Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

house of the dad posted:

Autism or ADHD can contribute to this kind of behavior. The guy needs to a see a therapist at the very least, but more than likely needs to talk to an actual psychiatrist.

Yeah, peeing in a bottle is one thing; not emptying it down the toilet first thing next morning is "gtfo because eventually his pissbottle hoard will fill the house" time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantaloon Pontiff
Jun 25, 2023

Midnight Voyager posted:

Seems like he's actually blaming reddit to me. Like "well people think I'm an abuser for her having a go bag, I cannot risk that, I must divorce."

I divorced my wife because she said her go-bag included Band-Aids in a first aid kit, but when I checked it actually had generic adhesive bandages and I can't abide that kind of brand dishonesty.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
AITA for telling my friend to stop policing my language?

quote:

My friend Janice [29F] and I [23F] and I have only been friends for a few months, but I've already noticed she's super weird about certain things. One of her boundaries is that she doesn't tolerate curse words/phrases, including common and mild ones like "oh my God." If you're friends with her and happen to utter an OMG or something similar, she will boldly and publicly "correct" you as though she's in charge. Which is her right, but it makes her insufferable to be around.

I've already tried explaining that it's rude to police your friends' language. Janice insists that she's not trying to control or disrespect me at all, she's just "expressing herself," and I'm the one trying to control her self-expression. I can't help but feel like this is classic DARVO. She is literally trying to speak for me. Like if I say "holy crap," she'll say "you mean holy corn" in that annoying parental tone. I feel like she means well, but I also feel like if I tolerate her "corrections" and alter my language, I'm reinforcing the idea that bossing people around gets you what you want.

So, Reddit, AITA for telling my friend to stop policing my language?

Gotta love the "no, you're trying to control me by not letting me control you! :arghfist:" play going on here

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Captain Hygiene posted:

Gotta love the "no, you're trying to control me by not letting me control you! :arghfist:" play going on here

"You mean holy corn."
"No, actually I meant holy cockshitting gently caress."

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Captain Hygiene posted:

Shut the gently caress up Janice, nobody loving likes you. Get a running start and go gently caress yourself.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Is this some kind of fetish? I can dimly understand reinventing the chamberpot, but how do you go from there to "but I must preserve it forever"?
I imagine if you’re lazy enough to piss in bottles, it only takes a little bit more laziness to not bother ever tidying away the bottles.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010

DemoneeHo posted:

My (25F) fiancé (28M) pees in bottles and I have no idea what to do to make him stop. Has anyone else ever dealt with this? Have you been able to stop the behaviour without leaving them? We’ve been together for 9 years

"sometimes I just don’t want to get up”

:therapy:

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

I pissed out my window one time when my knee was all hosed up and my only bathroom was in the basement. It was kinda gross, but also really liberating. I recommend trying it at least once.

Peeing in bottles should be reserved for road trip emergencies, imo

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Captain Hygiene posted:

Someone watched The Good Place but didn't pay full attention.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

DemoneeHo posted:

My (25F) fiancé (28M) pees in bottles and I have no idea what to do to make him stop. Has anyone else ever dealt with this? Have you been able to stop the behaviour without leaving them? We’ve been together for 9 years

He's aging the pee like wine, OP. Get over it :rolleyes:

But in all seriousness, OP clarifies that she and her fiancé live together in tiny apartment. How has she never noticed the cabinet before? Also his excuse is that he's afraid of the dark, but the bathroom light is on at night. So i dunno.

The 9 years have nothing to do with anything - she frames it like a sunk cost thing. You gotta get out while the getting is good because :barf:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

the holy poopacy posted:

"You mean holy corn."
"No, actually I meant holy cockshitting gently caress."

Yeah, I don't think I could resist saying something like that. I'll hold off on swearing around my family, since I've known them all my life, but that just feels like a sign things aren't going to work out for a new friendship.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

BOOTY-ADE posted:

You’re confusing Cool Whip tubs with those butter cookie tins

Not in my childhood home. We only had cool whip or store brand margarine containers to store stuff in. Metal tins were too bougie for us.

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
I really hope the piss man has severe depression because otherwise he's just a gross rear end in a top hat

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

The_Franz posted:

Poop socks.

That guy needs to get together with the woman who was wiping her rear end with her boyfriend’s socks. Unfortunately the boyfriend decided to get back together with her after her freak out and just resigned himself to never thinking about it again.

The nice thing about this thread is that it proves that there really is someone out there for everyone, no matter how disgusting and deranged they are.

Wii Spawn Camper
Nov 25, 2005

The_Franz posted:

Poop socks.

Wasn’t this related to WoW, and the origin of the term “poopsocking”? I swear I remember the detail about the duffel bag.

Edit: I guess I just conflated the story and the term, the Know Your Meme article only has references to Urban Dictionary definitions as the oldest sources.

Wii Spawn Camper fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 12, 2024

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
AITA for telling a girl to 'go back to the kitchen'?

quote:

I (23M) have been dating my boyfriend Jake (22M) for a good 6 years now, so I'm well acquaintanced with his family. The girl woman I said this to was his sister, Amelia.

I was raised by a single mum who worked 2 jobs to support us. So I grew up doing a lot of housework and in her free-time, my mum taught me to cook. I like to think I'm pretty drat good at cooking, I cook for myself, for my boyfriend and sometimes his family. I have sensory issues and my boyfriend is allergic to a few things so I'm pretty good at finding work-arounds to accommodate people, including Amelia, so she's well aware that I can cook.

Anyway, she came over yesterday and sat down at the island(?) in the kitchen, I don't quite quite know how to describe it but basically she was on the other side, and I was in at the counter, back turned to her, making some lasagna. My specialty, so I turned around to ask if she would like something and she promptly burst out laughing. I was confused and she just kinda pointed at my apron. I was more confused, my apron was pretty normal, plain blue.

She then told me she'd never have thought I was the girl of the relationship. I assume this was a reference to my physicality, I'm pretty tall and do a lot of sports. I dithered, confused, and she 'explained' that I was cooking. I just continue staring, not quite sure what she meant. She then explained, as though I was a toddler, that cooking is for girls and the apron made me look like a 90s housewife.

The funny part about all of this is that Amelia CANNOT cook. I told her if cooking is for girls maybe she should go back to the kitchen so she could learn. I would be more than willing to teach her. She went red in the face and stormed off.

I went back to my cooking.

This morning quite a few of my friends have contacted me telling me I, of all people, should know better than to perpetuate gender stereotypes. Some of them agreed with me after hearing the context (which amelia did not tell them) but others said I did not need to sink to her level.

IMO, I thought that would show her how weird it was to perpetuate gender roles when she herself doesn't fit within them. But maybe I could have tried explaining first, AITA?

edit: Amelia is not a child, she's 24.

edit2: showed the post to the other friends and yh they don't think I'm the AH anymore

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )
Nobody says "90s housewife" surely :catstare:

So many decades to choose from and they went with 90s?!

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Chewbecca posted:

I'd say 50s because that's the decade before the one I was born in. For Amelia that's the 90s.

Technocrat
Jan 30, 2011

I always finish what I sta

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Shut the gently caress up Janice, nobody loving likes you. Get a running start and go gently caress yourself.

You mean "go flip herself".

purplestuffedworm
Oct 11, 2012

Chewbecca posted:

Nobody says "90s housewife" surely :catstare:

Real 90s housewives wore a white sweatshirt with hands on hips Tweety Bird saying "What attitude problem?" in big Ad Lib letters to cook.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Holy corn???? :chloe:

E: just unlocked a childhood memory--my bff and I started throwing the phrase "dang it!" around a lot and our parents decided this was Bad, so my bff tried to make "fang it!" happen and even then I thought she was a huge dork

Sorry, huge spork

artsy fartsy fucked around with this message at 22:54 on May 12, 2024

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

artsy fartsy posted:

E: just unlocked a childhood memory--my bff and I started throwing the phrase "dang it!" around a lot and our parents decided this was Bad, so my bff tried to make "fang it!" happen and even then I thought she was a huge dork

This unlocked a childhood memory for me too - I had a friend who instead of saying "no way or gently caress no" would say "not for beans". She explained it as something she had picked up from her dad and thought it was to do with Jack and the Beanstalk, as in I wouldn't swap that for beans etc. Our little group picked it up and one day we were confronted by a friends parent who had overhead us and was adamant we were talking about DRUGS!!

I mean we probably were but it had nothing to do with beans.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
This isn't AITA or r/relationships but read carefully and try to figure out where the story stops being true and starts being revenge fantasy for someone who thinks that women exist to please him.

quote:

TL;DR at the bottom; People said I should post here so I did.

Backstory: I am a sophomore in high school. We have 4 assistant principals in our high school for freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Anyways, my school is a very left sided school. Most of the teachers are very liberal and honestly don't let you share your own opinion if you are conservative.

Story: One day I decided to post my own opinion on my Snapchat story. Bad idea. I posted how it is my own opinion that girls shouldn't wear make up as I just simply don't find it attractive. Some girl started a rumor that I was talking about her, and she and her friends came at my physical appearance and my nationality. I made a bad decision and called her out for cheating on her boyfriend and called her a hoe and she got really mad and deleted her stories and she made it seem like I was simply just coming at her for no reason. I was already pissed. I have tons of screenshots of what was said. However, I couldn't stop this now. I had 175 views already and the amount of screenshots I had on that story was 86. People started making memes about me, calling me a weasel, gerbil, said my forehead was big, and everything. It really hurt but I knew I still had some friends. I go to school the next day and I'm getting threats to get beat up and people are spreading rumors about me. I was so distraught but I fought through it. As I was getting my lunch, a group of at least 15 girls went around me and formed a circle around me and yelled at me. The girl I was talking to at the time was on my side surprisingly and she went and yelled at all those girls. Many kids made rude memes about me and it really hurt.

Turns out, someone told the sophomore assistant principal. She was pissed that I was just "mansplaining" and I didn't know anything about girls or women or why they wear makeup. Turns out, someone told the principal the wrong story and didn't show the assistant principal screenshots of everything. poo poo escalated quickly and she started yelling at me and I kept saying that wasn't the full story. Turns out someone made fake screenshots and gave it to her. I was surprised at this and I even showed her everything what I posted but she said I deleted it. I showed her all the things people made with the name not blurred out and she was now surprised. She called them up and told them not to do it any more. Then they just got let off with a warning. After they left, she told me I was going to have to be suspended. She was a real bitch and I don't know why she suspended me for this. I was reallly mad that I was suspended for atleast 2 days all because of a Snapchat post that wasn't even that bad. Getting suspended means a lot to me since I'm usually good and I have had perfect attendance since 1st grade. This is why I was about to get into National Honor Society. Now, because I'm suspended, my chance is really low. This is where the revenge starts.

Revenge: The minute I got home my parents instantly talked to me and sided with me. They even said I could just treat it like it was a snow day and I didn't even get punished. They were pissed too. I sat at the desk in my room on my computer and I thought what I could do. I looked up my assistant principals name on Google to see if I can find any information. I find her Instagram and her Facebook (she's quite young actually, like around 26-30). I decide to make a fake account posing as a random person, so she could accept my follow request. I had to buy followers and make posts so it doesn't seem to suspicious. I think I spent $30 on followers and likes, I'm not sure. I needed this to work. I soon got a notification at around 5 or 6 pm saying she accepted my follow request. Perfect. I scrolled down her pictures and this was before Instagram's stupid layout update so you could still see her posts. She had around like 450 posts, could be a little less, could be a little more, I just assume around 450. I scrolled down and saw pictures of her husband and 2 year old with her. He wasn't tagged, so he probably doesn't have an Instagram. Not a big deal, so I scrolled down more. Then, I saw a picture of her. Except, she was in a Hooters uniform. I thought to myself that usually people work two jobs, but this picture was very odd. It was one of those pictures you could slide right and you could look at more pictures. The next picture was with a kid that looked really, really, familiar. I then saw his a bit of his shirt. I couldn't tell what was really on it, but I saw that it had my high-school's colors. I then instantly realized who it was. The junior that was the captain of the varsity football team. I was so curious so I slid to the next picture. He was grabbing her rear end, while hugging her, and she was looking up at him like he was her husband. I was so shook and I had to screenshot. I keep scrolling through her Instagram and it's just her and this kid. Then I found the perfect picture. She was kissing him, and it was definitely at a house party.

I knew what I had to do. I had to screenshot this. Then, I quickly went on Facebook. I found pictures of her husband, and he was tagged. I knew his name now, so I looked him up on Whitepages. He lived at the same address as her so I had to do this during school. I found out where he worked, and so I quickly printed out the pictures that I found. This was the best thing. I also planned to email the pictures to the school. She shouldn't suspend people for a stupid reason, and she shouldn't be kissing her students. I went to sleep knowing this was going to work. I woke up between 9 and 10 that day and was ready for this. I grabbed my bike and biked the 6 miles to get to their house across the city. I am on the varsity soccer team so I am quite in shape. This took me about 20 minutes and when I got there I saw his car in the driveway. Great, he didn't leave for work yet. I simply just put the pictures in their mailbox, knocked on the door, and biked off as quick as I could. I had to wait until atleast 7 o'clock to email the school. I made an entirely new email address and emailed it at around 6:30 because I couldn't wait. They emailed back almost right away and they said they will deal with it right away. Since today was my last day of being suspended, I was ready to go back to school tomorrow.

Aftermath: I woke up in the morning really happy and excited and I couldn't wait to see what was going to unfold. In our lunch, the assistant principal, along with a few teachers, walk around monitoring the lunch. I then see the principal, along with 2 police officers, pull the assistant principal and the student out. The whole lunchroom gets quiet and so many people are recording. I smirked really openly when I saw this happen. I asked one of the monitors to get a bathroom pass just so I could hear what was going on. He told me I could not go right now as some thing is going on. I was kind of sad about this but also happy. I knew what was going on but I couldn't tell anyone. Now some stuff happened in the next few days but I'll just sum it up:

1st Day After: The day after this happened she didn't show up, but the student did. I asked him what happened, but he wouldn't say. All I knew was that he wasn't in trouble. That made me glad because he didn't have a reason to be in trouble and that wasn't my goal.

5 Days After: Since it was a 4 day weekend that week as we had Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday off, we came to school back on Tuesday. I noticed her office was empty. I was really stunned she got fired and so I looked up on our state's court case search. There was already one case and it was hers. She had "Cause Child 13-18 to View Sex. Activity" as the charges pressed against her.

3 Weeks Later: The school wanted to hide this so of course no news came out, but a new case has opened up- her divorce case. I saw this and I instantly knew I succeded. She should not have ever been an assistant principal, as she was extremely hateful and biased and even a perv.

Now: She is serving 10 months in prison, and I dont feel bad at all.

TL;DR: Assistant principal suspended me for no reason, so I ruined her teaching career and she got divorced.

"Women don't look good when they wear makeup. It really hurts when someone tells me my forehead is big."

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

The_Franz posted:

Poop socks.

They witnessed the origin of the sock poopet

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

trickybiscuits posted:

This isn't AITA or r/relationships but read carefully

nah thanks but I'm good

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

InediblePenguin posted:

nah thanks but I'm good

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

trickybiscuits posted:

This isn't AITA or r/relationships but read carefully and try to figure out where the story stops being true and starts being revenge fantasy for someone who thinks that women exist to please him.

"Women don't look good when they wear makeup. It really hurts when someone tells me my forehead is big."

Yep. It’s an incoherent, made up story about a high school student. Very entertaining.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

The_Franz posted:

If you read the sides of some containers of water, they actually say something along the lines of "from a municipal water supply". A lot of bottled water is literally just tap water.
For work I had to go to a bottling plant to pick up trailers of bottled water, and by the exit they put out pallets of water for free for the truckers. The same bottling plant makes the store brand water for Walmart, Target, Costco, and several local grocery stores. It all comes from the same place.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

InediblePenguin posted:

nah thanks but I'm good

Your loss!

AITA for yelling at my fiancé?

quote:

I (25F) have been living with my fiancé (26M) for almost 4 years. My fiancé has an issue with listening and learning. I’ve been trying to make him more responsible throughout the last 4 years just for nothing to work. He just doesn’t listen, doesn’t want to help around the house, doesn’t want to take care of the cats, doesn’t want to clean up after himself, etc.

He has very little I ask him to do every day, just check the cats water in the morning before he goes to work and do the litter boxes after he gets home from work. If the dishwasher needs to be emptied or the trash taken out then that gets done too (but trash and dishes are only every 2-3 days) that’s all I ask from him aside from days where I want to clean the whole apartment and it should be a group effort because he lives here too. I also want to add, we both work FT jobs.

Now, I have cleaned my house multiple times, over and over and over in the 4 years we’ve been together, and I STILL have to hold his hand. He knows where things go, but still every 5 seconds he asks where I want something like he doesn’t live here too. He often forgets to do his chores, often forgets to check our cats, often forgets to do the litter, leaves dishes for days and days in the dishwasher so I end up doing it etc etc. I’m to my breaking point at this point.

I’ve started screaming and yelling and swearing at him and I hate it but I just can’t take it anymore. I do everything, I work, I come home and I’m met with more work. And it adds up and adds up. On top of this, my grandmother died not even a month ago yet, and he still can’t manage to help me out around the house without a fight. I try over and over to show him how I like things done, how to make me happy, how to create less stress at home. I’ve tried chore sheets, rewards, etc. I literally feel like I’m parenting this dude more than anything else.

Before I got with him, he was 21/22 and his mother and sister were still doing his laundry for him. Like, I just can’t handle this anymore. I’m always crying, I’m always mad, and because I’m constantly busy with stuff at home or work, I’m exhausted too. I’m just mentally, emotionally and physically drained. AITA for losing my mind and yelling and swearing? I just don’t know what else to do but leave.

Edit: I just want to add, when it comes to his job or bills he’s amazing. He does what he’s supposed to, he doesn’t fight, nothing. He is excellent when it comes to his job and that kind of stuff, it is literally just stuff at home he’s struggling so much with. I also want to add, our bills are all split evenly, we each pay half of our shared bills and take care of our own personal bills, vehicles etc. which he also does perfectly. My biggest and constant struggle is balancing the life we have outside of work. We’re pretty even and fair in everything EXCEPT that. I also want to add that I have never once I said I never wanted to leave or that I wanted this to be my life, but I think a lot of people forget everything is always easier said than done. It takes money and time to move out on your own, all of which I don’t have right now, including personal family matters that are also preventing a move right now. It’s not that I don’t want to, or I’m dependent on him or anything, it’s just that the cards aren’t right, right now.

quote:

We got engaged 3.5 years ago, and truthfully, I thought it would have improved by now. Instead, it just continues to get worse. I know I’m not the nicest person or easiest person to live with, but I’m just so particular about things because if I wasn’t, our apartment would absolutely be disgusting. It’s just so exhausting doing everything on my own. He wants to bring kids into the mix too and it’s like why?! He himself cannot act like an adult, so what, we have a kid and I’m mommy to both? F that.

quote:

My thing was that I didn’t want to marry him while he’s in debt, which, he currently still is. So I never planned to marry him until his debt was taken care of.

quote:

He took out a loan and racked up his credit card. He was about $10k in debt now he’s about $7000 in debt.

quote:

He has until my plans to move out are fully in place. I have been planning to leave for over 6 months, but it takes time and money and with everything family wise going on right now I’ve had to put a pin in it for the moment, but as soon as everything is back to somewhat normal, I’m going to try to have everything in place in 4 months or less. So, he has about 5 months maybe 6 months total to change.
THANK GOD

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

The_Franz posted:

If you read the sides of some containers of water, they actually say something along the lines of "from a municipal water supply". A lot of bottled water is literally just tap water.

its tap but it doesnt mean its tap from where i live. the tap where i live tastes and smells like sulfur. municpalities regularly sell water rights to coke and then coke comes in and literally drains all their water and then the town is like well wtf happened and the guy who is now a millionaire just shrugs his shoulders.

Troublemaker
Mar 12, 2007

My (22F) boyfriend (23M) believes he is correct that we should have the same hunger levels after eating the same meal?

quote:

TW: talk of food and calories My boyfriend and I are having a really non-big-deal debate but we’re both frustrating eachother and can’t find much online to actually back-up our sides of this.

For context, female and male, different sleep patterns for the nights before, we haven’t eaten the exact same things throughout the day.

The situation/conversation:

F: I still feel hungry (around 4 hours after dinner)

M: that’s weird, you shouldn’t, we had the same thing for dinner.

F: yes, but I’ve eaten less than you throughout the day.

M: it doesn’t matter, we had the same dinner at the same time and food only last lasts in your stomach for up to 12 hours.

My (her) perspective:

He’s saying that because we had the same dinner, I wouldn’t feel hungry. But, my point of view is that, I’ve eaten considerably less than him today, we both process things differently, have different ways of our body breaking down food, different nutritional needs etc. but, he’s focused on the fact that our stomachs should both be in essence “full “ because we ate the same thing at the same time and the other food has already been processed/used/removed.

I think that different bodies are much more complex and each individual, whether that’s gender, hormonal cycles, bowel habits, medical issues or calorie/nutrient requirements, are very different. It’s not simply the fact that you eat the same thing at the same time, so automatically it’ll serve you in the same way.

I literally said after the meal that I could eat another burger, half jokingly because I’m not going to go and buy another burger but I just didn’t feel like it filled me up (which I concluded was because I hadn’t eaten much in the day so I was still hungry…)

His perspective:

The way I understand satiety is based on how full your stomach is (coming from recent research and gastro issues) and from previous research that food only sits in your stomach for a few hours.

The last proper meal I ate (apart from 3 bites) before we both ate the exact same meal from a restaurant, was more than 7 hours prior so the food would have moved from the stomach to the intestines.

This makes me think our stomach’s would both have been as empty as each others as the food would have moved elsewhere by then. So when we ate the exact same meal we would both have been as full unless her stomach was bigger but she doesn’t think it is.

Basically if she things her stomach isn’t bigger than mine, and we ate the same exact food, and all previous food had moved on, we would both have had our stomachs stretched the same and produced the same ghrelin, so would both feel as full. So the only answer would be her stomach is bigger than mine (internally, not calling her fat lol). Or I have no idea how hunger is created in the body or how the stomach and intestines work haha

I have never had a stomach that is very full and still felt hungry so I can’t understand it. If I ate a meal that made me feel full I find it impossible to be hungry. Male EDIT I had forgotten she had said she was still hungry straight after eating so this is invalid, although I would like to know how hunger works and if I’m way off.

Edit: this has gained a lot of traction - thank you to everyone who has responded. I wanted to say that the wording of male and female perspective was definitely a poor choice. This was supposed to simply define our different perspectives without saying our names but male/female can just be clarified as his and her and I have changed that. Also, addressing a few comments:

Neither of us are overweight and never have been. We are of course different heights, I’m much smaller and he is much taller. Thanks!

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
AITA for refusing to give someone an item out of my shopping cart?

quote:

My wife and I were shopping for some plants for our back yard. We picked out a tree and put it in our cart along with our other items. About ten minutes later, a woman walked up to me and said that she had just purchased that tree (the one in my cart). She said she wanted that specific one. To be clear, there were two trees left so she had other options. I asked her why she didn't take it with her when she decided that she wanted it. She said she removed the tag, paid for it and intended on coming back to the garden section to pick it up. To be clear, it was not off to the side nor was there any indication that it was reserved in any way. I told her that similarly, my wife and I had picked this one out and I pointed out that there's another tree; she can just go grab that one. She said 'seriously?'. I said 'I could say the same thing, 'seriously' you're asking another customer to give you an item out of their cart?'. AITA?

Additional info edit: Store was Walmart. Tree was a Japanese Maple about 3-4 feet tall, probably 15 pounds. Tree was missing the tag. She did not show me the receipt nor did I think to ask for it. Yes there was an open register in the garden section about 40 feet away. This is my first AITA. I hope I'm not breaking the rules but I think it's important to share my reaction when she approached me, which was 'I can't believe she's asking me to hand her something that my wife and just picked out together and is in my cart'.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!

Troublemaker posted:

My (22F) boyfriend (23M) believes he is correct that we should have the same hunger levels after eating the same meal?

Whew! Thanks honey. I came, so I guess we're done here.

Oh, what's that? You didn't finish? Well, we both had the same amount of sex, so youu should be done by now. Anyway, goodnight.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Captain Hygiene posted:

The play here is to say "Im sorryfor saying Holy Crap. I actually meant to say Holy loving Jesus titty loving Christ on a cracker. Is that better?"

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

ApplesandOranges posted:

AITA for refusing to give someone an item out of my shopping cart?

Is this tree law?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Tree policy

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Troublemaker posted:

quote:

Or I have no idea how hunger is created in the body or how the stomach and intestines work haha

A man making a wrong assumption? loving impossible, must be a lady lying again

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

haveblue posted:

Tree policy

The branch manager will be able to clear this up.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

porktree posted:

The branch manager will be able to clear this up.

I heard they were on an extended leaf of absence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
wood y'all knock it off?