Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

MorsAnima posted:

What do you do when you encounter a lone... svipul
heat mwd and leave?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

MorsAnima posted:

What do you do when you encounter a lone... svipul

The deadliest game.

But nah. So far my experience has been to keep a wide orbit and stay out of scram distance; Gamma is well enough within long point range that I can apply full damage. I haven't been able to kill any of them yet though, because the Slicer doesn't have enough cap to run two guns, an MWD, and a long point for more than a minute.

I've been putting real thought into dropping one of the tank modules in favour of a cap relay, or maybe picking up Mindflood instead. It's an amazing skirmish ship, but has very little staying power.

Unfunny Poster posted:

I've been dabbling in solo PVP. I'm awfully bad at it though :smith:

I might just stick to ganking miners.

This is one of those little secrets of the Solo PvPer: their killboards are mostly losses. I mean look at mine -- that Garmur was a sweet kill, but you didn't see the 250m+ in faction frigates and T3Ds I slammed into a gatecamp the day before.

You're going to lose way more ships than you kill, but keep at it. It's a learned skill, like everything, and eventually you pick up your Game Sense that'll give you a near-instinctive understanding of what to do in a fight. Before you know it you'll be posting solo vs gang pvp videos and airing bad opinions about balance all over /r/eve.

I like to call it the Chessur arc.

ullerrm posted:

:love:

A man after my own heart.

I saw you roaming earlier in a Jaguar! How did that turn out?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

FranktheBank posted:

Today is my 4th month birthday in Eve.
Today I finally was able to sit in my Nidhoggur.

:confuoot:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I'm dangerously close to having fun with this game.

Delve is so cool guys. There's so much fighting, I can undock and get into a scrap just three jumps from Sakht with whatever I'm willing to fly.

I love the Slicer so much: https://zkillboard.com/kill/55424870/
I love how Drop turns it into a murder machine.
I love how much damage it does from fuckoff ranges.
I even love how badly I've been getting owned every time I screw up.

I love drugs, I love lasers, this game is good, go and PvP.

I've only been flying the pulse Slicers, and haven't been using drugs, but I do love that ship. Have one more in my latest batch to lose badly in Tama and then I'm thinking I'll ship some down to Delve and put my subcap guy back into Waffe for the 30 minutes a week I have to play.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I saw you roaming earlier in a Jaguar! How did that turn out?

Spent all my time dodging Svipuls and ultimately only got one kill. I'll probably head down towards Querious tomorrow.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The MMO HMO › Eve Online 2016: dodging Svipuls

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
I shipped some Executioners and Slicers down to Sakht as well. Haven't flown them yet having just trained into t2 lasers but looking forward to losing them hilariously.

Have been largely inactive for a couple weeks but I did fly my last Comet from Saranen to Black Rise looking for a fight last night. Couldn't find anything except a VNI gate camp so docked up in Rakapas (RAKAPAS RAKAPAS RAKAPAS). Hopefully I have better luck today so I can finally get myself to Sakht.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Morris posted:

I shipped some Executioners and Slicers down to Sakht as well. Haven't flown them yet having just trained into t2 lasers but looking forward to losing them hilariously.

Have been largely inactive for a couple weeks but I did fly my last Comet from Saranen to Black Rise looking for a fight last night. Couldn't find anything except a VNI gate camp so docked up in Rakapas (RAKAPAS RAKAPAS RAKAPAS). Hopefully I have better luck today so I can finally get myself to Sakht.

The audit I've been buried under for the past month and a half should be over this week and then I get to drag my dread down. I'm just super excited about that. Seriously thinking about just pulling all the bling and gating it to see what happens. I need to lose my first capital to get over my fear of loss.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Is there somewhere to see the loot tables for the DEDs by # and faction?

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
e: blargh

Jazzzzz fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 7, 2016

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

FranktheBank posted:

Is there somewhere to see the loot tables for the DEDs by # and faction?

I'm not aware of any information on odds of specific loot items dropping, but the drops are named systematically so you can easily use the market to find what a particular plex provides - for example, a jita search for "Core X-Type" will pull up every deadspace item that can be dropped by the Serpentis 10/10.

The naming system is as follows: 10/10s drop X-Types, 9/10s drop A-Types, 8/10s drop B-Types, and 7/10s drop C-Types. Angel deadspace loot is called "Gist [letter]-type", Blood Raider is "Corpus [letter]-type", Guristas is "Pith [letter]-type", Sanshas is "Centus [letter]-type", and Serpentis is "Core [letter]-type".

For 6/10s and below, the system is a little different because they drop "cruiser-sized" deadspace modules (including invulnerability fields and EANMs, for some reason). The 6/10s, which are the only lower level complexes that spawn in 0.0, drop A-Type loot, with the following naming system: Angel - Gistum, Blood Raider - Corpum, Guristas - Pithum, Sansha - Centum, Serpentis - Corpum.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

LemonDrizzle posted:

The naming system is as follows:

10/10s drop X-Types,
9/10s drop A-Types,
8/10s drop B-Types,
7/10s drop C-Types.

Angel deadspace loot is called "Gist [letter]-type",
Blood Raider is "Corpus [letter]-type",
Guristas is "Pith [letter]-type",
Sanshas is "Centus [letter]-type",
Serpentis is "Core [letter]-type".

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
The 6/10s I do drop A types as well.

edit: I read good.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Aug 7, 2016

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
yes, see the last sentence in LemonDrizzle's post

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
So, I am guessing when Goons moved space, the price of loot in their old space went up, because they weren't farming. The price of items in the new space will start dropping as goons start farming there?

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

FranktheBank posted:

So, I am guessing when Goons moved space, the price of loot in their old space went up, because they weren't farming. The price of items in the new space will start dropping as goons start farming there?

Pretty much. I can't wait to start properly refilling my wallets and possibly get a few Bhaalgorn bpcs.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

FranktheBank posted:

Goons are, unsurprisingly, pretty good at farming. Heh.

Looking at Deklein now... so much untapped potential.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

FranktheBank posted:

Gurista 10/10s were super easy to run with the right setups, you could get through the whole thing only having killed the final overseer in 11-12 minutes with the right marauder strats.

Blood 10/10s require you to slog through 2 15-bs rooms before the final chamber, which you can MJD skip and dps down the station.

I don't think corpus x-type look will have quite the same crash in value.

Goatman Sacks fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Aug 8, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Hey so I dropped corp and signed out of GSF services. I want to start building a mercenary entosis service because I think there's some ISK to be made. It's nothing personal, I just think entosis is underrated and under-incentivized.

I'm still waiting on word about whether my particular gimmick is acceptable for publishing on TMC and it will probably be another week before I even submit anything, at least.

I'm really excited.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
I predict you will not find a single entity to use your service.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

frozenphil posted:

I predict you will not find a single entity to use your service.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
A couple weeks ago there was a (supposed) newbie asking for donations in Amarr local so that he could buy entosis ships and go harass sov holders. Suggest you look there for recruits.

He said he wanted to break up blue donuts. When asked about his first target he said Horde :shobon:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
there is probably real money to be made harassing xix and solar

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
Hi guys I'm logged out of eve because jump fatigue is a great game mechanic. What are you all (not) doing in eve thanks to jump fatigue?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

MorsAnima posted:

Hi guys I'm logged out of eve because jump fatigue is a great game mechanic. What are you all (not) doing in eve thanks to jump fatigue?

Not paying rent to NCPL for once

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

MorsAnima posted:

Just curious, whats the deal with jump fatigue? Why do people hate it so much? I only use jump bridges but it seems like a mechanic that keeps me from being really wherever I want in 2-3 jumps.

edit; wherever I want, within region.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

FranktheBank posted:

Just curious, whats the deal with jump fatigue? Why do people hate it so much? I only use jump bridges but it seems like a mechanic that keeps me from being really wherever I want in 2-3 jumps.

it's part of CCP's long-term plan to run the game into the ground

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FranktheBank posted:

Suitcase Carriers went away.

Like if you ask any carrier pilot his reason for owning a carrier in Whenever Eve Started to 2014, it generally wasn't to rat, pvp with or rep poo poo with. It was to throw all of your crap in and day/week/month trip across the galaxy.

Basically you'd get you and a dozen buddies, setup a cyno chain and go some place and live out of your carriers for a while. It was fun. A carrier could hold several cruiser sized hulls, a few bombers and dics. Basically your own personal party in a box. This meant I could do a squad deployment for the cost of isotopes. Now if I want to do the same thing I either have to bribe a JF pilot to join the squad, or pay out the rear end for black frog/pushx.

EDIT: When I did a blackops/topgoon pushx in delve last year I ended up eating something like a billion isk shipping charge. I was super disgusted with eve for a while afterwards.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 8, 2016

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

FranktheBank posted:

I actually really like the idea, but it definitely needs refining. It used to be far too easy to jump across the galaxy in 30 mins, now you can't jump across a region in 30 mins without loving yourself over hard along the way, it's way too heavy-handed. Heaven forbid if you want to move across say 2 or 3 regions and have a normal job which prevents you sitting on eve for 12 hours. You'll be finishing that move the day after.

That and jump cal 5 being mandatory, because holy gently caress jump range is so small.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:frogsiren: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=489852&find=unread :frogsiren:

CCP Logibro posted:

Hello Capsuleers

I'm please to announce that Thunderdome is official opening it's doors!

If you're in one of the alliances listed below, and your captain included you on their list of pilots, you will be able to login to Thunderdome using the same username and password (as of today) as you use for the account the character they supplied is on. If they supplied the names of multiple characters on the same account, you'll still only have one account.

• A Band Apart.
  • Agony Empire
  • Brave Collective
  • Curatores Veritatis Alliance
  • Exodus.
  • FREE GATES COALITION
  • League of Unaligned Master Pilots
  • Official Winners Of Takeshi's Castle
  • Pandemic Legion
  • Phoebe Freeport Republic
  • Polarbears.
  • Rabble Alliance
  • Requiem Eternal
  • Red vs Blue
  • Shadow Cartel
  • Spectre Fleet Alliance
  • Templis CALSF
  • The Afterlife.
  • The Tuskers Co.
  • Triumvirate.
  • VYDRA RELOLDED
  • WE FORM V0LTA

To the captains of the other teams, I recommend that you get your lists in as soon as you can. Make sure you check the email listed on the account your captain character is on, as instructions on how to get your team on the server are there.

A few notes though since the email:
  • Characters you nominate must be in your team's alliance. They don't have to be eligible to participate (so yes, you can stick brand new alts in there) but they do have to be in there.
  • Steam and Nexon accounts are currently not able to access Thunderdome. Steam accounts can work around this by picking a username to attach to their account in account management. I'm working to come up with a solution to Nexon accounts, but no guarantee I can find one.
  • Updates to active accounts from this point will generally happen twice a week, once on Tuesday and once on Friday. This does not include removal of accounts, which will generally be processed as soon as I read your mail.
  • Some captains have supplied lists with incorrect character names. Keep in mind that the character names you give must match their name in-game. I'll be reaching out to try to correct these, but it will be quicker if you go over your list and make sure the names are correct.

So, now you ask, how do I get on Thunderdome? At the moment, the process is the following:
  • Start up the EVE Launcher, click the E in the top right hand corner and hit settings. Switch the version over to Development, then close the launcher.
  • Start the EVE Launcher again using the argument "-x=thunderdome". You can do this either by making a new shortcut pointing to the launcher, or by starting the launcher from the command line.
  • Once the launcher has started up, click the E in the top right corner and select "Server List". You should now see Thunderdome listed as an option.
  • Once it's finished patching and it's status is ready, hit "Play on Thunderdome".
  • Login with your regular account details

You're on, so now what?

A few rules first.
  • Only your accounts have been transferred over to Thunderdome. You'll have to create new characters
  • You are not required to name your characters, corporations and alliances the same name you have on Tranquility.
  • You may not attempt to impersonate someone else's character, corporation or alliance.
  • The market is not seeded. Instead, all characters can create items using a slash command: /giveitem [type] [quantity], where type is either the type ID or type name (make sure you use quotes if it's the name). You can create stacks of up to 50,000 items at once. (Yes, I am planning to allow you to spawn multiple items at once in the future, but that's not on the server right now)
  • Only published items (other than structures and super-captial ships) can be created with the above command. In addition, you can create the unpublished type "Tournament Practice Unit".
  • You are able to cloak your ship at any time using the /shipcloak and uncloak it using the /shipuncloak commands. That includes when you're close to objects and being targeted.
  • Non-consensual combat is prohibited. If you do get attacked, I recommend that you just use /shipcloak and moonwalk out (just watch out for smartbombs)
  • /moveme is active if you get lost (this becomes more important later when the tournament tool is turned on).

At present, the tournament tool is not yet available. I'm writing up a guide on how to use it, and I haven't yet handed out the spectator ships and roles. For now, you should feel free to start skilling up your characters (spawning Skill Injectors is handy for this, but keep in mind you can inject a stack of 10,000 at most at once) and filling out your hanger.

If you find a bug, or something goes wrong, please do not file a bug report. All issues should instead be filed as a ticket in the community team queue, or passed on to your team captain and emailed to me directly.

For now, feel free to jump on the server and start practicing using the Tournament Practice Units to hide your activity.

This is pretty cool since Logibro has been doing most of it on his own outside of his normal job stuff at CCP.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 8, 2016

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

FranktheBank posted:

The very short version is that it's addressing a very real problem in the most :ccp: way possible.

ploots
Mar 19, 2010
I remember riding a jump bridge network from Deklein to Fountain in under half an hour. You could do similar things with capitals, it needed to be nerfed in some way.

Each of the 12 jumps I did to move from Saranen to Sakht gave my cap pilot a ~1hr timer, so the only interaction I had with eve for a week and a half was "move cyno, jump, log out" because gently caress sitting around waiting for the game to let me play it.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

ullerrm posted:

Spent all my time dodging Svipuls and ultimately only got one kill. I'll probably head down towards Querious tomorrow.

drat it Namamai, set up that small gang squad and teach us to be better pilots! Querious seems like the perfect place to small gang these days. Delve seems nice for a small kiting gang with all the activity.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Aug 9, 2016

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese

School Nickname posted:

drat it Namamai, set up that small gang squad and teach us to be better pilots! Querious seems like the perfect place to small gang these days. Delve seems nice for a small kiting gang with all the activity.

Whenever Karmafleet re-accepts me and this actually happens, I will be so mad if Namamai doesn't begin his fleet ops with "hidey ho neighborino"

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
Besides having a cloaked alt, is there any way to know when someone undocks when you are not in their system?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
No

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

So I had a tengu log out on my DED gate. I went afk for like 10-15min. Undocked and as soon as I entered warp, he logged back in.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
sounds like you're just unlucky

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

FranktheBank posted:

So I had a tengu log out on my DED gate. I went afk for like 10-15min. Undocked and as soon as I entered warp, he logged back in.

Were you alone in system when you logged back in? Do you have him on a watchlist (or buddy list whatever it's called now?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Watch lists don't tell you someone is online unless you are mutually watchlisted now.

• Locked thread