Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Montasque posted:

I wonder how much Germany had to bribe FIFA not to fix their game against Argentina.
It makes 7-1 in the semifinal all the more amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

A number of people are Tweetering that "Co-Conspirator #4" in the FBI report is likely CONCACAF General Secretary Enrique Sanz, who perhaps not coincidentally was given a leave of absence today.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Is there a good, comprehensive tldr or timeline for this whole thing? I know Qatar won the cup, it was dumb, everyone hates Blatter, then I need the rest of the details

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Is there a good, comprehensive tldr or timeline for this whole thing? I know Qatar won the cup, it was dumb, everyone hates Blatter, then I need the rest of the details

Yeah, start here and read forward.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
US soccer president Sunil Gulati is probably corrupt too you know how those people are

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Crazy Ted posted:

A number of people are Tweetering that "Co-Conspirator #4" in the FBI report is likely CONCACAF General Secretary Enrique Sanz, who perhaps not coincidentally was given a leave of absence today.

Yeah they don't go to to much effort to hide their identities

quote:

In or about and between July 2012 and the present, Co-Conspirator #4 was employed as the general secretary of CONCACAF.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

African AIDS cum posted:

US soccer president Sunil Gulati is probably corrupt too you know how those people are

Herr Klinsmann, sagen es ist nicht so.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

lol

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

haha what

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Can Figo not throw his hat back in?

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

88 retweets

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
‏@BBCSport
Michel Platini: "If Mr Blatter wins, Uefa will meet in Berlin to discuss the future of our relations with #Fifa."

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Either he deleted it or this is fake

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Dunban posted:

This thread

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Dunban posted:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

St Evan Echoes posted:

lmao

Yeah it cost billions to organise but ~*the legacy*~

Mineirazo

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I'll never recover from this

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Dunban posted:

lol

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Lmao

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Dunban posted:

:wth:

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Dunban posted:

Lmao

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

The CR federation will support UEFA in the motion to postpone the election and will vote blank if it's not postponed

https://twitter.com/juankaguerom/status/603980226754818048

So far Jorge Hidalgo (the dude heading FEDEFUTBOL now that Li is suspended) has managed things well.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

El Hefe posted:

I guess you could say Blatter is very much like Voldemort and Loreta Lynch is Dumbledore?

Uh oh Loretta better go into witness protection with muggles.

Or maybe Blatter is like Joker in the Dark Knight, taking down the FIFA mob around him.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!

Drogadon posted:

The CR federation will support UEFA in the motion to postpone the election and will vote blank if it's not postponed

So far Jorge Hidalgo (the dude heading FEDEFUTBOL now that Li is suspended) has managed things well.

I'm sure the guy who supports Platini's position is clean

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Dunban posted:

Did we ever get to the bottom of this

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

What

Lol

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Kwagga posted:

Did we ever get to the bottom of this

DOJ is investigating, if it's fake expect some arrests around 2027

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Drogadon posted:

But UEFA doesn't want to postpone it anymore.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Every country that has ever been to a world cup could vote against Blatter and he would still win.

FIFA isn't going to improve until you take power away from the tiny countries, and they aren't about to vote away their power and source of bribes.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

jyrka posted:

But UEFA doesn't want to postpone it anymore.

The European FA's and their leaders are all either corrupt as hell or scared little chickenshits about going against FIFA publicly. Or both.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pook Good Mook posted:

The European FA's and their leaders are all either corrupt as hell or scared little chickenshits about going against FIFA publicly. Or both.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Every country that has ever been to a world cup could vote against Blatter and he would still win.

FIFA isn't going to improve until you take power away from the tiny countries, and they aren't about to vote away their power and source of bribes.

Turn FIFA into a regular corporation* with the national federations being shareholders and everything would out fine.

*In a jurisdiction with good oversight, e.g. the US

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

http://onion.com/1Fj9FUu

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

This is the primary reason everyone should be paying more attention to the Swiss investigation rather than the US DOJ's. America just doesn't have the jurisdiction to go after the lovely corrupt African or Asian countries (they don't meet in the US first of all, and most funnel money through non-American banks). Switzerland on the other hand could potentially uncover all of those connections.

Otherwise the only the problem of the small corruptable countries gets fixed is if the big federations break off and form their own organization. Maybe that's possible if the US DOJ can really get to the top but I doubt it. The only way FIFA is part of a future where the lovely countries aren't voting is if the Swiss investigation blows the whole thing wide open.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

stickyfngrdboy posted:

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Says the man who couldn't wouldn't understand how RICO worked for 5 pages.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Jack Warner has said that he's going to flip on Blatter.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pook Good Mook posted:

Says the man who couldn't wouldn't understand how RICO worked for 5 pages.

That doesnt make him wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Pook Good Mook posted:

This is the primary reason everyone should be paying more attention to the Swiss investigation rather than the US DOJ's. America just doesn't have the jurisdiction to go after the lovely corrupt African or Asian countries (they don't meet in the US first of all, and most funnel money through non-American banks). Switzerland on the other hand could potentially uncover all of those connections.

Otherwise the only the problem of the small corruptable countries gets fixed is if the big federations break off and form their own organization. Maybe that's possible if the US DOJ can really get to the top but I doubt it. The only way FIFA is part of a future where the lovely countries aren't voting is if the Swiss investigation blows the whole thing wide open.

It will never happen, but UEFA leaving with a couple non-corrupt football powers (Australia? USA? Japan? Costa Rica? You start to see the problem here) but kept same number of spots open for each federation if the rest of world is interested.