Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone tried this gyro meat? On sale so I was thinkin about it...

I tried it. It was mediocre. I tried all the cooking methods on the bag - both frying pan and microwave. If you've only ever had mediocre kebab its probably fine but if you live somewhere with good kebab it doesnt compare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
doner kebab can continually stay as restaurant food because it's actually literally physically impossible to make to restaurant quality at home. you need the relatively-large sized doner for the physics to work out

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I mean, I don't really expect it to be as good as something from a restaurant

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's gross and weirdly sweet

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
I spotted an item that I had long sought on my last trip to the 'co: the precooked frozen bacon, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich. It is an adequate low effort substitute for fast food trash, especially when combined with an air fryer & frozen hash brown patties.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Soul Dentist posted:

weirdly sweet

Ok that is definitely a turn off though

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I think I've returned one item ever to Costco. It was their aged balsamic vinegar because it was weirdly sweet.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Balsamic is supposed to be sweet, that stuff is goood

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Soul Dentist posted:

Ahem...

Soul Dentist posted:

weirdly sweet

Nope, too sweet for me. Balsamic is my favorite vinegar (besides apple cider for cooking purposes) and it was just too much.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Soul Dentist posted:

Balsamic, that stuff is goood

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I think I've returned one item ever to Costco. It was their aged balsamic vinegar because it was weirdly sweet.

100% that stuff is way too sweet. I've been struggling through it. I'm sticking to Colavita from now, it's one of the cheapest and good enough.

Soul Dentist posted:

It's bad. One time I bought a super-expensive "true" balsamic from Amazon, an $80 bottle aged 10 years with lobster seal and a billion Italian certifications, just to see, and it was the same kinda bogus grape syrup with no acidity.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

god I hate foods that are sweet for no good reason, then you look at the nutritional content and see it has 8g of added sugar in something that's ostensibly completely savory

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Zero VGS posted:

100% that stuff is way too sweet. I've been struggling through it. I'm sticking to Colavita from now, it's one of the cheapest and good enough.

It's bad. One time I bought a super-expensive "true" balsamic from Amazon, an $80 bottle aged 10 years with lobster seal and a billion Italian certifications, just to see, and it was the same kinda bogus grape syrup with no acidity.

I think you are just describing what happens when vinegar ages? That's literally what its supposed to taste like, the sweet syrupy flavor masks the acidity. Now, its good for your wallet that you prefer the cheaper balsamic, but that doesn't mean that its bad/wrong.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

silicone thrills posted:

I tried it. It was mediocre. I tried all the cooking methods on the bag - both frying pan and microwave. If you've only ever had mediocre kebab its probably fine but if you live somewhere with good kebab it doesnt compare.

It’s also not the same stuff in the deli case gyro packs. We always have veggies and such, so I thought I’d bypass the meal pack and just buy a sack of meat. Not good.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Zero VGS posted:

from Amazon

problem

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

silicone thrills posted:

My son likes the gyro meat, but he's two and also enjoys licking syrup off his fingers.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

I dunno how else I was supposed to get the authentic Italian real deal small batch import around here. Ah well, as I always say: you don't get what you pay for.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

The Midniter posted:

god I hate foods that are sweet for no good reason, then you look at the nutritional content and see it has 8g of added sugar in something that's ostensibly completely savory

I lost a lot of weight when we discovered a pretty pervasive allergy in our house and had to start making things from scratch and only buy base ingredients for things and i maintain that its because almost all the premade poo poo is chocked full of sugar. And the worst is when they add fake sugar for no reason. Stevia tastes like rear end. Monk fruit tastes like rear end. Aspartame runs through my rear end. Stop adding sugar to poo poo that doesnt need sugar!!!!!!

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK

MarcusSA posted:

Kirkland brand golf clubs??

Callaway branded, they have an irons and wedge set my friend has that is kirkland branded and I am not incredibly jealous or anything.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

I spotted an item that I had long sought on my last trip to the 'co: the precooked frozen bacon, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich. It is an adequate low effort substitute for fast food trash, especially when combined with an air fryer & frozen hash brown patties.

I've tried all the different frozen breakfast options at Costco, and for me the Mason Dixie cheddar biscuit sandwich is far and away the best.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The worst breakfast sandwich I’ve had was the one from Costco where instead of bread it’s just two slices of egg. A single thing of it made up 90% of your daily recommended cholesterol intake. Didn’t even taste good.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Vegetable posted:

The worst breakfast sandwich I’ve had was the one from Costco where instead of bread it’s just two slices of egg. A single thing of it made up 90% of your daily recommended cholesterol intake. Didn’t even taste good.

Yeah, that was the only one where I didn't even try to finish the box. I gave them away at work and nobody else liked it either.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I love the breakfast croissants - the cheese and ham ones. Eggs gently caress up my gut so its like the one breakfast item that comes prepackaged that i can have with out having to wing something into the compost. Its a nice little treat sometimes and they cook so nicely in the air fryer.

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I was gonna buy breakfast sandwiches on our last trip, but they only come in like 8 packs and I sure as hell can’t fit 3 of those boxes in the freezer with all the Costco meat we have

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Beer Gay So What posted:

Callaway branded, they have an irons and wedge set my friend has that is kirkland branded and I am not incredibly jealous or anything.

drat I am a terrible golfer but I would have absolutely gone and bought some Kirkland clubs lol.

iroc.dis
Mar 15, 2013
Friday afternoon Church visit. Bought 3 bottles of Kirkland vodka, a bottle of the margarita mix, fish oil pills, Kirkland Flonase, dishwasher pods, and impulse purchased this bag of raisin trail mix that is very delicious and will probably be gone before Sunday PBUC

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Having the last of the 15 year old Kirkland rum I bought a few months ago. Very delicious. Sad it's gone now.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
that Primal Kitchen buffalo sauce they have is extremely good.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
I just got denied a return for the first time ever. I bought one of those shrink wrapped hams and when I opened it it was super gross, like it had dried in the sun for three days. I threw it and the packaging away. Then I went and asked for a refund. The manager said I needed a picture or the package or even the ham itself before she'd approve a refund.

I politely said thank you and left rather than Karen my way into a refund, but it still stung :(

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

BigHead posted:

I just got denied a return for the first time ever. I bought one of those shrink wrapped hams and when I opened it it was super gross, like it had dried in the sun for three days. I threw it and the packaging away. Then I went and asked for a refund. The manager said I needed a picture or the package or even the ham itself before she'd approve a refund.

I politely said thank you and left rather than Karen my way into a refund, but it still stung :(

Uh, I'm not sure why you would think you'd get a refund by walking in there with nothing and asking for your money back. I mean, even the christmas tree people bring in the dead tree. :confused:

bizwank
Oct 4, 2002

Stopped by Costco today for a bag of limes cause it's daiquiri weather. Was pretty quiet for 6pm on a weekday, easy parking right where I like and no line for the self check-out. 10/10 would shop again.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Uh, I'm not sure why you would think you'd get a refund by walking in there with nothing and asking for your money back. I mean, even the christmas tree people bring in the dead tree. :confused:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Do any of your Costcos sell primal beef cuts from the meat department rather than just individual steaks?

I've only seen individual steaks at mine except for around Christmas so I don't want to waste a trip if they don't have that option during the year.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

bizwank posted:

Stopped by Costco today for a bag of limes cause it's daiquiri weather. Was pretty quiet for 6pm on a weekday, easy parking right where I like and no line for the self check-out. 10/10 would shop again.

I've been saying this. Friday evening Costco is goated for quiet shopping.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
maybe it's like a play counterplay sorta thing, where peeps expect friday evening to be hosed because it's the start of the weekend and therefore it's not hosed

or maybe peeps are doing actual things on friday evenings lol

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

bob dobbs is dead posted:

maybe it's like a play counterplay sorta thing, where peeps expect friday evening to be hosed because it's the start of the weekend and therefore it's not hosed

or maybe peeps are doing actual things on friday evenings lol

My hypothesis is that it's the right combo of, too late for old folks and young folks value that time for leisure.

Edit, and middle folks are too tired from the week and just want a drat break. They'll go on Saturday as part of weekend chores.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

Enos Cabell posted:

I've tried all the different frozen breakfast options at Costco, and for me the Mason Dixie cheddar biscuit sandwich is far and away the best.

spudler farms frozen beacon hash browns would like a word

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

I got a refund for not bringing in moldy bagels, they asked me to just bring the item next time even if it's gross.

What I'm saying is they'll make an exception if you're very good looking.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I got my money back on a Murphy bed and all I brought in was a video of me taking it to the dump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Zero VGS posted:

I got a refund for not bringing in moldy bagels, they asked me to just bring the item next time even if it's gross.

What I'm saying is they'll make an exception if you're very good looking.

I got a refund once after not bringing in moldy bagels too! I stand by my decision to throw the gross ham away. Gross trash ham is trash and not suitable for stinking up my car to bring in.