Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

threatening me with a good time, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pink Mist
Sep 28, 2021

In Training posted:

lol there are people out there right now paying their rent or mortgage with a wage they collect for being a "prompt engineer"

the only problem with this is that it isn’t ubi instead, bullshit jobs are just a fig leaf

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

bank death??

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

bank death!

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Orvin posted:

Jesus, makes the Midwest $15ish cents/kWh seem drat near free. Add in abundant water, and why the hell do people live on the West coast again?

I never need to think about the weather

thalweg
Aug 26, 2019

california mfs be breathing in wildfire smoke for 6 months out of the year and then go "at least it's a dry heat"

Joey Steel
Jul 24, 2019

thalweg posted:

california mfs be breathing in wildfire smoke for 6 months out of the year and then go "at least it's a dry heat"

It's actually been really wet and rainy here in SoCal. Everything is really green, except the mountain tops, which still have a bit of snow.

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

https://futurism.com/the-byte/nasa-contractor-warns-boeing-valves

quote:

A NASA contractor is urging the space agency to suspend the upcoming Boeing Starliner launch over major safety concerns with the aerospace company's wares.
In a press release, the president of ValveTech, a NASA contractor that supplies the agency with parts, warned that the buzzing sound heard during the now-scrubbed Starliner launch could indicate something seriously wrong with the transport capsule.
"As a valued NASA partner and as valve experts, we strongly urge them not to attempt a second launch due to the risk of a disaster occurring on the launchpad," ValveTech president Erin Faville cautioned. "According to media reports, a buzzing sound indicating the leaking valve was noticed by someone walking by the Starliner minutes before launch. This sound could indicate that the valve has passed its lifecycle."
After the incident, which occurred just before Starliner was supposed to attempt its first crewed launch earlier in May, NASA has said that it won't try again until at least May 17. According to Faville, much needs to be be done between now and then to head off the worst possible outcomes.
"NASA needs to re-double safety checks and re-examine safety protocols," he said, "to make sure the Starliner is safe before something catastrophic happens to the astronauts and to the people on the ground."

RIP that guy

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

FED'S DALY: No more sunrises until the streets run red with the blood of the unemployed.

https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1788640909107609872?t=QWWOENPAq8muoLl-ADE3_Q&s=19

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Father Wendigo posted:

FED'S DALY: No more sunrises until the streets run red with the blood of the unemployed.

https://twitter.com/financialjuice/status/1788640909107609872?t=QWWOENPAq8muoLl-ADE3_Q&s=19

"falters" jfc

how many normal people die when the labor market falters

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

all they know how to do is punish labor so yes they will continue doing that

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Father Wendigo posted:

Thankfully for the economy and all of us workers the figures and graphs informing this idiot bitch rear end in a top hat brain genius are all accurate and trustworthy and do not give an incorrect view of things by targeting a narrative first and literally nothing else second.

Thank god our entire economy is ruled by a small group of these learned and astute academic professionals who can make expert decisions based on the right data at the right times.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Mandel Brotset posted:

yeah AI bubble we’re in right now is basically stealing other people’s work and not citing it

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Caught a major Costco Shrinkflation today.

They were both 22.99

Package on the right was bought november 2022. Bought the package on the left today.

That's a 13% change.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

silicone thrills posted:

They were both 22.99

Package on the right was bought november 2022. Bought the package on the left today.

That's a 13% change.

that’s platinum plus. you don’t need as much to do the same work (the “plus” is good).

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Platinum Plus was the name of a strip club that shut down in Memphis in like 2005 and ill never be able to unassociate that.

anyway its the same drat juice in the pod.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

silicone thrills posted:

Platinum Plus was the name of a strip club that shut down in Memphis in like 2005 and ill never be able to unassociate that.

anyway its the same drat juice in the pod.

🤔 My dishwasher tablet doesn't have any strip club juice in it. What have I been paying for all this time?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

silicone thrills posted:

They were both 22.99

That's a 13% change.
$51.63 is what i paid for 5 lbs of ON whey on nov 2021

$83.53 is the price today

62% price increase in a little over 2 years

edit: $39.80 on june 2020 so 110% price increase in 4 years :pwn:

comedyblissoption has issued a correction as of 22:58 on May 9, 2024

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Mandel Brotset posted:

yeah AI bubble we’re in right now is basically stealing other people’s work and not citing it

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

euphronius posted:

prices aren’t going down !! that’s not what less inflation means !!!

ahhhhhhh!!!! ahhhhh
a very smart, very experienced labor attorney has been arguing with me for months that lower inflation means prices get lower

i hate him

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Mandel Brotset posted:

grand theft autocorrect

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

anime was right posted:

grand theft autocorrect

https://github.com/ianpmaher/gta

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

anime was right posted:

grand theft autocorrect

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

silicone thrills posted:

They were both 22.99

That's a 13% change.

the shrinkflation poo poo pisses me off so much, is any of this factored into inflation estimates?

i never used pods, but did switch from liquid to a box of cascade powder for like 6 bux instead after i watched duder on technology connections ramble about dishwashers. i also use way way less than 'recommended', so that box has lasted well over a year. i also switched to cheaper coffee, and only buy those thin and cheap commercial paper towels in bulk, and just keep eliminating more and more stuff. but then there are things i cant avoid like laundry detergent that just keep getting smaller and it makes me so mad

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

thats not candy posted:

but then there are things i cant avoid like laundry detergent that just keep getting smaller and it makes me so mad

:eng101: some of the old girls turned me on to laundry sheets & smaller is better than a bigass plastic jug of detergent.

I haven't done a H2H cost comparison but I'm a cheap poor & I can't see them costing me more than the plastic jugs, all told.

eta: These are the ones I recently bought for $8.

Willa Rogers has issued a correction as of 00:03 on May 10, 2024

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

eat the pods

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Laundry sheets are win.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

What did the dishwasher video man say about pods for that? Was it the one in which he says to put liquid in the prewash compartment or something else?

Rectal Death Alert
Apr 2, 2021

Willa Rogers posted:

What did the dishwasher video man say about pods for that? Was it the one in which he says to put liquid in the prewash compartment or something else?

eat them

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

great opportunity for any computer toucher

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

I have a dishwasher but since I've never used one, and have plenty of time, I just store my fire extinguisher in it and a big wok that is bothersome to store in the cabinets.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

yeah I’m a prompt engineer. my trains are always on time.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

I used chat gpt today to make a cover letter

A bullshit solution to a bullshit issue

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

:eng101: some of the old girls turned me on to laundry sheets & smaller is better than a bigass plastic jug of detergent.

I haven't done a H2H cost comparison but I'm a cheap poor & I can't see them costing me more than the plastic jugs, all told.

I think I paid $25 for a tub of 80 pods sometime last year, gonna try these out next.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

the popes toes posted:

I have a dishwasher but since I've never used one, and have plenty of time, I just store my fire extinguisher in it and a big wok that is bothersome to store in the cabinets.

I make this loving machine do all my dishes with the greatest prejudice

perform labor, machine; do my bidding

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Willa Rogers posted:

I use biokleen unscented powder for the laundry. I'm loving drat near allergic to everything and my skin is super sensitive and its one of the few things that doesnt bother me at all. the value is insanely good too which rules. Takes me a solid year to go through a single bag/box.

And woolballs in the laundry for drying faster and destaticking.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Business Gorillas posted:

I used chat gpt today to make a cover letter

This is stealing from the company you applied to and you should be in jail

However it's fine for the company to AI a reply to your application. That's allowed.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I will not eat the pods

I will not sleep in the bug

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

silicone thrills posted:

They were both 22.99

That's a 13% change.

Oh yeah, p$g is really great with shrinkflation especially at Costco.l

Buyers would really push back before and probably switch to an alternative but as we all know Costco is going to poo poo now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Willa Rogers posted:

yeah he has two, one where he talks about pods and liquids and powders and rinseaids
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rBO8neWw04

and then another where he talks about how much you should use and that you don't need nearly as much as the box says. i use even less than he shows
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll6-eGDpimU

pods are only good for eating