Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Rick posted:

What if EMF gets $1,000 from these lawsuits and buys this subforum from Jeffery YPOS?

may death come swiftly to his enemies

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Does anyone have an informed take on what this means? I’m seeing a lot of hand waving from Reddit that these are all ambulance chasers, but like if 5 law firms are chasing an ambulance, surely there’s something worth chasing?

here's my take, as someone who works adjacent to the legal profession and knows a bit about this segment specifically:

It's not unusual after one well-known firm (Scott + Scott) files a case like this for other firms to essentially jump aboard and file their own cases. What'll happen is that they'll all get consolidated into one case, either directly if everyone filed in one place or as part of an MDL (multi-district litigation) proceeding and the judge will decide which firm, or firms, get to be lead counsel and run the thing. The other firms filing think there's at least something there, but they don't necessarily think it's a killer case. Sometimes firms will file because they are friends with the other firm that filed and think they'll get a good position for that reason, sometime they file just kind of thinking "let's see if we get leadership and then see how strong the case is," sometimes they file because they see everyone else filing and have a plaintiff handy and don't want to miss the boat. There's a lot of political maneuvering behind the scenes on that kind of thing. But they all think there's at least a real claim there -- or at least they are supposed to, because it is sanctionable to file a frivolous lawsuit without doing your homework on it first.

The part where this is bad for WWE is that these are not "ambulance chaser" firms. This isn't Bob's Legal Services on the corner who does slip and fall cases. At least some of these are large firms with a shitload of money that know what the gently caress they are doing. Labaton and Scott + Scott are firms I'm very familiar with, not so much the others because I don't know that much about securities firms specifically. But these are firms that are used to filing lawsuits against literally the biggest companies in the world and litigating them for as long as it takes. More importantly they do this on a contingency basis, meaning they take a cut of the money at the end but no one pays them during the course of the case. This means WWE can't really just drown them in lawyers the way it could a normal plaintiff, because it's never going to get to the point where someone can't afford to pay the bill to keep going. These type of firms are used to spending years grinding out a case only to get paid at the end.

The other reality is, unless WWE wants to pay this off right now to make it go away, these kinds of cases usually take a long time to resolve. So the most likely scenario in my opinion is that like five or six years from now we'll all see a story about how WWE settled their shareholder suit for however many million dollars (or some undisclosed amount) and everyone will go "oh yeah, I vaguely remember...this is that thing where Vince slept with someone right? Huh weird I wonder what else ever happened with that" and that'll be it.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i guess i shoulda had him shoot meltzer like the end of the joker... but i remembered the poopy underwear thing, was possessed

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lol lmfao

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

1glitch0 posted:

I find Vince's attachment to Pritchard baffling. He hasn't really done anything. I'm sure he's a great asskisser, but Vince is surrounded by great asskissers. Same with Johnny Ace to a lesser extent. Just a lovely nothing wrestler from decades ago. How do they, especially Pritchard, hang on when so many other randos fall away?

Likely a little too much "alpha" in a lot of the guys that fell off over the years, too much of a threat to Vince's increasingly fragile ego. Vince probably has started seeing too many potential kingslaying Jaime Lannisters around him and prefers to surround himself with people who look and act more like Varys and Little Finger.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
You all can mock brother love as much as you want but he brought in the undertaker, changing the business forever

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

rotinaj posted:

You all can mock brother love as much as you want but he brought in the undertaker, changing the business forever

The undertaker is an arsonist parent murderer who shouldn't be in the sports entertainment I love!!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

rotinaj posted:

Lollin the second vince realized he had stumbled into something with taker they wisked brother love away from him as quickly as possible

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lmfao

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Neodoomium posted:

Has Pritchard done literally anything good in his 75 years in wrestling? I am having a hard time thinking of a single thing.

There was one episode of his podcast where he talked about the Houston wrestling territory & it's super interesting and about the only time he has ever come across sincerely.

That's it. Apparently the episode did poor numbers so they went back to talking about WWF.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The undertaker is an arsonist parent murderer who shouldn't be in the sports entertainment I love!!

I am a kane truther and i believe that that sonofagun paul grimm was behind the fire, not little Glen Kane nor Mark Calloway

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

iamsosmrt posted:

Likely a little too much "alpha" in a lot of the guys that fell off over the years, too much of a threat to Vince's increasingly fragile ego. Vince probably has started seeing too many potential kingslaying Jaime Lannisters around him and prefers to surround himself with people who look and act more like Varys and Little Finger.

Nick Khan could pull off a good Varys if he shaved I bet

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Does anyone have a streamable of the Elias/Ezekiel/Owens stuff? I'm glad they finally did the Faces of Foley thing and want to check it out because it sounds like it was the perfect kind of dumb fun wrestling can be.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Ganso Bomb posted:

Does anyone have a streamable of the Elias/Ezekiel/Owens stuff? I'm glad they finally did the Faces of Foley thing and want to check it out because it sounds like it was the perfect kind of dumb fun wrestling can be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fq0N8wTT5c

Yeah, pretty much. If we got more of this kind of stuff, Raw would routinely be... what's that word I'm thinking of... "watchable"?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://mobile.twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1539341265787006977

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Michael Douglas should play Vince in the biopic about him being a sleazy, manipulative power hungry freak

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

You know, I think you DO have to hand it to Vince.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Michael Douglas should play Vince in the biopic about him being a sleazy, manipulative power hungry freak

Hi I’m gay CEO Vince McMahon

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Just another stroke in Vince's master plan. By this time next year Omega will be losing to Roman in 3 minutes as a warmup for his big match against Brock Lesnar. Stard*st will be at ringside forced to watch as Vince finally puts AEW down for good before serving out the remainder of his contract on the Main Event cruiserweight division.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Geez gently caress this company

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kvantum posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Fq0N8wTT5c

Yeah, pretty much. If we got more of this kind of stuff, Raw would routinely be... what's that word I'm thinking of... "watchable"?

Got the first half here as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmjQFIm4cpc

This rules. Elias rules. Kevin Owens rules. This is the one good thing they've done in like 6 years.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I ain’t watching that god drat crap! Lol

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

That DICK! posted:

I ain’t watching that god drat crap! Lol

Hell yeah, slap me some skin That Dick!!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Majinfoose posted:

Regal?!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

gat damb

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Tony, you know what you have to do

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Mons Hubris posted:

Tony turning into Mr. Glass when he jumps off the ring steps

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Getting outed for paying an employee 3 million dollars because you were sleeping with her and passing her off to another executive as a toy is how brands are going to win.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol at the really bad fake beard on elias from such an insanely profitable company

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Mons Hubris posted:

If he does any more, his sinuses will cave in

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol at the really bad fake beard on elias from such an insanely profitable company

you don’t make profits spending money on beards

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Orange Carlisle posted:

Honestly the fact that it was so bad fits into the angle perfectly.

KO notices it but is going insane because he's not thinking with wrestling logic

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Majinfoose posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

you don’t make profits spending money on beards

Tell George Michael