Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

mystery egg can give you a 0 mana copy of product 9 :shepicide:

e : and hunter secrets can save the egg and/or product 9 too, especially in Wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Subject 9 is a draw 5 for 5 with a 4/4 body. It's a great deal in the right decks. Product 9 only suffers from being Hunter and not Neutral.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Product 9 also can recast mage secrets if you played observer of mysteries

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Shabadu posted:

Zarimi is right there and is a tier 2, arguably t1 deck. Better than some classes

Control as an archetype is kept down by warrior's inevitability and its unmatched late game value. Wheel of death was a better, faster more inevitable wincon but that deck getting dumpstered is actually what pushed warrior into the place that keeps every other control deck out. You might be able to do a similar thing as Wheel if we still had rivendare...

Zarimi Priest isn’t fun to play. It’s mindlessly throwing down creatures and hoping you don’t get wiped, which is even worse now because the nerf means you don’t have access to tempo zarimi plays where you just want the card/ramp/board instead of a finisher kill.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Product 9 also can recast mage secrets if you played observer of mysteries

They still need to trigger, not that it is too difficult though.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

orangelex44 posted:

Zarimi Priest isn’t fun to play. It’s mindlessly throwing down creatures and hoping you don’t get wiped, which is even worse now because the nerf means you don’t have access to tempo zarimi plays where you just want the card/ramp/board instead of a finisher kill.

Hard disagree. Just had an amazing escape vs zoo hunter where a generated Krush kept me alive just long enough for a Zarimi double to generate enough taunts to stabilise. I am a former arena sicko though so I love throwing minions into minions to keep a board together.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

Is flare in standard these days?

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

avantgardener posted:

Is flare in standard these days?

Nope

There’s actually no anti-Secret tech in Standard right now; Eater of Secrets rotated.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

bravesword posted:

Nope

There’s actually no anti-Secret tech in Standard right now; Eater of Secrets rotated.

wtf

standard is so weird

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
The new warrior common "Part Scrapper" is just ridiculous.

2-cost -- "Lose up to 5 armor, your next mech costs this much less"

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

turn 1 Frequency oscillator
turn 2 Safety Goggles, Part Scrapper
turn 3 0-mana Testing dummy, coin, Boom Wrench

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 9, 2024

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.

Excelzior posted:

turn 1 Frequency oscillator
turn 2 Safety Goggles, Part Scrapper
turn 3 0-mana Testing dummy, coin, Boom Wrench

As long as it doesn't make highlander warrior any stronger, I don't mind it.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Desert Bus posted:

wtf

standard is so weird

Secrets aren't exactly strong at the moment, and it's very possible anti-secret tech will be in the mini-set if they think the secret package is strong enough to require it.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

orangelex44 posted:

Sloppy posted:

They overshot bad on the Zarimi nerf, I don't think he's been online once in aggro priest for me since the nerf (in like 30 games). Going to cut him, not sure what for yet though.

According to the new data reaper report, Zarimi priest is the strongest deck in the game right now. You need to run Clay Matriarch after the nerfs, but that's all that it needs.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Priest gets a 4 mana 2 durability location that gives you a 1 mana 1/1 copy of an enemy minion (Reno priest stealing Brann from the warriors?)

Oh that's neat. More/easier options to steal 2 key cards? Yes, please.
Duplicating it (Tho'grun or Ox) with Powerchord: Synchronize? Hohoho, yeaaaah!

I have been harassing Warriors for a while now with this deck.
Just had another one concede after I stole their Brann first and then their Tho'grun, then swapping my deck with a copy of theirs and shuflling 6 bombs into their deck a bit later.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/dKQLVF5Ks5pDXwH2v3CoAZ

Some variation of this works surprisingly often.
Tony is plan B if you can't rat their key cards out.

Deals with basically all the big Warrior wincons - neutralize the bombs with Tony, Reno or, preferably, Aman'thul the Zilliaxes, so you have Reno for the Azerite Ox.
If you had to Tony, there's a solid chance to get another Reno if yours was still in the deck.

### Reno
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Pegasus
#
# 1x (1) Crimson Clergy
# 1x (1) Deafen
# 1x (1) Fan Club
# 1x (2) Creation Protocol
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (2) Power Chord: Synchronize
# 1x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 1x (2) Twilight Torrent
# 1x (2) Watcher of the Sun
# 1x (3) Benevolent Banker
# 1x (3) Holy Nova
# 1x (3) Love Everlasting
# 1x (3) Pendant of Earth
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (3) Shadow Chord: Distort
# 1x (4) E.T.C., Band Manager
# 1x (2) Dirty Rat
# 1x (3) Rustrot Viper
# 1x (7) Tony, King of Piracy
# 1x (4) Fight Over Me
# 1x (4) Glowstone Gyreworm
# 1x (4) Ignis, the Eternal Flame
# 1x (4) Invasive Shadeleaf
# 1x (5) Shadow Word: Steal
# 1x (6) Gnomelia, S.A.F.E. Pilot
# 1x (6) Harmonic Pop
# 1x (6) Lightbomb
# 1x (6) Ra-den
# 1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000
# 1x (0) Zilliax Deluxe 3000
# 1x (1) Recursive Module
# 1x (5) Perfect Module
# 1x (7) Aman'Thul
# 1x (8) Elise, Badlands Savior
# 1x (9) Reno, Lone Ranger
# 1x (9) Yogg-Saron, Unleashed
#
AAECAdG+BR6i6AOtigSEnwSGpAX+wQW7xAW/xAX9xAXPxgW7xwWt7QXP9gXt9wX7+AWv/wXJgAbYgQaLlQaplQbDnAblnAajnQbNngbRngaYoAaaoAbHpAavqAbZsAbh6wYAAAEGzdAF/cQFzZ4G/cQF0Z4G/cQF8LMGx6QG97MGx6QG6N4Gx6QGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

ferroque posted:

According to the new data reaper report, Zarimi priest is the strongest deck in the game right now. You need to run Clay Matriarch after the nerfs, but that's all that it needs.

It can be strong and still be boring.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Going to make a bomb warrior wild deck with ALL THE BOMBS. Don't care if it'll be bad, just BOMBS.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I dont like the counter-synergy they have with boomboss

its really dumb

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Forgot this could be a thing...

47 minute, 32 turn long Priest vs Priest clowncar match.
(I know, no one is going to watch that, but I'm posting it anyway).

Multiple Avianas, rampant card stealing, Kurtus Gunslingering on both sides, deck swapping Tonys... and one clutch Reska topdeck in the end to steal his Ra-den, who undoubtedly would have spawned a menagerie of unpleasant things.

People hate on Priest, but this was a fun and interesting game.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
what decks are people finding effective right now? it might just be me playing on mobile for once and not enjoying the UI but I genuinely have gone 1-8 today across a bunch of different decks and I'm not sure what the gently caress happened in the week or so I took off from the game

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Reno Warrior, Zarimi Priest, Token Paladin, Token Hunter, and Sludge and/or Insanity Warlock are the premier decks right now. But bear in mind that the miniset comes out in two days, and will likely bring with it a few balance changes.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I'm going to use Dorian to play Goldbeard OTK rogue

it's going to be stupid

basically 28 cycle/draw/removal cards, puppetmaster dorian, goldbeard

the combo is dorian on 4, then Dig for Treasure (guaranteed goldbeard+coin)
turn 5 coin, 1 mana goldbeard, 5 mana goldbeard (infinitely repeating, OTK)

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 14:17 on May 13, 2024

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They should bump Zarimi dragon requirement up to 12, this is a card that shouldn’t be able to exist

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.
I'm doing okay in low diamond with Shopper/mech demon hunter

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Excelzior posted:

it's going to be stupid

Love it. Maybe add Minstrel, that's been clutch for the weapon rogue builds that just try to cycle and tutor.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Brann to 8, Saddle Up to 4

Next month’s Twist is a weird one; it’s preconstructed decks with unique hero powers and Duels-esque treasures, but the decks are unlocked by having certain specific legendary cards in your collection. It sounds like a fun diversion but it seems like we’re getting a little far afield from the original pitch for Twist.

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021
Hearthstone devs still unable to nerf poo poo other way than "drag it behind the barn" because anything else would require actual effort. Not going to cry for Brann but drat, it is lazy.

blitzkreig.bmp
Aug 7, 2008

Rottin' and Rollin'

Excelzior posted:

it's going to be stupid

Don't forget the replicator inator can combo naturally on turn 10 with goldbeard

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Why are we hitting cards that aren't even in the best decks right now

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

ferroque posted:

because that's what reddit was whining most, like literally over the half of all posts lately was "waaah waaaah nerf brann".

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

No matter what you think of Brann, he will continue to be a problem for the next year. I’m fine with Brann getting nerfed until basically a niche piece in a combo deck.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

lmao they keep leaking their own lovely nerfs

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist

ferroque posted:

People always make this argument and it’s always a bad one

The fact of the matter is that broken decks almost always see a dip in their winrate, but it tends to be because of three reasons that don’t have anything to do with the power level of its cards: a) People get sick of losing to it and switch decks; b) people start heavily teching against it; c) lower-skill players see which way the wind is blowing and start playing it. You saw the same thing with Shopper DH, but Shopper DH didn’t magically become a less overpowered deck just because everyone was playing Glacial Shard x2.

In this case, Reno Warrior had successfully whittled down the format into two classes of decks: Itself, and decks that could successfully go under it. It had effectively strangled all midrange and control decks. That’s not healthy format. A balancing philosophy in which one deck is killed so five more have a chance to succeed is a reasonable one, in my mind.

Now, whether Blizzard actually achieved that is another story entirely. Their track record over the past year has not been good, and they’ve been poor at identifying root causes and real format bottlenecks in favor of addressing whatever Reddit whines about this week. But “Reno Warrior isn’t even the best deck anymore!” is a weak, weak argument.

bravesword fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 13, 2024

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

[Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where The Headless Horseman unfroze upon drawing Horseman’s Head (finding your head is nice, but your body’s still on ice).

I didn't even think that was a bug :confused:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

ferroque posted:

yeah saddle up didn't 100% deserve it but hunters getting some good stuff in the mini-set at least

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

yeah saddle up didn't 100% deserve it but hunters getting some good stuff in the mini-set at least

Saddle up is by far one of the most bullshit cards in the game at the moment, possible ceiling being 24 mana worth of stats while also being immune to board clear.

Those of you poo-pooing these balance changes, what would you have preferred? I think I’d rather have seen Saddle Up go to 2 mana beasts instead of 3. Brann should double one battle cry a turn.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Excelzior posted:

[Hearthstone] Fixed a bug where The Headless Horseman unfroze upon drawing Horseman’s Head (finding your head is nice, but your body’s still on ice).

I didn't even think that was a bug :confused:

playing the hero card should unfreeze, but changing your hero power shouldn’t — see metamorphosis, justicar, etc

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Firebert posted:

They should bump Zarimi dragon requirement up to 12, this is a card that shouldn’t be able to exist

it's singlehandedly the only reason Priest is remotely playable though

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Not my problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Firebert posted:

playing the hero card should unfreeze, but changing your hero power shouldn’t — see metamorphosis, justicar, etc

but you're not upgrading your hero power, you're becoming a different hero - your portrait and emotes all change

in fact I would wager that's the reason it DID work - because that's how it's coded; as a Hero change. Now it's getting coded as a HP upgrade like Justicar, as you're saying

Excelzior fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 13, 2024