Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Imagine buying anything built by pissed off, methed up american wage slaves.
Those things are falling apart for a reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Carlos Lantana posted:

Imagine buying anything built by pissed off, methed up american wage slaves.
Those things are falling apart for a reason

I think they're falling apart for several reasons actually.

Another being the ket addicted moron constantly overruling engineers during the design process

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009
The fact that it rusts from rain and debris cracks me up. Imagine having one of those in frigging Melbourne or Sydney where it pisses down every other day.

What are they like 150+ grand AUD? You could get an electric Mercedes for less and it won't actively try to kill people while cutting your fingers off.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Would genuinely consider defacing one I saw on the street

I think the rule of not touching a car goes out the window when you need 4 parking spots at the shops

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I feel the same about those stupid yank tank pickups.

loving ridiculous things. And always driven by assholes.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I feel the same about those stupid yank tank pickups.

loving ridiculous things. And always driven by assholes.

Same, they look like cars specifically made for people who want to drive around in something that looks like an oversized toy car

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I always think about removing their valve stems. Did you know valve stem tools are extremely cheap and small?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Jestery posted:

Would genuinely consider defacing one I saw on the street
No need, fortunately they've been designed to deface themselves straight out of the shop.

The only reason I don't think any of them won't get stranded out in the desert somewhere is I honestly don't think any of them can stay driveable long enough to ever get to one.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
remember the magic rockceramic will shatter the windshield

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
The most amazing thing about the Musktruck is how they’re like we broke all the RULES man

And that means poo poo like putting the gearstick on the rear view mirror lmao

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Regular Wario posted:

remember the magic rockceramic will shatter the windshield

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Would these work?

Solid paint markers.

Way less conspicuous when stashed in a pencil case of art supplies unlike a paint can.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I mean if we are talking cybertruck, some lemon juice on a paintbrush might be enough and not look like graffiti

Or hell , a bucket of water

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Jestery posted:

I mean if we are talking cybertruck, some lemon juice on a paintbrush might be enough and not look like graffiti

Just recommend a trip down to the seaside and let nature take care of it

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

What a bunch of cunts to pull this poo poo on someone

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Jestery posted:

Just touch it a bunch of times, apparently it picks up fingerprint smudges really easily. Is really easy to notice when people unconsciously grab for where the door handle should be, before remembering that it’s an unmarked capacitive button halfway up the window frame that you can press when it’s wet

Tesla also recommend washing it every few days lol

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

On that subject, it's crazy to see random ads pop up on Marketplace offering to sell you demerit points, I assume it's the same scam. Highly illegal but I guess the coppas have better things to do than chase dodgy sellers on the internet.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Chrpno posted:

On that subject, it's crazy to see random ads pop up on Marketplace offering to sell you demerit points, I assume it's the same scam. Highly illegal but I guess the coppas have better things to do than chase dodgy sellers on the internet.

I’ve seen heaps of drugs being openly sold on marketplace so yeah I guess they’ve got better stuff to do

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

webmeister posted:

Tesla also recommend washing it every few days lol

Urg I see people who do that for normal ice cars already. One little bit of dust or smudge and go get a full deluxe wash and wax (and yes they are SUV/4WD's that have never seen dirt roads in their life).

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Inceltown posted:

After selling a whopping 4,000 Cybertrucks in the USA it looks like they're trying to gauge interest for them here.

lol get their asses mate

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Urg I see people who do that for normal ice cars already. One little bit of dust or smudge and go get a full deluxe wash and wax (and yes they are SUV/4WD's that have never seen dirt roads in their life).

The guys at the car wash give you a handy if you get a deluxe wash.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!
A tornado went through Bunbury this arvo!

https://www.facebook.com/perthweatherlive/videos/879398960580581/

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The sky turned out a bit of a banger this weekend. It'd suck to live somewhere with really poo poo weather so you can't see the sky though wouldn't it MelbourneSydney.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
pretty

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
drat, I'm in Victoria and I got none of that.

But looks like tonight is going to be it. The solar storm readings are literally off the charts.

https://www.sws.bom.gov.au/Aurora

Been wanting to see an aurora my entire goddamn life.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Inceltown posted:

The sky turned out a bit of a banger this weekend. It'd suck to live somewhere with really poo poo weather so you can't see the sky though wouldn't it MelbourneSydney.

Some of the photos from cloudy locations are still pretty cool.

quote:

The best time to see the aurora australis is between Saturday 10pm and Sunday 2am, from a dark spot with unobstructed views south.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...eme-solar-storm

Lolie fucked around with this message at 08:06 on May 11, 2024

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
I wonder if the bom space weather site is slow af due to high traffic or due to the solar storm

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Vladimir Poutine posted:

I wonder if the bom space weather site is slow af due to high traffic or due to the solar storm

Budget cuts

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

I wanted to do a steamed hams edit with Superintendent Chalmers saying "can I see the aurora" and Melbourne saying "no", but CBF

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chrpno posted:

I wanted to do a steamed hams edit with Superintendent Chalmers saying "can I see the aurora" and Melbourne saying "no", but CBF

You laugh now but when you're EMP'ed back to the stone age, we'll still be enjoying our coffees :smuggo:.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Lolie posted:

with unobstructed views south.

Pissing down rain. Yep.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Chrpno posted:

Friends of mine are driving down to Werribee on the chance they'll get to see it, optimal time will apparently be around 1am

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Adelaide feels like it's probably a stretch but I'm hanging out at the beach anyway, lovely clear night.

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
I really briefly saw it in Adelaide around half an hour ago but it’s gone now. It was just a really faint red glow on the southern horizon that I confirmed was Aurora when I took a long exposure photo. Looks like almost nothing to the naked eye. I’m heading down the Fleurieu Peninsula now to see if I can get a clearer view of the southern horizon away from light pollution

I think leaving the city is the only way to see it properly

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Vladimir Poutine posted:

I think leaving the city is the only way to see it properly

Yeah any amount of light pollution will make it really hard to see anything, the further south and the further away from the city the better

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Cloudflare has been playing up a bit these past few days

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
We're up high and have a good unobstructed view to the south but it encompasses most of eastern Melbourne so tonnes of light pollution

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'm going to wander down to the coast, shouldn't be any light pollution but it might be a bit cloudy.

Gotta work out how to take aurora photos on my old iPhone SE

edit

people are posting pics of it on the local facebook page so I guess it's go time

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

It’s pretty bright but really diffuse and only shows up as a green smear on the phone camera unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Nothing where I am, yet. I'm going to pop out every half hour until I see something.

edit: Aurora 30 minute forcast.

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/aurora-30-minute-forecast

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 11, 2024