Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian AU posted:

The Labor senator Fatima Payman has accused Israel of committing genocide against Palestinians in Gaza, and has questioned how many deaths will be enough for the prime minister, Anthony Albanese, to declare “enough”.

Breaking ranks with her party by using the label genocide, Payman told SBS News today:
My conscience has been uneasy for far too long. And I must call this out for what it is. This is a genocide and we need to stop pretending otherwise.

The lack of clarity, the moral confusion, the indecisiveness is eating at the heart of this nation. It is dividing and confusing the nation. Hundreds of thousands are on the streets, encampments are taking place across the universities. Multiculturalism is at stake. Social cohesion is at stake. I bring you not only my voice, but the voice of those who I represent and the voice of the communities that I speak to. We cannot be disconnected from the people of Australia, the young of this nation are telling us and we are silencing them. The future of this nation is speaking and we are silencing them instead of advocating for justice.

Payman said Australia should be standing up for freedom and human dignity:
I ask the prime minister and our fellow parliamentarians: how many international rights laws must Israel break for us to say enough? What is the magic number? How many lives need to be lost … how many mass graves need to be uncovered before we say enough? … How many Palestinian lives are enough to call this violence against them terrorism? How many lives does it does it take to call this a genocide?

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
nsw government have decided to go hard one KNIFECRIME, as KNIFECRIME is the new bad thing

cops will be given new powers to wand you for knives without cause

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Regular Wario posted:

nsw government have decided to go hard one KNIFECRIME, as KNIFECRIME is the new bad thing

cops will be given new powers to wand you for knives without cause

Is this before or after they strip searched you for being a teenage girl who might have done a drug once?

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
she might have a drug knife in her cavities

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If we can't carry knives how the gently caress are we supposed to get limited edition sneakers

mahershalalhashbaz
Jul 22, 2021

by Pragmatica
i thought crocodile dundee made knife-offs a beloved national tradition. these people need to make up their drat minds

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
KNIFECRIME sounds like the name of a really hard drill album that i'll soon be hearing about on A Current Affair.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
https://youtu.be/Qf_ZgPmT2WI?si=4F37p68R0carWvWj

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i wonder if nsw will commission a statue to the knife god like the british did

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

JBP posted:

Lol google actually deleted unisuper's cloud services account

Primary and backup, unisuper had to go to a daily tertiary backup with a different host and attempt to reconstruct transactions that occurred between last backup and the outage.

Insane poo poo.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

...We can all agree that we shouldn't be shaming people on the way they look, but even so just lmao

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

GrandMaster posted:

Lol they deleted both the primary and disaster recovery instances

Thankfully, they had a third instance with a separate company.

Bet there's an IT guy who fought like hell for that and got poo poo for years from the executives over it. Now they get to gloat.

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

SecretOfSteel posted:

...We can all agree that we shouldn't be shaming people on the way they look, but even so just lmao

came to post this lol

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

SecretOfSteel posted:

It's fine to shame billionaires for how they look hth

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

SecretOfSteel posted:

Set it into the foundation so it cant be removed

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Streisand effect strikes again.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
When I was a kid you were encouraged to carry a knife around. It's weird that they don't want you doing that now.

Also, anyone concerned about cost of living who looks at the Liberals as their saviour deserves what they get.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Never failing to disappoint:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-05-16/scott-morrison-donald-trump-aukus-autobiography/103854096

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Regular Wario posted:

Set it into the foundation so it cant be removed

Please don't post Fear and Hunger 3 boss spoilers in the thread.

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

The libs would put a Trump statue on an altar right next to their John Howard one given half a chance.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

SecretOfSteel posted:

The libs would put a Trump statue on an altar right next to their John Howard one given half a chance.

A car I often see when driving to work has a huge Donald Trump face decal on the back window, which is a deeply weird thing to have.

Like nobody's investing in an Angela Merkel decal for their VW.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Thankfully, they had a third instance with a separate company.

Bet there's an IT guy who fought like hell for that and got poo poo for years from the executives over it. Now they get to gloat.

I’m 99% sure said it guy got outsourced a month or so prior to this

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Konomex posted:

When I was a kid you were encouraged to carry a knife around. It's weird that they don't want you doing that now.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

hooman posted:

A car I often see when driving to work has a huge Donald Trump face decal on the back window, which is a deeply weird thing to have.

Like nobody's investing in an Angela Merkel decal for their VW.

In my area we briefly had a store which sold American candy and bongs/shisha and their logo was a gigantic chibi Trump smoking a massive joint, it was hilarious and grotesque. They closed down pretty quickly and google maps street view didn't save a photo of their storefront

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I've seen a couple of Q bumper sticker with the WWG1WGA tagline as well. Can't our cranks make something more interesting than that imported seppo bullshit?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Megabound posted:

I've seen a couple of Q bumper sticker with the WWG1WGA tagline as well. Can't our cranks make something more interesting than that imported seppo bullshit?

I think "Don't welcome me to my own country" is pretty home grown :smith:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

EoinCannon posted:

I think "Don't welcome me to my own country" is pretty home grown :smith:

Yeah but that's just boring racism instead of a secret shadow government run by a dead Kennedy. All I'm asking for is a little creativity

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Solemn Sloth posted:

I’m 99% sure said it guy got outsourced a month or so prior to this

The manager who approved this went to work at a major health care provider who just got ransom wared.

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

SecretOfSteel posted:

Someone should mod that painting into that mirror scene at the start of Disco Elysium when you're trying to decide if your face exudes superstardom.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Megabound posted:

That storm is definitely coming ANY DAY NOW.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hooman posted:

That storm is definitely coming ANY DAY NOW.

Even Bucky's favourite podcast has given up talking about Q anon

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

quote:

The NSW premier, Chris Minns, has sacked upper house MP Anthony D’Adam from his parliamentary secretary role after comments made in parliament on Wednesday night criticising police handling of pro-Palestinian protesters.

D’Adam told the parliament that police had used“ fear and intimidation” on three protesters who were arrested at a “die-in” protest event in March in the Sydney CBD.

In a statement on Thursday afternoon, Minns said he had revoked D’Adam’s role as the Parliamentary Secretary for Customer Service and Digital Government, Parliamentary Secretary for Emergency Services, and Parliamentary Secretary for Youth Justice. He said it was done because D’Adam refused to withdraw his comments:

Mr D’Adam did not raise his criticisms about NSW Police with me, the Police Minister or with NSW Police. The first we heard about it was his speech in Parliament.
Mr D’Adam’s comments do not represent the views of the NSW Government.
I have formed the view that his actions and criticisms of the NSW Police, without at any time speaking with colleagues to convey his concerns in relation to this matter, are incompatible with his position as Parliamentary Secretary.
The NSW Police Force does an incredible and extremely difficult job and they have the full support of the NSW Government.

Piss Binns loves the cops so much

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.

Megabound posted:

Yeah but that's just boring racism instead of a secret shadow government run by a dead Kennedy. All I'm asking for is a little creativity

Who would Australian Q even be? Harold Holt?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just saw some of the other portraits in the exhibition. Gina Reinhardt is the biggest loving sook, hers isn't even the least flattering

*Edit* Olympic swimmers bankrolled by her have also asked for it to be removed. She's the loving worst

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

EoinCannon posted:

I just saw some of the other portraits in the exhibition. Gina Reinhardt is the biggest loving sook, hers isn't even the least flattering

*Edit* Olympic swimmers bankrolled by her have also asked for it to be removed. She's the loving worst

That portrait of QE2 is amazing, it should be on stamps

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Bad news Skippy https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-05-15/king-charles-australian-coins-full-set-2024/103846914

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Looks like ai

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
The opposition leader tells Ferguson he could save billions from the budget bottom line by cutting public servant jobs.

"The government's employed 36,000 more public servants in Canberra at a cost of $24 billion over four years," he says.

"The entire defence force is made up of 58,000 men and women."

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Anidav posted:

The opposition leader tells Ferguson he could save billions from the budget bottom line by cutting public servant jobs.

"The government's employed 36,000 more public servants in Canberra at a cost of $24 billion over four years," he says.

"The entire defence force is made up of 58,000 men and women."

Where is this lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
ABC and guardian live blog, Dutton wants to fund nuclear power plants by cutting 40bil from the public service.