Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

goons celebrating the holidays the only way we know how: a tone-deaf slapfight that is quickly resolved so we can laugh together at a weirdo with bad hygiene and anime references

now to continue my computer troubleshooting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
:m10: Toxic Comedy Gas Waste Chamber Dump › I was PC user and now I own a Mac :m10:

The Barking Lamb posted:

Do not make this a god drat thread where you apple and PC people can fight all day.

I just want to know some neat things about my MacBook Pro and the leopard OS, that I can do on that may have taken some of you guys a while to learn. I have a pretty good grasp on the OS but if you think you know something interesting or important post it for me to learn.

Yes, I know it is a vague request but I better not get any genius telling me so. The reason the question is vague is because I don't quite know what would be important that I do not know.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Jedit posted:

Funny Forum Quotes:

a real bassy opera LOOOOOOLLLL like the dog from looney tunes

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

oldpainless posted:

Fellows, I have returned from my richly deserved probation and want to apologize for it. I hope we can return to being friends. Perhaps even….more than friends?

(Looks at you shyly)

CPColin posted:

More like oldjkunless

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:monocle: why does Lowtax look so awkward? :monocle:

The Kung-fu Yeti posted:

No seriously, it's like his head is too small for his body. Whats up with that???

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Ooooh that's a good one.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

It took about fifteen reads not to read this out as oldjunkless.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

EorayMel posted:

still an accurate post, but in new and exciting ways

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I can beat up anyone itt meet me behind the coupon forum

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

EorayMel posted:

It's a lot smaller now

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

psiox posted:

lol he's gonna spend the whole holiday being bitter and vindictive about his ex and also his kid that hates him

Jonny 290 posted:

a christmas carol but he gets visited by jeff epstein, somebody who burned to death in a model 3, and lowtax

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Holy poo poo

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

They really should do another Scrooged treatment of a Christmas Carol but make it straight up about a Elon Musk type techbro poo poo head

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Hihohe posted:

They really should do another Scrooged treatment of a Christmas Carol but make it straight up about a Elon Musk type techbro poo poo head

Glass Onion

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Mirthless posted:

6.5 carcano is a really big round - close to .308 and 30-06. If it can blow a hole in an elk, it can blow apart a human skull just fine

SlimGoodbody posted:

Maybe yours + built different + skill issue + L + fell off + touch knoll

animist posted:

skull issue

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

iwentdoodie posted:

Glass Onion

I...

wait....

poo poo, you're right. :stare:

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Big Grunty Secret posted:

Wore a bathrobe to school every day
This was way before covid though.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:science: I'm not sure why a comic about ninja wizards caused you to have a meltdown on Christmas but here we are, confronted with not only that but the fact that this isn't even the first time.

Off topic / low content / spam / caring too much about Naruto. :science:

razamataza posted:

no im sure im as annjoying as that guy but he writes a thesis about how bad naruto is every week like some stocholm syndrone drunk woman who cant do any better infavt lets just rename this to naruto closure thread because apparently nobody here who reads thge manga anymore actually enjoys it they just wont to complain about it every single fgucking week mods can we rename this to naruto closure thread please

Triple Elation posted:

I literally think that the most productive discussion to be had about the manga right now is regarding the question of how and why this is bad writing. By which I mean

- The total lack of dramatic tension because the only two options are either everything's totally saved or everything's totally doomed, and we know which one it's going to be
- The total lack of dramatic tension because whenever the story comes across it by some kind of fluke, it can't resist unceremoniously casting it aside
- The intangibles being a clusterfuck because now all the relevant ones have their Power Level(tm) set to "unfathomable by you, puny reader", whether they're magic chains or magic giant animals or magic eyes or magic shields or magic black flames, so whenever any two of them clash the reader has no idea what to expect, and it goes by the author's say-so
- The intangibles being a clusterfuck because they all contradict one another and the author can't seem to settle on any sort of coherent idea of how they actually work
- The good guys having no agency because most of them have abilities way far down the scale from the huge "gently caress you I win" energy blasts that are in vogue now, so they are helpless to do anything except by author fiat
- The good guys having no agency because Kakashi is the only one of them who seems to have any personal emotional stake in what's happening, and the rest merely relate to it by proxy via the boiler-plate sentiments of supporting Naruto and having to save the world, so whenever they speak up all they do is parrot variations on this one talking point
- The main bad guy having no verisimilitude because he's the godly powerful "lol let's take away everything from everyone because I'M THE BAD GUY SEE" naive concept of evil incarnate that you've seen a million times in fictional works and seriously no one in real life is ever actually like that
- The main bad guy having no verisimilitude because no one can honestly follow the glorious backstory of how he came to be the main bad guy and why the hell we're having literally the entire ninja world fighting him right now without chanting to themselves "I want to believe" repeatedly
- The horrible pacing because the author is stretching out this battle to put off that dread moment when he has to think of what to do next
- The horrible pacing because the author suffers from a total, irresistible compulsion to exhaust every single combinatorially possible interaction between pairs of Things What Go Boom that are on the battlefield right now, some of them twice, and we are not going away until he is done

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

r u ready to WALK posted:

the balaclava factory discovered a way to sell more of them

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

The Chad Jihad posted:

Whats with all the rap sheet sixers being listed as 7 day probes

limp_cheese posted:

Man this forum celebrates Hanukkah in weird ways.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Only a 6er was left in the Temple, but by a miracle, it lasted for 7 whole days.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

rodbeard posted:

It's hard to type on my phone with work gloves on

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Noooooo

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

:holymoley:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Read After Burning posted:

Do other countries have their version of Waffle House (a chain restaurant with many locations serving crap diner-type food and known for being open late and fistfights more than the actual food quality)? Or is it just like, "the local pub" or something?

What I am asking is, do people throw hands at the Tim Hortons?

Lobok posted:

Maybe elsewhere in the country but around here that rep is usually held by McDonald's locations. And Tim's is more Dunkin' Donuts than Waffle House.

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Australia doesn't really have a homegrown chain as such (unless you count Hungry Jacks which is just a burger king re-skin) so McDonalds and KFC fill that ecological niche.

Owlkill posted:

Maybe Wetherspoons in the UK?

darkwasthenight posted:

Nobody fights in a Spoons because its either for casuals wanting a curry club meal deal, or terminals who think it's a waste of drinking time.

For the real ultra-violence you want to find a city centre McDonald's. One of the 24hr locations with bouncers and all the tables hidden upstairs so they can close it off. Something about the white tiles and endless touchscreens activates the lizard brain and next thing you're having to fight an entire hen party who want to shank you with plastic cock tiaras.

Sexual Lorax posted:

theres something simultaneously fitting and embarrassing about notable american export mcdonalds being the obvious late night drunken rumble venue in other countries

like if it was a school it would be a magnet for gun violence

Inceltown posted:

The USA has exported schools of a sorts and lets just say that the School of the Americas legacy isn't exactly free of gun violence.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Madkal posted:

I appreciate how the blue checkmark has now become the sign letting you know that the person posting is most likely the stupidest fucker in the world.

oldpainless posted:

You’re telling me!!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

hazardousmouse posted:

loving lol you didn't post the toilet

Grognan posted:

king poo poo

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Play posted:

Up there with 'for sale: baby shoes, never worn'

I hate how this can either be 'sad-rear end clowns' or 'sad rear end-clowns' and I have to know which it is

LifeSunDeath posted:

sad-rear end-clowns

Play posted:

I hate you

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Important posting from the scadenfreude thread:

Takes No Damage posted:

Tate is going to become a verb. Tating is a self own so powerful it goes beyond schadenfreude. Aw poo poo I tated myself! We'll have to rename the thread again.

For context, Andrew Tate is a fightman, rapist, and human trafficker seeking refuge in Romania after his own country didn't want him anymore for these very same reasons, who when Elon unbanned him from Twitter bragged about his additional climate transgressions to Greta Thunberg, who ultra trolled him so hard he had to geolocate himself to both the Romanian police and European anti human trafficking force GRETA, who wanted him very much indeed.

He likely cringed himself straight into Romanian prison.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Spanish Manlove posted:

Monday morning I took my mom to see the manatees. Whenever there's a cold snap and the water in the bay gets chilly, manatees like to hang out at the warm water outlet at the power plants. The power plants take in seawater, use it to cool things and stuff, and then put warmer water back into the bay. So you can really only catch them a few days out of the year. We both had monday off, and I figured it would be a nice trip. Also it's free. Afterwards we got brunch.

Here's a link to the website for more details https://www.tampaelectric.com/manatee/

But here's some pictures I took while I was there:

power plant

manatee hanging out under the boardwalk. The white mark on it's back is a scar from being hit by a boat. Sadly very common.

All the manatees hanging out by the warm water outlet

it was low tide so a bunch of them were hanging out on a sandbar. They popped their heads up a lot.

The leftmost grey blob is a baby manatee

Spanish Manlove posted:

Thank you. My mom had a lot of fun. Glad I was able to spend time with her in the morning

ChubbyChecker posted:

which one was she?

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Karate Bastard posted:

Important posting from the scadenfreude thread:

For context, Andrew Tate is a fightman, rapist, and human trafficker seeking refuge in Romania after his own country didn't want him anymore for these very same reasons, who when Elon unbanned him from Twitter bragged about his additional climate transgressions to Greta Thunberg, who ultra trolled him so hard he had to geolocate himself to both the Romanian police and European anti human trafficking force GRETA, who wanted him very much indeed.

He likely cringed himself straight into Romanian prison.

I think "Romanian Pizza" would be a better term to adopt, similar to mycrimes.txt-- idiotically and carelessly exposed evidence of your crimes and/or idiocy

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

davidspackage posted:

I hope they got Roast Beef's order right.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lt. Cock posted:

If everyone just posted their weird poo poo eating dogs for a few pages it would be a nice palette cleanser for the thread imo

QuarkJets posted:

am i doing it right

Toxic Mental posted:

that's a piece of poo poo eating a dog

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

f key posted:

this is a question, comment, and a suggestion

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:robble: Only posted 22 words in the past 18 months over 7 posts, but all of them have completely sucked.

lol. :robble:

huge pile of hamburger posted:

Shut up

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

deong posted:

That last one is just a Rammstein music video.
:nws: got boobs. https://youtu.be/eciZWNdkGqs

Had no idea it was a real thing

marshmallow creep posted:

Does anyone know what they're called? Because I've never seen them before.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

a burn AND a username/post combo, nice.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Smugworth posted:

Remember this cacamamy story? Goddamn boomers are so loving dumb.

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Imagine linking the mobile version of wikipedia.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

gatekeeping wikipedia url formats goes into the goon hall of fame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4016636&pagenumber=209&perpage=40&userid=0#post528836413