Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: loquacius)

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Phone posted:

well

1. the economy rules
2. you don't even really care about gaza

3. trump has NINETY indictments
4. biden has ZERO indictments
those get counted against your final score right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HermitSupplier
Sep 19, 2023
How do liberals simultaneously think "People don't actually care about Gaza and it won't affect the election" and "People harping on Biden about Gaza is making people like him less and is dangerous in an election year"

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

lmao

e: we need to find out stancil's account name

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

now they’re willing to gamble the welfare of hundreds of millions of people to win a Twitter argument

if you're opponent is so committed to their cause that they're capable of doing this, and it looks like it's going to work, why wouldn't you at least consider giving them their due?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Phone posted:

2016 was the only election I didn't vote in - I was camped at standing rock; I hitchhiked to and camped at the rnc and dnc earlier that summer. I was a Bernie guy. I was a bit accelerationist. A fully radicalized anarchist. I also read these forums so I'm not a totally oblivious rube. I am still radicalized, but I am also radically opposed to accelerationism. The lesson I've learned is that it burns the poorest, the most disenfranchised, first - and then burns upward from there. The key point is that there is an international fascist machine attempting to take the reigns of the US federal apparatus and that international fascist machine is very clearly pushing accelerationism and is lined up ready to take over the vacuum. The federal apparatus will not crumble, it will transform into a new even more monstrous machine.

Biden, to me, represents the #occupy movement gaining significant influence of the dnc's platform.

Pete '28 is the best possible future I can forsee. The best course to pursue. I will exert my limited influence thusly.

I remember standing rock had tension between the serious protestors and the weird hanger on campers coming to vibe out at a big protest event

I’m pretty sure I can tell what side of the camp he was on

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

did they know her shirt said DIMEBAGS when they arranged this photo op?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

HermitSupplier posted:

How do liberals simultaneously think "People don't actually care about Gaza and it won't affect the election" and "People harping on Biden about Gaza is making people like him less and is dangerous in an election year"

its like voting, you can either post about :

1. Biden helping to commit a genocide

or

2. How we must all unite behind Biden to defeat the Orange menace

that's it. those are your options. So while no one cares about the people of Gaza and you're wasting your time on a nothingburger, it does mean that every post you make could have been a pro-Biden post and that's the true loss. Biden is owed your active and vocal support so any issues that you're discussing other than that are taking away from Biden what he deserves. you monster.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The 99% hitler people really don't understand why the sales pitch of saving 1% on hitler costs is only good at getting people to simply opt out of our electoral farce.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

chapo derangement syndrome

HermitSupplier
Sep 19, 2023

Asproigerosis posted:

The 99% hitler people really don't understand why the sales pitch of saving 1% on hitler costs is only good at getting people to simply opt out of our electoral farce.

"Wow, you're letting that 1% get genocided just to virtue signal" they cry as they vote for the guy genociding the other 99%. Can't wait for a few decades to pass and liberals of the future will look back like "Can you believe the communists didn't rally behind us? It's a shame we had to join the fascists because of that."

Trabisnikof posted:

Biden is owed your active and vocal support so any issues that you're discussing other than that are taking away from Biden what he deserves. you monster.

"I know we said last election was THE MOST important election ever to SAVE DEMOCRACY, but you're never gonna believe what I got to tell you about this upcoming one... and the one after that... and the one after that..."

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

by citing that particular polling question he's attempting to correlate sympathy toward israel vs. gaza to voting outcomes, which is just bizarre, but even so he should pay attention to where young people & black people show up on that.

I knew patrick gaspard was an obama guy but I didn't know what he had to do with matty's meltdown but I guess he's got neera's old job at CAP now in the revolving door at the succers' hotel. Still, he (and/or CAP) are tepidly opposing biden on genocide, which is more than the vast majority of dem-affiliated nonprofits are doing.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

HermitSupplier posted:

:umberto:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

HermitSupplier posted:

they'll think whatever they want to justify not changing their views

you need to stop, but also I don't need to respect you

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021

HermitSupplier posted:

it all works out if you assume that everyone but you is a mindless drone who parrots the last opinion to enter their ears

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's reasonable to think that Biden doesn't deserve to win reelection after supporting a genocide and also think that Trump doesn't deserve a second term for a billion reasons and be scared of what him and the republican party will do if he wins again.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

SixteenShells posted:

it all works out if you assume that everyone but you is a mindless drone who parrots the last opinion to enter their ears

I am. But I only ever listen to good and right opinions

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

loquacius posted:

you need to stop, but also I don't need to respect you

been sayin' this

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mcmagic posted:

It's reasonable to think that Biden doesn't deserve to win reelection after supporting a genocide and also think that Trump doesn't deserve a second term for a billion reasons and be scared of what him and the republican party will do if he wins again.

deserve has nothing to do with it

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

the convention hasn’t happened yet so maybe just… don’t nominate genocide Joe?

no, no, I’m sure we can still crack the whip on anyone under 45

HermitSupplier
Sep 19, 2023
We have no other options - we've tried nothing and none of it worked!!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

SixteenShells posted:

Lol
"Push him left after the election" became "Give him a chance, he hasn't been in the job that long". That became "Shut up with the lefty poo poo, it's an important congressional election year" which became "It's costing us valuable time and money telling you 'no' so many times, go away already".

what's easier —— biden changing course on israel/gaza, or convincing a potential swing-sized portion of the electorate to care less about gaza?? :thunk:

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

mcmagic posted:

good news you can just not vote for either

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

bedpan posted:

deserve has nothing to do with it

In fact, if you go by ‘deserve’ as your standard, Trump was absolutely the president we deserved

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

what's easier —— biden changing course on israel/gaza, or convincing a potential swing-sized portion of the electorate to care less about gaza?? :thunk:

well the first one is actually impossible, so

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

it's even dumber, they thought that a speech where he promised to stop sending bombs if Israel crossed this red line they've already crossed would satisfy their base without alienating the nevertrumpers they think will save them, instead of pissing off everyone

it's centrism.txt

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

gradenko_2000 posted:

if you're opponent is so committed to their cause that they're capable of doing this, and it looks like it's going to work, why wouldn't you at least consider giving them their due?

Because that'd set a dangerous precedent of being expected to actually do things your voters want you to do.

Much easier to just browbeat and gaslight everyone into submission.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Phone posted:

2016 was the only election I didn't vote in - I was camped at standing rock; I hitchhiked to and camped at the rnc and dnc earlier that summer. I was a Bernie guy. I was a bit accelerationist. A fully radicalized anarchist. I also read these forums so I'm not a totally oblivious rube. I am still radicalized, but I am also radically opposed to accelerationism. The lesson I've learned is that it burns the poorest, the most disenfranchised, first - and then burns upward from there. The key point is that there is an international fascist machine attempting to take the reigns of the US federal apparatus and that international fascist machine is very clearly pushing accelerationism and is lined up ready to take over the vacuum. The federal apparatus will not crumble, it will transform into a new even more monstrous machine.

Biden, to me, represents the #occupy movement gaining significant influence of the dnc's platform.

Pete '28 is the best possible future I can forsee. The best course to pursue. I will exert my limited influence thusly.

i know who that is without searching. fully hosed up type of guy.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Dixon Chisholm posted:

i know who that is without searching. fully hosed up type of guy.

The mayor Pete bit gives it away immediately although he does have a distinct enough posting voice I think o would have picked out it was him without it

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

HermitSupplier posted:

It's important to remember that the succlibs honestly and truly believe in their heart of hearts that anyone who disagrees with them from the left is an idiot child who needs to be talked down to slowly and as condescendingly as possible because there's no point in negotiating with a screaming toddler.

No matter how well crafted or reasoned an argument you make, all they hear is "Wah! I want candy for dinner! I want a unicorn! I want a new toy!"
It is literally the only thing their brain translates to them when you express your concerns about genocide or anything else that refutes their assigned narrative.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the_steve posted:

It's important to remember that the succlibs honestly and truly believe in their heart of hearts that anyone who disagrees with them from the left is an idiot child who needs to be talked down to slowly and as condescendingly as possible because there's no point in negotiating with a screaming toddler.

No matter how well crafted or reasoned an argument you make, all they hear is "Wah! I want candy for dinner! I want a unicorn! I want a new toy!"
It is literally the only thing their brain translates to them when you express your concerns about genocide or anything else that refutes their assigned narrative.

it cannot be any other way, because it would force them to acknowledge they've sacrificed the principles they claim to espouse on the dual altars of "rationality" and "pragmatism"

but compromising with fascists is totes cool though

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

cant wait for this freak to disappear

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the_steve posted:

Having become the parent of a toddler and seeing what a toddler is like has really reinforced the core concept here for me, that dem loyalists view anyone with a real opinion on anything beyond tie color preference as a toddler

A toddler really will throw a screaming fit because they want to play with the humidifier even though it's not a toy and they're too physically uncoordinated to play with it without spilling water everywhere, and you really do have to just get them to shut up about it by hook or by crook rather than even consider letting them have their way (yes, this happened in my house this morning)

If you infantilize young adults, and assume anyone with leftist views is a young adult (also male, unemployed, no girlfriend, lives in parents' basement (derogatory), etc) you can apply this same logic to anything they say without having to examine their points

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

An important note for this analogy is that by only responding with anger and condescension Dem loyalists are also revealing themselves as terrible parents

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Good Citizen posted:

good news you can just not vote for either

I won't be. But one of them is going to win.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Don't need to read anymore Will or Wu or other dancing R commentators. Joe Biden is going to lose by historic proportions.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

mcmagic posted:

But one of them is going to win.

:monocle:

It is very funny how libs act like this is the most shocking information ever that should make one immediately go "Oh my God, I have to vote for Biden to stop Trump, I didn't realize one of them was going to win!", goes back to that "thinks of the left as a child" mentality

I'm speaking generally here, not calling mcmagic out specifically for this particular argument, even though he is very lib brained with thinking everyone who says "Biden sucks" is also saying "but I love Trump"

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

mcmagic posted:

I won't be. But one of them is going to win.

you don't know that

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

WampaLord posted:

:monocle:

It is very funny how libs act like this is the most shocking information ever that should make one immediately go "Oh my God, I have to vote for Biden to stop Trump, I didn't realize one of them was going to win!", goes back to that "thinks of the left as a child" mentality

I'm speaking generally here, not calling mcmagic out specifically for this particular argument, even though he is very lib brained with thinking everyone who says "Biden sucks" is also saying "but I love Trump"

There are people in this very thread who love trump!

Low Desert Punk posted:

you don't know that

yeah i do lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

thats right