Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daner T
Dec 24, 2004
I noticed with Robins design her hair in the back isn't in two tails so we can't see her back as much and I'm for it. I know its 2 parts but also kind of lower than normal. I know they like the hairstyle so you can see the work they put into the character design but I like long haired characters that don't have weird parts (luocha being one!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

GoodluckJonathan posted:

There was a sidequests on the Luofu with a masked fool whose true form we never saw. That could have been Sparkle for all we know. She mentioned we'd see her again too(the Luofu fool).

yes we did? we spoke with her directly. she could be sparkle but at that point everyone could be sparkle.

e: wow I missed some stuff

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm actually Sparkle BTW

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

No I'm Spartacus Sparkle

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Detheros posted:

No I'm Sampo Sparkle

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
Does anyone know enough about pre code movies to get all of the references they’re making?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Man. After clearing all six secret challenges in the Audition Venue, I'm still missing three chests somewhere in there. They should really start giving you chest information on a subzone level, with how huge the zones are getting now.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

you'll roll for topaz and you'll like it

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I have Topaz. She doesn't help if you don't even know which part of a single massive zone you should be searching.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yeah, Topaz has helped me find, like, two treasure boxes total. It's only valuable when they're right next to you but behind something.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Numby's treasure detector is useful, but a little wonky. He'll run off after some chest like thirty yards away but will miss one like five feet next to me

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

oh... so Topaz is actually totally useless...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also numby only finds basic treasure chests and only ones that are out in the open, if theyre behind a puzzle or give more than a whopping 5 jades he doesnt give a poo poo

people really overhype it

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

oh... so Topaz is actually totally useless...
Not true. She has charisma and business acumen!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

And an adorable pet trotter

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
God, the new film mini game is 15 sections long? Why are these all like 5 times longer than they need to be?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Eej posted:

He has actually mentioned him before but we didn't know the players as well.

It's suspiciously like they're teasing the idea that we might have to fight a former Nameless at some point. He doesn't sound like a particularly nice person.

The IPC in general is kind of short on 'nice people' on a surface level, but they've also been very good about not putting outright supervillains in the gacha. That Aventurine has a funny sort of camaraderie with Topaz, and appears to respect Jade and Diamond but has little love for Oswaldo may tell us something.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Endorph posted:

also numby only finds basic treasure chests and only ones that are out in the open, if theyre behind a puzzle or give more than a whopping 5 jades he doesnt give a poo poo

This part is made up

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

?

quote:

Summons Numby when Topaz enters the overworld. Numby will automatically search for Basic Treasures and Trotters within a set radius.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I just saw numby alert on one with 20 jade

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I have a Robin vs. Ruan Mei question but I just have to vent first. I *really* wish they weren’t doing the thing that bugged me in Genshin where you’re trying to go somewhere and get waylaid by the main story. The difference in this game is I like the story, and want to do it but I was just trying to go to MoC since I had a little time to play and then all the sudden I am bombarded by multiple MSQ scenes, and then stuck in a story area I can’t leave so can’t even go to MoC at all. The story being good doesn’t excuse that kind of thing; I really hate poo poo like this. There’s a reason I was waiting to do the main story all at once and now it’s all hosed up, as well as me not being able to play essentially until they decide to allow me to have control of the game back again. Like I basically can plan on just not doing what I wanted to in game today now since I can only pick up the game here and there, and don’t want to play the story like that.

(E: ok I’m an idiot since I only just now realized I could switch back to the TB any time when controlling another character, probably since I do story in chunks so never wanted to before now. Point stands about the forced cutscenes though)

Anyway, sorry for the complaining but it really grinds my gears. I’m wondering now that Robin has been out for a bit if there’s a consensus on Robin vs. Ruan Mei for those who don’t have the latter. It could have been a simple decision thinking of Robin being for IPC and Ruan Mei for break, since I am all in on IPC and not doing much break, but I’ve seen a bunch of comparisons between the two now. It sounds like they are somewhat equivalent overall, but one side says Ruan Mei is much easier to use and slots into more teams whereas Robin might be more synergistic with future characters.

I’m skipping Boothill but am going to get e1 or e2 Firefly (my only other eidolon limited character is e2 Acheron so I want to make sure I have the best Firefly team I can get together since it’s a favorite). Robin also has the event LC which seems to put her in a more favorable position for me too. But Ruan Mei could go in my DoT team which would be nice (though that team is lower investment than IPC, Acheron and a couple others since I don’t have Kafka or BS LCs).

Do we know yet if Firefly will prefer Robin or Ruan Mei? My first instinct is to go Robin since it would finish my IPC team, but pulling a harmony for one team also doesn’t seem like the best decision (I would be burning a guarantee too). Is it true that Ruan Mei and Robin are fairly equal in value/strength overall? I haven’t really missed not having Ruan Mei since I am still clearing the content just fine (though I’m sure I would see her value if I had her), and seeing how good Sparkle has been I am worried that skipping Robin would suck further down the line.

Edit: also does Hatblazer kind of work as a Ruan Mei sub, or is Hatblazer more of a “goes with” Ruan Mei rather than “replace”? I am pretty ignorant on break team stuff.

rio fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 12, 2024

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I think the big downside to Robin is her ult's fat 160 cost. Her event cone doesn't have any energy regen like her signature does, so you may or may not feel energy starved when using her depending on what team you put her on or if you use sprightly, or if she gets hit a bunch to generate energy. She's otherwise fairly easy to build, she doesn't need much speed, and you just stack a bunch of attack on her.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
my hot take is you should skip Robin cause it sounds like you're not going to be chugging through the entire MSQ to open up the Dreamjoy Memoirs event for her free lightcone anytime soon...

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

rio posted:

I have a Robin vs. Ruan Mei question but I just have to vent first. I *really* wish they weren’t doing the thing that bugged me in Genshin where you’re trying to go somewhere and get waylaid by the main story. The difference in this game is I like the story, and want to do it but I was just trying to go to MoC since I had a little time to play and then all the sudden I am bombarded by multiple MSQ scenes, and then stuck in a story area I can’t leave so can’t even go to MoC at all. The story being good doesn’t excuse that kind of thing; I really hate poo poo like this. There’s a reason I was waiting to do the main story all at once and now it’s all hosed up, as well as me not being able to play essentially until they decide to allow me to have control of the game back again. Like I basically can plan on just not doing what I wanted to in game today now since I can only pick up the game here and there, and don’t want to play the story like that.

(E: ok I’m an idiot since I only just now realized I could switch back to the TB any time when controlling another character, probably since I do story in chunks so never wanted to before now. Point stands about the forced cutscenes though)

Anyway, sorry for the complaining but it really grinds my gears. I’m wondering now that Robin has been out for a bit if there’s a consensus on Robin vs. Ruan Mei for those who don’t have the latter. It could have been a simple decision thinking of Robin being for IPC and Ruan Mei for break, since I am all in on IPC and not doing much break, but I’ve seen a bunch of comparisons between the two now. It sounds like they are somewhat equivalent overall, but one side says Ruan Mei is much easier to use and slots into more teams whereas Robin might be more synergistic with future characters.

I’m skipping Boothill but am going to get e1 or e2 Firefly (my only other eidolon limited character is e2 Acheron so I want to make sure I have the best Firefly team I can get together since it’s a favorite). Robin also has the event LC which seems to put her in a more favorable position for me too. But Ruan Mei could go in my DoT team which would be nice (though that team is lower investment than IPC, Acheron and a couple others since I don’t have Kafka or BS LCs).

Do we know yet if Firefly will prefer Robin or Ruan Mei? My first instinct is to go Robin since it would finish my IPC team, but pulling a harmony for one team also doesn’t seem like the best decision (I would be burning a guarantee too). Is it true that Ruan Mei and Robin are fairly equal in value/strength overall? I haven’t really missed not having Ruan Mei since I am still clearing the content just fine (though I’m sure I would see her value if I had her), and seeing how good Sparkle has been I am worried that skipping Robin would suck further down the line.

Edit: also does Hatblazer kind of work as a Ruan Mei sub, or is Hatblazer more of a “goes with” Ruan Mei rather than “replace”? I am pretty ignorant on break team stuff.

It would be kind of an understatement to say that the current beta Firefly "prefers" a team that has both Harmony MC and Ruan Mei.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

If you are all in on IPC Robin is much better, but yeah, I don't think she'll do much for Firefly. Maybe if you run her sustainless but you'd probably prefer Bronya regardless. Given Hatblazer is out and how incredibly strong she is, and that she gets boosted a ton by Ruan Mei, unless IPC is a team you will use forever, skipping Robin for Ruan Mei makes way more sense.

Like in my limited testing, you can pair Ruan Mei and Robin in a hypercarry team to decent results, but...you can just do with with Hatblazer and it's just as good if not better. I pulled Robin because I loved her and expected her to be mediocre and well...she's not surprising me with her performance.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

What makes Robin so good for IPC?

Sudsygoat
Jul 19, 2013
lots of followups. so more attacks for her to add damage to.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

If you dont have Ruan i'd wait for Ruan

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

FireWorksWell posted:

What makes Robin so good for IPC?

She adds a shitload of damage, attack, and crit damage to everyone, and a little extra crit damage to FuAs. So hey, that's just a nice start. Then every single attack one of those people do? Is adding like an extra 15k. Maybe 20k if you kit her out well. So you do like 5 of those a turn, and you are also getting a free 100k. If you have one of those crazy Ratio/Clara turns with some other FuA units you can do way more than 5, which also means way more than 100k. All of those attacks also give her a little energy, speeding up her Ult generation, and making using it again that much faster.

e: Same goes for Hatblazer, Super Break is amazing for making a lot of units waaaay stronger....but it's also just a flat stack of damage that even weak units can do now. Having a healer/shielder that has some utility suddenly throwing out an extra 40k is never a bad thing.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 12, 2024

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Eimi posted:

If you are all in on IPC Robin is much better, but yeah, I don't think she'll do much for Firefly. Maybe if you run her sustainless but you'd probably prefer Bronya regardless. Given Hatblazer is out and how incredibly strong she is, and that she gets boosted a ton by Ruan Mei, unless IPC is a team you will use forever, skipping Robin for Ruan Mei makes way more sense.

Like in my limited testing, you can pair Ruan Mei and Robin in a hypercarry team to decent results, but...you can just do with with Hatblazer and it's just as good if not better. I pulled Robin because I loved her and expected her to be mediocre and well...she's not surprising me with her performance.

Robin has two niches: FUA spam or 0 cycle shenanigans

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Yeah let's say Robin is doing 15k per attack. A unit boosted by Robin's ult takes 2 turns inside of it unless they have 180 spd. So a normal team could take anywhere from 6-9 depending on if their ult damages the enemy and if they have a three turn buff to refresh. Let's just say you take 7 actions. That's a bonus 105k damage. It's not out of this world but considering Robin's also buffing you hey free damage. Now team IPC easily doubles, and can hit up to 20 actions in her ult. Sudden you go from 105k added damage to 300k added damage, which is a LOT more substantial.

Eej posted:

Robin has two niches: FUA spam or 0 cycle shenanigans

Yeah I knew that going in, I was just hoping I'd find some copium general ways to use her or for her to surprise me as a general use buffer. Not generating sp is such a crazy downside.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I mean the general way to use her is she gives a shitload of damage and attack and crit dmg and advances the entire team, and generally isn't super SP hungry. If you have like 6 amazing Harmony units that may not be much, but she's still an amazing Harmony unit in literally any team but one [Super Break teams, that's it, that's the one place she doesn't shine].

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Well hopefully I can roll her before the banner's up, i enjoy my setup of clara/aven/Topaz and Hatblazer is a fun fourth so far but i like those damage numbers. I got Welt in my first 10 rolls after Jingliu so she'd be guaranteed. If not, I guess I'll go for Boothill since I really liked him in the story.

Shoopuf
Oct 18, 2010

Don't touch shoopuf. Tailss will be shlapping!
I have a parasocial relationship with Numby. I love that little critter.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

drat, ok that’s good to know. I should consider maybe not going into Firefly eidolons because I could possibly swing both Ruan Mei and Robin that way, but if Ruan Mei is that good for Firefly then that alone is a good enough reason to prioritize her. If my luck turned around it wouldn’t be so hard to decide but I tend to lose 50/50s (Ruan Mei being the worst loss since I didn’t have resources to go through pity again) so need to plan ahead.

Eej posted:

my hot take is you should skip Robin cause it sounds like you're not going to be chugging through the entire MSQ to open up the Dreamjoy Memoirs event for her free lightcone anytime soon...

Idk, I know it’s a long story this time but I always manage to finish story and events by the end of each patch. I also don’t wait until til the last day for story, just for a large chunk of free time when I can binge it (though some events, maybe might procrastinate like I was forcing those drinks down npc throats with less than a day left last patch)

E:

Shoopuf posted:

I have a parasocial relationship with Numby. I love that little critter.

Same. I want more characters who have cute on field pets that do cool poo poo like Numby finding treasure.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
My rule of thumb is every 5* unit is usable without eidolons. If you are comparing getting eidolons with a brand new unit you actually want, pick the unit every time.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I love Hamster Ball Knight

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Think I'm going to go sicko mode and try for E2 Firefly if they don't mess with her Eidolons by the time she releases.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

My rule of thumb is every 5* unit is usable without eidolons. If you are comparing getting eidolons with a brand new unit you actually want, pick the unit every time.

I agree with this, especially if you're f2p or a small spender. I don't have any eidolons for 5 stars except Welt and Bronya. I almost got Aventurine's e1, but I'd rather have Boothill.

I know the answer to Super Break being great is Ruan Mei, but does the damage scale off Hatblazer's ult or anything at all? Because I'm not seeing super broken numbers But I only have ult and talent at 5 for the moment. It's still cool and fun, but I'm only seeing an extra 20-30k even on my Gallagher with 230% break effect.

I still hope Hatblazer and Bronya will make Boothill great. It looks like it should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
As someone without Ruan Mei, what should I be looking at for a Firefly team, anyway? It sounds like she wants Hatblazer for sure, and presumably an actual healer if she has a gimmick that saps her own health. Not sure who my fourth should be though.