Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Main Paineframe posted:

Is this the rumored left-wing empathy and concern for personal freedoms at work? Because it really reads more like fascists demanding the slaughter of their political opponents based on weak pretexts. Good to know it's okay for police to kill non-violent protesters en masse over minor property crimes and "mere words" as long as they're white and own guns!

Sorry, my empathy is only for the underprivileged and minorities.

Entitled right wing assholes deserve and will receive my scorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

SubponticatePoster posted:

WTF is this outfit? Cowboy hat, ok sure. Leather biker jacket? A scarf that would be completely at home in the Castro? Knockoff Oakleys from a frathouse? Vaping??

:psypop:

I think we now know where all the dildos went.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Who What Now posted:

You heard it here first folks, it is everyone's God-given rights* to break into any building you want, point your guns at and threaten to kill whoever you want, and steal whatever you want, whenever you want.

*Only white people have rights

I dunno, usually the police threads get all whiny when local cops shoot someone who has committed no violence solely because they possessed a gun, broke into a building, committed a property crime, or said scary things! Typically it's suggested that the police should have nonviolently talked them down, and that it would be inappropriate to escalate a situation against someone who has yet to use violence, even if they said something threatening but made no effort to follow up on that threat with action. Laws which allow law enforcement to presume that someone is violent and use lethal force against them simply because they possess a firearm are also a popular target for criticism. Unless they're both white and right-wing, apparently, in which case every angry word about taking down the government should be treated like a murder charge and followed up with violence!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
^^^^^^
I unironically agree with all of that.

LeoMarr posted:

Aren't you the guy who blamed Ferguson on the Police.

Am I?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

The person who called this a "militia fantasy camp" was dead-on

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

STAC Goat posted:

HAHAHA! They want a bomb squad to check their mail from FBI bombs.

God. Must remember they're serious threats and not clowns. Must remember they're serious threats and not clowns. Must remember they're serious threats and not clowns.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
"If you have any problems, approach the 3%ers. We will work with you."

Yes approach the armed men playing soldier.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

Must remember they're serious threats and not clowns.

They can be both, just like NovoRossiya

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Where's the 55gallon drum of lube?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

At least Bundy is saying he doesn't need his mail screened for him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fair enough. Not JUST clowns. As I learned when I was young and accidentally watched It, clowns can be scary too.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Crain posted:

probably won't show up same day

i'm still completely amazed that the fedex truck delivered directly to the compound recently

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Crain posted:

"If you have any problems, approach the 3%ers. We will work with you."*

Yes approach the armed men playing soldier.

Does not apply if you're the sheriff or FBI.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Main Paineframe posted:

even if they said something threatening but made no effort to follow up on that threat with action.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

No Butt Stuff posted:

At least Bundy is saying he doesn't need his mail screened for him.

I think the weirdest thing to me is seeing grades of crazy. As nuts as Bundy is "FBI sending us bombs" was a yard too far for him.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
ok, bundy needs to never be allowed to speak to the media

he's got this EARNESTNESS to his dumb ideas that would actually resonate with a lot of people if put on CNN

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Crain posted:

yeah I don't think that one is a Prime item

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Ok, ammon is going deeper into his "Land>wealth>control. End the FedGov" speech.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, he has a script? This poo poo is written out?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

theflyingorc posted:

he's got this EARNESTNESS to his dumb ideas that would actually resonate with a lot of people if put on CNN

But its utter gibberish.

Oh, right...

Stevie Wonder interrupting things!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Oh ok I see where he's going with this.

He's saying that the county not allowing his group to use a public building to have their meeting tomorrow is tyranny. But he's framing it as "the government isn't letting the people use their own buildings".

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

STAC Goat posted:

Wait, he has a script? This poo poo is written out?

yessssssss somebody's cell phone just went off with a ringtone that's just a knockoff of "superstitious"

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

STAC Goat posted:

HAHAHA! They want a bomb squad to check their mail from FBI bombs.

God. Must remember they're serious threats and not clowns. Must remember they're serious threats and not clowns. Must remember they're serious threats and not clowns.
Let's compromise and say they're seriously threatening clowns.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PETE YOU loving HACK. His phone isn't on silence and it went off in the middle of Ammon's talk. Ammon even gave him a "really dude?" look.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

Today's script is entirely "the federal government's overreach is why you can't put any money in your savings account." And the kind of people vulnerable to this kind of speech are also the kind of people who will go out and find it on youtube themselves.

Crain posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PETE YOU loving HACK. His phone isn't on silence and it went off in the middle of Ammon's talk. Ammon even gave him a "really dude?" look.

God dammit and I had JUST closed the tab because it was getting boring

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I guess I'm immune to that because my grandfather worked the gun show circuit and I was around these people in the pacific NW every summer during my childhood.

There are a lot of these crazies, and they've all been preaching this Ruby Ridge poo poo for decades.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

As a Millennial I posted:

Today's script is entirely "the federal government's overreach is why you can't put any money in your savings account." And the kind of people vulnerable to this kind of speech are also the kind of people who will go out and find it on youtube themselves.

God dammit and I had JUST closed the tab because it was getting boring

i think you're right that a lot of people would find it, but putting him on CNN would seriously be huge for his movement. he comes across as a really nice guy, and if you are a complete idiot he sounds like he knows what he's talking about - if you don't understand it's gibberish

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Main Paineframe posted:

I dunno, usually the police threads get all whiny when local cops shoot someone who has committed no violence solely because they possessed a gun, broke into a building, committed a property crime, or said scary things! Typically it's suggested that the police should have nonviolently talked them down, and that it would be inappropriate to escalate a situation against someone who has yet to use violence, even if they said something threatening but made no effort to follow up on that threat with action. Laws which allow law enforcement to presume that someone is violent and use lethal force against them simply because they possess a firearm are also a popular target for criticism. Unless they're both white and right-wing, apparently, in which case every angry word about taking down the government should be treated like a murder charge and followed up with violence!

There's a rather large difference between wishing law enforcement spend more than a few mins or seconds to assess whether an urban crazy with a gun is a danger (or actually crazy or actually in possesion of a gun) and being upset that rural crazies with a gun get two weeks and a wide berth (to put it lightly).

The first thing I said about all of this was "I don't want these guys shot dead, I just want 5 minutes of their not-shot-dead-immediately time donated to the inner city blacks being policed by people who automatically assume they are lethally dangerous right this second"

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jan 14, 2016

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

HA. Talking to some Nevada couple talking about getting pulled over for "NO REASON".

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

hahaha Les Schwab guy.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

No Butt Stuff posted:

hahaha Les Schwab guy.

yeah, good to know Quinn from Jaws is alive, well, and in Oregon

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Who is this lady he just walked away with?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
oh man, really good article explaining the thought processes of the people in the county, their opinions on the federal government, and how the government is the largest employer in the area:

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/behind_the_harney_county_standoff_decades_of_economic_decline.html#incart_maj-story-1

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I like how Pete has a real problem giving Ammon any amount of privacy.

He's got his camera on Ammon from a distance while he tries to talk privately with her.

Pete's going to blow this thing wide open by going to crazy with this and getting in the wrong person's face.

He's the proverbial True BelieverTM who's going to ruin it for everyone.

Like earlier when he publicly declared he's trying to make the top 5 domestic terrorists list.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Um, why is his steering wheel on the wrong side of the truck?

e: mirrored.

This "steak and potatoes" guy is something.

Nice Flag.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I think Pete's interviewing the Horse and Flag guy.

PETE STOP USING YOUR loving MIC AS A WALKING STICK!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Crain posted:

I like how Pete has a real problem giving Ammon any amount of privacy.

He's got his camera on Ammon from a distance while he tries to talk privately with her.

Pete's going to blow this thing wide open by going to crazy with this and getting in the wrong person's face.

He's the proverbial True BelieverTM who's going to ruin it for everyone.

Like earlier when he publicly declared he's trying to make the top 5 domestic terrorists list.

Pete's clearly got his own agenda as a "journalist" trying to broadcast the "true story the MSM won't tell you." Its side agendas like that can drive wedges and destroy Bundy's beautiful revolution.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I wish I could get a screen capture of this hillbilly.

"I'm a purebred constitutionalist"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm mostly just waiting for someone to let something racist slip.

Pete's got a lot of balls live interviewing random people drawn to militias. Or he just doesn't care.

Oh wait, he found a black guy. Whew. Score!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I thought he was asking the black dude if the black dude knew what his own nickname was.

• Locked thread