morestuff posted:

not sure how I didn't make the connection that this was another Zaslav gently caress-up

https://x.com/nytimes/status/1788229918439948774

Is this good or bad for AEW

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

illcendiary posted:

yes

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

illcendiary posted:

AEW has had a secret streaming deal for going on a year now and will be announced between now and 2046 so unchanged

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I'm actually glad Jamal Murray didn't get suspended because it would just lead to more stupid storyline talk.

But I do find the mental gymnastics kind of funny. They say in the post game that he wouldn't have been ejected, only given a technical if they saw it real time. And they say its not suspension worthy because he didn't mean to throw it on the court and it wasn't directed at a specific player. However, it appears based on the towel throw that preceded it he did intend to throw it at the ref. However, lets say he didn't and was just throwing things in a general area twice and one did actually end up on court during play. That's actually just a tech because it wasn't at a person. Draymond is about to get crazy next year with throwing poo poo. It's just a really funny bizarre situation that thankfully ended up being entirely harmless.

Also yeah, Zaslav is a loving moron.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

his penitence should be being forced to play the full 48 minutes each game against the wolves locking him up and sweeping the team.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

soggybagel posted:

I'm actually glad Jamal Murray didn't get suspended because it would just lead to more stupid storyline talk.

But I do find the mental gymnastics kind of funny. They say in the post game that he wouldn't have been ejected, only given a technical if they saw it real time. And they say its not suspension worthy because he didn't mean to throw it on the court and it wasn't directed at a specific player. However, it appears based on the towel throw that preceded it he did intend to throw it at the ref. However, lets say he didn't and was just throwing things in a general area twice and one did actually end up on court during play. That's actually just a tech because it wasn't at a person. Draymond is about to get crazy next year with throwing poo poo. It's just a really funny bizarre situation that thankfully ended up being entirely harmless.

Also yeah, Zaslav is a loving moron.

If they saw it it almost certainly woulda been an ejection. But they aren't going to go back and review, and you don't want to get something like that wrong. But also, ejecting someone at halftime is not as bad as suspending for a game (which I think would be overkill) so they're kinda stuck just hand waiving the whole thing.

A fine and some public embarrassment is the right call. If it happens again it's definitely going to get the ban hammer though.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

verbal enema posted:

you kinda did

...gently caress!

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Lockback posted:

If they saw it it almost certainly woulda been an ejection. But they aren't going to go back and review, and you don't want to get something like that wrong. But also, ejecting someone at halftime is not as bad as suspending for a game (which I think would be overkill) so they're kinda stuck just hand waiving the whole thing.

A fine and some public embarrassment is the right call. If it happens again it's definitely going to get the ban hammer though.

In the pool report they specifically said even had they saw it they wouldn't have ejected him.

"I was the lead official, and I didn't notice it was on the floor or where it came from until [Karl-Anthony] Towns scored," Davis said in the pool report regarding the heat pack. "We weren't aware it had come from the bench. If we would have been aware it came from the bench, we could have reviewed it under the hostile act trigger. The penalty would have been a technical foul."

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

soggybagel posted:

In the pool report they specifically said even had they saw it they wouldn't have ejected him.

"I was the lead official, and I didn't notice it was on the floor or where it came from until [Karl-Anthony] Towns scored," Davis said in the pool report regarding the heat pack. "We weren't aware it had come from the bench. If we would have been aware it came from the bench, we could have reviewed it under the hostile act trigger. The penalty would have been a technical foul."

I know, but what else can you say? You're not going to say "Yeah we shoulda ejected him", that undercuts you considerably and sets up a suspension as the only recourse.Saying "Guys it was bad but not THAT bad" is the middle ground.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

elime anning posted:

Dang good to see you bizort. I was just telling someone the other day about “Don’t Worry Guys, It’s Me, Slava Medvedenko”. Go magic

I'd forgotten about that one. Thanks for the kind words.

Okc shaming non white shirt wearers is good fun. I wish more teams did that instead of "zoom in on this 6 year old kid barely dancing" and every bucks fan who thinks chugging beer is an accomplishment

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Papercut posted:

tbf this is better than forcing the whole arena to pray

yeah except they're the same thing.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Ammanas posted:

yeah except they're the same thing.

check below your seat for your complementary baptismal gown

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Me watching Jamal Murray in G2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4stb_eAZ6Hs

Me watching Anthony Edwards in G2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1YeqfDyZg8

soggybagel posted:

To me the bigger thing that is completely shocking is how rattled the Nuggets seemed yesterday. They never really punched back. They just were arguing with the refs all game (a trait last years wolves team constantly did). They didn't look like defending champs. The crowd was basically never in it either. They never even had the half hearted second half push. Just a total loving beatdown.

It seems harder than ever to repeat. The 2018 Warriors are the last to do it with their super team. If KD didn't join then maybe it'd be the 2013 Heat (another super team) and the Ray Allen shot. And it's been over twenty years since the last threepeat.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Tiffany Haddish started tracking down her online trolls and calling them on the phone
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/rcna150574

“I’ve learned how to find people’s information — like I pull up the credit report, police records. You can do that for $1.99,” Haddish said.

KD needs to step up his game.

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

Murray threw the heat pack on the court so he could get suspended and use that as an excuse for getting swept. He doesn't wanna be out there all four games cuz he knows he will get exposed

He should consider throwing larger items. Rather than towels and heat packs maybe a ball rack or a stationary bicycle.

OzFactor posted:

We all knew exactly what was going to happen and it happened exactly that way. Who knows what will happen next year, maybe PG will leave, maybe Kawhi will medically retire, maybe tickets to the new arena will cost too much for normal people like me, I don’t know, but here’s what I do know: I will be making the same post in 12 months.

Westbrook, Harden and PG-13 go 2for17 from 3P range. Very similar to a Jamal Murray night. :rip:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
zogo, how are your nba title correlation stats (SRS, roster continuity, avg age, etc.) doing this nba playoffs?

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

WhyteRyce posted:

One of the seat ushers asked how many shirts I had. I said 4. He asked how many tickets I had. I said 4. He then said good if I said any other number then he’d have to stop me

"Sir, I have ten tickets and need six more shirts."

BIZORT posted:

Suggs TS% by year
'21-22 45.5%
'22-23 52.8%
'23-24 60.2%

I tried to look up other players who had a TS% less than or equal to 45.5% while playing as much as he did as a rookie but I don't pay for bball-ref and the only results I see not blocked by an ad are guys from the 1940s and 50s so I don't think many others have overcome those struggles.

Rookies with 500+ FGAs and TS% below 46% (since 2000):

code:
Jalen Suggs	 	 2021-22
Jordan Poole		 2019-20
Lonzo Ball		 2017-18
Frank Ntilikina		 2017-18
Stanley	Johnson		 2015-16
Emmanuel Mudiay		 2015-16
Elfrid Payton		 2014-15
Jordan Crawford		 2010-11
Terrence Williams 	 2009-10
Adam Morrison	 	 2006-07
Jarvis Hayes		 2003-04
Rasual Butler		 2002-03
Eddie Griffin		 2001-02
Jamaal Tinsley		 2001-02
Anthony	Carter		 1999-00
Jordan Poole is the only other player on that list who increased his TS% to comparable levels by year three.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

piratepilates posted:

his penitence should be being forced to play the full 48 minutes each game against the wolves locking him up and sweeping the team.

Instead of taking Murray out of the game, the punishment is that the Wolves get an additional player for the sole purpose of Defending Murray like that one play where he got sent to Defense Hell.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

soggybagel posted:

I can’t recall a player or coach ever throwing something into an active play like that before.

Udonis Haslem threw his mouthguard and was immediately tossed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je0K5s4ybrM

Rick posted:

He'd have to make it there first.

Like honestly maybe it's sending him home from the IST to the all star would be a good plan.

Some extreme version of the 2018 and 2019 Kawhi plan seems like the only feasible way.

Harlock posted:

Jamal Murray really should be suspended and it will be funny when he isn't

He could throw a chair onto the court Friday night and see if they let him stay in the game.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
He should try throwing the ball in the hoop imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

Salvor_Hardin posted:

He should try throwing the ball in the hoop imo

https://x.com/CJMcCollum/status/1029796654675841024