Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
he can't post, but lowtax successfully used a gun to protect his family from a violent abuser, so I guess that's another successful goon defensive gun use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Will they be doing anything about the guy who punched a 5 year old in the face and owns a bunch of guns

yeah he's getting a star

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Will they be doing anything about the guy who punched a 5 year old in the face and owns a bunch of guns

he got a day what more do you want?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Hands are tied.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

C'mon, he absolutely could have shot that kid! He's a model of self-restraint.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Albino Broccoli
Aug 5, 2022

Herstory Begins Now posted:

he can't post, but lowtax successfully used a gun to protect his family from a violent abuser, so I guess that's another successful goon defensive gun use

jesus christ lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Al! posted:

cspam is normal now im afraid

we're good for now, but your rear end is on notice

Al! posted:

all the imp zone style anime/runescape posting is aids but it remains pretty funny when theres goon stuff going on

i will shoot you. Striaght up.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you talking poo poo about osrs? try that in a small town.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

anime and runescape ftw

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Stux posted:

i stand by my truths

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

except for that one time lol

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Stux posted:

some goons will never know the joy of pinball

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Ive known quite a few gun people going through life and I think one of the most consistent things I heard (barring the occasional psycho that other gun people would actively poo poo-talk) was that actually having to use a gun on another human was their #1 nightmare scenario. Like, one would literally pray to God that he would never be in a situation where it was necessary. They also knew the odds of being the hero in a mass shooter scenario were basically zero, but most admitted they would still try even though theyd end up dead lol.

Kind of funny dredging up all those old memories and comparing them to the sanest gun forum on the internet.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Control Volume posted:

Ive known quite a few gun people going through life and I think one of the most consistent things I heard (barring the occasional psycho that other gun people would actively poo poo-talk) was that actually having to use a gun on another human was their #1 nightmare scenario. Like, one would literally pray to God that he would never be in a situation where it was necessary. They also knew the odds of being the hero in a mass shooter scenario were basically zero, but most admitted they would still try even though theyd end up dead lol.

Kind of funny dredging up all those old memories and comparing them to the sanest gun forum on the internet.

i don't really care about gun politics but gun posters must be destroyed

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

So secretly proud of himself too lmfao. 💯

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Al! posted:

except for that one time lol

lol :cheers:

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

he got 24 hour probation for it, problem solved no?

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

walking into a chuck-e-cheese with my open-carry rifle and "rooster" by alice in chains starts playing in my head

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Control Volume posted:

i have known multiple people who have gotten concealed carried licenses and they were all paranoid people who wanted to use their gun to kill someone and be treated as a hero over it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Joey McChrist posted:

walking into a chuck-e-cheese with my open-carry rifle and "rooster" by alice in chains starts playing in my head

Doing this but a video essay about the merits of Bluey at 2.5x speed playing in my head like a bau5.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
theres a big difference between someone who owns a few rifles and likes to go hunting or shoot at the range and someone who owns an AR15 a tool designed for killing human beings at least to me.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i have known multiple people who have gotten concealed carried licenses and they were all paranoid people who wanted to use their gun to kill someone and be treated as a hero over it.

Yea I've known people to out loud say poo poo like "I can't wait to catch someone R-wording or mugging or whatever" lol. These guys are chill and responsibile though, that's the first thing about owning a gun, the number one rule of gun club, is to be a chill and responsible and fully-formed human.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
There's a difference between people who see gun ownership as a right versus as a responsibility.

The TFR posters in question are so consumed with living in a world where the next genocide is barely being held back by legal firearm ownership they almost dismiss the idea of responsible gun ownership

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

true crime podcast in my airpod, ar-15 on my back. tommy need drinky.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Wormskull posted:

Yea I've known people to out loud say poo poo like "I can't wait to catch someone R-wording or mugging or whatever" lol. These guys are chill and responsibile though, that's the first thing about owning a gun, the number one rule of gun club, is to be a chill and responsible and fully-formed human.

lol i got so scared for a second that i was about to be put down

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
anyway whether its a leftist brigade or a right wing militia if you try to go against the military or the cops they will kill you with drones and tanks without ever leaving the office. topic locked

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Al! posted:

solitarity

lol

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

The last time I talked with a gun person IRL was before twitter/facebook gave everyone brain rot, so maybe theyre all psychos now.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

anyway whether its a leftist brigade or a right wing militia if you try to go against the military or the cops they will kill you with drones and tanks without ever leaving the office. topic locked

There's no threat of any attempt of anything, principled or otherwise, except probating people who rightly point out that you're a physically enormous baby who bought a steel pacifier. At least not yet, Arisen.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

reading this like death reciting the street sweeper rhyme from bill and ted

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

insane anime posted:

lol i got so scared for a second that i was about to be put down

Lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

There's no threat of any attempt of anything, principled or otherwise, except probating people who rightly point out that you're a physically enormous baby who bought a steel pacifier. At least not yet, Arisen.

lmfao dude

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
do NOT suck your gun like a pacifier

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
tfr is just full of standard-variety gun weirdos now instead of the really unpleasant ones like sky shark and ts smelliot

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
thinking ab the episode where niles gets into shooting because it's a fun activity that marty introduces him to and then ends up almost joining a militia.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

tfr is just full of standard-variety gun weirdos now instead of the really unpleasant ones like sky shark and ts smelliot

Hmmm, is there such a thing as a gun weirdo who doesn't disturb you to the core though. TFR can kiss my rear end.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I could of lived knowing about the Gun Nut Forum being near me if I was allowed to continue thinking it's just guys who collect and fantasize with each other about guns instead of anime figures. But it sounds far worse. Plus they took shots at my boy Mycophobia and that's simply not allowed.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol trying to shoot a tetris grandmaster smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/Yub0Ry9.mp4