Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
lol paul

he's going to be so sore when it doesn't make a dent.

Scott Forstall fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

When you're objective and make good arguments and are also good at writing

legit ashamed i read that even halfway

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Scott Forstall posted:

lol paul

he's going to be so sore when it doesn't make a dent.

when you've been wrongposting for that long it just rolls off you [see also: half the posters itf]

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Finally!

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

this is some bonzai buddy poo poo

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

10 year subscription

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

cinci zoo sniper posted:

legit ashamed i read that even halfway

Are you kidding me?

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

the Java version of Minecraft is still the only version with mods

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

pseudorandom name posted:

why do you think they want it gone

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
there's a not-java version of minecraft on windows?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

eschaton posted:

some of us who held out on the original PS4 got the PS4 Pro

both Microsoft and Sony seem like they're (finally) trying to emulate the iPhone in having better hardware every couple years with real backwards compatibility—including improved performance for existing software, not just emulation

it's about time, MS could've really cleaned up if that had been their Xbox strategy from the start

they've been fairly lucky in that gcn hasn't seen major changes letting them do an incremental upgrade to polaris without breaking games. that's probably over now since vega makes some pretty major changes.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

pseudorandom name posted:

minecraft with mods will never go past 1.7.10 and frankly that's alright with me. the game was basically done by beta 1.8.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

anthonypants posted:

there's a not-java version of minecraft on windows?

ya, it's in the windows store

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
xbox one x box onex box one x

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol notch

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
huh, the guy who lives in a hollywood mansion with a candy dispensing wall and tweets about how unfair it is he can't always hang out with his friends because they have to work for a living has lovely opinions about women?

gently caress, i did not see that coming

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I thought he tweeted that he has no friends because he is a fat useless sack of poo poo and money can't fix that

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
that's also possible, although kim dot com clearly proves that's simply not the case.

...unless somehow notch is an even less useful sack than kim dot com

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

kim dotcom can throw a hell of party

markus notch person probably sits quietly alone in his giant mansion eating m&ms doing twitter

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

kim dotcom can throw a hell of party

markus notch person probably sits quietly alone in his giant mansion eating m&ms doing twitter

there's no 'probably' about it

it's still lomarf that a weird introvert bought a giant house meant for a movie star or rapper who has their entourage living with them just to sit in the corner of one room in front of a computer

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The_Franz posted:

it's still lomarf that a weird introvert bought a giant house meant for a movie star or rapper who has their entourage living with them just to sit in the corner of one room in front of a computer
friendless dork buys giant trophy house designed for entertaining and throwing parties, cant figure out why it isnt working

he wonders where his entourage is despite entourages being things you have to underwrite. none of his friends are leaving their tech job career tracks to hang around with him full time in exchange for room and board

the whole point of being a zillionaire is you can effortlessly afford to have your friends around and do cool stuff with and all jet off to monaco or rio or biarritz on a whim

but notch is too steeped in fygm so he cant stomach the thought of people hanging around him being mooches of his cash so he sits in his zillion dollar castle all alone

lomarf lol lmao rofl

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i remember when he bought the house and tweeted about being lonely how people shat on him for not sharing the wealth and he said something like "how you can say that when i gave my friends hundreds of thousands of dollars"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

hifi posted:

i remember when he bought the house and tweeted about being lonely how people shat on him for not sharing the wealth and he said something like "how you can say that when i gave my friends hundreds of thousands of dollars"
a whole 0.02% of his wealth! what more do you loving parasites want?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

hifi posted:

i literally cannot buy friends - marcus "what a oval office" persson

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

hifi posted:

yeah, it was real lovely to be, say, employee #4 and get a one time payment of "production supercar / house away from the city" money while the others are full on "buy multiple mega yachts" ultra rich. even shittier is that the people who were there from near the beginning asked for some equity several times and never got it.

notch: "bb but i took them on fancy vacations! why do they hate me now?"

oh yeah, and the relative pittance the other employees got had a clause that they had to keep working for 6 months or a year or something like that to get it

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

FMguru posted:

friendless dork buys giant trophy house designed for entertaining and throwing parties, cant figure out why it isnt working

he wonders where his entourage is despite entourages being things you have to underwrite. none of his friends are leaving their tech job career tracks to hang around with him full time in exchange for room and board

the whole point of being a zillionaire is you can effortlessly afford to have your friends around and do cool stuff with and all jet off to monaco or rio or biarritz on a whim

but notch is too steeped in fygm so he cant stomach the thought of people hanging around him being mooches of his cash so he sits in his zillion dollar castle all alone

lomarf lol lmao rofl

I don't know if an entourage of minecraft fans would be all that pleasant of an experience.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
he could literally give fifty people enough money to lead an upper middle class lifestyle indefinitely while doing nothing all day but hang out with him if that's the kind of friend he wants, without even touching half his fortune. or he could treat them like real people and enable them to dedicate themselves to their interests or whatever, i dunno. the point is that the fact that he is instead a miserable lonely man shut up in his toy castle is pretty clearly because he's actually a huge self-obsessed rear end in a top hat who nobody really likes

signed,

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Zil posted:

I don't know if an entourage of minecraft fans would be all that pleasant of an experience.

if nothing else you know the shower would be clean

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

i have no idea what any of these words mean but i am glad the minecraft man is upset

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i have no idea what any of these words mean but i am glad the minecraft man is upset

basically he is upset someone doesn't handwave systematic harrasment of women (and anyone else too) for game developers

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Zil posted:

that would be tricky: half of them would be 10 years old and the other half probably aren't legally allowed to be near children

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

the followup to that Notch tweet is him getting mad at Zoe Quinn because she regularly changes her Twitter handle and he didn't know he was calling her (somebody he once invited to his sad mansion and shared his candy wall with) a oval office

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I wish all zillionaires were as useless and miserable as notch

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

also I wish I wasn't

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

thanks outlook for offering me reminders

15 minutes before
10 minutes before
5 minutes before
0 hours before

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Shaggar posted:

no I never bought an ipad cause tablets were a stupid and now defunct form factor

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

cinci zoo sniper posted:

thanks outlook for offering me reminders

15 minutes before
10 minutes before
5 minutes before
0 hours before

outlook has so many super basic usability problems

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

it's also randomly buggy as gently caress since the ui overhaul. it's like the good 'ol days of 9x all over again

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jun 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

qirex posted:

outlook has so many super basic usability problems

whoever came up with the new reply drafting behaviour should be rolled in a carpet and taken to the desert for tea and crumpets

• Locked thread