Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Edmonton Dynamite airing right before the Oilers/Canucks game 1 is pretty bad luck so I expect if they tape ROH it'll be a ghost town since everyone probably is gonna leave to catch the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Edmonton Dynamite airing right before the Oilers/Canucks game 1 is pretty bad luck so I expect if they tape ROH it'll be a ghost town since everyone probably is gonna leave to catch the game

Yeah, nobody's gonna give a poo poo in that market lmao

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
An AEW Collision in front of a dead Vancouver wrestling crowd in an arena way, way too large for it sounds like the funniest thing on earth

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

TheSwizzler posted:

An AEW Collision in front of a dead Vancouver wrestling crowd in an arena way, way too large for it sounds like the funniest thing on earth

Jericho with a McDavid/Draisaitl jersey would be pretty good heat though

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
jericho shoould wear a mcdonalds uniform

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Vancouver attendance is good (5000+) and it's an off night for the series so it should be a good crowd. At least I'll be cheering!

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Tato posted:

I'm more intrigued on what this week's random audio issue will be.

Folks asking if the crowd is dead because they're so poorly mic'ed?

TBS choosing to broadcast the audio from what's airing on TNT instead?

All Chris Jericho dialogue being replaced with a fart noise?

The one time TNT broadcasted basketball audio on top of dynamite was wild

E: for like 5 minutes iirc

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The Taxman posted:

It was during Ethan Page's debut singles match and it was the funniest loving thing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Taxman posted:

Iconic Moments in AEW History

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

For the record, my bet is we'll get the rewind scrubbing sound, it's been happening a lot lately!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
With AEW probably smack in the middle of the most important series of shows in the company's history, the vital shows that will help seal their fate with a new tv contact that will literally make or break the company, I am excited to see all my favorites wrestle tonight.

I cannot wait until tonight to see the Young Bucks, Jack Perry, Okada, Will Ospreay, Bryan Danielson, Mox, Jay White, Takeshita, FTR, Toni Storm, HOOK, Hangman, Claudio, and Joe all prove that AEW really is where the best wrestle!

Maybe even Eddie Kingston will be there! People love him and I think he still works there. And I'm sure Adam Cole will be there since he returned and was walking at the ppv, lemme see... going on 3 weeks ago.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

With AEW probably smack in the middle of the most important series of shows in the company's history, the vital shows that will help seal their fate with a new tv contact that will literally make or break the company, I am excited to see all my favorites wrestle tonight.

I cannot wait until tonight to see the Young Bucks, Jack Perry, Okada, Will Ospreay, Bryan Danielson, Mox, Jay White, Takeshita, FTR, Toni Storm, HOOK, Hangman, Claudio, and Joe all prove that AEW really is where the best wrestle!

Maybe even Eddie Kingston will be there! People love him and I think he still works there. And I'm sure Adam Cole will be there since he returned and was walking at the ppv, lemme see... going on 3 weeks ago.

Why exactly do you believe that these shows are what will decide whether or not AEW gets a new deal?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

1glitch0 posted:

Did Glitch forget to mention the world champion in thus post because it would defeat his point or because he's a racist?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pylons posted:

Why exactly do you believe that these shows are what will decide whether or not AEW gets a new deal?

I would think you'd want really strong ratings when you're negotiating with your tv partner for a new television deal. But maybe ratings don't matter to them, which would make sense of why Tony wouldn't be having all the stars i mentioned in my post on the show.

Having a squash match and a match featuring Harley Cameron as 2 out of the 4 announced matches for your flagship show must be good enough!

MJeff posted:

Did Glitch forget to mention the world champion in thus post because it would defeat his point or because he's a racist?

Maybe because he's actually on the show! Not wrestling, of course.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

1glitch0 posted:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

1glitch0 posted:

Maybe because he's actually on the show! Not wrestling, of course.

So, both?

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Not naming noted draws in the female demo Best Friends either...suspicious

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Also didn't name Mone when she actually won't be on the show..... 🤔

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Get outta here with this offbrand Funko-rear end poo poo

https://twitter.com/youtooz/status/1788266091313041465?t=kugZ-KaZD2NmBNkzJgRIUw&s=19

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
If it’s anything like the AEW figures, I’m sure the first wave of figures will feature all the hottest wrestlers from 2021 AEW

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Looks like MJF, Toni, Orange, and...Shida maybe?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Tony couldnt even score a FunkPop contract :( can't wait for the Daily's Place Megabloks set

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

post hole digger posted:

Tony couldnt even score a FunkPop contract :( can't wait for the Daily's Place Megabloks set

WWE supposedly has an exclusive contract with Funko. No other wrestling companies allowed.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

post hole digger posted:

AEW-branded Go-Bots

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Tony really should lean on Kidani to get AEW Nendodroids since they actually look good unlike Funko Pops

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

get me a nendodroid of mox hitting the blunt

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Tony really should lean on Kidani to get AEW Nendodroids

you're just making poo poo up. those aren't words

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Tony really should lean on Kidani to get AEW Nendodroids since they actually look good unlike Funko Pops

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

I agree. Timeless Toni is a Funko Pop-level act.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

The Taxman posted:

For the record, my bet is we'll get the rewind scrubbing sound, it's been happening a lot lately!

Fuckin' a, I called it

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

The Taxman posted:

lol yep

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you had one job

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

1glitch0 posted:

lmao

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Taxman posted:

:rubby:

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

STING 64 posted:

you had one job

Edmonton is not Calgary, my friend

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Sandman from ECW posted:

Edmonton is not Calgary, my friend

oh, now you're gonna say chris jericho is wrong? you know he's from CANADA, right? maybe you should spend some more time under the learning tree.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

There really is a lot I could learn from The Learning Tree Chris Jericho. I bet he could even teach me how to be 7 feet tall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Maybe Mone is only able to be charismatic when eating hot wings? I dunno, I didn't watch hot ones but I heard it was so impressive it made hollywood come calling