Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

UnleashedDad posted:

Still very much like AEW. Disappointed in the DoN card but I'm already in Vegas for the Sphere so I might as well. But thinking about how we got from loving to liking AEW, the real downturn started when Tony started running ROH in tandem with AEW. It's just way too much for one man to handle. Add on another two hour show and losing guys to injury/brawls and he feels like he is just winging it lately. But it's kind of hard to gently caress up with all this talent when all you have to do is have them go out and wrestle. Plus it's not like wrestling doesn't ebb and flow naturally.

The WBD/NBA stuff is really giving me pause though. Zaslav is a loving moron and cable is obviously dying. I feel like AEW is gonna come out fine but there is that 5-10% chance poo poo goes south that I can't deny. If they have to spend 3 billion on C level NBA games where does that leave us.

they should have run DoN in the sphere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Tato posted:

The sad decline of AEW is quite similar to Universal just degrading into cart rides with a screen next to them. A boring train bobs up and down as MJF kangaroo kicks you in 3D.

aew like the fast and furious ride

ratings going fast and furious down the tubes and no one watches those screens either

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The Mario Kart ride at Universal looks like hot dogshit

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

NienNunb posted:

I didn’t like those days 😔

you should have picked a hero with a stronger spirit then.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I've heard the Mario ride is terrible but it sounds like the Donkey Kong ride will be some new first of its kind poo poo.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

post hole digger posted:

you can't run wrestling in the sphere idk who'd be tripping balls harder the crowd or the wrestlers

imagine putting someone like sandman in the sphere they'd never come back from where they'd end up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shard posted:

post brawl out and post all in were like the best posting this forums has ever seen.

This is part of why I can't imagine why anyone wants things to be going perfectly and without complaint. When poo poo goes south and is filled of drama is when the reactions are at its best :yeshaha:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

MJeff posted:

I've heard the Mario ride is terrible but it sounds like the Donkey Kong ride will be some new first of its kind poo poo.

fed cope

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

well mr gehrig the good news is that it is the first of its kind

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
WWE is gonna run the Sphere next year and we are gonna hear about how it is the greatest event ever cause it was just endless entrances

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
The worst and silliest AR effects but in the dome I can’t wait

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

UnleashedDad posted:

WWE is gonna run the Sphere next year and we are gonna hear about how it is the greatest event ever cause it was just endless entrances

it's gonna turn into one of those perpetual motion engines, one entrance feeding into another in an endless loop.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
Enormous Braun Strowman head coming to devour the entire audience

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Never thought I’d see the day where psp balked at the idea of the Dome Show smdh

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

NienNunb posted:

Never thought I’d see the day where psp balked at the idea of the Dome Show smdh

You've renamed Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

That DICK! posted:

i was at a wedding when news that fat phil had been fired dropped and i spent like 90% of the day on the periphery of the grounds, hunched over, hooting, hollering and posting

The closest comparison I can make to the absolute fever of posting around Phil being Phil would be that I was at a minor league baseball game when people who used to work on the Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden sequel all came out of the woodwork to say definitively that the project had been dead for years and was currently in the hands of a no talent grifter. Just shots flying everywhere, shitposts overtaking even the most stoic of true believers.

That's right, I'm saying CM Punk is the Barkley Shut Up and Jam Gaiden 2 of wrestling.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

That DICK! posted:

Black Bart McBeardy: YARR ME HEARTIES! I BE LOOKIN' FER A FINE CREW TO HELP ME FIND THE TREASURE OF DAVY JONES! I'S BE TELLIN' YE THE TALE...

mjeff: [arms folded] here we go. another 20 minute promo

rofl

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

That DICK! posted:

Black Bart McBeardy: YARR ME HEARTIES! I BE LOOKIN' FER A FINE CREW TO HELP ME FIND THE TREASURE OF DAVY JONES! I'S BE TELLIN' YE THE TALE...

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

That DICK! posted:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I miss fast Excalibur card rundowns :(

i liked the one where he ascended

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

post hole digger posted:

blocked by dolan :(

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Tony never capitalized on the meat matches. He has the best meat in the game.

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

magiccarpet posted:

Tony never capitalized on the meat matches. He has the best meat in the game.

Get PAC, Rush, and Big Bill together. 3 meaty, wet boys, slamming into each other. Sloppy Steaks High Stakes 3-Way Meat Match, winner gets Omaha Steaks for a year.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

NienNunb posted:

The Mario Kart ride at Universal looks like hot dogshit

I rode it yesterday at USJ and yeah it loving sucks lol

You can barely tell what’s going on because it’s just a clusterfuck of nonsense, and the AR view in the little headset they make you wear for the gimmick is absolutely tiny so it’s very obvious that you’re in a little buggy moving very slowly around a warehouse.

Extremely glad I wasn’t one of the suckers who queued up for 2 hours for that poo poo I’m one of the suckers who paid a bunch of money for express passes instead, but at least I didn’t have to stand in lines all day

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Goblin Queen posted:

Get PAC, Rush, and Big Bill together. 3 meaty, wet boys, slamming into each other. Sloppy Steaks High Stakes 3-Way Meat Match, winner gets Omaha Steaks for a year.

Yes. Endless, wet slapping sounds echoing around the arena.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I miss fast Excalibur card rundowns :(

That's different from WWE so it had to go

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

History Comes Inside! posted:

I rode it yesterday at USJ and yeah it loving sucks lol

You can barely tell what’s going on because it’s just a clusterfuck of nonsense, and the AR view in the little headset they make you wear for the gimmick is absolutely tiny so it’s very obvious that you’re in a little buggy moving very slowly around a warehouse.

Extremely glad I wasn’t one of the suckers who queued up for 2 hours for that poo poo I’m one of the suckers who paid a bunch of money for express passes instead, but at least I didn’t have to stand in lines all day

I gotta say something now that I've done Disney and Six Flags.

So Universal if you stay at one of their hotels or pay them a bunch extra money gives you the express pass which is just a priority line that usually but not always means you'll just walk right onto the ride. Cool. Great. Simple. Wonderful.

Six Flags and Disney meanwhile do this poo poo where you gotta go into the app and make a reservation then come back to the ride when it's time for that reservation and also for Disney you can only use it once per ride per day and some rides you can't use Genie+ you have to buy an "Individual Lightning Lane" and what the gently caress, man, I just wanna ride the loving coasters without standing in line not do a loving risk analysis dissertation.

Six Flags wound up being fine although there being three separate tiers of Flash Pass is ridiculous and the highest one is absurdly expensive. But Genie+ is a giant pain in the rear end. It really made me miss the express pass.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the fast pass has destroyed theme parks

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

There's like a two hour documentary on YouTube about how Disney hosed up the fast pass and it owns

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

its called south park. the cartman land episdoe.lines, lines, lines, lines!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Critical posted:

There's like a two hour documentary on YouTube about how Disney hosed up the fast pass and it owns

defunctland ftw

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010
My sister took my nephews to disneyworld and the amount of research and strategy and MONEY to just have two stressed out overheated kids standing in lines is loving insane. gently caress that

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hate that Defunctland watched one or two Jon Bois documentaries and decided he should make one long video every year and half (only one of which have been worth it imo).

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The fast pass episode was his peak and he's lost the fire. The Epcot thing was so bad. Get back to season 3.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Defunctland barely gets in the ring but still gets God pops every time. He's everything MJF wanted to be

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah the Fastpass documentary is goated but come on man can you just give me some friggin' 15 minute videos about a cool rollercoaster again?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i love the fast pass because it lets me go on all the rides i wanna go on

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I would never ever go to a theme park that didn’t have a skip all the fuckin lines option because gently caress that.

I haven’t been to a Disney park since they monetised the absolute poo poo out of the fast pass system though and I likely never will again because I’m not really in it to get nickel and dimed to death either.

I like the express pass system just being straight-up “pay us this much money and you can have a schedule for X rides from this menu of options” but it’s obviously not as good (by virtue of costing money) as the OG Disney fast pass poo poo where you just went to the little machine for absolutely free and got a little ticket to gently caress off and come back a couple of hours later. Even though you could only have one at a time iirc it meant you could fit a whole extra ride in every couple of hours for nothing, sick.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE1AarqrqPI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just stick to mom and pop regional theme parks these days and have a great time. Disney? No thanks, I'm at Canobie Lake.

Hell the rides at anything bigger than a six flags suck now anyways. Oh wow another 5 mph trackless dark room where I stare at lcd screens.