Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Actually Tarja was getting pretty monotonous. I remember I liked Anette ever since she joined and considered DPP a great album even as it came out right after Once and Century Child which were both incredible.

Incoherence posted:

Floor is somewhere in between.

Used to love after forever when they were a thing and was pretty stoked when I heard Floor would join nightwish - though I don't think I enjoyed listening to endless forms most beautifulI - I don't even remember it, I should probly give it a spin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Dammit now I'm listening to dpp again. I guess this week is just nightwish.

The first half of this album really is good, isn't it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Such great news to wake up too!

(Empyrium)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP7MQjhqBIc

Their last album 2014 was loving fantastic - such a great return since their last before that was in 2002.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 31, 2019

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

I don't think I've ever heard of these guys, but this track is great. Gonna have to look into this. Thanks for the heads-up!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vintersorg posted:

Such great news to wake up too!

(Empyrium)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP7MQjhqBIc

Their last album 2014 was loving fantastic - such a great return since their last before that was in 2002.

O.o I was trying to remember an album yesterday and it turned out to be Songs of Moors and Misty Fields, thanks! Was their last album really that good? I was really into this one in the late 00s. I spent a lot of time walking around being a moody metal teen blasting it.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8wuXrZag0E

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It was like they never stopped IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsrqSq1SSeM

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I still really dig Nile's first 3 albums and somewhat enjoy Annihilation of the Wicked and Those Whom the Gods Detest, but Ithyphallic and their last 2 left me flat. I just got done listening to Vile Nilotic Rites and boy, let me tell you, it sure is a Nile album.

It's probably their best work in 15 years. There are 0 surprises on it, but it's like a best-of wicked Nile riffs and solos thrown into a blender. I don't know if I'll listen to it much, but if you like Nile, especially post-Darkened Shrines era, it's a no-brainer.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

New Sankara dropped, one of my favorite war bands and probably my favorite RABM band.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Just bought tickets to 4 shows in one week this month.. first time I'm attempting to travel to more than 2 in a week

11/10 - King Diamond/Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats/Idle Hands
11/11 - Black Tusk/Child Bite
11/15 - This Will Destroy You
11/16 - Mortician/Malignancy/Limbsplitter/Embludgeonment/Chained to the Dead/Hog Slammer

then Electric Wizard, and probably Cannibal Corpse the week after. November is nuts

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Varg posted:

11/16 - Mortician/Malignancy/Limbsplitter/Embludgeonment/Chained to the Dead/Hog Slammer

I totally forgot that Limbsplitter existed so I decided to look them up and see who was in it, and then came across their vocalist's other band Sanguisugabogg, and it loving crushes. Definitely for fans of slower-to-mid-paced death metal like Disma, Malignant Altar, and Undergang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAgtVe8OYLo

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

A TURGID FATSO posted:

I totally forgot that Limbsplitter existed so I decided to look them up and see who was in it, and then came across their vocalist's other band Sanguisugabogg, and it loving crushes. Definitely for fans of slower-to-mid-paced death metal like Disma, Malignant Altar, and Undergang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAgtVe8OYLo

They’re coming to Vitus soon too :getin:

Ex-Priest Tobin
May 25, 2014

by Reene

Oldstench posted:

I still really dig Nile's first 3 albums and somewhat enjoy Annihilation of the Wicked and Those Whom the Gods Detest, but Ithyphallic and their last 2 left me flat. I just got done listening to Vile Nilotic Rites and boy, let me tell you, it sure is a Nile album.

It's probably their best work in 15 years. There are 0 surprises on it, but it's like a best-of wicked Nile riffs and solos thrown into a blender. I don't know if I'll listen to it much, but if you like Nile, especially post-Darkened Shrines era, it's a no-brainer.

There's only a handful of memorable riffs. I miss those awesome slow, doomy riffs they were writing from Annihilation of the Wicked to Those Whom the Gods Detest. It isn't as bad as Sethu at least, I guess. Man that album was a piece of poo poo.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Varg posted:

Just bought tickets to 4 shows in one week this month.. first time I'm attempting to travel to more than 2 in a week

11/10 - King Diamond/Uncle Acid and the Deadbeats/Idle Hands
11/11 - Black Tusk/Child Bite
11/15 - This Will Destroy You

then Electric Wizard, and probably Cannibal Corpse the week after. November is nuts

Hell yeah. This month rules. For me it's a busy 8 day stretch of

11/10 - Gatecreeper, Exhumed, Necrot, Judiciary
11/11 - King Diamond, Uncle Acid
11/13 - Danny Brown
11/17 - High On Fire, Power Trip, Devil Master, Creeping Death
11/18 - Dinosaur Jr

Also seeing Nile and Terrorizer next Tuesday. Most shows I've had scheduled in a long time.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

:(

https://metalinjection.net/latest-news/breakups/children-of-bodom-drummer-bassist-keyboardist-all-quit-the-band

quote:

Children Of Bodom founding drummer Jaska Raatikainen, bassist Henri Seppälä, and keyboardist Janne Wirman have all announced they're making their December 15 show at the Black Box in Helsinki, Finland their final one with the band. According to statement from the band, guitarists Alexi Laiho and Daniel Freyberg will continue on as Children Of Bodom.

"It is with heavy hearts that we announce that 2019 will be the last for Children Of Bodom with this lineup.

"After almost 25 years with BODOM, thousands of shows and 10 albums, it is time for Henkka, Janne and Jaska to step back and change direction within their lives. All three will miss the fans and supporters in every city in every country the band ever played.

"The last show of this lineup will be on the 15th of December at Helsinki Ice Hall. Tickets still remain for some of the Finnish shows in December.

"Alexi and Daniel will have further announcements about their plans to keep creating new music in the future.

"Thanks again for everything."

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Wow I could see really anyone leaving and the band being okay but Janne is Alexi's right hand man. Band is probably toast, shame since Hexed is a pretty great album.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

My little brother got married and it turned out more metal related than I expected :kimchi:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Nazzadan posted:

Wow I could see really anyone leaving and the band being okay but Janne is Alexi's right hand man. Band is probably toast, shame since Hexed is a pretty great album.

Yeah Henri and Jaska hurt but Janne's keyboards are like a major part of CoB's sound, and soul too IMO

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Alright Alexi pack it up and go back to Thy Serpent, they're active again anyways.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Children of Bodom was my first live metal show, along with Iced Earth and Evergrey. I have a fond memory of Janne chugging a beer while ripping on the board with one hand. I still think it's incredible.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Varg posted:

Children of Bodom was my first live metal show, along with Iced Earth and Evergrey. I have a fond memory of Janne chugging a beer while ripping on the board with one hand. I still think it's incredible.

I dunno why "angling the keyboard forward" made it look so much more badass, but it did

Nazzadan posted:

Alright Alexi pack it up and go back to Kylahullut

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Not gonna lie, I'm really bummed out about this. CoB was literally the first metal band I got really into and I still blast their older stuff pretty often.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

I will always die on the hill that their first 3 albums range from near perfect to actually flawless.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Nazzadan posted:

I will always die on the hill that their first 3 albums range from near perfect to actually flawless.

The first 3 are fantastic but IMO Hate Crew Deathroll was where they peaked

e: I also liked Roope more than Alex though so that might influence my opinion

e2: VVVVVVVVVVVVV it's been cancelled :(

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Nov 1, 2019

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Oddly, they're booked to play through Hate Crew Deathroll at the Tuska Festival this upcoming summer.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Nazzadan posted:

:yeah:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I always felt like CoB would be a lot better with a different vocalist. While they did play their part in getting teenage me accustomed to harsh vocals, I never really learned to like Alexi's high pitch barking.

EDIT: Case in point
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpN_MdXnJrY

Nordick fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Nov 1, 2019

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Oh man. Children of Bodom... definitely a stepping stone in a lot of our lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGKq2PTba7Y

Pretty sure I watched this from Kazaa in 2001

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
We played with COB back in like... 2004? And Alexi was a dick to me backstage but they put on a great show so :shrug:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

COOL CORN posted:

We played with COB back in like... 2004? And Alexi was a dick to me backstage but they put on a great show so :shrug:

I think 2005 is when he sobered up, so that might have been Peak Alcoholic Alexi. Or he could just be a dick, I dunno.

What's your band?

szary
Mar 12, 2014

COOL CORN posted:

I love it how you mention this everytime COB comes up in the thread, it's time to let go my dude :unsmith:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
COB was never good

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

COB was never good

Wrong.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

szary posted:

I love it how you mention this everytime COB comes up in the thread, it's time to let go my dude :unsmith:

I haven't heard it before :shrug:

szary
Mar 12, 2014

COOL CORN posted:

Possibly both. They were finishing up on stage and I was hanging out outside in the loading/unloading area. He was heading outside, still had his guitar on and stuff, and it went like this:
"Hey good show man"
"Äää, gently caress off!"
"K later"

So it's totally possible that he was just having a bad night.

COOL CORN posted:

We played with CoB once and I went to hold out my hand and tell Alexi good show and he literally didn't look at me and shoulder checked me and kept walking. It was weird and bad.

COOL CORN posted:

We played with Children of Bodom once and I went to shake Alexi's hand and he literally made no eye contact and shoulder-checked me on the way by

Well that's my story

COOL CORN posted:

We played with Children of Bodom once and as Alexi was walking off stage I held out my hand and said "hey great show" and he literally shoulder checked me like a bully in an 80s movie without saying a word.

That's my CoB story.

To be clear I'm not ragging on you COOL CORN or anything, it's just that it's been 15 years and you still seem hurt

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

szary posted:

To be clear I'm not ragging on you COOL CORN or anything, it's just that it's been 15 years and you still seem hurt

Telling the same funny story every year or so doesn't mean he's hurt about it, its just a funny story about Alexei Laiho being a dick before he got sober

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

deedee megadoodoo posted:

Hell yeah. This month rules. For me it's a busy 8 day stretch of

11/10 - Gatecreeper, Exhumed, Necrot, Judiciary
11/11 - King Diamond, Uncle Acid
11/13 - Danny Brown
11/17 - High On Fire, Power Trip, Devil Master, Creeping Death
11/18 - Dinosaur Jr

Also seeing Nile and Terrorizer next Tuesday. Most shows I've had scheduled in a long time.

I'm seeing King Diamond on the 11th too! :cheers:

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
New Cannabis Corpse album is great as usual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgln_Lzhulg

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Baest, Aborted, Entombed AD.

One hell of an evening.

LG is an avatar of metal.

E: and oh so greasy.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU