Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Not feeling good about the AEW deal. I don't think you can look at Zaslov's track record and trust him or his leaders to make a good to great deal with AEW. The NBA is such a big component of their TV lineup and now it's completely gone. The NHL just doesn't compare. The guy has endlessly fumbled since the merger and I don't see it ending here. I do think they end up making a deal but at this point you can't be surprised if he fucks it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

UnleashedDad posted:

Not feeling good about the AEW deal. I don't think you can look at Zaslov's track record and trust him or his leaders to make a good to great deal with AEW. The NBA is such a big component of their TV lineup and now it's completely gone. The NHL just doesn't compare. The guy has endlessly fumbled since the merger and I don't see it ending here. I do think they end up making a deal but at this point you can't be surprised if he fucks it up.

The NBA wanted twice their current deal for regular season games with no conference finals or playoffs.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
I know the details of what went down and I'm not disagreeing that it is a bit lopsided but big picture it is a huge loss

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

UnleashedDad posted:

that just means they're gonna give Tony two billion dollars

a dumb moron
Mar 19, 2024

augh

UnleashedDad posted:

Zaslav was placed as CEO specifically to sell off or get rid of all their assets and eventually sell WBD. He hasn’t fumbled anything; he’s doing exactly what he was brought on to do.

My understanding is, from a money standpoint, AEW is a great deal for them.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The best hope for AEW is that Warner doesn’t give a poo poo about it and just lets it keep doing what it’s doing. The second they pay attention it’s probably gone from their channels and ends up on Tubi or Pluto

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

The best hope for AEW is that Warner doesn’t give a poo poo about it and just lets it keep doing what it’s doing. The second they pay attention it’s probably gone from their channels and ends up on Tubi or Pluto
Tubi is great don't tempt me with visions of it getting better

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

Was there ever any doubt re: FTR Legally Not Gun? Like how the hell do you prosecute that case based on what some dude said hours after it happened? Even if the traffic cam showed his hideous jeep swerving on I-4, you’d still have to see the gun in frame for anything to stick

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

early rumblings from Dave is that AEW is not getting renewed by WB

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Garrett’s son on the board just confirmed this 😔

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

a dumb moron posted:

Zaslav was placed as CEO specifically to sell off or get rid of all their assets and eventually sell WBD. He hasn’t fumbled anything; he’s doing exactly what he was brought on to do.

My understanding is, from a money standpoint, AEW is a great deal for them.

zaslov cancels all programming, sublicenses ridiculousness from mtv, airs it across all wbd channels 24/7, is hailed as a media genius and is given hundreds of millions of dollars

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

C. Everett Koop posted:

zaslov cancels all programming, sublicenses ridiculousness from mtv, airs it across all wbd channels 24/7, is hailed as a media genius and is given hundreds of millions of dollars

why would they hail him as a genius for doing what mtv already did

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

post hole digger posted:

why would they hail him as a genius for doing what mtv already did

media genius david zaslov does not need to explain his genius to mere commoners

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

AEW Collision 378,000 0.12
AEW Rampage: 324,000 0.11

this fed's finished

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Third hour is happening for sure.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Might be time for NXT to go back to Wednesday night

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Eat My Fuc posted:

this fed's finished

Eat My Fuc posted:

Might be time for NXT to go back to Wednesday night

Smartest Cody fans.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

this fed's finished

[smashes my head with a croquet mallet] when you consider the competition and the decline of live television ratings this is a much better number than Raw’s

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

aew was actually going up against other shows that people wanted to watch

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dynamite always in the way of my Probst Posting. Tony, you're off the island!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave has speculated that USA may want to move Smackdown from Fridays given its considered a horrible night for TV and I wonder if they may move to Wednesday (despite it actually being an even worse night for TV)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They should, Cody losing to his old show every week would be funny as hell.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

There’s no world where AEW beats RAW or Smackdown in the ratings right now, even as a bit it’s too implausible

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

https://x.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1790487846044000609?s=46&t=YjAdrC5z2HpTKJK1s-6pYw

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Hmmmmm didn’t think the check the aew thread but it appears that tweet has already been posted

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You can find many terminal cases in this very thread. 😔

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

You can find many terminal cases in this very thread. 😔

That’s why I didn’t edit it out. There are people who need to see this

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MJeff posted:

Smartest Cody fans.

Cody fans live the gimmick and you hate them for it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Anyways the show isn't getting renewed because TV is dying and the future of entertainment is AI and live broadcasts of violent crime

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

live broadcasts of violent crime

need a link to this

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Gumball Gumption posted:

Anyways the show isn't getting renewed because TV is dying and the future of entertainment is AI and live broadcasts of violent crime

But enough about Rampage

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

neoaxd posted:

need a link to this

You don't watch the news?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MJeff posted:

They should, Cody losing to his old show every week would be funny as hell.

I know you're a hangman fan but I think you've been hitting your head to much

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tweedle dee and tweedle dumbass' brain worms must've eaten the part that discerns the difference between broadcast and cable. :(

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MJeff posted:

Tweedle dee and tweedle dumbass' brain worms must've eaten the part that discerns the difference between broadcast and cable. :(

It's understandable. In the uk they're both called 'the aw tuney-inny'

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MJeff posted:

easy pardner

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i heard danhausen is riding out the remainder of his deal and will be going to wwe

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Dave just confirmed this. Same for Adam Page

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Shard posted:

Dave just confirmed this. Same for Adam Page

🤞🤞

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i heard danhausen is riding out the remainder of his deal and will be going to wwe mlw

Let's be honest here