Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

comedyblissoption posted:

maybe the obama administration shouldn't have negotiated that giant uranium deal with russia if they felt that way lol

Are you telling me that things have happened between 2009 and now that might have changed relations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

I disagree with bernies tweet, but forgive it because unlike your abuela, he has been front and center on pushing the dems to oppose the ACA appeal.

What's your endgame for caring about Russia? Bad dems are still going to confirm Trumps SCOTUS appointments, ACA still going away, and Hillary will still never be president.

If the goal was to exonerate Hillary, tying the Russian interference to Trump wouldn't matter. The impact of the crime doesn't change if Trump knew or not. Dems are defending the ACA, like Hillary campaigned for it, and the Republicans are in disarray. Trump is bungling this poo poo massively, and the constant pressure and negative media impact of this Russia poo poo is absolutely contributing to his fuckups and is eroding his approval rating. Trump/Russia is paying dividends even if it goes nowhere, and it doesn't look like it's going nowhere right now. Pull your head out of your rear end and listen to Bernie.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Bip Roberts posted:

Dunno why get angry about it then?

Well you can be "mad" about Russia but more importantly don't let it be a distraction to what the current dem shitheads in the senate are doing behind the scenes.

Cause that's what the Bad-dems are doing right now.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

comedyblissoption posted:

maybe the obama administration shouldn't have negotiated that giant uranium deal with russia if they felt that way lol

Uh, not sure why you think I'm speaking for the Obama administration, but I will reiterate that Russia doesn't have out best interests at heart and that we shouldn't be cozying up to them like they do, regardless of any past deals.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
"Ignore Trump's corruption and pay attention to the bad bad bad democrats." -- Not a republican shill at all no siree.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
As far as I'm concerned this Russia stuff seems like a roll of the dice of something that might force the true hardline white nationalists in the trump administration to resign. Even if they're replaced by total ghouls (they will be) this is a plus. If it doesn't go anywhere then who cares.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Well you can be "mad" about Russia but more importantly don't let it be a distraction to what the current dem shitheads in the senate are doing behind the scenes.

Cause that's what the Bad-dems are doing right now.

I'm not sure what mechanism you are proposing for bad dems to stop being bad in the short term. I mean primary them in 2018 but how does this russia stuff make them worse?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

JeffersonClay posted:

"Ignore Trump's corruption and pay attention to the bad bad bad democrats." -- Not a republican shill at all no siree.

This is the wrong lesson to learn from 2016. Please never engage in real-life politics, including voting, ever again.

Thanks.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm not sure what mechanism you are proposing for bad dems to stop being bad in the short term. I mean primary them in 2018 but how does this russia stuff make them worse?

The media needs to shine their spotlight on the bad things Trump is currently doing, not what they did.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

This is the wrong lesson to learn from 2016. Please never engage in real-life politics, including voting, ever again.

Thanks.

wait what's going on?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

The media needs to shine their spotlight on the bad things Trump is currently doing, not what they did.

dunno, both delegatimize him, formal investigations will always be months behind in any case.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Thanks.

JeffersonClay posted:

It's very telling that the people most invested in denying the influence of Russia on the election and the connection to the trump administration are the ones who fell hard for their agitprop.

Please try not to get ratfucked next time.

Thanks.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Imagine if Trump did a bad thing and wasn't immediately punished for it in a substantial way . I'd then have to look for another totally different thing.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

As far as I'm concerned this Russia stuff seems like a roll of the dice of something that might force the true hardline white nationalists in the trump administration to resign. Even if they're replaced by total ghouls (they will be) this is a plus. If it doesn't go anywhere then who cares.

Opposition to this line is more opposition against the type of person fanatically pushing it than opposition against the line itself.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

Opposition to this line is more opposition against the type of person fanatically pushing it than opposition against the line itself.

wait what?

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Oh Snapple! posted:

So you're literally defending trump because you don't like the democrats. :ughh:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Boy that was essentially a perfect example:

JeffersonClay posted:

So you're literally defending trump because you don't like the democrats. :ughh:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

Boy that was essentially a perfect example:

so what's the problem again?

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Well you see the bad dems are the ones accusing Trump of ties to Russia and the enemy of my enemy is my friend so I guess I have to defend trump from these ridiculous accusations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm confused why the investigation of potential major crimes by people in power is bad?

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
It's not the investigation, it's who wants the investigation (democrats, who are bad)

Wait actually it's worse.

Oh Snapple! posted:

to put it another way, compare these people to penn state fans who were angrier at Mike McQuery for whistleblowing than they were at Sandusky or the head coach that enabled him

Putin did us a favor by hacking the election and exposing those nefarious democrats!

JeffersonClay has issued a correction as of 02:02 on Mar 24, 2017

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

so what's the problem again?

No one is actually opposed to seeing what's up with the Trump/Russia poo poo and if it fucks Trump up, cool. Opposition posts are more rooted in understanding who is pushing it the most and why they're doing it: in a desperate hope that this kills republicans nationally, because the current terrifying alternative is a leftward shift of the dem party.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

JeffersonClay posted:

Please try not to get ratfucked next time.

Thanks.

Only person who got rat-hosed was Bernie, friend.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

a desperate hope that this kills republicans nationally, because the current terrifying alternative is a leftward shift of the dem party.

Wait what? Nothing would help leftist primary challengers more than a shattered republican party.

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Oh Snapple! posted:

No one is actually opposed to seeing what's up with the Trump/Russia poo poo and if it fucks Trump up, cool. Opposition posts are more rooted in understanding who is pushing it the most and why they're doing it: in a desperate hope that this kills republicans nationally, because the current terrifying alternative is a leftward shift of the dem party.

Literally one page back someone was referencing Jimmy Dore to oppose the investigation as a bunch of McCarthyism and Xenophobia.

Only person who got rat-hosed was Bernie, friend.

JeffersonClay posted:

Putin did us a favor by hacking the election and exposing those nefarious democrats!

Called it.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

Wait what? Nothing would help leftist primary challengers more than a shattered republican party.

the idea is that the dems change nothing and win everything i don't see why you're having a hard time with this

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

the idea is that the dems change nothing and win everything i don't see why you're having a hard time with this

Well no poo poo people like Schumer and Feinstein are going to change nothing. That's why you primary them out of office.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
QQQ bad dems are so mean to me. Why won't they come to my side. I tried asking them nicely.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Bip Roberts posted:

dunno, both delegatimize him, formal investigations will always be months behind in any case.

Agreed here. But is "Russia = bad" the best way to do it? An investigation is occurring, which is good. Why push McCarthyism as well?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

QQQ bad dems are so mean to me. Why won't they come to my side. I tried asking them nicely.

what in the world

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Agreed here. But is "Russia = bad" the best way to do it? An investigation is occurring, which is good. Why push McCarthyism as well?

uhh russia isn't communist bub

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Oh Snapple! posted:

what in the world

I don't understand the part of the left that's sad because they think neoliberal shitheads are secret leftists and only need to start pushing a true left agenda.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

JeffersonClay posted:

Literally one page back someone was referencing Jimmy Dore to oppose the investigation as a bunch of McCarthyism and Xenophobia.

Called it.
Congrats on discovering a fact, now can you learn from it?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

they are

I see news stories and posts/memes on my social media feeds from both liberal and leftist sites every single day about how donald trump's cabinet and appointees are terrible/unqualified/corrupt, about the people being hosed over by his immigration initiatives, about people terrified for their healthcare, about the ways in which trump and his family are exploiting taxpayer money to fund their lifestyle, about the trump admin's diplomatic gaffes, etc; he's been president for like two months and he's been blasted for dozens of different things thus far (and as pointed out actual investigations, including deep investigative reporting, takes time)

conservatives don't give a poo poo, and liberals are fascinated by the russia story because it's actually interesting, unlike hearing that donald trump is spending ridiculous sums on his vacations and personal security, slashing everything but defense spending and writing them a blank check, advocating a lovely republican healthcare plan that only benefits millionaires, and bungling diplomacy and military actions (because of course he's doing all that, everyone except the people who voted for him knew he was going to do all that and have been saying "he's going to do that stuff" to each other and to trump voters for a year to absolutely no avail)

the problem with the media and liberals is not that they aren't attacking donald trump enough, or even that they're wrong about most of what they say about him

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Bip Roberts posted:

uhh russia isn't communist bub

You also state a fact, can you now incorporate that fact into your world view?

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Congrats on discovering a fact, now can you learn from it?

I've been aware that dumb leftists were easily manipulated by Putin for a while now. I'm not the one who needs to learn something here.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

JeffersonClay posted:

No one is saying not to investigate.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Corky Romanovsky posted:

No one is saying not to investigate.

uhh a bunch of people in this thread are all hot and bothered because people are pushing to investigate

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

JeffersonClay posted:

I've been aware that dumb leftists were easily manipulated by Putin for a while now. I'm not the one who needs to learn something here.

:eng99:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

dunno, the pro assad left is pretty loving pathetic

• Locked thread