Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Saoshyant posted:

Haha, remember when Jubes was depowered, but not a vampire yet, and they had her join the New Warriors and she got cybernetic thingies that simulated her powers BUT BETTER??

And then no one ever mentioned them again?

I do! I even read that series but I cannot remember a single thing about it other than Jubilee was in it and it was written by the guy who wrote the Underworld movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

Haha, remember when Jubes was depowered, but not a vampire yet, and they had her join the New Warriors and she got cybernetic thingies that simulated her powers BUT BETTER??

And then no one ever mentioned them again?

That just comes with anything that happens in a New Warriors book, good or bad.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

:hmmyes:

Shogo just randomly being a dragon is pretty much the end of the character. Actually having to deal with raising a child is a pretty interesting source for stories! But as with everything related to the Howard Excalibur run Shogo being a dragon is better left forgotten.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

OnimaruXLR posted:

Spitfire is bound to show up to help spank her pain in the rear end son in this Avengers story, right? Come to think of it who are the canonical good guy vampires?

There are the Forgiven, who were introduced during Fear Itself and were the stars in a Tim Seeley book that came out relatively recently. I think they're your standard "we don't drink human blood" penitent vampires. I'd imagine they might actually be who Cap is talking about in this week's Avengers when he said he'd known vampires who didn't try to make their curse everyone else's problem.

I guess Hannibal King is still running around too.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

OnimaruXLR posted:

Spitfire is bound to show up to help spank her pain in the rear end son in this Avengers story, right? Come to think of it who are the canonical good guy vampires? There's her and the girl that was working with Moon Knight. Morbius doesn't count because he's a Living Vampire, as the comics code hath decreed acceptable

Soldier, another dude who was working with Moon Knight, is also currently a good vamp.

Wanderer posted:

There are the Forgiven, who were introduced during Fear Itself and were the stars in a Tim Seeley book that came out relatively recently. I think they're your standard "we don't drink human blood" penitent vampires. I'd imagine they might actually be who Cap is talking about in this week's Avengers when he said he'd known vampires who didn't try to make their curse everyone else's problem.

I guess Hannibal King is still running around too.

He could also be referring to Blade because I don't think many people know he's turned heel yet besides the main Avengers (whom Steve is not a part of currently), Doctor Strange, and maybe Miles Morales (who we saw very briefly in Blood Hunt but don't know the fate of).

I mean I'm sure now that Strange and Clea know they're gonna get all the superheroes in a big Zoom call and tell them what's up but that hasn't happened on panel yet...

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think the forgiven were completely dropped after the brief attempt at making them happen failed. they were boring and no one cared.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i think the forgiven were completely dropped after the brief attempt at making them happen failed. they were boring and no one cared.

The Unforgiven crossover was just last year, now that I'm looking it up. With the sliding timescale, that means Steve had a big team-up with penitent vampire superheroes last week.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SilverSupernova posted:

That just comes with anything that happens in a New Warriors book, good or bad.

Some day there will be justice for Jake Waffles.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I’m reading a collection of old X-Man comics. Storm gets turned into a vampire by Dracula, but is able to reverse the transformation through sheer force of will. Then she gets infected by a Brood egg, is totally physically transformed into a Brood, turns back through sheer force of will, merges with a baby space whale where her body is completely rebuilt without Brood infection and her soul inhabits the space whale body and can project itself into the physical realm to communicate with her friends, and then she’s bathed in the light of the eternal soul of the space whale priest before her soul is transported to her rebuilt body. And then, after all that, Dracula still has a psychic hold over her?

I’m sorry, but that simply stretches credulity.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That reminds me that Charles Xavier's original body out with a brood infection in a Shi'Ar freezer somewhere.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Rick posted:

That reminds me that Charles Xavier's original body out with a brood infection in a Shi'Ar freezer somewhere.

The Krakoa era started with Xavier in Phantomex’s body.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Gripweed posted:

I’m reading a collection of old X-Man comics. Storm gets turned into a vampire by Dracula, but is able to reverse the transformation through sheer force of will. Then she gets infected by a Brood egg, is totally physically transformed into a Brood, turns back through sheer force of will, merges with a baby space whale where her body is completely rebuilt without Brood infection and her soul inhabits the space whale body and can project itself into the physical realm to communicate with her friends, and then she’s bathed in the light of the eternal soul of the space whale priest before her soul is transported to her rebuilt body. And then, after all that, Dracula still has a psychic hold over her?

I’m sorry, but that simply stretches credulity.

Marvel Comics Megathread: I'm sorry, but that simply stretches credulity

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Spacebump posted:

The Krakoa era started with Xavier in Phantomex’s body.

God, I had forgotten that mess of a storyline entirely.

Well, he's been resurrected a couple of times since.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Grumbles posted:

Marvel Comics Megathread: I'm sorry, but that simply stretches credulity

Stretches Credulity sounds like a Southern gentleman version of Mr. Fantastic.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I got this collection of Venom comics, and it's got three issue of Darkhawk in it. I'd never really seen anything with Darkhawk in it before, but he really does look like poo poo. The metal parts are supposed to be shiny like chrome, it really looks terrible. What an awful superhero.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

God, I had forgotten that mess of a storyline entirely.

Well, he's been resurrected a couple of times since.

the very first thing that happens in X-Force is Xavier being assassinated to get him out of the Fantomex body lol

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Gripweed posted:

I got this collection of Venom comics, and it's got three issue of Darkhawk in it. I'd never really seen anything with Darkhawk in it before, but he really does look like poo poo. The metal parts are supposed to be shiny like chrome, it really looks terrible. What an awful superhero.

Hey.

Shut up.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Gripweed posted:

How did your takes get even worse since I last posted here regularly?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

oh great, here some the toxic Darkhawk bros

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gripweed posted:

oh great, here some the toxic Darkhawk bros

The important thing to learn from being the Mayor of Wrongtown is you don't have to run for reelection.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

It's like a costume a child made with stuff around the house in a hurry. Black pants and shirt, cut a cereal box into shoulder pads and helmet and cover them in aluminum foil, you have produced an accurate Darkhawk costume.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alaois posted:

the very first thing that happens in X-Force is Xavier being assassinated to get him out of the Fantomex body lol

I think part of that was to show they had a backup psychic for the resurrection protocols, because I remember when it was first revealed to readers a lot of people (myself included) basically thought "what if they kill Xavier." But of course Hickman thought of that.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Gripweed posted:

It's like a costume a child made with stuff around the house in a hurry. Black pants and shirt, cut a cereal box into shoulder pads and helmet and cover them in aluminum foil, you have produced an accurate Darkhawk costume.

Feature not bug.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The costume is definitely not the first thing I would make fun of with DarCock.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

OK I shouldn't have made fun of Darkhawk. Because later on Venom teams up with The Mace. He's got a gun and a mace, and the gun can fire the mace but he's only got the one mace so every time he shoots it he has to make sure to go get it back or else he won't have a mace anymore.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Well yeah, he's called THE Mace, not Maces. The Mace Multitude. The Maniacal Many Maces. Million-Mace Man.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
"Hello, Marvel? Yeah, I have a character for you. His name is Two-Mace."

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ok yeah I definitely owe Darkhawk an apology. After tangling with The Mace, Venom meets Nightwatch. Hoo boy.

His real name is Kevin Trench. He reaches out to his uncle, Drake Trench, but Drake is mad about Kevin vanishing for years and says “A real Trench doesn’t abandon his family!”

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

We don't need Spawn, we have Nightwatch at home.

Brofessor Slayton
Jan 1, 2012

Inkspot posted:

"Hello, Marvel? Yeah, I have a character for you. His name is Two-Mace."

Harvey "Two-Mace" Dent.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Isn't there another guy from that era whose power is he rides a skateboard? And he is unexpectedly badass?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Gologle posted:

Isn't there another guy from that era whose power is he rides a skateboard? And he is unexpectedly badass?
One of the Teenage Negro Skateboard Thrashers, perhaps?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Someone post the Dwayne McDuffie memo.

E;fb

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Joking aside, you're thinking of Night Thrasher, the leader of the New Warriors, who has a tricked out skateboard and armour and is meant to be basically as smart as Iron Man.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Joking aside, you're thinking of Night Thrasher, the leader of the New Warriors, who has a tricked out skateboard and armour and is meant to be basically as smart as Iron Man.

He's not an inventor like Iron Man, I think he was more supposed to be like Batman in terms of intellect.

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Speaking of weird characters, I’m reading Denny O’Neil’s run on Daredevil which follows Frank Miller’s first run and uh…..there’s a villain (?) called Micah Synn who is….a descendant of some British dudes who were stranded in the African jungle and “devolved” into “primitives”? So he’s this super strong jungle man who manhandles women, including Foggy’s wife, but she likes it? And Matt Murdock is this guy’s lawyer for some reason? Wtf am I reading lmao?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Daredevil is Tarzan's lawyer?

Also when did Foggy get married?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Air Skwirl posted:

Also when did Foggy get married?

Foggy married Debbie around the time Elektra entered the picture. I forget when they divorced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ok, that collection of Venom comics showcased a lot of heroes I wasn't too impressed with, but at least it ended with Venom teaming up with a hero who looks extremely cool