Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Wengy posted:

I officially don’t have Covid. So I guess this hellish, nightmarish throatache is Angina, my gf has it. Popping them antibiotics now.

happy to hear :neckbeard:

otoh now you're already impacted you need to be extra careful not to get covid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Wengy posted:

I officially don’t have Covid. So I guess this hellish, nightmarish throatache is Angina, my gf has it. Popping them antibiotics now.

I'm really glad to hear that. Hang in there!

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

The antibiotics should do their job by the second dose (tomorrow morning), until then I guess I’ll have to give myself over to that searing, horrible pain every time I swallow my saliva.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

:hfive: @wengy, really glad to hear that

In other news: friends... our time has finally come... *puts on joker makeup*

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Uhhhhhh...:stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Wengy posted:

Glad to hear it, stay healthy and wash dem hands, friend

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

System Metternich posted:

:hfive: @wengy, really glad to hear that

In other news: friends... our time has finally come... *puts on joker makeup*

Somewhere in the distance, Christian Pfeiffer begins to scream without even knowing why.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Back in the early to mid 2000s there used to be an Anwalt of some sort who hated video games with the fury of a thousand suns, anybody remember his name? I only recall that pretty much everybody online hated him equally back

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

Back in the early to mid 2000s there used to be an Anwalt of some sort who hated video games with the fury of a thousand suns, anybody remember his name? I only recall that pretty much everybody online hated him equally back

You mean Jack Thompson?

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

I could have sworn there was a German equivalent to him, but maybe I'm also just mixing things up in my hell timeline-addled mind :corsair:

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Do you mean the Frhr. von Gravenreuth, bane of the schoolyard floppy disk trade?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Einbauschrank posted:

Do you mean the Frhr. von Gravenreuth, bane of the schoolyard floppy disk trade?

He apparently lived in my current locale of MG, and also killed himself in the meantime.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Einbauschrank posted:

Kind of the proto-Waldorf und Frommer.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I could have sworn there was a German equivalent to him, but maybe I'm also just mixing things up in my hell timeline-addled mind :corsair:

Are you thinking of that redlich guy? I can't for the life of me remember his name, and the whole thing was satire anyway (I think!), but maybe the word "redlich" will jog someone's memory

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Einbauschrank posted:

Oh yeah, that was the name, thanks!. I vaguely remember endless rows of telepolis comments hating on the dude :v:

e: obv not a whole lot to do with vidja games though

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

His firm laid a honeypot, didn't they, posting ads in the classifieds of game magazines posing as a teenage girl innocently offering copies for trading, then going after responders.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Christian Pfeiffer is also another guy who used to be Gamer enemy.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

My Lovely Horse posted:

His firm laid a honeypot, didn't they, posting ads in the classifieds of game magazines posing as a teenage girl innocently offering copies for trading, then going after responders.

He was the kind of person that'd Abmahn a Näherei for writing "Mundschutz" instead of "Mundabdeckung" in our days. I frankly have trouble imagining how these people find pleasure beyond materialism in their existence.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Honj Steak posted:

Christian Pfeiffer is also another guy who used to be Gamer enemy.

His wife was also a "Spieleexpertin" without ever having played a single game. :v:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Tarquinn posted:

His wife was also a "Spieleexpertin" without ever having played a single game. :v:

The original Fake Gamer Girl, far ahead of her time. :v:

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Mithaldu posted:

a good friend of mine recommends this as an anti-doompill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z0gnXgK8Do

Good video, thanks for sharing.

I also really like how they are still pretending that Oktoberfest is somehow gonna happen this year...

quote:

Wirtesprecher Inselkammer hofft noch, dass das Volksfest stattfinden kann - vielleicht auch als Schritt zurück ins Leben nach Überwindung der Krise. „Das wäre dann ein wichtiges Signal: Wir wollen wieder feiern, wir wollen wieder raus gehen und das Leben genießen.“

lol

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Haha they didn't try to obfuscate that this is a rejected Rammstein lyric complete with designated background vocals even a little bit.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Tarquinn posted:

Kind of the proto-Waldorf und Frommer.

Christ, that name brings me back. I think I even made an effort-post about them in this very thread several years ago.
Turns out they're still trucking on, and the Kanzleien making money off defeating their rubber-stamped Abmahnungen are still riding on their coattails.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

ephex posted:

I also really like how they are still pretending that Oktoberfest is somehow gonna happen this year...

Oh dear, I was thinking about this and concluded they surely must’ve cancelled it already like weeks ago.

Wonder if anyone would even show up besides locals.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Zwille posted:

Oh dear, I was thinking about this and concluded they surely must’ve cancelled it already like weeks ago.

Bavarians deliberately spread the virus in the first place, so this shouldn't come as a surprise.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
An Oktoberfest with only locals sounds a lot better. I'd continue not to go there because I'm not a local.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Zwille posted:

Söder and Reiter said 3 weeks ago this has to be decided in June/July before construction starts at the latest. So they will postpone the decision to the last possible day in July of course, wouldn't want to jump the gun. But it's not gonna happen. That would be insane.

Also they just cited some virologist on the radio who said from an epidemiologist perspective there can't be any big public gathering like soccer games anymore this year. And Oktoberfest dwarfs any kind of public gathering imaginable in Germany so ...

But who knows maybe they desperately want a third wave to hit us after the inevitable second wave we are going to get after they restart school and/or announce Ausgangssperre is over.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

quote:

Die Pandemie als Stresstest
In der Corona-Krise geht es um Leben und Tod - auch für Europa!
Europa steht vor der größten Bewährungsprobe seit dem Krieg. Derzeit versagt es bei der Virusbekämpfung. Bleibt es so, könnte die EU zerbrechen. Ein Weckruf. Von Joschka Fischer, Sigmar Gabriel
https://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/die-pandemie-als-stresstest-in-der-corona-krise-geht-es-um-leben-und-tod-auch-fuer-europa/25716154.html

I'm not clicking that poo poo on the Lord's Day, but maybe one of you depraved sickos will get something out of it

fe: I just clicked and it's actually pretty OK, although the copy editing is ridiculously bad

real edit: "Krisen können Chancen für Europa sein – so wie die Balkan-Kriege der 1990er Jahre, die zum Beginn einer europäischen Außenpolitik führten." loving yikes

Smirr fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Apr 5, 2020

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

Probleme sind bloß dornige Chancen Smirr, ich dachte unser Herr und Prophet Christian hätte das schon ausreichend geklärt :confused:

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Da ich das grade mit Freund besprochen habe, denke mal der Dtl-Faden wirds auch interessant finden:

Bei aktuellem Erkenntnisstand wird es eine weit verfügbare Impfung aller-frühstestens Sommer 2021 geben.

https://www.quarks.de/gesundheit/so-lange-braucht-die-entwicklung-eines-coronavirus-impfstoffs/

https://www.zdf.de/nachrichten/heute-journal/kommen-gut-voran-100.html

Mithaldu fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Apr 5, 2020

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

There's literally an impromptu Volksmusik concert happening on the street behind my apartment. From the sounds of the claps, there's a poo poo ton of people.

Nuke the planet please.

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

Corona comes out of you just by breathing if you have any of it. And in china an infection wave in one apartment tower was started by an aerosol plume being blown over by the wind from another apartment tower. Take no risks.

I'm sorry, but not only I cannot find any source to that story, but I also find it completely outlandish. Even if this happened, how would one find out about this source of infection? Who is doing CSI-like investigations to find this out? Even if this is an official explanation, isn't non-compliance with rules much more likely?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

I'm sorry, but not only I cannot find any source to that story, but I also find it completely outlandish. Even if this happened, how would one find out about this source of infection? Who is doing CSI-like investigations to find this out? Even if this is an official explanation, isn't non-compliance with rules much more likely?

Let's not oliwan-away at the key point of the message, which is "take no risks".

Sporting around in public increases your rate of respiration, and also increases the rate at which you may expel evil Tröpfchen. Studies detailing how there's a correlation between people exhaling while jogging and other people getting infected will probably surface in a year or two, but for now, we don't need studies to tell us that taking precautions and wearing a mask at least decreases the risk of infecting others, regardless of what you're doing.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

I saw it on the HK circuit, with professional diagrams, didn't save a link. And uh, as mentioned, this was in china. People there are locked into their buildings and they actually do this kind of CSI tracing stuff.

Anyhow, if this seems outlandish to you then you're lacking information. Purely physicalls speaking it is perfectly viable.

And yeah, what Duzzy says: This isn't a binary on-off, do this thing and get it, do this thing and never get it, situation. There's always a risk and all you can hope to do is move the needle one way or another.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

it was a different virus op

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

all y'all Rammstein Überraschte, have a peep at the song "Liebe ist für alle da" with your newfound understanding. Enjoy

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
It was SARS.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa032867

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Ah yeah, those were the pictures i saw. Thanks for the fact check and sorry for the confusion.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
loving plague cultists still not giving up on spreading their infections far and wide like they did in Korea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Your url has a Zahlendreher.
https://rp-online.de/panorama/coronavirus/peter-hahne-fordert-macht-an-ostern-die-kirchen-auf_aid-49926979