Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Guys the news says there is some corruption going on at the FIFA. Anyone know anything about this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I've decided top 20 nations should have 5 votes, 21-50 should have 3, 51-100 should have 2 and 101+ should have 1. That would sum to 399 votes.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I've decided top 20 nations should have 5 votes, 21-50 should have 3, 51-100 should have 2 and 101+ should have 1. That would sum to 399 votes.

This was all decided pages ago, one vote per world war or world cup won

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

blue footed boobie posted:

Jack Warner has said that he's going to flip on Blatter.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Pook Good Mook posted:

Switzerland on the other hand could potentially uncover all of those connections.

Why would they be motivated to do that?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
UEFA and CONMEBOL should just set up their own federation and be done with it.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

mackintosh posted:

yeah this, the just have to get rid of all the corrupt brazilians/argentinians lol

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

mackintosh posted:

Problem is that Sepp is the protege of Joćo Havelange and so most of CONMEBOL is in his pocket.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mackintosh posted:

With Australia

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

FIFA rankings seem a bad way ot determine who votes for FIFA

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Jose posted:

FIFA rankings seem a bad way ot determine who votes for FIFA

The rankings need some improvement, but I can't think of a better solution.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

The rankings need some improvement, but I can't think of a better solution.

Bribes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Problem is that Sepp is the protege of Joćo Havelange and so most of CONMEBOL is in his pocket.

At least Julio Grondona died last year so its not all abd

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
institucionalize bribes, give countries voting power according to how many millions they give the president of the organization

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Countries should get votes according to the money FIFA makes from selling the corresponding TV rights.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

advanced statsman posted:

institucionalize bribes, give countries voting power according to how many millions they give the president of the organization

Exactly this, bigger footballing nations should be able to pay more anyway

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

hope you enjoy bahrain 2026 and brunei 2030

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

brunei 2030 would be fire

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Brunei owns except for the whole Sharia law thing

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Obviously they should do like Eurovision and the winner hosts the next World Cup.

Also, wind machines.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Daric posted:

Brunei owns except for the whole Sharia law thing

same with the UK in a couple years

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pook Good Mook posted:

Says the man who couldn't wouldn't understand how RICO worked for 5 pages.

Nobody has yet proven me wrong on Rico.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

yeah this, the just have to get rid of all the corrupt brazilians/argentinians lol

All south americans are corrupt, not racist but it is in their racial makeup. El Hefe and Polidoro can confirm.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
Just found a column written (in Spanish) by Mayne-Nicholls about the bribes thing:
http://www.elmercurio.com/blogs/2015/05/28/32175/El-futbol-no-se-merece-esto.aspx
(Google translation)

An interesting tidbit mentions how he didn't sign an agreement for the TV rights of Copa America because it was not favorable compared to the previous one, and that he left the Chilean FA without signing it, but after that it became official anyway and people got bribed for it.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

All south americans are corrupt, not racist but it is in their racial makeup. El Hefe and Polidoro can confirm.

I don't know, what's in it for me?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pook Good Mook posted:

This is the primary reason everyone should be paying more attention to the Swiss investigation rather than the US DOJ's. America just doesn't have the jurisdiction to go after the lovely corrupt African or Asian countries (they don't meet in the US first of all, and most funnel money through non-American banks). Switzerland on the other hand could potentially uncover all of those connections.

Otherwise the only the problem of the small corruptable countries gets fixed is if the big federations break off and form their own organization. Maybe that's possible if the US DOJ can really get to the top but I doubt it. The only way FIFA is part of a future where the lovely countries aren't voting is if the Swiss investigation blows the whole thing wide open.

You still have no idea what you're talking about.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Polidoro posted:

lol

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Just found a column written (in Spanish) by Mayne-Nicholls about the bribes thing:
http://www.elmercurio.com/blogs/2015/05/28/32175/El-futbol-no-se-merece-esto.aspx
(Google translation)

An interesting tidbit mentions how he didn't sign an agreement for the TV rights of Copa America because it was not favorable compared to the previous one, and that he left the Chilean FA without signing it, but after that it became official anyway and people got bribed for it.

Remember when GolTV offered $270M for the Libertadores TV rights and then CONMEBOL sold them to FullPlay for a little bit over $200M?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Polidoro posted:

:golfclap:

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Polidoro posted:

lol

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

The Brazilian FAs president has apparently escaped from Zurich

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Pook Good Mook posted:

This is the primary reason everyone should be paying more attention to the Swiss investigation rather than the US DOJ's. America just doesn't have the jurisdiction to go after the lovely corrupt African or Asian countries (they don't meet in the US first of all, and most funnel money through non-American banks). Switzerland on the other hand could potentially uncover all of those connections.

Otherwise the only the problem of the small corruptable countries gets fixed is if the big federations break off and form their own organization. Maybe that's possible if the US DOJ can really get to the top but I doubt it. The only way FIFA is part of a future where the lovely countries aren't voting is if the Swiss investigation blows the whole thing wide open.

The thing is, the DOJ doesn't really need the Swiss to do anything but turn over banking records and with the HSBC dealings they've actually started to do that when it comes to international crime. Also, the same office that's literally destroyed the mob, international drug cartels, and the largest wall street criminals is the one handling the FIFA corruption case. The former head of that office is new US AG which is probably why this was announced exactly a month after she was officially sworn in and not because Israel was about to be kicked out. The extradition treaty the US has with Switzerland is only void if its for tax evasion or if the Swiss prosecutes them for the same crime.

If anyone flips on Blatter the only way he avoids spending time in a US prison is if the Swiss prosecutes his rear end for us, and the only way he avoids prison completely is if he dies during the trial or the Swiss spectacularly gently caress up the case.

blue footed boobie posted:

Jack Warner has said that he's going to flip on Blatter.

:rip:

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

lmao at best the doj has mildly annoyed international drug cartels and barely touched wall street, you'd have to be really dumb to credit them with destroying those two criminal organizations

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

A Winner is Jew posted:

If anyone flips on Blatter the only way he avoids spending time in a US prison is if the Swiss prosecutes his rear end for us, and the only way he avoids prison completely is if he dies during the trial or the Swiss spectacularly gently caress up the case.

He'll never spend a day in jail.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

stickyfngrdboy posted:

He'll never spend a day in jail.

Why do you believe this?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'm very glad that all of these legal experts in this thread have decided that everyone in FIFA Sepp Blatter will all go to jail forever and/or not go to jail at all.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Blatter will probably be re elected tomorrow IMO

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Dunban posted:

Either he deleted it or this is fake
:lol::lol:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

euroboy posted:

Blatter will probably be re elected tomorrow IMO

minutes later, a drone strike takes out the whole lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

euroboy posted:

The Brazilian FAs president has apparently escaped from Zurich

Get Kurt Russell on the phone I've just finished the script for United Passions II