Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
RPG Site has a write up with impressions on the Nelke TGS demo:
https://www.rpgsite.net/preview/7806-nelke-the-legendary-alchemists-hands-on-impressions-from-tgs-2018t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

quote:

This is especially true considering every single character that appears in this game has been re-designed by NOCO, whose superb drawings have turned them all into pretty girls and handsome men.

but wheres the atelier game with handsome girls and pretty men

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter is pretty interesting so far. It took some getting used to before I got past the first area of the game, because at that point combat revolves around healing after almost every hit you take. But once you get Nina, the battle system seems to start falling into place.

Really wasn't expecting this game to be SMT: Nocturne with proto-Gurren Lagann characters, FF12's soundtrack, and a battle system that somehow manages to be a combination of Divinity Original Sin and Silent Hill. Pretty weird, but definitely interesting. The atmosphere is really tense and mysterious. It's cool. The art style is moody and has aged pretty well too.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Early indicators show Atelier Arland DX did not place in any sales charts. It barely ranked on the top sellers list in the eshop, but the games ahead of it only sold in the 6000 copy range physical in past weeks.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Elephant Parade posted:

apparently getting telegibbed is a permakill, too :laffo: glad I didn't save

lmao that owns. it owns even more because later on you have to intentionally induce random teleportation to progress

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013

Endorph posted:

but wheres the atelier game with handsome girls and pretty men

Atelier Elkrone, the PSP Atelier otome game.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Dehry posted:

Early indicators show Atelier Arland DX did not place in any sales charts. It barely ranked on the top sellers list in the eshop, but the games ahead of it only sold in the 6000 copy range physical in past weeks.

Is it sold as a single collection or as 3 separate titles or both?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo, the Thabes Labyrith really doesn't gently caress around. Gray's got maxed out health, attack and speed and he's still having trouble with some of these guys.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

RareAcumen posted:

Holy poo poo, the Thabes Labyrith really doesn't gently caress around. Gray's got maxed out health, attack and speed and he's still having trouble with some of these guys.

Yeah, they really want you to buy the overclass and grinding DLC for the postgame

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

We had individual threads for each game when they came out but the most recent one was 3 years ago

Have any good mods come out since then? They played up their mission designing tools as a selling point but I have no idea if anything's actually come of them.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i dropped postgame before even reaching archanea

it felt hard and unfun in a way that felt like it was compelling me to buy grinding DLC, yeah

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

DisDisDis posted:

lmao that owns. it owns even more because later on you have to intentionally induce random teleportation to progress
telegibbing is probably less of an issue in most areas, since it probably only happens if the trap rolls a wall square (something most floors don't seem to have many of). I just had the misfortune to trigger it in Mauria Woods, which is full of wall squares

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tales of Woe posted:

Is it sold as a single collection or as 3 separate titles or both?

The collections are what are featured but there are individual titles available. They can be bought separately for around $46 USD individually or $103 in a 3 pack so there's more value in that. Those prices are also 10% off through most of October on digital.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Scrap Dragon posted:

Yeah, they really want you to buy the overclass and grinding DLC for the postgame

I've already got them and I'm just now getting more people besides Faye overclassed.

I'm really glad I suddenly felt like getting back on a kick of playing this game again. I feel much better about having bought all that DLC and the Cipher characters now. Still can't believe they're all made up though. And it's a shame Shade and Yuzu are probably never gonna appear in anything after this. And that they never put overclass units in the game. I saw the concept art for them.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

the long-awaited dqxi orchestration mod is out now

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Grab it now because it almost assuredly will get taken down

And then rehost it for me because I'm at work and can't download it myself right now :smith:

Ostrava
Aug 21, 2014
Anyone been keeping an eye on Pathfinder: Kingmaker? It totally flew under my radar until I saw it at PAX. On the surface it's looking good however it's coming out tomorrow and I'm seeing almost no coverage on it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Man, this is a huge improvement.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Ostrava posted:

Anyone been keeping an eye on Pathfinder: Kingmaker? It totally flew under my radar until I saw it at PAX. On the surface it's looking good however it's coming out tomorrow and I'm seeing almost no coverage on it.

Yeah, media coverage for it has been poo poo. Was following someone playing through the beta, and seemed pretty good if you like isometric rpgs. At this point you could just wait until tomorrow and see what people have to say about the final copy though, since there's no preorder discount, only some extras.

Ostrava
Aug 21, 2014

Lord Koth posted:

Yeah, media coverage for it has been poo poo. Was following someone playing through the beta, and seemed pretty good if you like isometric rpgs. At this point you could just wait until tomorrow and see what people have to say about the final copy though, since there's no preorder discount, only some extras.

Yeah, the extra's for pre-order weren't particularly interesting. I'm thinking of just sacrificing $40 as an early adopt to figure out if the game is any good considering I can't find any coverage that's trustworthy.

I'm kind'a dieing to know if its setup like a sand-box or not. Especially if it has a user editor a la neverwinter nights.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The one thing I like about D&D 3.x is the character building process, where you're sifting through feats and prestige classes and whatever so if the pathfinder game delivers on that but while having a computer handle the arduous task of actually managing the game rules, that would be pretty cool

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
has anyone provided a patch file for Tactics Ogre PSP which leaves the game totally intact and just neuters that horrific crafting system?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Oh apparently I was supposed to do the Keithgriff friendship stuff before saving Nio

He's actually grown on me as one of my favorites in the game so this sucks

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

The one thing I like about D&D 3.x is the character building process, where you're sifting through feats and prestige classes and whatever so if the pathfinder game delivers on that but while having a computer handle the arduous task of actually managing the game rules, that would be pretty cool

All the Core classes, plus most of the Base classes (no Cavalier, Vigilante or Summoner) are in - plus Dragon Disciple, Mystic Theurge, Arcane Trickster and Steadfast Defender for prestige classes are in - generally with most/all of their class features. A fairly extensive feat and spell list too, so that aspect of enjoyment should be covered for you.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

How and why the gently caress is this mod several GB in size? Just how much does this thing edit other than the music files?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Lord Koth posted:

All the Core classes, plus most of the Base classes (no Cavalier, Vigilante or Summoner) are in - plus Dragon Disciple, Mystic Theurge, Arcane Trickster and Steadfast Defender for prestige classes are in - generally with most/all of their class features. A fairly extensive feat and spell list too, so that aspect of enjoyment should be covered for you.

So all the worst classes and 4 incredibly lovely prestige classes are in and they even managed to miss the only Pathfinder class I found interesting (Summoner)

lol that game is a trainwreck

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Evil Fluffy posted:

How and why the gently caress is this mod several GB in size? Just how much does this thing edit other than the music files?

it also edits the fmvs

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Zore posted:

So all the worst classes and 4 incredibly lovely prestige classes are in and they even managed to miss the only Pathfinder class I found interesting (Summoner)

lol that game is a trainwreck

...The only thing interesting about the base Summoner is what overpowered bullshit it is. There's nothing in its flavor that isn't covered by other classes. Especially since some of the archetypes available for various classes actually do have basically the same Summon Monster ability.

I mean, not wanting to play this is fine, but this specific argument as to the game being bad is terrible.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

finally a compelling videogame romance

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm playing through mother 3 and i'm curious if there are any other really good gba jrpgs other than mother 3 i should look at some time

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The Colonel posted:

i'm playing through mother 3 and i'm curious if there are any other really good gba jrpgs other than mother 3 i should look at some time

Did you already play the main ones

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The Colonel posted:

Not really. Some people like Golden Sun, but it is really pretty basic and forgettable. FFTa?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The Colonel posted:

fire emblem

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

The ports of FF 5 and 6, Mario and Luigi Super Star Saga, and Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword and Sacred Stones

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

FFTA
Megaman Battle Network
Golden Sun
Advanced Wars
Yggdra Union
Riviera
Tactics Ogre
Mario & Luigi
KH Chain of Memories.
FE Sacred Stones
Various SNES re releases like FF4 and Sword of Mana.

Not really a JRPG but Zelda Minish Cap.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
golden sun is a good gba game :)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Magical Vacation has a translation patch now and was done by BrownieBrown

Also try the Summon Night Swordcraft Story games.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

super robot wars OG is p. rad but, not really a jrpg

Kild posted:

FFTA
Megaman Battle Network
Golden Sun
Advanced Wars
Yggdra Union
Riviera
Tactics Ogre
Mario & Luigi
KH Chain of Memories.
FE Sacred Stones
Various SNES re releases like FF4 and Sword of Mana.

Not really a JRPG but Zelda Minish Cap.

yggdra union and riviera both have updated psp versions and there's no real reason to play the GBA versions instead, iirc

dmboogie fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Sep 25, 2018

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
SRPG but ZOE Fist of Mars is real good

Comedy option, Onimusha Tactics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I love when games have goofy rear end character name generators. I cycled through a bunch of generic ones in Labyrinth of Refrain and loving lol, it eventually presented me with "Buff Pudding"