Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

KaptainKrunk posted:

it's frustrating to watch trump gently caress up badly because it might actually matter for once, but Bernie will be the only one to actually fix anything systematically wrong. Biden won't even be in charge of presidency. Summers, his VP, and Shadow President Obama will be running the show and they have no loving idea what to do.

no they know what to do, it's just that their goal is to stop rich people from having to give poor people anything at all. nothing else matters. they are wildly successful and will continue to be given the reigns of power by the rich as a result

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

ugh rip. :smith:

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

slinkimalinki posted:

New Zealand's lockdown is about 30 hours away from lifting to the extent that we will be allowed to go get takeaways. There's been actual news articles about what mcdonald's and kfc will and won't have on their menus.

Was delivery an option? Aus never went that far and our per capita rate seems similar.

Everytime I step outside there are so many people on the street and in the grocery store under my building. I swear my area somehow got more vibrant? Probably because it's all residential towers. Meanwhile the CBD where I work is dead.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Flavius Aetass posted:

I know someone named dane who has said "dangerous? ha, my middle name is gerous"

what a great person

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

MarcusSA posted:

yeah but he wont though

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Google Butt posted:

i've been thinking about trying xanax but it scares me

I use it prescription for occasional rare situations and it works well for that. At one point I did get kind of addicted to it though and it was a pain in the rear end to stop and I didn't find anything pleasant about the feeling after taking it.

makes you not worried at all about anything though, you don't care

Casey Finnigan has issued a correction as of 08:27 on Apr 26, 2020

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

no they know what to do, it's just that their goal is to stop rich people from having to give poor people anything at all. nothing else matters. they are wildly successful and will continue to be given the reigns of power by the rich as a result

Poor people deserved it hth

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Was delivery an option? Aus never went that far and our per capita rate seems similar.

Nah no hot food delivery for the last 4 and a half weeks. Apart from meals on wheels type stuff.

Just groceries and essential items (warm clothes, blankets, toiletries, kitchen appliances, phones, computers).

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Telsa Cola posted:

Trump is no longer doing pressers

ok now i'm mad

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Google Butt posted:

I used to take Xanax as needed eight years ago. Since then, nothing has worked as well, but even now I can see how easy it is to get addicted to that poo poo. I'd love to have more but I can't in good conscience allow myself down that road no matter how loving good it felt, as I can't afford the negative consequences of such an addiction. :smith:

I should mention I'm agoraphobic with social anxiety. I've been working 5 years at a grocery store now and that has helped me be far more social, but I do all I can to avoid conflict because I break under pressure.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

slinkimalinki posted:

Nah no hot food delivery for the last 4 and a half weeks. Apart from meals on wheels type stuff.

Just groceries and essential items (warm clothes, blankets, toiletries, kitchen appliances, phones, computers).

essential items is a bit weird though in that it includes chocolate and other questionable items

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

CODChimera posted:

essential items is a bit weird though in that it includes chocolate and other questionable items

if picking up some candy with the rest of the groceries makes someone happier/more likely to stay at home, that sounds reasonable to me

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

CODChimera posted:

Booze. Unquestionably essential. I have some lovely black gin right now.

On the other hand our toilet flush pipe sprang a leak and a replacement flush pipe wasn't one of the essential items the hardware store was selling online, and we didn't feel like paying for a plumber so we bogged it up with silicone sealant.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

goatsestretchgoals posted:

if picking up some candy with the rest of the groceries makes someone happier/more likely to stay at home, that sounds reasonable to me

sites like MightyApe, that sell very little actual food

uncleTomOfFinland
May 25, 2008

Google Butt posted:

Xanax is the worst one when it comes to abusability, im not sure how its even possible to get a legit prescription for them here anymore. Valium is better if you really want to go down this path.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Oh thank god we're saved

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Covid is stored in the pyramids

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Inceltown posted:

Can I ask you a personal question about Texas? Having lived there how many people say "Merry Texmas" around xmas?

I hear it all the time which is strange because I live in Kentucky.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

CODChimera posted:

its a survival food

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

in australia the pm said jigsaw puzzles are an essential item lol

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Sad day to work in the jigsaw factory

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
The australia PM also forced a woman who's house burned down to shake his hand for a photo-op to prove how well he was doing when the country was on fire

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

The australia PM also forced a woman who's house burned down to shake his hand for a photo-op to prove how well he was doing when the country was on fire

Most people have forgotten that now. He's more popular than ever because he hasn't hosed up the virus response and has worked with state premiers and first ministers well to do a co-ordinated response.
I was surprised by how well he's handling this considering how badly he hosed up the bushfire response. I guess he learnt from it.
The redemption of Scotty from marketing.
gently caress me.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Helith posted:

Most people have forgotten that now. He's more popular than ever because he hasn't hosed up the virus response and has worked with state premiers and first ministers well to do a co-ordinated response.
I was surprised by how well he's handling this considering how badly he hosed up the bushfire response. I guess he learnt from it.
gently caress me.

literally wartime prez phenomenon for scomo

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Scummo's a racist shitheel and shoulda stayed in Hawaii

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

that's not including if the US opens up

We won't know if the US has reached the peak until we see next week's Tues/Wed numbers, but it's super optimistic to assume they'll be lower than last week's.

Helith posted:

gently caress me.

Yeah I was talking to my dad on the phone and now he LOVES ScoMo and thinks that the press has been treating him really unfairly

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Scummo's a racist shitheel and shoulda stayed in Hawaii

Don't forget that time he poo poo himself at Engadine Maccas though.

CodeJanitor
Mar 30, 2005
I still can't think of anything to say.
business opportunity to make uv light dildos

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

So am I supposed to wear a mask at all times outdoors or not? Because in the Netherlands there are NO masks for sale and all of them are being given to healthcare personnel. I have some sent by my parents but am I just going to keep having to ask them for more?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Pardot posted:

You know they felt super clever when they ordered this

This is how that order should play out:

- I'll have a corona, please *chuckles*
- Sorry the colleague who had it died in the hospital yesterday.

But that waiter would get fired.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/qikipedia/status/1254304203146698752

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

So am I supposed to wear a mask at all times outdoors or not? Because in the Netherlands there are NO masks for sale and all of them are being given to healthcare personnel. I have some sent by my parents but am I just going to keep having to ask them for more?

yes in theory you should be wearing a face covering whenever are around other people you dont live with.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AceOfFlames posted:

clothe masks/bandanas are accepted for mask-requirements

if you have an actual nice mask like a n95, you can re-use them with proper care, probably for at least a month if you keep them clean

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

MarcusSA posted:

yes in theory you should be wearing a face covering whenever are around other people you don’t live with.

Its just insane since I see NO people with masks anywhere. Makes me feel and look insane like the guy from Gideon Falls.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

that first character can be translated as 'business' apparently

business goose

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

AceOfFlames posted:

Its just insane since I see NO people with masks anywhere. Makes me feel and look insane like the guy from Gideon Falls.

We had it a happening with the Chinese population here a long time before roni so it wasn't unheard of and it's still not the majority. Going full face covering now though won't get you a second glance though no matter who / where you are. Well maybe in a bank but I haven't tried that one and am not in a rush to see.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

FAUXTON posted:

that first character can be translated as 'business' apparently

business goose

The core message of my post has not changed.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

His spine must be a mess.

Maybe he's high on painkillers all the time and that's why he thinks drinking bleach will cure covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

will 1 beer kill me

I hear tell one bottle of beer did kill Mr. Hands, so YMMV