Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

RBA Starblade posted:

Looks like Metro 2033 Redux has a nasty bug where it crashes to desktop the moment it leaves the intro.
How does that get past testing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SelenicMartian posted:

How does that get past testing?

I don't know but suddenly I don't have high hopes for the rest of it.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

DoctorOfLawls posted:

I find myself enjoying Big Picture more and more, having hooked up my PC to my HDTV. In this context, which shooters are fine with a wireless 360 controller? I was thinking of Bioshock 2, Dead Space, the Metro series (2033/Last Light) and Wolfenstein, but I am not sure if the PC versions play well with a controller, or if I should stick to keyboard/mouse. I know all these games have console versions, but sometimes PC versions don't get along too well with controllers, or don't even support it (Mass Effect, for instance).

Really as long as the game supports Xinput and you're not playing competitive multiplayer then the sky is the limit pretty much. I can't think of one that straight up plays badly with a controller.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Quest For Glory II posted:

Just finished Alpha Protocol. What a wild ride.

Bulletstorm, Bioshock, Dead Space, The Darkness 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution all played just fine on a 360 controller for me. Alpha Protocol as well.
Binary Domain has full controller support as well.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
I haven't been able to log in since the Beta update today. Is this a thing?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

FadedReality posted:

It's not just that Sleeping Dogs had things cut, its development cycle was straight up hosed up. It's a wonder it's as cohesive as it is:

Oh man I want a Sleeping Dogs where you play as Lucy Liu. Didn't True Crime 2 have Snoop Dogg? Combine all that junk and i will give you money for it, game people.

Also, Gunpoint is rad and Tom Francis is a cool guy and deserves your money.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Stan Taylor posted:

Oh man I want a Sleeping Dogs where you play as Lucy Liu. Didn't True Crime 2 have Snoop Dogg? Combine all that junk and i will give you money for it, game people.

Also, Gunpoint is rad and Tom Francis is a cool guy and deserves your money.
Lucy Liu was in Sleeping Dogs!

RBA Starblade posted:

Looks like Metro 2033 Redux has a nasty bug where it crashes to desktop the moment it leaves the intro. Anyone figure out a way around it? There are a lot of complaints on the Steam forums.
Yeah this is weird, I don't have a problem but I know something like that sucks. Is there any common denominator right now about what's causing it?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Sober posted:

Yeah this is weird, I don't have a problem but I know something like that sucks. Is there any common denominator right now about what's causing it?

Not as far as I can tell; there's a 30 page thread on it on Steam. The 'safe mode' it offers when you try to launch after it crashes doesn't seem to do anything either.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
My biggest complaint was that Sleeping Dogs threw money at you but there was like nothing to spend it on, even moreso than most other GTA-like games.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Wha? I bought cars with the money. Lots of cars.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

After playing Alpha Protocol I thought about maybe installing Mass Effect 2 and then I learned that they intentionally disabled gamepad support for the PC version. Thanks EA.

Also I finally finished off the main Hard Reset campaign and kinda felt lukewarm about playing the expansion. Is it just me or is the level design in this game, like, extremely bad. No subtle visual indicators built into the map to guide the player, circuitous routes, expecting you to know when you're supposed to climb terrain when it's not obvious, endless enabling and disabling of force fields, it all got in the way of me running and gunning. Like a bad 3D Sonic that puts a bunch of bullshit in the way of goin' fast.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Aug 27, 2014

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thompsons posted:

My biggest complaint was that Sleeping Dogs threw money at you but there was like nothing to spend it on, even moreso than most other GTA-like games.

If you are not spending all your money on tea, chicken skewers, energy drinks and pork buns, you are not a whole man!

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Weird question but is it worth it to replay Painkiller on hard for the extra levels that are locked off or should I just jump into the remake?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Quest For Glory II posted:

After playing Alpha Protocol I thought about maybe installing Mass Effect 2 and then I learned that they intentionally disabled gamepad support for the PC version. Thanks EA.

Also I finally finished off the main Hard Reset campaign and kinda felt lukewarm about playing the expansion. Is it just me or is the level design in this game, like, extremely bad. No subtle visual indicators built into the map to guide the player, circuitous routes, expecting you to know when you're supposed to climb terrain when it's not obvious, endless enabling and disabling of force fields, it all got in the way of me running and gunning. Like a bad 3D Sonic that puts a bunch of bullshit in the way of goin' fast.

Hard reset was pretty boring, but that design issue you have was an homage to the older games who also didn't really have those things.

Not saying it was anything other than lovely, but it's a design choice callback (from back when they didn't really have any design choices).

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

But DOOM at least had a map system. Maybe I missed it but I didn't see any kind of map function in Hard Reset, and the game was designed to be a lot more linear than a DOOM type game where the levels are fairly open and you are travelling back and forth. Hard Reset funnels you through a lot of corridors and sometimes some big outdoor 'arenas' where you fight mobs. But it can get labyrinthian and twisting. In the Atlas level there were several sections that looked like the same exact section but weren't, leading me to believe that they copied and pasted, Halo 1-style, to pad the level out :/

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Aug 27, 2014

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
Any opinions about Crypt of the Necrodancer and Vector Thrust?

Both look fairly interesting, despite being Early Access games.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
Necrodancer is a fantastic game and one of the best rhythm games on PC. It's the majority of a full game already, as well, not some "early access" never-to-be-finished shell.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Super Time Force is :krad:
Much like Broforce, it is not very challenging, most of the time bruteforcing the level with the wave of your time travel copies works, but the timer provides much opportunity for raising your effectiveness. Probably a great game for speedrunning.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Bwahaha, the PC in The Crew is this guy:

Whoops, timg'ed

Croccers fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Aug 27, 2014

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Croccers posted:

Bwahaha, the PC in The Crew is this guy:

Whoops, timg'ed

Surrender, Freeman.

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011

Drifter posted:

Not saying it was anything other than lovely, but it's a design choice callback (from back when they didn't really have any design choices).

Hard Reset was supposed to play just like an old-school FPS, and it really really didn't - the team just didn't seem to get what made those games fun (Bioshock Infinite's 1999 mode was similarly problematic IMO).

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

ookiimarukochan posted:

Hard Reset was supposed to play just like an old-school FPS, and it really really didn't

It did. It just wasn't the kind of old-school people were expecting. It's not Doom/Duke Nukem/2.5d style, but much closer to Quake 2 than anything.

Keep in mind that Quake 2 is 17 years old now.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Dominic White posted:

Thanks for making me feel old :argh:

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

The save only affects some of Clem's dialogue in episode 2 and whether or not some characters have cameos later on.

Uh, it affects the dialogue in some hugely important ways, even in the first episode. For example...

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dominic White posted:

It did. It just wasn't the kind of old-school people were expecting. It's not Doom/Duke Nukem/2.5d style, but much closer to Quake 2 than anything.

I agree here. It felt like going back and playing a slightly more hectic version of Quake 2. I will also say, if you completed the main campaign, play the DLC!. It's a proper ending for the story and isn't absurdly long or terribly tedious. I enjoyed Hard Reset, but not to the point that I would do the foaming-at-the-mouth rabid fan boy stuff.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The Joe Man posted:

Weird question but is it worth it to replay Painkiller on hard for the extra levels that are locked off or should I just jump into the remake?

Yes, it is. :gibs:

gyger
Feb 19, 2010
Half Minute Hero 2 is 33% off and bundled with the first game and soundtrack.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

gyger posted:

Half Minute Hero 2 is 33% off and bundled with the first game and soundtrack.

The first game (set to use the original graphics) is really loving good so even if the second is more of the same, it's absolutely worth it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I guess I'm really bad at fighting games because I can't figure out for the life of me what the timing is to do a fallbreaker in KoF and it won't let me move on until I do it :mad:

VVVV Grabbed AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! thanks!

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Aug 27, 2014

dihaploidy
Oct 31, 2010

Buglord
More humble games unlocked. I also found some more unclaimed keys sitting around.

Little Inferno
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome
Gemini Rue
The Bard's Tale
Solar 2
Galcon Fusion
Fieldrunners
Ittle Dew
Frozen Synapse
Legend of Grimrock
Orcs Must Die 2
Pixeljunk Eden

Beat Hazard Ultra: QLP3Z-54A3V-WH76T
Nightsky: LBZPJ-H05ZJ-YBAGT
Solar 2: RLCB3-M0ZR9-LZ5B2
Dungeon Defenders: LHT3L-BYYVN-PAV3Q
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery: QAVVZ-A93JG-ANHR7
Crayon Physics Deluxe: E2Z7Q-VKZLX-P5338

dihaploidy fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 27, 2014

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

dihaploidy posted:

More humble games unlocked. I also found some more unclaimed keys sitting around.

Crayon Physics Deluxe: E2Z7Q-VKZLX-P5338

Grabbed this, thanks!

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Got PixelJunk Eden, thank you!

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

dihaploidy posted:

The Bard's Tale

Thank you!

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

dihaploidy posted:

Orcs Must Die 2

Grabbed this one. Thanks buddy :)

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Thanks for Gemini Rue and Ittle Dew. :) Can't believe I actually got to take anything at all haha.

First person to friend me on Steam gets E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy. If I already have you, just say whatever. :v:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Azran/

Also, since I'm playing Metro Redux right now, I feel it's fitting to link one of the best post-release trailers I've seen for a game (it was also made by one dude on its spare time).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2djDE_kwH3Q

Azran fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 27, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sober posted:

My Redux is both running crash free and better than original 2033

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wish I knew why; I don't even get to the menu. :smith:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I haven't played The Walking Dead 2 yet, but judging by the sale image it's safe to assume that the protagonist in season 3 will be that baby, right?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Freak Futanari posted:

I haven't played The Walking Dead 2 yet, but judging by the sale image it's safe to assume that the protagonist in season 3 will be that baby, right?

It's very unlikely. The comic has only moved a few years past the outbreak and its very unlikely Kirkman will let them move past that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Mokinokaro posted:

It's very unlikely. The comic has only moved a few years past the outbreak and its very unlikely Kirkman will let them move past that.

Oh, it doesn't have to grow up or anything, they can just make it a zombie apocalypse baby sim with some harsh moral choices.

• Locked thread