Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
I feel sorry for all those guys decide to join the CIA and they have to pretend to be racist trans people on the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm not sure if I've made this comment before or not -

1776: America becomes Nazis
1944: America fights Nazis

Ostiosis
Nov 3, 2002

https://x.com/gullybe/status/1789308314821566574

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Libraries are where people do drive and become rascist, and after they take drugs and become rascist the turn into trans people.Thankfully I have never touched a blade of grass in my life so I am immune

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Uncle Wemus posted:

There's a genocide will

There is no good economic news to report

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

I have information that will lead to the arrest of Speaker Mike Johnson

And Chuck Schumer

And Joe Biden

And a certain future president...

https://twitter.com/jvgraz/status/1789382488659197960

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

i dont understand why he was prompted to do this did the staff think biden could remember the name on his own and they didnt need to bother looking it up

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

VoicesCanBe posted:

If Biden isn't on the ballot in Ohio, that probably costs Sherrod Brown his seat and thus Democrats lose the Senate

Man if that happens, that stunt Colorado Democrats pulled would be a massive self-own

comedy option is that sherrod brown actually wins the seat precisely because biden isnt the ballot dragging his name down like he will in every other state lol

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

SixteenShells posted:

"play a board game with your friends"
"Those don't exist anymore"
?????

Solitaire games rule

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

RealityWarCriminal posted:

my library has a seed library

They need to stop letting homeless men hang out there to use the internet

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the main part of this story thats been confusing me is why this doesnt just happen literally every presidential election cycle since late august conventions seem pretty common

like did the democrats set up the rules for this particular convention in a stupid way so that it doesnt meet the technical criteria for the law of needing to declare a candidate ninety days before the election

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Vim Fuego posted:

Dems don't need ohio in play

they will one hundred percent lose the popular vote without it

granted thats probably going to happen anyway but it would still be funny

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Some Guy TT posted:

the main part of this story thats been confusing me is why this doesnt just happen literally every presidential election cycle since late august conventions seem pretty common

like did the democrats set up the rules for this particular convention in a stupid way so that it doesnt meet the technical criteria for the law of needing to declare a candidate ninety days before the election

because all the other DNCs have been scheduled to avoid this except 2020 which was all hosed up because of covid

my guess is that team biden thought they could just hold it in august again without any problems

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Good Citizen posted:

drat, I've been too convenienced by my kindle and didn't notice libraries have drugs now. I should check out my local

what are you some kind of luddite

e-ketamine is awesome

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Some Guy TT posted:

i dont understand why he was prompted to do this did the staff think biden could remember the name on his own and they didnt need to bother looking it up

what would be incredible is if it was a cue prompt to be based on the name of whoever his interlocutor was

So like if he asked a person in the audience their name, he could go like "Johnson eh? reminds me of my professor Riley Johnson blah blah"

but that's so loving convoluted and idiotic to script that way that it would be in PERFECT KEEPING with the democrats lol

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

because all the other DNCs have been scheduled to avoid this except 2020 which was all hosed up because of covid

my guess is that team biden thought they could just hold it in august again without any problems

I love how Dems are big about "saving democracy" but seem to never know the rules of whichever democratic system they are wanting to save. See: Hillary thinking the popular vote would win her the Presidency.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
I’m choosing to believe theyre loving with him on purpose

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Economy is doing so great Target locks up the socks and underwear

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm not sure if I've made this comment before or not -

1944: America fights Nazis
2024: America becomes Nazis

America welcomed the Nazis with open arms in 1945

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

It’s not the instructions. Biden is specifying that Riley is the last name and not the first name since it could be either. It would make no sense at all for that to be instructions

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

:thatsbait:

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

I’m choosing to believe theyre loving with him on purpose

I love laughing at the senile old man as much as anyone but last name makes sense in context of what he’s saying and does not make any sense as a prompter instruction

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Some Guy TT posted:

oh no shes not trans shes just the person who said that samus aran is trans basically because shes tall and since brianna wu herself is tall it kind of turned into a hoisted by their own petard kind of thing

Implying Samus is trans because she is big and kicks rear end is actually quite sexist. Is Ripley trans too?

Please don't answer... Oh god, someone has written an article about this, haven't they?

AmiYumi
Oct 10, 2005

I FORGOT TO HAIL KING TORG

PhilippAchtel posted:

Implying Samus is trans because she is big and kicks rear end is actually quite sexist. Is Ripley trans too?

Please don't answer... Oh god, someone has written an article about this, haven't they?
plz do not mock my 900 part ao3 epic delving into the specifics of the metroid omegaverse polycule

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

That being said apparently the packers have never drafted anyone by the name Riley so it’s a lie

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

No but two of the Nostromo crew were canonically trans.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Wow, a sneak peak of Biden's next speech

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

I love laughing at the senile old man as much as anyone but last name makes sense in context of what he’s saying and does not make any sense as a prompter instruction

It was probably filller when an intern didn't fill out the last name field in the anecdote database that the AI model they're using to write his speeches pulls from. You'd think that they would catch it when they proofread it, but they're just that lazy. And Biden is so far gone and his staff so terrified of him ad libbing that he's Ron Burgundy at this point.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Not watching Eurovision is antisemitic according to Ritchie Torres

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loc...vpxeBXhIc4OZfhT

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

1glitch0 posted:

i believe you, but source?

Did the Biden administration have unfettered access for a large portion of 2021 to Donald Trump's transition documents and papers that were later shipped from storage near Washington, D.C., to Mar-a-Lago in Florida? No, that's not true: The General Services Administration, which provides transition support for outgoing presidents, told Lead Stories that the documents were "accessible only to the former president's Outgoing Transition Staff and those who they permitted." There was never unsupervised access to those documents, a spokesperson for the federal agency said.

The claim appeared in a post (archived here) on Facebook by Peggy Traeger Tierney on April 27, 2024. The post's caption said:

quote:

Unsealed testimony reveals that Team Biden shipped boxes of classified information from government storage to Trump at Mar-a-Lago - after they had likely planted documents with 'classified markings in the boxes - then charged him for possessing it, then rescinded his clearance after charging him.

HAVE YOU HEARD THIS ON THE FAKE NEWS?

An FBI agent says the Feds were holding large quantity of Trump's boxes in Virginia and then ordered his team to come get them.
I am sure NOTHING hanky happened there...

So an entire pallet full of boxes that had been held by Team Biden somewhere outside of DC was dumped at Mar-a-Lago. Apparently these are the boxes that ended up containing papers with 'classified markings.'

This is what the post looked like on Facebook at the time of writing:

The General Services Administration (GSA) is a U.S. federal agency that manages government property and records and provides services to the federal government. It additionally provides transition support for outgoing presidents. In this case, Donald Trump.

In a May 8, 2024, email, a GSA spokesperson told Lead Stories that the agency never had unsupervised access to the Trump documents mentioned in the social media post, which were stored at a facility in the Crystal City neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia. They said the materials were managed by Trump's team:

quote:

The documents were placed on shelving in the back portion of the space, accessible only to the former president's Outgoing Transition Staff and those who they permitted.

The GSA said this about the chain of custody for the papers:

quote:

Documents were transported to and from the facility by the former president's Outgoing Transition Staff. Pallets with documents to be moved to Mar-a-Lago were packed and shrink wrapped by the former president's Outgoing Transition Staff.

Visual evidence comes from an image of the boxes obtained by Bloomberg from the GSA and included in an article published on October 5, 2022, called "Trump Says US Agency Packed Top-Secret Documents. These Emails Suggest Otherwise," with the subheading: "A federal agency worked with Trump staff to move the boxes that were already packed and loaded on pallets, emails show."

The caption for the photo says:

quote:

Several pallets of document boxes ready for shipment to Trump's Mar-a-Lago club, according to a July 2021 email from Trump's post-presidential office.

This is what the image looked like on the Bloomberg website at the time of writing:

The GSA spokesperson told Lead Stories that the task of placing the boxes onto pallets and securely wrapping each one with shrink-wrap fell under the responsibility of the Trump transition team. They said:

quote:

Consistent with the typical division of responsibilities between GSA and outgoing Presidents, members of the outgoing Presidential transition team and their volunteers were responsible for packing items from the outgoing transition space into boxes. In this instance, the former president's outgoing transition team was responsible for putting the boxes on pallets and shrink-wrapping each pallet.

Prior to shipping, GSA required the former president's outgoing transition team to certify in writing that the items being shipped were required to wind down the Office of the Former President and would be utilized as the Office transitioned to its new location in Florida.

The GSA email concluded with the agency saying it did not know what was in the boxes that were sent to Florida. It said:

quote:

GSA did not examine the contents of the boxes and, accordingly, had no knowledge of the contents prior to shipping. This is consistent with the typical support that GSA provides former Presidents pursuant to the Presidential Transition Act of 1963 and the Former Presidents Act.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Some Guy TT posted:

The Ohio law was passed in 2014, so there've only been two sets of national conventions since then (one of them during covid) and the state legislature waived the rule both of those times.

But with Sherrod Brown up for reelection this year (which he wasn't either of the other times), and the current Senate being slightly D, and this year's Senate map worse for democrats, and Brown being among the last (if not the last) of democrats winning OH statewide, it makes political sense for them to gently caress over the democrats this year even though Biden would lose anyway, bc if Biden's not on the ballot fewer dems will turn out to vote for Brown.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

SgtMongoose posted:

It was probably filller when an intern didn't fill out the last name field in the anecdote database that the AI model they're using to write his speeches pulls from. You'd think that they would catch it when they proofread it, but they're just that lazy. And Biden is so far gone and his staff so terrified of him ad libbing that he's Ron Burgundy at this point.

I would buy that as an explanation if “last name” wasn’t an entirely ordinary and expected thing to say right there. Has nobody ever told you an anecdote where they referred to somebody by a single name then specified quickly whether it was first or last? Like his brains are melting and all but I’m more in favor of laughing at stuff that is actually an example of it and not stuff that you have to pretend you’ve never heard anyone speak English conversationally in order not to get

But whatever

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Has the Ohio law ever been challenged? I can see it getting dumpstered under the same logic that's requiring Colorado to put Trump on their ballots if it really mattered

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Javid posted:

Has the Ohio law ever been challenged? I can see it getting dumpstered under the same logic that's requiring Colorado to put Trump on their ballots if it really mattered

Nah and I don’t think there would be a coherent way to challenge it since it’s a perfectly reasonable law and everyone has plenty of knowledge of what the timeline is

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Has nobody ever told you an anecdote where they referred to somebody by a single name then specified quickly whether it was first or last?

no, what the gently caress?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Excelzior posted:

no, what the gently caress?

Honestly I don’t beleive you but it’s not worth arguing over because either way the anecdote he told is a apparently a complete lie

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

the_steve posted:

I would never have actually believed anyone was trying to frame Trump, but if that turns out to actually be the case, Jesus Christ, I can't even form words about how absurd that would be.

oh i didnt mean to suggest anyone was trying to frame trump just that nobody ever even pretended to care about the potential security risk of these documents the gsa just let them sit around for months on end until they got annoyed enough to start complaining to trump that he needed to come pick up his boxes and trumps people had dicked around on this for so long that the investigation had already started by then as to whether the boxes he already had were themselves filled with classified documents

the great irony of this entire investigation is that basically everyone involved whether it was the nonpartisan bureaucrats doing the transition work or the feds assigned to investigate the case have been about as lackadaisical in their handling of classified documents as trump was so even though the trump trial itself is being postponed indefinitely theres still months of hearings ahead auditing whether anyone else involved in the case was following proper classified document handling procedure either

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Honestly I don’t beleive you but it’s not worth arguing over because either way the anecdote he told is a apparently a complete lie

fwiw I've certainly heard older people say that with names that could be first or last, it's common enough that was literally my thought when I saw the tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Has nobody ever told you an anecdote where they referred to somebody by a single name then specified quickly whether it was first or last?

I can't recall a specific time that's happened to me, but if it did, it would only make sense if they were trying give me instructions for finding and contacting that specific person. It would strike me as unnecessary to specify that it was their last name if they were just mentioning someone off-hand.