Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

MourningView posted:

We are all of a year removed from Michigan beating Penn State by 40 but yeah 2 team race.

Yeah, Harbaugh isn't going anywhere unless he leaves of his own accord.

As funny as his failure would be, dude has had no offensive talent to win with. He'll get a QB and he'll be fine.

Shea Patterson eligible next year? They'll contend for the Big Ten title for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I mean if his name wasn't Jim Harbaugh I think he'd deservedly be on the hot seat. The Michigan Man bullshit has blinded them.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
They were in the Orange Bowl last year and lost almost every contributor to graduation or the NFL

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Henchman of Santa posted:

They were in the Orange Bowl last year and lost almost every contributor to graduation or the NFL

Seriously. It's fun to clown on him to make Michigan fans mad but thinking he's actually done badly is insane. They were literal inches from the conference title game last year and this year was always supposed to be a rebuilding season. They're fine.

LeeMajors posted:

Yeah, Harbaugh isn't going anywhere unless he leaves of his own accord.

As funny as his failure would be, dude has had no offensive talent to win with. He'll get a QB and he'll be fine.

Shea Patterson eligible next year? They'll contend for the Big Ten title for sure.

He is but I don't know if he'll start right away. I think Peters is actually going to be pretty good and he'll have more time in the system. He was only a freshman this year and did fine for the most part.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 2, 2018

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

an adult beverage posted:

I mean if his name wasn't Jim Harbaugh I think he'd deservedly be on the hot seat. The Michigan Man bullshit has blinded them.

Yeah this is dumb. Harbaugh will be fine, as much as I fantasize about his Spergy misery.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Komet posted:

Finally, a good a Sandusky joke. There hasn't been a fresh one in years

Here's hoping Sandusky doesn't break his personal dry spell any time soon.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Rhythmic checking

lmao

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
The dumb rumor in Tigerland is that Kendall Briles will be the next OC at LSU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Harbaugh is an excellent coach and it's amazing that half of TFF has convinced itself otherwise.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/joshnewberg247/status/948251674354778113

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

[quote="“C2C - 2.0”" post="“479852429”"]
The dumb rumor in Tigerland is that Kendall Briles will be the next OC at LSU
[/quote]

Wishful thinking.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Harbaugh is an excellent coach and it's amazing that half of TFF has convinced itself otherwise.

I'm pretty sure it started as a joke and then somehow the joke was repeated enough that people decided it was true.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Dan Lanning from Memphis is apparently replacing Kevin Sherrer as OLD coach due to Sherrer getting hired to Tennessee. I don’t know enough about him or Memphis to know if this is a good hire.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

MourningView posted:

I'm pretty sure it started as a joke and then somehow the joke was repeated enough that people decided it was true.

So its like internet neonazis?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Utah: Former Oregon State, Utah State, and Wisconsin head coach Gary Andersen has been announced as a defensive assistant / associate head coach. Andersen joins Kyle Whittingham’s staff as the 10th assistant.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Joey Freshwater posted:

https://twitter.com/ChancellorDav/status/948255749167374339

oh Bev :allears:

e: for reference there's still a giant mural of Butch on the back of the jumbotron at Neyland

https://twitter.com/Charlie_Burris/status/944251249431601152

xpostin from the NFL coaching thread 'cause I'm a doofus

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

2018 National Champions Utah Utes

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Korranus posted:

The main name now appearing as Houston's next OC is noted enemy of Rutgers athletics Drew Mehringer. :barf:

Please take him, Herman is apparently super enamored with him and if we see a midseason demotion of Tim Beck next year we’re gonna get Mehringer calling plays.

Then again Tom Herman knows more than us about football offense so you’ve got to take his endorsement for something. Maybe it would actually be a good get? Somehow?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

The Glumslinger posted:

So its like internet neonazis?

Exactly. Humans are so dumb if they hear something often enough and don't bother to engage their brains they assume it's got some shred of truth. Alternatively you can think of it as most humans innately believe people wouldn't completely lie to them unprovoked.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

I mean, he's alright, but he's no Will Muschamp

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Hmmm
https://twitter.com/danwolken/status/948377854680686592

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

welp

https://twitter.com/ghansen711/status/948382991830536192

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It was funnier when the idea was just "lose to Purdue? Yeah that's a firing."

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Yaaaaay we're not done yet boys

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/948395101037801472

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Hoooooly poo poo.

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

I'd expect nothing less from this year's carousel.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Just when I thought the craziest coaching carousel ever was over

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

RIP RichRod

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

HOOOOLY poo poo. The state of Arizona, man...

ASU: We're going to totally gently caress up this whole coach thing.

UA: Hold my beer!

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/948396851887210496

Sorry to all y'all recruits who signed already, I guess

E:

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/948398275211620352

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 3, 2018

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

There has to be more than just football reasons, because even with the bowl loss and kinda sputtering at the end of the season, he had them trending upward. Arizona was literally picked to be last in the Pac-12 South, and yet he had them competing this year, so if they did fire him over football performance and not something else, the UA Athletic Department is run worse than even ASU's.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

combine the teams, let herm run both

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Why wait so long?

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
what the gently caress

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

didn't huddle enough

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
if you're planning on firing him (stupid) and you decided to do this before the bowl game, why did you wait

are you dumber than ASU somehow

god loving dammit

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Ok here's the scoop

quote:

Today is a difficult day for the University of Arizona but also a day on which we reaffirm our commitment to our values—and to ourselves.

This evening, we informed Head Football Coach Rich Rodriguez that we have terminated his employment effective immediately and will honor the separation terms of his contract. The decision is based on several factors, including the direction and climate of our football program.

Let us share with you what we are able to at this time.

In October 2017, the University’s Office of Institutional Equity retained outside counsel to investigate allegations of sexual harassment against Mr. Rodriguez, after a former employee in the Department of Athletics alleged that Mr. Rodriguez harassed her on multiple occasions. Like all University employees, Mr. Rodriguez is entitled to a fair investigation and due process and at no time has the University believed that Mr. Rodriguez posed any danger to a member of the community.

The law firm of Cohen Dowd Quigley was retained by the Office of Institutional Equity to conduct a comprehensive investigation into the allegations made by the former employee and that investigation began in October. After her initial report to the University in October, the former employee retained counsel and declined multiple requests from the University to participate in the investigation into her allegations. In addition, she was unwilling to turn over communications that she alleged provided support for her allegations and recently filed a notice of a financial claim against Mr. Rodriguez.

The investigation, which concluded on December 28, 2017, found that the original specific harassment allegations against Mr. Rodriguez could not be substantiated based on the evidence and witnesses available to it. However, Arizona Athletics did become aware of information, both before and during the investigation, which caused it to be concerned with the direction and climate of the football program.

I uhh suspect there's something else going on.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

are you dumber than ASU somehow

Even at this late hour it seems impossible they could make a more disastrous hire than ASU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

General Dog posted:

Even at this late hour it seems impossible they could make a more disastrous hire than ASU

Yeah, there are plenty of notable names available. They could go for Les Miles, Kevin Sumlin. I hear one M. Stoops has some free time suddenly now too and likes second chances...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
at least I have Nebraska and Houston too

• Locked thread