Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Crystal palace is like sixth on the form table since their new manager took over. Big new manager bounce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

League Six Sigma

lol

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Casemiro is not going to like the daily sprints

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Jim Ratcliffe seems like he’d be a very unpleasant person to work for.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Thanks Ants posted:

League Six Sigma

wonderful

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Premiere League May (it's may): Nobody wants to work at Manchester United anymore

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Parity warning posted:

Premiere League May (it's may): Nobody wants to work at Manchester United anymore

Nah it’s gotta be the lean sigma one

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
everybody show up at 9am sharp, we're going to do some serious football sums and send a lot of emails to try and improve garnacho's haircut

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!

Thanks Ants posted:

League Six Sigma

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
they certainly can't do agile playing Evans and Casemiro at the back

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

asking harry maguire to do sprints might be stretching his limits

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

webmeister posted:

they certainly can't do agile playing Evans and Casemiro at the back

Vegetable posted:

We are absolutely finding synergies with the jokes around here. Good stuff.

Doesn’t Ineos also own OGC Nice? And make an absolute hash of running that club at the start as well?

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Vegetable posted:

we'll just review his performance in the retro

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Room's going to get really uncomfortable when someone asks Mason Greenwood for his stories.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

shut up blegum posted:

That makes no sense. If you're in the office, your co-workers are right there and you don't have to send them emails.
Also lol at thinking "more emails=working harder" while it's literally the opposite 99% of the time

If I had to guess when everyone's at home you can grab people immediately on whatever godforesaken Slack or equivalent they use. Whereas in the office everyone is always away from the desk at useless meetings so you email.

Betjeman
Jul 14, 2004

Biker, Biker, Biker GROOVE!
There is the off chance that nobody working for United gives a poo poo and is sleeping off a hangover instead

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Noel Gallaghers kid having the same hair cut as Noel Gallagher is the saddest thing I've seen all week.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Phwoar what an advanced stat:

https://twitter.com/Chris_G_Howard/status/1789735987184066762

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

4th place trophy baby

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
lol

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1790275099980939674

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
all this insane infrastructure we built from the last 15 years just came from believing really strongly

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Nuclear Spoon posted:

all this insane infrastructure we built from the last 15 years just came from believing really strongly

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Profit and sustainability champions, you'll never sing that

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Manchester City don’t spend that much on players

Please don’t ask how many nice houses and yachts and piles of cash the UAE coincidentally gifted to players’ agents and families and so on

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Petty Pep would never cheat.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nuclear Spoon posted:

it's also unbelievable how much better they got at signing players once they swapped out whoever was there early on with Txiki Begiristain, and it's also just unfathomable how much worse Barcelona got after he left there. and wouldn't you believe it, Txiki had worked with Pep before and knew what he wanted for a playing squad...such coincidences!

almost like money alone doesn't buy good players, but spotting talent then having more than enough leverage to pay whatever is necessary for them is really important!

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Pep has only ever managed the richest club in the respective league he's worked so you can't expect him to have any perspective on the real world

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

hmm, ok what about before the last 5/6 years then Pep?

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

My “don’t look at our wage bill shirt” etc etc

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
sure we illegally spent billions under the table to set up an unshakeable foundation for success over the last fifteen years, but that's ancient history and if you only look at our financials for the last six months then we've spent less than our rivals so clearly money doesn't buy success!!

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

jesus WEP posted:

Manchester City don’t spend that much on players

Please don’t ask how many nice houses and yachts and piles of cash the UAE coincidentally gifted to players’ agents and families and so on

It was so nice of City to be understanding about Roberto Mancini's temporary side hustle as a Abu Dhabi club consultant.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

harperdc posted:

it's also unbelievable how much better they got at signing players once they swapped out whoever was there early on with Txiki Begiristain, and it's also just unfathomable how much worse Barcelona got after he left there. and wouldn't you believe it, Txiki had worked with Pep before and knew what he wanted for a playing squad...such coincidences!

almost like money alone doesn't buy good players, but spotting talent then having more than enough leverage to pay whatever is necessary for them is really important!

Ah yes, Barcelona, another bastion of integrity.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Spain had such a great few years in a few different sports there huh, just don't look for the blood samples.

Brendan Rodgers fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 14, 2024

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Villa are in the Champions League, loving hell lol. I can't believe it. What a rollercoaster 10 years it's been since we got relegated.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Frankston posted:

Villa are in the Champions League, loving hell lol. I can't believe it. What a rollercoaster 10 years it's been since we got relegated.

God bless Hawkeye, eh?

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Frankston posted:

it’s a good ebening

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Frankston posted:

Stevie g gonna appeal it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Save us David Moyes and West Ham