Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Considering how mainstream the release was I was very happy with it once I finally watched it. I don’t want any backstory or deep dive into the how/why, but I do want more stories in that universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

New trailer for In A Violent Nature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwPbd1uOnRc

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Having it described itt as Gerry But With More Killing has me already sold.

On the other hand I still haven't even seen The House That Jack Built because "long rear end serial killer movie directed by Lars von Trier" is one of those things where I'm always like "uhhh maybe...next week".

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

dorium posted:

New trailer for In A Violent Nature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwPbd1uOnRc

Hype hype hype

The slasher is back baby!

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
The Breed, the schlock 2006 Wes Craven produced killer dog movie, is getting a remake lmao.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s gonna be called “Play Time’s Over”

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

It’s gonna be called “Play Time’s Over”

nah call it Crickets Revenge

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

CV 64 Fan posted:

The Breed, the schlock 2006 Wes Craven produced killer dog movie, is getting a remake lmao.

i'll watch that poo poo

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
I didn't need to see Joe Bob ride the Sybian.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Dragonshirt posted:

Lmao

Watched The Stone Tape, really liked it! Got some nice themes about control and misogyny.

Not sure what I think the actual truth of the room was, either a mindless emotion recording device, or actually capturing spirits (and possibly something thats not a spirit).

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I forgot that this paranormal investigator character is way too good for Death Spa. Feels like he should be in one of the Poltergeist movies. One of the better ones.

EDIT
and these scenes in the bowels of the gym feel like Freddy dream sequences.

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 11, 2024

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
This could definitely be a double feature with NoES 2 or 4.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i'll watch that poo poo

Just watched on Tubi (of course) and no way the poochies in the remake aren't going to be CGI.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Infinity Pool: I'm glad that the whole "maybe you were the clone all along" aspect of the story almost as a joke and instead focus on the real horror: Capitalism. Also, Mia Goth loving carries this movies.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Completely went under my radar that we're finally getting another Riddick :woop: https://variety.com/2024/film/news/vin-diesel-riddick-furya-production-august-1235993037/

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
so this is how I find out that the character's name is Richard B. Riddick

Dick Riddick

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Alhazred posted:

Infinity Pool: I'm glad that the whole "maybe you were the clone all along" aspect of the story almost as a joke and instead focus on the real horror: Capitalism. Also, Mia Goth loving carries this movies.

Her loving also carries X.

:downsrim:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Dragonshirt posted:

That was a kick rear end episode and Death Spa was the perfect dumb gore fest. He wasn’t joking about the hand in the blender going for a looooooooong time.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I have to watch the rest when it goes up on demand - I was losing my poo poo at the vibrating board segment and the movie kicked rear end from what I saw and had great music, but I was exhausted from work and fell asleep shortly after :cry:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Gonna post about this in the other thread, but I just watched An Ideal Host and it's loving sick.

Not one of those ones you want to spoil for people but it's really loving great.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

https://x.com/vincenzo_natali/status/1789319518960992330?s=46

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

None of that is what I want from a Jason show. Sorry Fuller.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
That sounds pretty good though. A Jason show should just be good and I'm not sure I trust that to happen 9 out of 10 times.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
i don't even really care which one it is at this point, i just want them to let Bryan Fuller finish telling a story for once

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I just wanted more Hannibal tbh but then again it got plenty enough episodes and the first half of the final season was already starting to get EHHHHHH

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

yeah same its kinda everything i DONT want tbh

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

ppl arent ready to accept that Hopkins is the 3rd best hannibal (Mads > Cox > Hopkins)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

i don't even really care which one it is at this point, i just want them to let Bryan Fuller finish telling a story for once

Hannibal has an ending, Will and Hannibal kiss

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I just wanted more Hannibal tbh but then again it got plenty enough episodes and the first half of the final season was already starting to get EHHHHHH

that was the best part

the show was at its weakest when it was just a slightly-above average police procedural

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Sorry I'm not saying I liked the monster of the week stuff, they had extended plot lines, but you're saying you actually liked that Lecter family bullshit??
At least someone did I guess.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Kvlt! posted:

ppl arent ready to accept that Hopkins is the 3rd best hannibal (Mads > Cox > Hopkins)
Honestly accepted that Mads > Hopkins a long time ago. Or at the very least, moving past who's "better", when I think Hannibal I think of Mads. He's usurped the role.
It helps (well, hurts) that I saw Red Dragon and Hannibal (the movie) as a kid before I saw Silence of the Lambs (as an adult), so my first impression of Hannibal wasn't the best.
By the time I saw Silence of the Lambs, while i did like it because it's undeniably a good movie...not only had every moment of it been deflated by pop cultural osmosis and 10000 things parodying it and being influenced by it, but I was already loving tired as hell of the FBI/police procedural thing (having already watched Mindhunter and the Hannibal show and all this other bullshit).

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 11, 2024

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Sorry I'm not saying I liked the monster of the week stuff, they had extended plot lines, but you're saying you actually liked that Lecter family bullshit??
At least someone did I guess.

the hannibal estate stuff is like one and a half episodes, meanwhile everything with Verger, Gideon, du Maurier, etc. owns

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

the hannibal estate stuff is like one and a half episodes, meanwhile everything with Verger, Gideon, du Maurier, etc. owns
Ok yeah thats fair, that stuff rocked. All of the stupid Hannibal sister/mansion Will plotline stuff just felt so tedious to me that I'm remembering it as far longer than it really was.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Just got out of Abigail, really good poo poo, got a little convoluted in the final act though. If the movies keep progressing like this the next one is just going to be people exploding nonstop for two hours.

They should have dropped in someone else to play the dad though really missed a fun cameo moment. I have no idea who that guy was. And did anyone else see the statue of him wearing the big hat and think of Lazlos cursed hat in WWDitS?

Waiting to watch Tarot now.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Hannibal's MOTW stuff owned. Very strong Millenium season 1 stuff.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

a couple years ago CBS got the rights to Clarice but not Hannibal and made a weird-rear end procedural co-produced by the people who did both the good and bad recent Star Trek shows that was fun slop. it had weirdly decent politics too all things considered—a great trans character who recurred and Ardelia sued the FBI and DoJ for anti-Black discrimination lol

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
So Clarice was actually kinda worth the watch? Oh wow. Wouldn't have figured that.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

your mileage may vary but my fam enjoyed it, haha

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

TheMopeSquad posted:

Just got out of Abigail, really good poo poo, got a little convoluted in the final act though. If the movies keep progressing like this the next one is just going to be people exploding nonstop for two hours.

They should have dropped in someone else to play the dad though really missed a fun cameo moment. I have no idea who that guy was. And did anyone else see the statue of him wearing the big hat and think of Lazlos cursed hat in WWDitS?

Waiting to watch Tarot now.

I totally agree with the spoiler, it was weird having such a big impactful moment undermined with "I don't know who that is." I'm not expecting Bela Lugosi, but surely you could have get at least someone recognizable if you're gonna reveal Dracula. God, imagine they got Oldman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

CelticPredator posted:

I want those last two adjectives, funny and horrifying. Those other adjectives can absolutely gently caress off.