Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
"Here is my license to operate a container ship . You'll see everything is in order."

"This is just a piece of paper that says 'I can crash into any bridge I want.'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
did they fix it yet

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Yes.

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker
Why are they using explosives? I thought we needed more bridge, not less.

moist banana bread
Dec 17, 2023

banana Jake!
Just replace it with one of those holo-bridges like in Halo?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Athas posted:

Why are they using explosives? I thought we needed more bridge, not less.

Bridges like bright lights and loud noises, so they're hoping if they make some nice loud and pretty explosions they might be able to tempt another bridge over to take the old bridges place.

It's one of those things that's pretty unlikely to work, but you always want to try anyway before going to all the hassle of bring a new bridge into this world.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Theyre destroying the bridge so that it can be replaced by an NFT of equal value.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

moist banana bread posted:

Just replace it with one of those holo-bridges like in Halo?

Giant trebuchets and nets on both sides to launch people across

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Breed some giant spiders and have them spin a hyper strong bridge that will also be able to catch errant ships and planes before they can damage the span.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

goatface posted:

Breed some giant spiders and have them spin a hyper strong bridge that will also be able to catch errant ships and planes before they can damage the span.
:hmmyes:
You wouldn't even have to pay them, they could just let them eat what ever they catch.

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker

Platystemon posted:

They’re destroying the bridge so that it can be replaced by an NFT of equal value.

If they want to destroy the bridge further, wouldn't it be easier to just crash more ships into it?

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Medullah posted:

scaled up hotwheels track with speed boosters and some ramps on both sides of the bay

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Medullah posted:

No one needs to get to Dundalk that badly

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Put them only on Dundalk's side so people can escape faster.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

FPzero posted:

Put them only on Dundalk's side so people can escape faster.

There is no escape, if you spend the night in Dundalk you are assigned a row house, a pt cruiser, and a wife named Ms. Rhonda who regularly uses the word suposably.

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Our infrastructure may be in shambles, but I thought we at least had laws against cruel and unusual punishment in this country

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

There is no escape, if you spend the night in Dundalk you are assigned a row house, a pt cruiser, and a wife named Ms. Rhonda who regularly uses the word suposably.

I may have no rights, but at least I don't have to live like that here in Atlanta.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
wait the dudes are still on the ship??? just chilling???? they didn't like, evacuate?

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
getting worried about the people who havent been able to swim back to mainland from the island side of the bridge

god please help me
Jul 9, 2018
I LOVE GIVING MY TAX MONEY AND MY PERSONAL INCOME TO UKRAINE, SLAVA

big dyke energy posted:

wait the dudes are still on the ship??? just chilling???? they didn't like, evacuate?

crashing a boat is like the awkwardness of having to wait by your crashed car after getting into an accident while waiting for the cops to show up, except much slower.

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

big dyke energy posted:

someone needs to keep watch over the sex arses

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
they have to take turns sucking the ships dick so it doesn't sink

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Has the bridge been rebuilt yet?

Thanks for being a jerk Brandon obama

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Edgemere/sparrows point is the exact same except that everyone pretends they're fancier despite being covered in black grime from the factories around what used to be the steel mill.

Also, I say bring back the streetcar service that used to cross the bay to the Point instead of a car bridge. Some of the old right of way and abutments are still around. we can just add a separate cargo car to carry the hazmat.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Yep, definitely a bridge on top of a ship.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

big dyke energy posted:

The crew accommodations on ships lake that I believe are generally pretty decent. Nothing luxury but people have spacious private rooms with en suite bathrooms, internet, plenty of storage, a chef preparing meals, full gyms, DVD libraries, etc.

Not the Four Seasons but also probably not your first apartment out of college.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
The state officials are saying that the new bridge will be completed by fall 2028. :allears:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

big dyke energy posted:

I doubt they are chilling. They are probably super pissed they get the job of taking care of a ship and it's cargo while having a bridge on it and not going anywhere indefinitely. I bet you some of the cre had this as their last trip before off time. Do we have any word if any progress has been made as far as power issues on the ship itself?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

istewart posted:

Our infrastructure may be in shambles, but I thought we at least had laws against cruel and unusual punishment in this country

by law the only car you can rent in america is a pt cruiser

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Three Olives posted:

The crew accommodations on ships lake that I believe are generally pretty decent. Nothing luxury but people have spacious private rooms with en suite bathrooms, internet, plenty of storage, a chef preparing meals, full gyms, DVD libraries, etc.

Not the Four Seasons but also probably not your first apartment out of college.

The ship's crew is as I understand it mostly from the Subcontinent, so a mix of indian, tamil, bangladeshi typical for Singapore who extensively recruit in those regions for migrant laborers, hundreds of thousands that the country relies on for all construction and maintenance work. (They have marginally less unethical practices than Dubai and the laborers retain their passports for example.) I stayed for a few years in Singapore's "Little India" district where all the migrant workers come to eat and drink on Sundays where they don't have to stay at their worksite dormitories. Let me tell you, the food there is just fantastic. Singapore is excruciatingly dull but so am I and one of the reasons I haven't left yet is I don't know if I'd be able to get an authentic 3am roti prata anywhere else in the English speaking world.

frumpykvetchbot fucked around with this message at 09:08 on May 10, 2024

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

You know what I want to see? Put Elon Musk in charge of rebuilding the bridge.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Have been to Singapores indian district as a tourist, can confirm food is good.

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
baldymore morehairland

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Keep the boat where it is and use it as pylon for the new bridge

Athas
Aug 6, 2007

fuck that joker

big dyke energy posted:

How would they leave when the bridge is out?

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

Athas posted:

How would they leave when the bridge is out?

If they took a close look at the cargo manifest, I bet they could find enough items from the different containers still on board to construct some form of landing pinnace.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
are sex arses buoyant?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

frumpykvetchbot posted:

are sex arses buoyant?

How do you think captain sully got all those people to safety?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

https://youtu.be/WoUqLK4glyE?si=nRiIkpYbCxdFxuF_

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

what is the difference between a sex arse and a lust bum, before I place my order