Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

tarbrush posted:

Can be pretty good if healthy, can be pretty awful if not. Was mostly column two last year, hence being a FA that none of the Dolph-bros give a poo poo about.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Jenkins had a few great plays and showed potential but his injuries have made him slow

He was a backup on the worst LB unit in the NFL last year so

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I think Jenkins might be breaking down physically. He looked really promising his second year in the league and hasn't been the same since- to the point where he's worse than he was as a rookie.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Positive vibes only please

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

speaking of the Dolphins LB situation

https://twitter.com/schadjoe/status/843861854124457986

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Is he any good?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

He's the best left

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Is he starter material? Kiko on the outside, Timmons in the middle, mid round linebacker in draft for depth / development..

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Zach Brown was supposed to be a big money FA this year, but I think he might have overplayed his hand.

He's basically only had one outstanding year, but the Dolphins new LB coach has experience with him and I think you've got money to piss away and a defense where you can effectively give three guys good workloads.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Well, I guess that would be better than him signing with the Patriots.
Dude was great last year as an ILB in Rex's defense. Fast, rangy linebacker who can cover decently.
Kind of surprised it's taken this long for him to surface. Especially given that our linebacking corp currently consists of Preston Brown and Reggie Ragland coming off a torn ACL.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
i, for one, will celebrate every Seattle loss Blair Walsh is personally responsible for.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Saints are signing Manti Teo

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

a neat cape posted:

Saints are signing Manti Teo

I was expecting to hear more about his being catfished, I'm pleasantly surprised that story died.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Flikken posted:

I was expecting to hear more about his being catfished, I'm pleasantly surprised that story died.

There are a couple of weak jokes on the Saints forums. Mostly everyone wants to know: Is he good?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Zach Brown is a good-to-great starter. The Bills probably don't have the cap space to sign him, especially since they just drafted Reggie Ragland.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

Zach Brown is a good-to-great starter. The Bills probably don't have the cap space to sign him, especially since they just drafted Reggie Ragland.

I don't understand why he's still available if he's good tho

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

He wants more money than his relative worth

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh good the team that offered Poe 4 million is bringing in Brown

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Silly Burrito posted:

There are a couple of weak jokes on the Saints forums. Mostly everyone wants to know: Is he good?

He's pretty average and gets hurt a lot.

Good locker room guy though

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

fsif posted:

Zach Brown is a good-to-great starter.

I don't believe you

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Colts sign Sean Spence, another JAG from the Titans.

They had like $60 million and they've built a defense at Family Dollar.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Sean Spence is great great LB depth tbh

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Nail Rat posted:

Lmao drat dude Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'd much rather Ballard take his time and truly build a contender rather than a splashy signing or two.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Always trade for Zach Ertz at the trade deadline.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Ehud posted:

I don't understand why he's still available if he's good tho

He's a one year wonder in an off-season where it looks like NFL owners sort-kinda colluded in order to force "riskier" free agents to take one year deals. I think a couple guys misplayed their hand like Brown and Johnathan Hankins.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

pubic works project posted:

Lmao drat dude Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'd much rather Ballard take his time and truly build a contender rather than a splashy signing or two.

These are basically all guys who are temporary and will be gone in 2-3 years and wouldn't start on a good team. It's the right move but it sucks to realize this team is so loving bad that it is literally starting at the start of a rebuild with a quarterback, a wide receiver, and a few okay-ish pieces...that's after five years of "building the monster."

They might be well-advised to tank this year and get some real impact players in the draft next year.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Nail Rat posted:

Should have driven a dump truck full of money to Ricky Jean Francois's house instead

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He refused a contract from Oakland saying they were very far apart in money so lol yeah good luck getting money out of this regime.

They don't overpay outsiders anymore. Only Branch!

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Nail Rat posted:

This is what they have been doing for like the last 15 years though

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Nodoze posted:

This is what they have been doing for like the last 15 years though

Polian very very rarely signed free agents. Grigson came in with a depleted roster and signed a bunch of people, similar to what Ballard is doing, but Ballard has yet to guarantee a single dollar past this season on any of the deals and is going for guys in their mid 20's, whereas Grigson was bringing in older dudes and giving them overvalued contracts. Let us not forget signings like Landry.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
How could you pass on this guy

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Intruder posted:

How could you pass on this guy

Lmao funny story. I was working at a Downtown Indy hotel and I checked in this flight attendant who started talking to me about the Colts. I chatted her up and proceeded to talk a massive amount of poo poo about LaRon Landry. She laughed, agreed with all my poo poo-talking, and then proceeded to tell me she was friends with him. I drat near peed my pants because I envisioned LaRon Landry coming into the lobby of my hotel and crushing my skull between his biceps for all to see.

I'm still alive and don't have any skull injuries so I guess she never told him!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Unrelated but your avatar is dope as gently caress

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Eltoasto posted:

Polian very very rarely signed free agents.

Except for that first year or so, when he signed a bunch of fossilized Panthers and Bills to be on the defense. That worked...for like a year, then the wheels came off.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Unrelated but your avatar is dope as gently caress

Thanks! Chir makes some kick-rear end avatars. :)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Silly Burrito posted:

Thanks! Chir makes some kick-rear end avatars. :)

Seconded (yours is the best)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/MikeMcCartney7/status/843960890080813056

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Probably doesn't hurt the tank. Hack by week 6.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

damnit, I was hoping it would be another team that Luke had played for.

So more than the Bucs and Browns can respond when asked "Remember when McCown played for us" with "Which one?"

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Print the shirts prime the shits. :itwaspoo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

sean10mm posted:

Print the shirts prime the shits. :itwaspoo:

Josh will give 1000% effort.