Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Whirling posted:

liberal feminism seems like it really favors voluntary sex segregation since it can't actually solve gender inequality. you'd have to both break the back of the rich patriarchal system and adopt a radically different way of viewing gender to begin with, and that's scary so instead we're going to see more dipshit women trying to retreat into women's-only enclaves while the men get increasingly hopped up on mgtow poo poo, and both approaches will be ruthlessly capitalized upon by said rich patriarchs.

hmm, liberalism reinventing segregation? where have I heard that one before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Here in the woods looking for bears and there's all these straight women ugh

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
I thought this was an interesting look at an often overlooked impact of things like the recent Man-Bear discourse.

https://x.com/dyingscribe/status/1787876433789886664

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Has anyone tried to kill all men BY bears? Do we think that would work?

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

girls always think i'm gay because i don't instantly hit on them and therefore am not a threat so i suggest those men try this one weird trick

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Skaffen-Amtiskaw posted:

Has anyone tried to kill all men BY bears? Do we think that would work?

Timothy Treadwell, feminist icon and trailblazer

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Maed posted:

girls always think i'm gay because i don't instantly hit on them and therefore am not a threat so i suggest those men try this one weird trick

Dudes always think I'm gay cause they'll suck me off and I will let them but bad news fellas I'm straight as an arrow, u got fooled :hehe:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Whirling posted:

liberal feminism seems like it really favors voluntary sex segregation since it can't actually solve gender inequality. you'd have to both break the back of the rich patriarchal system and adopt a radically different way of viewing gender to begin with, and that's scary so instead we're going to see more dipshit women trying to retreat into women's-only enclaves while the men get increasingly hopped up on mgtow poo poo, and both approaches will be ruthlessly capitalized upon by said rich patriarchs.

if only we had some sort of technology that made it easy to obfuscate gender on public platforms to perhaps create a sort of mostly anonymous discussion space where were forced to engage with other people purely on the value of their ideas instead of having to qualify the validity of that expression based on stated identity

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Some Guy TT posted:

if only we had some sort of technology that made it easy to obfuscate gender on public platforms to perhaps create a sort of mostly anonymous discussion space where were forced to engage with other people purely on the value of their ideas instead of having to qualify the validity of that expression based on stated identity

This falls apart when you're posting with the same people for decades op

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Whirling posted:

My wife has worked in several all woman offices and she says theyve universally been worse than mixed gender set ups, I suppose much like making an all white enclave only leads to ever finer stratification and subtler methods of social torture

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Nix Panicus posted:

My wife has worked in several all woman offices and she says theyve universally been worse than mixed gender set ups, I suppose much like making an all white enclave only leads to ever finer stratification and subtler methods of social torture

Pretty sure they also end up being all white spaces most of the time too

Liberal feminism still tends to end up being basically middle school 'girls rule boys drool' at its core

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

One More Fat Nerd posted:

I thought this was an interesting look at an often overlooked impact of things like the recent Man-Bear discourse.

https://x.com/dyingscribe/status/1787876433789886664

(leaning head back, to the side and covering mouth with palm) pusssyyy. its pussy o’clock over here.

Homeless Friend has issued a correction as of 01:19 on May 9, 2024

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty sure they also end up being all white spaces most of the time too

Liberal feminism still tends to end up being basically middle school 'girls rule boys drool' at its core

More racially diverse than that, but very little class diversity in general (and no *disclosed* neurodiversity at all). Although at her last office there was one person in particular who came from poverty who was very loud about accommodations being a weakness because nobody had helped them and they turned out fine, and kids needed to be toughened up to prepare for the real world

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Some Guy TT posted:

on the web your gender is retard it would seem

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

tokin opposition posted:

This falls apart when you're posting with the same people for decades op

Skill issue.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Nix Panicus posted:

I work in an all woman IT department and hate both my boss, my coworker, and my boss's boss.

Luckily the DEI committee has a token man.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Nix Panicus posted:

There was a brit feminist who started her own ad agency and only hired women, because she thought that problems she saw at mixed gender workplaces were either due to mens actions, or womens actions in response to men.

She wrote an article about it after it shut down around 5 years later, and her takeaway was that it was a huge mistake. Apparently it was more or less instantly broke into a series of shifting, infighting classist cliques. Also with no men around to perv on them and make them uncomfortable apparently a bunch of ladies just talk about sex constantly, making other women around them uncomfortable.

Of course all the women around were brits, so that could be part of the problem.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Platystemon posted:

Skill issue.

*Checks goons.dat* pretty big talk coming from an Italian

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Nix Panicus posted:

Offices need a man with a stapler, or god forbid without, to keep them honest

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Turns out people who want a shortcut to having to actually figure out healthy ways to interact with other people tend to get pretty hosed up when they have their way

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Turns out people who want a shortcut to having to actually figure out healthy ways to interact with other people tend to get pretty hosed up when they have their way

No no no, the solution to capitalist anomie is definitely more segregation but wokeishly, this is a solved problem

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

lol

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

feminism thread top posters: old guy who is incredibly weird about sex workers and cuck

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

feminism thread top posters: old guy who is incredibly weird about sex workers and cuck

im behind on my lore which one of these is supposed to me

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Some Guy TT posted:

both i think

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022
lol how old is tt

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Some Guy TT posted:

players choice

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

You can't be a cuck if you're single ait

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I will never gently caress and I am the queen of feminism

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Triple post

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

tokin opposition posted:

You can't be a cuck if you're single ait

tokin opposition posted:

I will never gently caress and I am the queen of feminism

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

everyone would have just accepted that post as referring solely to some guy tt…

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

lumpentroll posted:

everyone would have just accepted that post as referring solely to some guy tt…

gender studies majors stick together

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

gender studies majors stick together

hes not gonna gently caress you

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Ohtori Akio posted:

hes not gonna gently caress you

Good. That's what I want. Don't make me start sending you links to AVEN

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I'm a feminist, I believe women are fully capable of being just as hosed up and horrible as men, and many have in fact already achieved it

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Women: not special.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The more genders there are the more difficult it is to be sexist against them, 1/x where x is the number of genders. This we can conclude that as genders go to infinity sexism reaches zero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
Genders are pretty cool imo, we can always use more