Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

idonotlikepeas posted:

See, he made it stupid.

He made a "Both sides bad" Comic in the same week he made a "Centrism is cowardice" Comic.

Guys I'm beginning to think he's a moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Remember when Sinfest had characters?

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
When is the last time Slick was in a comic?

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

RoboRodent posted:

Remember when Sinfest had characters?

That podcast episode that was posted mentioned that the last time 'Nique showed up was when she got mad about trans people being in a queer bar and that was apparently over a year ago.

I have no idea how accurate that is, but it has been a while since she was around

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Shinji2015 posted:

That podcast episode that was posted mentioned that the last time 'Nique showed up was when she got mad about trans people being in a queer bar and that was apparently over a year ago.

I have no idea how accurate that is, but it has been a while since she was around

She showed up after that to stomp on a pride flag and accuse her girlfriend off being in league with groomers. Then she was persuded by police for defacing a pride flag. I think that was the last time we saw her.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Kaza42 posted:

When is the last time Slick was in a comic?

In the modern state of the comic where everyone showing arousal is literally a satanic monster, there’s no longer any room for horny Charlie Brown.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I believe he's still working at the mind control pimp hat drone factory

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

DalaranJ posted:

In the modern state of the comic where everyone showing arousal is literally a satanic monster, there’s no longer any room for horny Charlie Brown.

Excuse you? Slick is a horny child version of Frazz.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Angepain posted:

I believe he's still working at the mind control pimp hat drone factory
What's the current relationship between the pimp's mind control hat drone factory and the devil's robot Jewish hat factory (other than Tats being an antisemite)?

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

oobey posted:

Excuse you? Slick is a horny child version of Frazz.

Tatsuya used to freely admit Slick was horny Calvin.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Ultraklystron posted:

Tatsuya used to freely admit Slick was horny Calvin.

Yeah, the bio for Slick on the site itself used to call him Calvin ripoff. Someone dug up the drawings of the character that Tats made in middleschool, and it was even more blatantly just Calvin wearing sunglasses.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Lethbridge:

Treasurer Jim Chalmers and Reserve Bank head Michele Bullock as we head into budget week.

Herbert:

Broelman:

The heart is in the colours of the South Sydney Rabbitohs, Albanese's football team.

Spooner:

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Shinji2015 posted:

I don't blame anyone for forgetting, considering that we're talking about Sinfest and paying any kind of attention to it is self-harm, but she actually showed up for one strip recently talking to the redneck about how white supremacy was the enemy of mankind.* The redneck disagreed, as the reader is supposed to.

* The April 27th strip, true believers!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

I dont know posted:

Yeah, the bio for Slick on the site itself used to call him Calvin ripoff. Someone dug up the drawings of the character that Tats made in middleschool, and it was even more blatantly just Calvin wearing sunglasses.

It was also even more blatantly a mouthpiece for and representation of Ishida, which has all sorts of deeply unpleasant ramifications regarding his psyche.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The Haus of Decline podcast described him as Steve Dallas if he looked like Calvin which I think is both apt and reflects a slightly broader spectrum of the works Ishida cribbed from.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

idonotlikepeas posted:

I don't blame anyone for forgetting, considering that we're talking about Sinfest and paying any kind of attention to it is self-harm, but she actually showed up for one strip recently talking to the redneck about how white supremacy was the enemy of mankind.* The redneck disagreed, as the reader is supposed to.

* The April 27th strip, true believers!

lol I'm actually glad that I didn't remember

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I doubt he gives a poo poo about Palestine considering how quick he is to focus on how evil the Jews are. It’s a fig leaf for his antisemitism.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
He doesn't want to spend too much time focusing on the Palestinians because they are, after all, brown.

Clay Bennett

Dave Whamond

Drew Sheneman

Drew Sheneman posted:

There are few things on this Earth, and specifically this state, less popular than gutting the Open Public Records Act. According to the polls approximately 81 percent of voters, regardless of party, oppose the changes to OPRA proposed by Democrats, but if you think that’s going to stop them you haven’t lived here long enough.

When the initial plans to gut and mount OPRA were leaked earlier this year the blowback was immediate and intense. So intense and so immediate that Democrats pulled it off the agenda and vowed to spend some quality time thinking about what they’d done. Apparently the time for introspection is over and after some alone time Democratic leadership has come to the realization that they’d really like to run the government in secret. Hence, they’ve decided to charge ahead, with the approval of a number of Republicans, with the same gross legislation as before.

The legislative sales pitch for the original bill was to reform the system and make it easier for local governments to fulfill records requests without placing an undue burden on the municipalities. The reality is the want you to mind your own beeswax. The old bill was about limiting government transparency and the new bill is no better.

As outlined here in our editorial, the three most repugnant aspects of the bill have remained fully intact. They served voters a hot garbage sandwich, voters sent it back and Democratic leadership put it in a to go box. All the bad stuff is still in there, the onerous filling requirements, the exorbitant fees and a provision that would make it drat near impossible to find a lawyer to challenge denials.

This bill has nothing to do with reforming the public records system and everything to do with keeping the public in the dark.

Jimmy Margulies

Lee Judge

Phil Hands

Rick McKee

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

why

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Wait, how old are these two supposed to be?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Technowolf posted:

Wait, how old are these two supposed to be?
They ran for president in 2008 so by now they have to be at least fifty.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

seiferguy posted:

I can't tell if Tats is having a broken clock moment and stating zionist protestors are insane and making up a lot of the hate they're supposedly getting or if he's equating Israel = jews, therefore bad.

These aren't mutually exclusive? He's kinda saying both.

MJ Feral posted:

He seems to be siding with Palestine mostly for the sake of being antisemitic. Very Candence Owens core.

If Palestinians were getting genocided by white Christians instead, Ishida would enthusiastically support it.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Mr. Belpit posted:

If Palestinians were getting genocided by white Christians instead, Ishida would enthusiastically support it.

What if Biden was arming them, though?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Not to spoil next Sunday, but Monday’s Sinfest is attacking a Jew that supports Palestine, so I guess thanks to Ishida for clearing that up. Wouldn’t want to confuse you for a decent human being.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Nenonen posted:

What if Biden was arming them, though?

The pro-Israel Republicans give a pretty good template for how to approach that, which is to claim he isn't arming them regardless, gently caress reality.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

idonotlikepeas posted:

Drew Sheneman

This artist does not understand how mousetraps work. That's not even set (and can't be set, for that matter, the trigger's missing), and the bait is on the wrong end for some reason.

VKing
Apr 22, 2008

U.T. Raptor posted:

This artist does not understand how mousetraps work. That's not even set (and can't be set, for that matter, the trigger's missing), and the bait is on the wrong end for some reason.

Thank you. I kept staring at it with a sense that something was missing.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Old Enough to Kill, Too Young to Protest

Ted Rall posted:

If you are 18 years old and an antiwar protester, old militarists will say that you’re too young and naïve and ignorant to understand the complexities of foreign policy and should just shut up. But if you’re 18 years old, and you don’t know anything about anything, they are happy to send you to go kill people in those very same foreign conflicts you don’t know anything about.

First Dog on the Moon: We could see the aurora happening with our very own nude eyeballs. The chickens were uncertain and clucking

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Holy moly, an actual joke AND they're not standing in front of a billboard?? AGC. One out of 365 ain't bad!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

some kinda jackal posted:

Holy moly, an actual joke AND they're not standing in front of a billboard?? AGC. One out of 365 ain't bad!

A lot of the political cartoonists are capable of crafting a serviceable (not necessarily funny, but at least recognizable as one) joke when they aren't trying to make their usual stupid politics takes.

Tinsley had some about newborn baby logic a few years before Fishman started taking over, Fishman has put out some tepid but harmless jokes, hell, even that mother's day one from Payne a few posts up is admittedly a cute joke.

It's just that they then immediately go back to "And here's why it's actually a hate crime against me to not let me say the N word."

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Vib Rib posted:

The Haus of Decline podcast described him as Steve Dallas if he looked like Calvin which I think is both apt and reflects a slightly broader spectrum of the works Ishida cribbed from.

I've never quite gotten the idea of Sinfest being a Calvin Hobbes and Peanuts ripoff; it's always read as Bloom County to me.
Huh?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Beats me

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Neito posted:

I've never quite gotten the idea of Sinfest being a Calvin Hobbes and Peanuts ripoff; it's always read as Bloom County to me.

Huh?

Robins' eggs are blue. Other bird eggs are white. :thejoke:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I think it's a robin chick in an egg looking for a Mother's Day card, as both "it's Mother's Day" and "it's Spring."

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

This is what happens when you don't explicitly label "TAXES" :hmmyes:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on looking up at the night sky in Britain, Ukraine and Gaza – While Britons feast their eyes on the aurora borealis, the people of Ukraine and Gaza see the aurora of war"

Telegraph:

Top Boy beats Happy Valley and The Crown in double Bafta win

Times:

Labour resists calls to investigate Natalie Elphicke ‘lobbying’ claims

Evening Standard:

Rishi Sunak on election footing as he tells voters to trust Tories to keep them safe

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Gary Markstein

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Hell yeah

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ramirez has been increasingly unable to continue whatever metaphor or bit he set up in the strip before just angrily writing “AND THEY’RE loving STUPID.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Sure, the equal rights amendment sounds good, but have you ever considered that it would give people equal rights?! How horrible! Don't you look foolish now.