Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

sounds like those TFR goons are just living the Fallout murder-hobo lifestyle of maxing out Small Guns and Lockpicking, along with the Confirmed Bachelor perk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
why, I would immediately shoot myself with a gun!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

what, the alpha-bro one?

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

grieving for Gandalf posted:

looked at tfr just to see how things were poppin and a guy says he brings lockpicks around with him instead of his house keys and was regretting he forgot them this morning

lol

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Lol that guy tries to act like "one of the boys" but then posts insane stuff in tfr is very funny.

they're all nuts

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Martman posted:

sounds like those TFR goons are just living the Fallout murder-hobo lifestyle of maxing out Small Guns and Lockpicking, along with the Confirmed Bachelor perk

:dudsmile:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Martman posted:

lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Tfr: the chill fun forum for responsible leftist gun ownership where we carry ar-15s with immaculate trigger discipline to protect against friggen chuds and post pics of john brown

Also tfr: I wanna lynch these people on the news, specifically in the civil rights way. If you make fun of me i am allowed to kill you

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

the sex ghost posted:

Tfr: the chill fun forum for responsible leftist gun ownership where we carry ar-15s with immaculate trigger discipline to protect against friggen chuds and post pics of john brown

Also tfr: I wanna lynch these people on the news, specifically in the civil rights way. If you make fun of me i am allowed to kill you

the be fair it was only a TFR mod who said that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
plinkey would post in TFR and post about his ar-15. scared?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

nnnneeeener

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

My Unironic Gun Pride Gangtag lol.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

They would be praising Kyle Rittenhouse if he was an ally and that's the actual hosed up part

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
i don't know what set it off but maybe some of these people should not be posting on SA

braggin about how easily you could cobble together a small machine gun in your garage to go a-murderin' is not the bullet proof defense against guns laws you think it is

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it rules that the people obsessed with guns are all insecure dorks that shouldnt own them no matter where they fall on the political spectrum

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The former mod compared being pro gun control with being anti abortion and thought it was ghoulish for parents of school shooting victims to be pro gun control lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dongicus posted:

nnnneeeener

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Dip Viscous posted:

Extremely cool we lost a mod based on input from people that hadn't heard of the person in question 24 hours ago or looked at the forum they moderate. No way that's going to make people think there are behind the scenes hostilities.

If the dunk on mods forum has to exist at all it should be a designated cry and piss your pants until you tire out zone instead of a thing that's acted upon.

DarkHorse posted:

I remember they went after Cyrano too, just... what is their problem / what are they trying to accomplish?!

lol, can't believe anyone would ever criticize cyrano

PCOS Bill posted:

anti islamic hate screed

Cyrano4747 posted:

Exactly this. It's the whole reason I asked him to do it.

Discussions about sensitive topics that involve controversial viewpoints are fine and can even be really fun. Where poo poo gets aggravating and unproductive is when people reduce their arguments down as far as possible (whether you want to call it a "hot take" "sound byte" "slogan" or whatever) and just shout them at each other without engaging at all.

This problem isn't unique to this thread, incidentally, it's endemic to pretty much all political discourse in the US right now. It's always been an undercurrent, but has gotten really pronounced in the last decade. I'd probably peg Gingrich's opposition to Clinton as the first place where it really started entering the political mainstream, but like I said you can find hints of it wherever you look.

Since day one my main objective for this thread has been to tone down on people shouting past each other and dial up actual discussions that engage with each other. That's why the first thing I did was implement my "argue the point, not the poster / no insults" rule, because that was the biggest, most obvious symptom of the larger issue. It's a lot easier to simply dismiss someone who says something you don't like than engage with the argument.

Moving forward I really, REALLY want to see people put at least some nominal effort into engaging with each other. That's what I was eyeballing when I flirted with imposing something similar to D&D's rules. I'm still trying to figure out how to make that work, but I think the best start is to be explicit about what would be great to see.

PCOS Bill made a great post. Agree with it or disagree with it there's at least substance there and logic. This is a good thing and I would LOVE to see more of it.

Even the baby blowjob post

Cyrano4747 posted:

I can't believe I'm actually trying to logically think this through in my head but here we go. . .

-snip-

And now, having spent my morning coffee contemplating the logistics of blowjobs from infants, I'm going to go do anything else for the rest of the day and try to forget I ever sat down to think this through.

I mean, the word came down, the matter is resolved.

Fritz the Horse posted:

The two Jeff decrees I'm aware of right now is that synthy will stay locked to FYAD and IZ (synthy and Jeff talked directly a bunch and there's some sort of understanding or agreement there, idk) and no further actions will be taken for Cyrano's baby blowjob post.

The other things that admins aren't involved in is tech backend and forums store stuff.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

c'mon, man, you're weirding everyone out with this line of posting

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Can't imagine why someone might think that making a post about how you want your political enemies hate-crimed might disqualify you from modding the firearms forum

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i think the demodded mod is better than cyrano

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

https://www.defense-technology.com/product/tko-12-gauge-breaching-round/

Yet still opts to punch lock

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The former mod compared being pro gun control with being anti abortion and thought it was ghoulish for parents of school shooting victims to be pro gun control lol.

Using AI voice stuff is hosed but yeah that’s not because it’s vaguely similar to abusive things anti-choice people scream at women outside medical clinics. But idk the stance of that thread just seems to be that you need the guns to fight nazis and if you think otherwise you’re abetting genocide so I don’t know if there’s any point in engaging with it.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The Gun Control thread is somehow even more full of freaks getting mad at a school shooting survivor. These forums are so cool lol.

School Shooting stuff hits close to home so I can't be objective about this but these people should all be banned for real lol.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

What the gently caress.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Any quotes? Its like 350 pages between the two I saw

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

a guy who punches a door for not opening? sounds like he should own a gun or two

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The Gun Control thread is somehow even more full of freaks getting mad at a school shooting survivor. These forums are so cool lol.

School Shooting stuff hits close to home so I can't be objective about this but these people should all be banned for real lol.

i agree, ibram gaunt

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

and poster, here's a glock 18. it might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Joey McChrist posted:

and poster, here's a glock 18. it might be handy if you, the master of unlocking, take it with you

dont worry i have THIS (holds up AR-15 and accidentally pulls the trigger shooting a hole in the ceiling)

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

a guy who punches a door for not opening? sounds like he should own a gun or two

you knife the locks to save ammo

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

imagine a world without zinc

I can't... I won't...!

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Ever since they made a little thing called Gundam: Mobile Suit being too into guns is obsolete.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

They would be praising Kyle Rittenhouse if he was an ally and that's the actual hosed up part

Does anyone talk about/glorify Michael Reinoehl? That's probably a good analogue. I genuinely don't know what people think of his situation today of if he's even in anyone's conciousness anymore.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

pentyne posted:

lol, can't believe anyone would ever criticize cyrano

Even the baby blowjob post

I mean, the word came down, the matter is resolved.

PCOS Bill was one of the something sensitive mods, iirc.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

Does anyone talk about/glorify Michael Reinoehl? That's probably a good analogue. I genuinely don't know what people think of his situation today of if he's even in anyone's conciousness anymore.

fwiw, I didnt recognize the name at all.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mr. Nice! posted:

PCOS Bill was one of the something sensitive mods, iirc.

He was the admin

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
The advantage of lockpicks is if they aren’t working, you can put all the pick pieces down the shotgun tube and fire a broadside into any door giving you guff.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Seeing a post from a brigading troll pissbaby and firing my twin revolvers into the ground, lifting myself into the air

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I am going to shoot America with a gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

sure, you all scoff now but see whos laughing when your neighbours tree is dropping apples into your yard and you dont have a BFG9000 handy to frag his rear end