Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GentlemanGiant
Jan 6, 2013

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

poo poo, what top is that? I'm a sucker for sleeves like that.

It is the 'Coat of the Lost Thief' which drops from Arboretum Normal and Pharos Hard.
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/d21022507ca

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Mordiceius posted:

I think that if they had announced male/female hrothgar without announcing viera, the reaction would have been even worse. People are loving psychopaths about viera.

And had they only released female viera the reaction would have been like, less than half as mad as people are now.

Meanwhile, I am 100% on board with no new playable races after the new two have been fully realized. I also still have my free fantasia's.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

They'll probably add new races after a while if only because I imagine they're a massive temporary boost in profits from everyone buying Fantasias. You probably could've gold plated Yoshida's bathroom with female Au Ra money.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Add playable mammetts

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vermain posted:

They'll probably add new races after a while if only because I imagine they're a massive temporary boost in profits from everyone buying Fantasias. You probably could've gold plated Yoshida's bathroom with female Au Ra money.

the question here is does that boost justify the time/money of making a new race, because as mentioned in Yoshida's interview it ain't cheap or quick

It will also only get more expensive and time-consuming the longer the game goes on

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
I've got a spare fantasia, as I used the first one I got to switch from Miqo'te to Elezen, and wont be changing any time soon. I'll create a viera retainer however.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Yapping Eevee posted:

#1: Tiny Bayonetta

Oh, my. That's just adorable. :neckbeard:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Add playable mammetts

It would be fun to temporarily "assume direct control" of minions without subjecting oneself to Lords of Verminion, just for fun and with no overarching strategy. For starters, it's nice that the mammeteer title can turn wandering minions into obedient ones.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Months behind and with the scrub buff but at least I cleared a goddamn tier for once

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

hey guys post your MCH glams

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 12, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cool Jak 2 character

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Any advice for targeting Aetherial Manipulation on controller? Seems like it would be difficult without a mouseover macro to quickly spot the safe targetfriend, target them and fire in time to be safe

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Fairly pleased with myself on this one.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Ciaphas posted:

Any advice for targeting Aetherial Manipulation on controller? Seems like it would be difficult without a mouseover macro to quickly spot the safe targetfriend, target them and fire in time to be safe

You can macro it as /ac "Aetherial Manipulation" <f> and then focus target the most competent party member. Or bind L3/R3 to assist target so you can switch to targeting the tank from the boss quickly.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Fairly pleased with myself on this one.

Yeah, you should be. That's rockin'.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Cool Jak 2 character

the only jak game i’ve played is the one that doesn’t even have jak in it but if memory serves me right jak 2 is the edgy one and if that’s the case then thank you

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kaubocks posted:

the only jak game i’ve played is the one that doesn’t even have jak in it but if memory serves me right jak 2 is the edgy one and if that’s the case then thank you
It's not a criticism, just a statement. The Jak series is dumb as poo poo but it has great art direction.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Here's hoping for some substance to go with all this style come SB2.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

johnny park posted:

youre such a loving goon. kill yourself

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

quote:

This guy stinks! User loses posting privileges for 1 month.

quote:

You've been getting probated or banned for posting like this in threads about video games for almost a decade now. So from now on, all your bad posts are ban-on-sight. Have fun, Johnny.

quote:

Whoops, this is actually permabanned user iceman18772/1-976-ATHEIST. So actually you've been getting banned for this for more than a decade.

Good work managing to be such white noise that nobody paid attention to you.

:laffo:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

That man has more dedication to the craft of posting than I, in my measly unbanned state, ever will.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

caw caw motherfuckers

(i don't actually have any proper glamour set ups i'm not that good at this game but i do like birds a lot)

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Apr 12, 2019

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

I play the Leading Cat, who else?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Most of my glams are MCH glams, but this is probably my favorite because I never see anyone else wearing anything like it on a MCH. I was shocked to discover I had no pictures of it!

It's a lot brighter during the day, the Bismarck weapon goes great with the blue.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Thot...? I don't understand this fascination with the Egyptian god of writing.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Ibblebibble posted:

hey guys post your MCH glams

Anyone got that image of the laughing Hrothgar with the text "Male Viera"?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

MCH glams!

My old glam but definitely my favourite, swapped the relic gun for the wanderers one after this shot.

This is my current mch+brd glam. I like that it looks like a natural upgrade of my old one. Level 70 Boss.

Bloodborne cosplay from a few halloweens ago.

This was my main glam back when I started playing MCH. Yes, I did indeed go through a cowgirl phase.

Telum
Apr 17, 2013

I am protector of the innocent! I am the light in the darkness! I am truth! Ally to good! Nightmare to you!

Bolow posted:

Months behind and with the scrub buff but at least I cleared a goddamn tier for once

Grats! It's a pretty fun fight IMO.

...or maybe that's the stockholm syndrome speaking, who knows.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
gently places hand on your shoulder "Hey"

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Step up to this lady, get revealed as an awful poster.

This gun is the best and the worst.

It's like Yosemite sam designed a weapon for this game

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

that whole thing was a hell of a ride for only spanning about 2 pages. i had to check what year it was.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009
MCH glam:

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
To jump in new races chat, I'm just mad I can't play as a Bangaa. Though depending on what they do with Hrothgar I might fantasia to one for a bit. But I'm already the best race (lady Roe) so :shrug:

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is there a material reward to the questline after Shisui of the Violent Tides or is it just story?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Schneider Heim posted:

Is there a material reward to the questline after Shisui of the Violent Tides or is it just story?

It unlocks a crafter sidequest line for later.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

*levels DRG to 70* *hits 20 minute exdr queue*

wait, why did i do that instead of just playing drk, again

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Ciaphas posted:

*levels DRG to 70* *hits 20 minute exdr queue*

wait, why did i do that instead of just playing drk, again

I struggle with this for any DPS. I like playing DPS, but automatically adding 20 minutes to my playtime kinda sucks.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

This gun is the best

yeah

no

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Ouhei posted:

I struggle with this for any DPS. I like playing DPS, but automatically adding 20 minutes to my playtime kinda sucks.

Therr are generally other things you can do in game while in queue.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ouhei posted:

use that 20 minutes to do sidequests or dailies or crafting or GATEs or Triple Triad or fishing log or custom deliveries or FATEs or ...

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
i had to stop levelling my WAR in order to get long enough queue times to meaningfully level my crafters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

IcePhoenix posted:

use that 20 minutes to do sidequests or dailies or crafting or GATEs or Triple Triad or fishing log or custom deliveries or FATEs or ...

Most of those things are a lot less fun than doing a dungeon