Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Fallows posted:

Also the worlds strongest man is a full time dieseal mechanic so we all have no excuses

they do steroids though

every single one in the top echelons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Constipated posted:

Very jealous of you non Americans in regards to healthcare.. I would go broke just trying to get my foot in the door for practically any reason.

This is partially why I still work the job I have. I'm more injured now...but I have insurance at least

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Defiant Sally posted:

Speaking of drug abuse my doc recently prescribed me some Adderal 30's and holy loving LOL @ when you take them and also take pre workout.

please dont explode your heart

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Sally probably has epic stim tolerance by now. But yeah, be careful broseph.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I heard hanging is really good for your shoulders and poo poo

Like just hanging from a pull-up bar for a few minutes a day

I heard it on the internet

Not overdoing front delt stuff is also good for shoulders.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Zzulu posted:

they do steroids though

every single one in the top echelons

bbbbbut they don't test positive so they must be clean!!!!!!!

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Defiant Sally posted:

Speaking of drug abuse my doc recently prescribed me some Adderal 30's and holy loving LOL @ when you take them and also take pre workout.

*ends up playing diablo all day*

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Constipated posted:

Very jealous of you non Americans in regards to healthcare.. I would go broke just trying to get my foot in the door for practically any reason.

Move to Massachusetts.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Defiant Sally posted:

jesus 30? i took 15mg (and i've had a prescription since i was kid) plus some mild pwo with ephedrine once. once. i can't imagine 30.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Constipated posted:

Sally probably has epic stim tolerance by now. But yeah, be careful broseph.

Not that bad, but I do drink a fuckton of coffee at work (I like the taste).

Zzulu posted:

please dont explode your heart

TenementFunster posted:

jesus 30? i took 15mg (and i've had a prescription since i was kid) plus some mild pwo with ephedrine once. once. i can't imagine 30.

It's the extended release but its still insanely wild. I only recently got it prescribed when I started working at a desk again, but there's no question that I needed it when I was younger/in uni.

He said i could also try 20mg XR twice a day LOL. And yet he won't even consider the notion of me having low test?

I used to sweat a lot before but now I sweat through my shirt doing arms. It owns.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I drink coffee so much that if I go out boozing for a few hours I get wicked withdrawal headaches.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
I took my friend's 30's in college to pull an all-nighter once. I got my work done but I was chain smoking cigarettes and pissing every 15 minutes.

Does low T result in poor concentration?

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Defiant Sally posted:

Mesomorph and Vyvanse is the ultimate. Adding in Hemavol allows me to ascend beyond the heavens and sit atop a throne of speakers playing Bolt Thrower.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Just lol if you aren't railing a line of coke between bench sets

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Im all natural

My only supps are protein, creatine and my indomitable will

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Never forget that the insanity must come from within you.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Defiant Sally posted:

Never forget that the insanity must come from within you.

😤

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Are there any drugs I can take to make my fingers more flexible?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I mentioned I was lucky enough to have insurance earlier, but I want to say even if I had and was poor I'd still be hosed. I've had to pay over 100 in copays so far and I haven't even seen the PT yet. All this just to get some advice on how to stretch and poo poo for a minor shoulder issue.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I mentioned I was lucky enough to have insurance earlier, but I want to say even if I had and was poor I'd still be hosed. I've had to pay over 100 in copays so far and I haven't even seen the PT yet. All this just to get some advice on how to stretch and poo poo for a minor shoulder issue.

I've come to the conclusion that your perpetual state of injury is the result of being an actual irl goat attempting to do human (non-goat) things

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Homestar Runner posted:

I've come to the conclusion that your perpetual state of injury is the result of being an actual irl goat attempting to do human (non-goat) things

actual photo of me working out back when i was byob posting

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I got called in for my test results today and it was weird. I went in there and they just printed them out and said have a nice day. I was like "uh, so is everything okay?" and she's like "oh hang on I'll get someone" and a nurse was the one who looked at them. She's like, uh, these 2 things are high, but don't worry it just means you eat fatty foods. I was like "okay, I do eat a lot of fast food". As I was walking out the door I didn't see testosterone so I went back to the desk and was like "hey this isn't what I asked for" and they all started looking at it, like they are all experts, the receptionists and everything. Finally I got to talk to a doctor.

Testosterone just hasn't came back yet, so I'll know in a day or two. And like I suspected, the doctor asked me if I've been boozing and I told her yes. She guessed that I drank a 6 pack every day and I told her I used to, but it's been more like 3 recently and that I also lift. She said she knew lifting could raise up the ALT one, but she didn't think it could affect the AST test and that was from my boozing. She actually told me to stop worrying, it wasn't even high enough to worry about coming back to test again as long as I cut the booze down to 1 or 2. She did seem confused about the lifting part though about how much it could affect the AST one, she said in medical school they taught her S for scotch, so that's the one alcohol would make have high levels, but it doesn't really matter because I am cutting the boozing down anyway. She finally decided to take some more blood to test for the hepatitis's just to be safe. So I guess I'll know in a few more days if I have low T or Hepatitis. Although if I had hepatitis, boozed like I do(did), and lifting, I would imagine that liver enzyme test would have been through the drat roof. I think she also mentioned low test could also affect the liver enzyme levels and poo poo but I didn't really make that part out. Also I have low vitamin D.

e: I can't post the actual numbers, since I'm coming back for the other results they still have it and I'll bring it home with me then and post it for that curious guy. I'm surprised vitamin D was the only thing off, but I guess the spinach and carrots I've been blending up in my shakes along with the salads I get from chipotle have been covering my micros.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jul 16, 2017

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Stop being an alcoholic. It's depressing to read about how you are dieing.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
but she literally said my liver is not damaged

i might kill myself in the gym though

edit: i thought i hurt my back earlier but it was a wicked pump in my spinal erectors and it actually felt good. the deadlift has never betrayed me

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jul 16, 2017

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I got called in for my test results today and it was weird. I went in there and they just printed them out and said have a nice day. I was like "uh, so is everything okay?" and she's like "oh hang on I'll get someone" and a nurse was the one who looked at them. She's like, uh, these 2 things are high, but don't worry it just means you eat fatty foods. I was like "okay, I do eat a lot of fast food". As I was walking out the door I didn't see testosterone so I went back to the desk and was like "hey this isn't what I asked for" and they all started looking at it, like they are all experts, the receptionists and everything. Finally I got to talk to a doctor.

Testosterone just hasn't came back yet, so I'll know in a day or two. And like I suspected, the doctor asked me if I've been boozing and I told her yes. She guessed that I drank a 6 pack every day and I told her I used to, but it's been more like 3 recently and that I also lift. She said she knew lifting could raise up the ALT one, but she didn't think it could affect the AST test and that was from my boozing. She actually told me to stop worrying, it wasn't even high enough to worry about coming back to test again as long as I cut the booze down to 1 or 2. She did seem confused about the lifting part though about how much it could affect the AST one, she said in medical school they taught her S for scotch, so that's the one alcohol would make have high levels, but it doesn't really matter because I am cutting the boozing down anyway. She finally decided to take some more blood to test for the hepatitis's just to be safe. So I guess I'll know in a few more days if I have low T or Hepatitis. Although if I had hepatitis, boozed like I do(did), and lifting, I would imagine that liver enzyme test would have been through the drat roof. I think she also mentioned low test could also affect the liver enzyme levels and poo poo but I didn't really make that part out. Also I have low vitamin D.

e: I can't post the actual numbers, since I'm coming back for the other results they still have it and I'll bring it home with me then and post it for that curious guy. I'm surprised vitamin D was the only thing off, but I guess the spinach and carrots I've been blending up in my shakes along with the salads I get from chipotle have been covering my micros.
not reading this but assuming you are broken

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
it actually went a lot better than i expected and I'm glad I finally am doing something about all this instead of procrastinating.

edit: Do gas stations sell the non/low alcoholic beer? I just realized I've been doing 2 or 3 now when I get home and spread out over a couple hours I don't really feel much anyway I just like drinking it. Do they all taste like piss? Not that I'm super picky anyway

edit again, alright I just threw it all out. If I can find the baby beer I'll drink that. No more regular beer though.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Jul 16, 2017

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

it actually went a lot better than i expected and I'm glad I finally am doing something about all this instead of procrastinating.

edit: Do gas stations sell the non/low alcoholic beer? I just realized I've been doing 2 or 3 now when I get home and spread out over a couple hours I don't really feel much anyway I just like drinking it. Do they all taste like piss? Not that I'm super picky anyway

edit again, alright I just threw it all out. If I can find the baby beer I'll drink that. No more regular beer though.

Dude, why not switch to Diet Coke/Coke Zero or something, or ginger beer, if you feel the need to drink something. The more you can get off the booze, the better it will be for you.

On alcohol chat, I had a glass of wine for the first time in ages yesterday. It was nice, but really didn't miss it.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

edit: i thought i hurt my back earlier but it was a wicked pump in my spinal erectors and it actually felt good. the deadlift has never betrayed me
It's true: spinal erector pumps are the worst.

If you lay down for around 5-10 minutes it goes away.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Pesmerga posted:

Dude, why not switch to Diet Coke/Coke Zero or something, or ginger beer, if you feel the need to drink something. The more you can get off the booze, the better it will be for you.

On alcohol chat, I had a glass of wine for the first time in ages yesterday. It was nice, but really didn't miss it.

It just became a routine somehow. I was never a big drinker before. I'll find something else to occupy myself with when I'm chilling at home. I've built up a pretty big backlog in steam.

E: Yeah, the back pump went away pretty quick, it was just a weird feeling.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Dont even drink non alcohol beer.. youre doing enough harm to your self mentally and physically with just suboxone daily. Plz dont say youre a smoker too

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Some people swear by that lacroix stuff but they all look pretty small.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Doc Hawkins posted:

Can confirm. I've gotten hooked on it thanks to waifu.

ham_sanitizer
Jul 12, 2014

professional swine bather

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

It just became a routine somehow. I was never a big drinker before. I'll find something else to occupy myself with when I'm chilling at home. I've built up a pretty big backlog in steam.

E: Yeah, the back pump went away pretty quick, it was just a weird feeling.

i was a six pack a night guy for several years and quit the sauce entirely 2 years ago. don't know your situation enough to know if totally quitting is right for you, but it has improved my life so much.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Im sure he can handle his drinking just fine and he can quit whenever he wants to!!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

I saw the hottest guy I've ever seen at the gym today and immediately lost the will to live.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Well, sorry, but what am I supposed to do, lift in a burqha?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Doc Hawkins posted:

This stuff is good for a non-water fix (or a sparkling water equivalent, hell Topo Chico or smth is great)

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

nooneofconsequence posted:

I saw the hottest guy I've ever seen at the gym today and immediately lost the will to live.

its me

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Day 2 of 90 day cut: Constant hunger consumes my soul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I on the other hand am now doing a clueless version of bulking, which so far involves 1-2 hours of weight circuits and all the protein I can scrounge up

By-the-pound delis in Manhattan are great, a pound of loving steak and turkey in a bowl has a lot of grams of protein, and you pay the same as if you bought a pound of pasta