Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

exquisite tea posted:

One facet to NRS fighters that I'm just now remembering is that you're not actually waiting for the visual confirm of whatever move you're trying to string into something else, you just input the commands to link everything together.

Except hit confirms still exist and you don't want to just mash out cancels, otherwise you're going to be getting blocked, being extremely - and getting punished all the time. EG: Robin has F21B2, the B2 portion is very - and punishable, F21 is safe, you want to see the F2 actually hit before you're pressing B2. Same with B21xxdb2. Juggles also rely on visual confirmation.

Saint Freak posted:

It takes a long time for that string to come out and there's no penalty for just entering strings as fast as possible so if you really can't get it to work with your thumb you could just flip your hand and mash it in and flip back to a normal grip in time to end in a dbf1 metered. Or it should come out if you mash just 1+2 1+2 repeatedly. I'd have to try tonight.

It's much easier to just swish your thumb between 1 and 2 twice, like the motion you would trying to rub off marker or something.

he1ixx posted:

- I completely do NOT understand meter burn. I tried playing with it last night in practice mode and think I'm missing something. Most of the time it didn't work when I had plenty of meter to use. Is it just a few moves that it works with? it is totally confusing since it is talked about everywhere like its just a thing and honestly I hadn't even heard of it before I got the game.

As a person who's decent at the game, this is still something that's annoying to me. The majority of specials all have different timings in which you have to actually burn meter, some of them you have to hit it right when you hit the face button for the special, others you have to wait until the special is coming out, still others you can burn at various times in the move EG: Robin's db2, you can meter burn it earlier or later to get it to juggle them a bit higher, which is the only way you can connect B3 after it.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 21:51 on May 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Yeah hitconfirms are very much still a thing, its just you do them in tandem with other stuff.

For example I am learning wonder woman right now, one of her main hitconfirms is d12. So I dial in d12 right away, but then I visually assess the hit or the block, and on hit ill go into mb shield or whatever.

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Has anyone managed to regen the boots into something decent?

Mine are like 0/124/0/0, and the useless Don't Jump for XP trait that seems locked on there, and that's the best I got in a few tries.

I finally managed to get rid of the no jump modifier from the movie boots. Stats still aren't great on them, but at least that's gone. It happened while regenerating them to level 20, so I'm not sure if the game realizes that ability is useless at that point, or I just got lucky. The latter is my guess.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

WarEternal posted:

As a person who's decent at the game, this is still something that's annoying to me. The majority of specials all have different timings in which you have to actually burn meter

It feels like there's a TON of stuff in this game that you just have to learn, I'm not sure if it's to add depth for the sake of it or what, but like, not all stages have transitions and there's no way to know. There are two ways people interact and it's not always obvious which it will be. SOME interactions can be meter burned for armor, but who knows which.

It's like there's a whole ton of trial and error put in because... Reasons? I actually quite like it, but I mostly play single player.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
When's the next Goon Guild inactivity purge? Ready to join up but they look full.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Ruzaii posted:

I finally managed to get rid of the no jump modifier from the movie boots. Stats still aren't great on them, but at least that's gone. It happened while regenerating them to level 20, so I'm not sure if the game realizes that ability is useless at that point, or I just got lucky. The latter is my guess.
You definitely got lucky. Fully half of the level 20 epics the game gave me from Story Mode have experience boosts on them, the game has absolutely no idea when abilities are worthless.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

PunkBoy posted:

When's the next Goon Guild inactivity purge? Ready to join up but they look full.

Pretty sure we have one open spot in Goon Squad, and we purge every Monday morning.

Come join 2D pigs

e: Apparently we are full.

Grem fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 1, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I saw that my AI fighter was having trouble beating a fight because of a modifier, so I had to jump in and take care of things. feels good :unsmith:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
evil canadian you mook. Accept my dang friend request and battle me.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If any of you guys ever wanna spar on PS4 add me BostonCollegeFan

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is there frame data for backdashes anywhere? I feel like I'm getting hit by poo poo well after the backdash actually ends.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh my god, that new Boss Poison Ivy multiverse event.

I was wondering where those STAR Labs missions went where if you dropped your combo you died instantly, now I know

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

CapnAndy posted:

Yeah, once it gets over the mandated "Joker tricks Superman into killing Lois (who is pregnant) and then nuking Metropolis" insanely dark and horrible opening it gets good and accelerates to great. There's a bit of a quality dip when Tom Taylor leaves, and the later years suffer a bit because once Superman's established the Regime and Batman is leading the resistance in hiding, they really can't do much else plot-wise since that needs to be the status quo for when the video game starts. That said, they do a good job of covering it by focusing on corners of the DCU that weren't really mentioned in Injustice 1, and overall it's a drat good comic book on its own merits, and a million times better than the prequel comic to a video game deserved to be.

On non-comics topics, what the hell were they thinking with Arcade Mode? I shouldn't have to go to Google to learn that you buried one of the core modes of any fighting game inside a Multiverse submenu under a different name, Netherrealm. You guys know better than that.

I like how it explains why there's no human green lanterns or magic people running around in Injustice 1 (they get very, very messily murdered)

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Jimmy Hats posted:

evil canadian you mook. Accept my dang friend request and battle me.

I got the friend request didn't know you wanted to play shoulda said something!

Was grinding out Wonder woman matches on my stream to better understand the character so wasn't checking thread or anything like that.

*ed*

100 some odd matches in, WW is really good at "honest" play. Almost like a street fighter character. So of course that is a bit to her detriment as grease is what defines a good NRS character.

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 1, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it me or is Scarecrow also hitting comically weak

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Empress Brosephine posted:

I was playing some scarecrows and it was to the point where I was like "man, is gear on by accident or something?". Dude can hit like a truck.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Empress Brosephine posted:

Is his character ability that good that it needs you to rev it up for that long? I assumed it would be either auto damage or big damage, but it doesn't really seem to be all that special? What am I missing about it?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's very hit or miss and if you do manage to get it active if you even mistime it a second you just wasted a whole match

I can't get his moves to hit for a lot though. I've felt like I've dominated matches and just not hit for jackshit. It sucks.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I hate everything

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Nope. Nope nope nope

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

hup posted:

Nope. Nope nope nope

My Black Canary AI one shot the Poison Ivy boss no problem, but literally every other AI I've thrown at her just can't hang.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

drat. My canary is too low to handle it. Tried Deadshot but the armor just was too much

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Yeah my AI usually doesn't know how to handle dealing with the armor and gets wrecked.

Doing it manually I only got as far as getting her down to 1/3 life and that was with two good 10-hit combos and cheesing stage transitions and super moves for the batarang cooldown

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Armor bosses are hilarious as Green Arrow since you can break through all the armor with a single df1

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Threw my controller against the wall because I couldn't beat Brainiac in a guild multiverse final battle like 14 times. RIP controller

I've never gotten enraged at a game before gently caress this poo poo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

As long as you didn't hit someone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgvTgRG4mQk

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That was literally me except i was alone.

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
I used the ai to run a level 20 ivy of my own with low level epics and 30 combo 30 counter. Still had a life bar left.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Goddammit Ollie's the only character I'm even halfway passable with against actual humans, why didn't I try him

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

hup posted:

Goddammit Ollie's the only character I'm even halfway passable with against actual humans, why didn't I try him

GA is very fun this game and way way way stronger than he was in the first game. He's prob next up for me in my quest to find a true main(that isn't poopy like grodd).

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Jimmy Hats posted:

Armor bosses are hilarious as Green Arrow since you can break through all the armor with a single df1

Superman's trait also instantly breaks armor. I just do these with Superman and the assist gives you a free combo 90% of the time and makes it really easy.

!Klams posted:

Is his character ability that good that it needs you to rev it up for that long? I assumed it would be either auto damage or big damage, but it doesn't really seem to be all that special? What am I missing about it?

Once it's charged, you release it and you can get a big combo off of it from nearly anywhere on the screen if it hits.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ollie has the most satisfying move in the game, the Boxing Glove Arrow.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

When I discovered the boxing glove arrow I was the happiest boy in the world

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I've been telling y'all for like 100 pages that the boxing glove arrow fukkin rules :colbert:

E: I went and checked and holy fugg was I close! First mention of boxing glove arrow was page 32.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I credit you to making me aware because I had no idea until someone posted it in here (I never finished his tutorial cause cancels and I'm a bad)

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
A bunch of concept art for the game

http://atomhawk.com/case-study/injustice-2

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Compare the character concept art to the early development character roster:

Also a very Red Robin-inspired Damian there.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

hup posted:

He's awesome for just flipping all over the place and constantly frustrating people. His hurricane bow is an easy combo starter, slide kick is great for closing gaps, and you can pop off whatever that special move where he shoots an arrow at the ground is called at an instant. Plus his j3 and d2 have insane reach, which often seems to catch players who thought they were at a safe distance off guard. He's not the strongest character in the game, but he's great at controlling his space.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I know I made fun of it but this AI mode is pretty sick. I can get this Wonder Woman loot by mashing X while watching Tekken 7 videos on Youtube ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh my god, it took me an hour and a half to get through a 7-fight tower, and a full hour of it was spent on one Wonder Woman fight that took me like 20 tries. The two fights after that were actually much simpler so it's like the AI got randomly jacked up for one battle.

Any coaches in this thread? Would be glad to get some pointers -- what's below is the fight when I won and the fight right before that, which more accurately reflects the 18 other times I got owned. I definitely made a lot of execution errors, and probably flubbed more moves that I successfully input, like most of the close vine uppercuts were me flubbing db2 and putting in d2 instead. That's not as bad as all the times in the other fights when I flubbed the combo starter b2d2 and ended up with dd2 and then got smashed in the face while I was doing a stupid armor animation.

But mainly I'm looking for any major tactical things I can improve, things to work on and things to avoid, etc.

https://vimeo.com/219798242

• Locked thread