Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ooh. How is Days of Ruin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Kaubocks posted:

The first ending I got was the coffin ending. Sucks that I thought things were starting to finally get interesting but NOPE.

My first and only ending was the coffin ending. Are you guys saying there was more? :shrug:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

It's okay to like 999 guys. It's not like it's a crime against humanity to like a dumb game.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

The one thing about Ghost Trick is that if you're dumb like me and you gently caress up the puzzles a bunch, the repetitive nature of the gameplay outweighs the compelling storylines and it's hard to play for very long in one sitting.

I'll finish it one day. For what I've played of it it's really good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The puzzles in Ghost Trick that rely too much on timing are annoying but otherwise it's a really charming and cool game.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
It's worth playing Ghost Trick because Missile is the poo poo and the best character ever

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

999 and ghost trick are both good and if you don't think so you might be retarded

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Davincie posted:

999 and ghost trick are both good and if you don't think so you might be retarded
Finally some sense in this thread.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I'm playing Mario and Luigi Dream Team. Is there a way to disable tilt controls? They loving suck and break half the time and make the awful gimmick giant boss battles even worse. I got all the way to the zeekeeper but I'm ready to put this game in the garbage toilet.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The Milkman posted:

I'm playing Mario and Luigi Dream Team. Is there a way to disable tilt controls? They loving suck and break half the time and make the awful gimmick giant boss battles even worse. I got all the way to the zeekeeper but I'm ready to put this game in the garbage toilet.

Unfortunately, no. You actively need them for a lot of special attacks. My advice is play on a steady surface if you can and try rebooting the system if need be. It's a known bug.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
So far Etrian Mystery Dungeon is real good and especially better at being a crossover than Persona Q was.

I mean, Persona Q is fine and all, but it didn't have nearly enough anime and dating sim to be a Persona game and didn't have any of EO stuff aside from the way the map worked and FOEs.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Fix posted:

Ooh. How is Days of Ruin?

Owns

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Visual novels are the only "games" worth playing. I'm sorry if you're not intelligent enough to like them? :shobon:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I don't think that's true.

Smoremaster
Aug 5, 2009

Don't forget to source your quotes!
You see, a visual novel is a game because you have to press a button.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Smoremaster posted:

You see, a visual novel is a game because you have to press a button.

Video games are on video :downs:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I thought it was still on my Amazon wishlist but apparently I do have Ghost Trick. It was sitting on a side table, under the other games. No idea how long it's been there, or even how it got there. I'm gonna blame this mystery on xmas drinkin' until someone presents contrary evidence...also TWEWY...I need to stop drinking so much during the holidays.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0YLxq_z_N8

Nintendo will not let you forget that Swapnote is dead and is never coming back.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Not knowing Japanese makes that ad seem even more vindictive than it already is.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Champeenship posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0YLxq_z_N8

Nintendo will not let you forget that Swapnote is dead and is never coming back.

I'm crying.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They gave Nikki a new app in Japan, it's a quiz game or something and I think it's Club Nintendo-exclusive.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes
I really liked 999. Virtue's Last Reward is also really great, but I can't bring myself to actually recommend it to anyone. After putting 24 hours into the game and finally starting to make some sense about what was happening, it ate my save. Apparently it's a not uncommon occurrence. They're both definitely fun, but beware VLR might waste your time.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

VLR is amazing, and if you need to buy a Vita to play it then you should. The final stretches of the game were a nonstop mind fucks.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

that video makes me angry cuz I really want THOSE cool color buttons on my red new 3DSXL :(

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I got a $25 gift card to Dell for buying Majora's Mask from them, and they don't have Xenonlade for sale pre-order. That's disappointing.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

the truth posted:

I got a $25 gift card to Dell for buying Majora's Mask from them, and they don't have Xenonlade for sale pre-order. That's disappointing.

Wait 3 days?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

:golfclap:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

the truth posted:

VLR is amazing, and if you need to buy a Vita to play it then you should. The final stretches of the game were a nonstop mind fucks.

Plus if you buy a Vita you can play the best version of Persona 4

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I want my new streetpass plaza games

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
I ordered a Decalgirl skin back in late March. It was 15 minutes away from me on Friday, but instead of sending it to my post office, USPS sent it back to San Francisco. :cripes:

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

This new Yo-Kai looks like Soul King Brook from One Piece got a job as an Apple loading screen.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I got coffin first time in 999 and still liked it. I liked VLR better though since it handles the gimmick of the story in a much more interesting fashion and avoids the trap of forcing you to fast forward through text to get back to a route split.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

fount of knowledge posted:

My first and only ending was the coffin ending. Are you guys saying there was more? :shrug:

999 handles its gimmick in a pretty awful way. Even if you play the game knowing how to get to the real ending in the least amount of time, you still have to play the game through once, start again, skip through the beginning portions, and make the choices for the True ending which is unlocked by completing the right alternate route on your first playthrough. VLR does this a lot better with its flowchart system, which lets you skip back and forth between any scene or major decision point in the game freely.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

I really liked 999. Virtue's Last Reward is also really great, but I can't bring myself to actually recommend it to anyone. After putting 24 hours into the game and finally starting to make some sense about what was happening, it ate my save. Apparently it's a not uncommon occurrence. They're both definitely fun, but beware VLR might waste your time.

For anyone wanting to give it a go but doesn't want to lose their save I believe that was patched, maybe, but to avoid the glitch all you have to do is not save while inside one of the escape rooms. Supposedly it's just a particular room, but I forget which so better safe than sorry.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I read that the MH4U dlc was item packs were still available, yet it shows me nothing. Am I a fool?

Also this game is pretty rad and is my first monster hunter, anyone else still playing?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Brightman posted:

For anyone wanting to give it a go but doesn't want to lose their save I believe that was patched, maybe, but to avoid the glitch all you have to do is not save while inside one of the escape rooms. Supposedly it's just a particular room, but I forget which so better safe than sorry.

The PEC Room. The eShop version of the game just fixed it by disabling being able to save in Escape Rooms.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Pokemon Y wal-mart pre-owned, $20 if anyones interested. Probably only a few in stock. I've had good luck with walmart pre-owned arriving in original cases.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pokemon-Y-Nintendo-3DS-Pre-Owned/37310558

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I read that the MH4U dlc was item packs were still available, yet it shows me nothing. Am I a fool?

Also this game is pretty rad and is my first monster hunter, anyone else still playing?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3700172

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

There was a welcome pack that had a bunch of starter items and the stuff to make a super mario palico set, but I think that was a limited time thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

There was a welcome pack that had a bunch of starter items and the stuff to make a super mario palico set, but I think that was a limited time thing.

I think it was also limited to specific copies because I totally didn't get the set from Amazon.