Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier, crispix)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Naaahhh you jest. You ARE a Brit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

get one of those huge toasters with a conveyor belt like you get in hotels

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

kecske posted:

get one of those huge toasters with a conveyor belt like you get in hotels

Take this to it's logical extreme, central block toasting.

Share the load of toasting between multiple households. Can be shortened to CB..
oh

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

cock and ball toasting

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I only cook in an industrial conveyor pizza oven. It's amazing but you have to remember not to put your tea in a plastic cup.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

kecske posted:

cock and ball toasting

Here's to cocks and balls!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Cognitive Ball Toasting

History Comes Inside! posted:

Much like everything else on the blighted isles we nicked all the good and diverse bits from other places so it’s a fair cop :britain:
It does get a bit problematic at times, like that thing where seppos mocked British Chinese food to the point where they sounded identical to an old Bernard Manning skit putting on an accent and going on about pork balls, and British Asians loving told them that.

Same with British Caribbean food, the bad part was all the slavery and genocide, not the fact that there's a bunch of people who consider themselves as British as Andrew Bonar Law and make a delicious beef patty.

There's no way to differentiate that from some false idea of 'actual Britain' without sounding like Nick Griffin going on about how he's an indligious britan and there taking all the whites away. Even the so-called Anglo-Saxon invasions involved people from the Malian Empire bringing trading goods to the south coast.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Remember when Nick Griffin tried to pivot to a family cooking show on YouTube?

The look on his daughter's face as he serves is funny as hell and retroactively even funnier after you learn she turned out just as bad as him.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If anyone wants to talk poo poo about british chinese food they can fight me about it after I finish my prawn cracker full of chips and sweet and sour sauce.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

Remember when Nick Griffin tried to pivot to a family cooking show on YouTube?

The look on his daughter's face as he serves is funny as hell and retroactively even funnier after you learn she turned out just as bad as him.
Always liked Charlie Brooker's Screenwipe joke about it; if you don't like the food you can always send it back where it came from.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I haven't found a toaster that makes good scrambled eggs yet :(

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
First place them in a bowl, and whisk until the whites are thoroughly mixed. *gets kicked off of the Nick Griffin cooking hour*

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
The owner of Royal Mail has accepted a £3.5bn bid for the postal company from a Czech billionaire after he ramped up the value of the takeover, creating a political headache for the government.

I think that leaves the NHS as the only essential service that's not entirely under foreign ownership?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Wasn't it someone on here who made cheese toasties by placing the toaster on one side.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wonder if you could make money selling a toaster that loads like a casette deck.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

If anyone wants to talk poo poo about british chinese food they can fight me about it after I finish my prawn cracker full of chips and sweet and sour sauce.

I will join you as soon as I finish this crispy duck pancake and chicken with cashew nuts

Sometimes I look at the Chinese places on Just Eats and think about ordering something a little more authentically Chinese and then I remember how a forkful of crispy sweet and sour chicken and egg fried rice tastes and snap back to reality.

E: ^^^ you could and you know it

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I did have a really delicious salt and pepper chicken when I was in manchester off the noodle bar but my local doesn't do it which is a shame.

Will stick with my peking ribs and prawn fried rice.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I wonder if you could make money selling a toaster that loads like a casette deck.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Next time you’re in Manchester go to Salt and Pepper, I think they’re still based in Blackdog Ballroom in the Northern Quarter. They had to move from the Arndale market because they were too busy and they’d have had to invest in better ventilation. Absolutely unreal bit of lunch.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i went to naples this weekend and while i lost my phone i did get served some gluten free focaccia out of a hole in the wall

https://www.google.com/maps/place/O...xzfrs?entry=ttu

in case you know any other coeliacs interested in visiting naples

didn't get to see pompei but the amalfi coast is as beautiful as they say

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jakabite posted:

Next time you’re in Manchester go to Salt and Pepper, I think they’re still based in Blackdog Ballroom in the Northern Quarter. They had to move from the Arndale market because they were too busy and they’d have had to invest in better ventilation. Absolutely unreal bit of lunch.

Looks great on the website, the logo also rings a bell, I wonder if I walked past it?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Jakabite posted:

Agreeing with this.

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?

Jakabite posted:

I thought black dog ballroom suddenly and mysteriously closed.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

no mystery; turns out the dog was an XL bully

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd1q1d51w27o

quote:

Boil water warning after parasite found

People across south Devon have been advised to boil their tap water as 22 cases of a diarrhoea-type illness have been confirmed.

A further 70 suspected cases are also being investigated.

The UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) said the parasite, cryptosporidium, was "predominantly a waterborne disease".

Infections can be caused by drinking contaminated water or swallowing it in swimming pools or streams.

South West Water (SWW) said the Hillhead reservoir and the wider Alston area was being investigated as a potential cause for the outbreak.

Dr Lincoln Sargeant, director of Public Health in Torbay, said about 40,000 people get their tap water from the reservoir.

“In terms of people who have actually been affected we have to date 22 confirmed cases and about 70 to 100 people have contacted their GP with similar symptoms over the last few days.”

SWW has urged residents across Brixham, Boohay, Kingswear, Roseland and north-east Paignton to boil their tap water.

A heads up if you have friends or family in the area.
:itwaspoo:

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Is that the Angry Video Game Nerd's toaster?

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

I think he already had a controlling stake since the privatisation, so it doesn't matter too much. TBH I don't get why he's keeping it nevermind buying more, it's been bleeding money. Maybe they're hoping for a government bailout.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i went to naples this weekend and while i lost my phone i did get served some gluten free focaccia out of a hole in the wall

https://www.google.com/maps/place/O...xzfrs?entry=ttu

in case you know any other coeliacs interested in visiting naples

didn't get to see pompei but the amalfi coast is as beautiful as they say
I’ve added it a GF list in case I ever do go to Naples, cheers 👍🏻

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Looks great on the website, the logo also rings a bell, I wonder if I walked past it?

I think they might have a stall in the Piccadilly market now, coulda been that! For something a bit different, the Jian Bing hut outside Burgee King is awesome and not something I’ve ever eaten elsewhere.

Black Dog closed?!?! Aw gently caress, I made a lot of bad decisions in there, it will be missed.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cd1q1d51w27o

A heads up if you have friends or family in the area.
:itwaspoo:

quote:

Cryptosporidium is a microscopic parasite that causes the diarrheal disease cryptosporidiosis. Both the parasite and the disease are commonly known as “Crypto.”
Ah, the disease that makes poo poo come out of someone's mouth whenever someone mentions gold, currency, fiat, or fractional reserve.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I don't know if anyone remembers my post a few months back about getting scary letters demanding money I didn't owe from HMRC and my separate post more recently about somehow overpaying my student loan by £2000 or so.

Turns out the two things were linked! HMRC sent that money to Student Loans in error and were charging me for it. Now SLC has sent the money back to HMRC and I got what's as close to an apology letter from HMRC as I guess I'm going to get.

Somewhere in all this I'm getting a cheque for £377.00, which I'll send to Gaza.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

The Brian portrait reminds me of an album cover, but I can't extract the album name from my brain.

This may haunt me for seconds or days.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Broken Social Scene?

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/paulmasonnews/status/1790792470202114524?t=c7mK0-sXs4mD3TNcNUpmnA&s=19

Lol

G1mby
Jun 8, 2014
Toasterchat - hunt eBay for one one of these incredible things : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OfxlSG6q5Y

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
My order in a Chinese is contained somewhere in Big Johns order here

https://youtube.com/shorts/qW9I8HZEFVo?si=hxMi9ihIJxgTY5Ct

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oh so he's not just knifing Corbyn in the back, he's trying to trade on his name to get in.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He's not gonna make selection lmao.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

So my toaster, which has a microchip in it, and is old enough to have seen me through two great recessions, several moves, and a pandemic, as well as being in an an actual museum seems to have finally died beyond the point of repair.

Which leaves me in a blind spot worthy of an Adrian Chiles op-ed. Do they still do toasters any more or is there just an app? How is butty form? Is everything an Amazon/AliExpress Quaffworf branded plorplap now?

But in all seriousness, what thread recommendations are there for toasters that are good for multiple breads without being a giant cube of kitchen space consumption these days?

Get that £400 Japanese toaster that only toasts one slice of bread, but toasts it so perfectly that it makes you stand up and take a walk when you bite down. As a bonus

OwlFancier posted:

It doesn't load like a cassette deck, but it does look like an Atari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlIdXjlnwbs&t=457s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

The labour party really needs to stop supporting Paul Mason's humiliation fetish