Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

waggles posted:

Just a heads up, that purse is from Naruto.
And that kind of coinpurse is called a "toadmouth" in Japanese. :eng101: They're not always so (almost) literal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib
Hey now, the manga may be trash but it's got giant toads in it and mountain sized toads are rad.

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.

goatface posted:

Create your own with a wood turner bought from aliexpress.

This made me laugh, thanks. Nothing would be more Renn Fest than a drunk princess who looks like she drunk-lathed her own mug, honestly. I don't think I could even make one that holds cider. *plastic clinking*

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I’d be mad about that plastic mug, the listing says wood.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There's a lot of frog stuff on Aliexpress apparently. (My nephew is too old for bubbles but I think my sister's cat might get a kick out of this.)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...2899165721.html

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Well I just read 100 pages of this thread. Have a few things to order now!

Can anyone find a Porsche logo patch? I found several car manufacturers, but not Porsche. Like this:

naked umlaut
Aug 3, 2005

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Well I just read 100 pages of this thread. Have a few things to order now!

Can anyone find a Porsche logo patch? I found several car manufacturers, but not Porsche. Like this:

Here is one, you have to choose it as one of the styles/options. Looks like pretty bad quality but it's something.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20P...2895194743.html

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

strangehamster posted:

I’d be mad about that plastic mug, the listing says wood.

Yeah I would dispute it

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

naked umlaut posted:

Here is one, you have to choose it as one of the styles/options. Looks like pretty bad quality but it's something.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20P...2895194743.html

Yeah that's a little rough. Also you need to buy 20 pcs, and uh, that's not required

e: Did anyone get an error when trying to pay by credit card and get asked for verification?

The Wonder Weapon fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Aug 2, 2018

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Dont' use a vpn

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
And make sure umatrix or w/e has some things enabled related to alipay

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I didn't do anything differently at all today, and it just worked. Huh.

e:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...iceBeautifyAB=0

The Wonder Weapon fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Aug 3, 2018

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I didn't do anything differently at all today, and it just worked. Huh.

e:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...iceBeautifyAB=0

Even better in related. drat.

https://aliexpress.com/item/Which-i...2822410544.html

"dad hat bone women"

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

https://www.gearbest.com/screwdriver-screwdriver-set/pp_696715.html

I've been able to spend some time with the licensed wiha screwdriver set. Overall, not quite as good as normal wiha quality, but I am definitely impressed. Its not cheap Chinese garbage and well worth the price if you have a regular use for it.

The case is solid sturdy aluminum, it feels like you could run it over with a truck and it would be fine.
The bit driver is amazing well designed, all sturdy aluminum with a nice solid feel in the hand. Good weight. The back end has a spinning knob common on precision screwdrivers so you can spin the tool with 3 fingers. It moves very smoothly and feels like there is a bearing in there with a nice dimple on top for you finger. Feels great.
All the bits are held in place by a magenet. You can turn the holder upside down and jostle it a bit without anything falling out, but they are easy to remove and put back. No weird plastic clips to mess with or break.
Its a nice form factor package that takes up minimal space, well designed.

The bits themselves are the only place the normal wiha quality is lacking a bit.
Using a file to compare hardness, it doesn't dig in like a poor quality soft bit, but it does leave scratches. My other whiha's the file just skates across unless you use pressure.
The phillips bits are all fantastic. I appreciate that they are JIS instead of phillips since I deal with a lot of tiny JIS screws that love to strip. For those that don't know JIS is (Japanese Industry Standard) The look of the screw and bit and very similar to phillips but slightly different profile. A JIS bit will work in either screw, but a phillips bit will strip out a JIS screw easily.
The Torx and Allen bits are better than most, but I definitely notice they don't fit as tight as my whiha ones.
Not sure about the other bits, as I don't really use them.

Definitely a recommended purchase. If the bits were as hard as normal Wiha and the allens and torx fit better, I'd pay 40 bucks it. Its about my only complaint.
If you are looking for a good precision screwdriver set and what an upgrade from the typical garbage sets you see, definitely check it out.
If you are a professional technician with a large work space and don't need anything compact I would probably recommend just buying individual drivers from Wiha or another high end brand.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

If anyone finds a seller with decent menswear, I'd love a link. There's all sorts of nifty fashion pieces available on Ali (and other Chinese sites like Gamiss) but it's just such a crapshoot whether it's any good. It doesn't seem unreasonable to find some unbranded dress shirts, etc of decent quality, but there's just no way to tell from the listing. Even the reviews aren't reliable, because they could all be left by people whose idea of quality clothing is whatever they find on the discount rack at Hot Topic. I do most of my clothing shopping at places like Nordstrom Rack and Barney's Warehouse, so I'm probably going to be a touch more discriminating than the average Ali clothing shopper.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Wow almost 200 pages of savings!

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

The more you buy, the more you save!!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

If anyone finds a seller with decent menswear, I'd love a link. There's all sorts of nifty fashion pieces available on Ali (and other Chinese sites like Gamiss) but it's just such a crapshoot whether it's any good. It doesn't seem unreasonable to find some unbranded dress shirts, etc of decent quality, but there's just no way to tell from the listing. Even the reviews aren't reliable, because they could all be left by people whose idea of quality clothing is whatever they find on the discount rack at Hot Topic. I do most of my clothing shopping at places like Nordstrom Rack and Barney's Warehouse, so I'm probably going to be a touch more discriminating than the average Ali clothing shopper.

You can see if you can find the same clothes on Amazon. I'm buying women's clothes, but there are a few Chinese brands that sell on both sites. Sometimes the product is cheaper on Aliexpress, sometimes it is cheaper on Amazon. But Amazon should have all reviews in English and some of the reviews will have things like quality of stitching and durability, which is what I look for.

There are men that look at that poo poo, right?

:siren: Nail Polish Talk:siren:
I got my freebie from born pretty. The holographic nail polish is indeed beautiful. Alas, my no smudge top coat has turned into jizz, so the nail polish is chipping without a top coat. Some of that is likely my fault for mixing some acetone in because the top coat started thickening up. I'm waiting for actual nail polish thinner and more born pretty top coat to show up since other non-born pretty top coat smudges the poo poo out of stamps. I'm guessing kads also has a decent top coat, but born pretty's was pretty miraculous until it started coagulating.

Here's some pictures of my bottle of born pretty jizz. (I promise there is no actual semen pictured)

My cellphone macro lens that I got from Aliexpress is spectacular for things that are not alive and, therefore, not moving.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I love the Ali clip on phone lenses. So cheap and good for dicking around

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Pick posted:

Wow almost 200 pages of savings!

The dispensable income thread

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PokeJoe posted:

good for dicking around

agreed, the macro lens really enhances my micro penis

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Suggestions for macro lenses?

Thanks. :)

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

deoju posted:

Suggestions for macro lenses?

Thanks. :)

I got this one, here's an example of the back of a penny.

http://s.aliexpress.com/FvMZveQj

full size

elmer chud fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 4, 2018

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
And a pair of jeans

full size

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Have you been wanting a pen that looks like a bullet, but you're worried that any bullet pen you buy will be too gendered?

Well, worry no more! AcmeCN has you covered!

Edit: I am now charging my phone. Thanks for the reminder, guy or girl who hates seeing low batteries who will post shortly after seeing this.

Bored fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 4, 2018

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Charge your phone,numbnuts

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Got a message today from a vendor that basically said they were sorry but they fulfilled the order before they actually bothered to check their lock up or whatever to see if they had any left of whatever it was I was buying and they didn't. Did I want my money back or could I just let them keep it? :thunk:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Is it marked as shipped or would it auto-cancel the order and refund you in a few days? If it’s the former that sounds like a scam they’d run on people who rarely check the site, but that’s banking on not checking for like 61 (or w/e the cutoff for protection is) days and losing their $2 or w/e... pretty lame scam

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

eSporks posted:

https://www.gearbest.com/screwdriver-screwdriver-set/pp_696715.html

I've been able to spend some time with the licensed wiha screwdriver set. Overall, not quite as good as normal wiha quality, but I am definitely impressed. Its not cheap Chinese garbage and well worth the price if you have a regular use for it.

The case is solid sturdy aluminum, it feels like you could run it over with a truck and it would be fine.
The bit driver is amazing well designed, all sturdy aluminum with a nice solid feel in the hand. Good weight. The back end has a spinning knob common on precision screwdrivers so you can spin the tool with 3 fingers. It moves very smoothly and feels like there is a bearing in there with a nice dimple on top for you finger. Feels great.
All the bits are held in place by a magenet. You can turn the holder upside down and jostle it a bit without anything falling out, but they are easy to remove and put back. No weird plastic clips to mess with or break.
Its a nice form factor package that takes up minimal space, well designed.

The bits themselves are the only place the normal wiha quality is lacking a bit.
Using a file to compare hardness, it doesn't dig in like a poor quality soft bit, but it does leave scratches. My other whiha's the file just skates across unless you use pressure.
The phillips bits are all fantastic. I appreciate that they are JIS instead of phillips since I deal with a lot of tiny JIS screws that love to strip. For those that don't know JIS is (Japanese Industry Standard) The look of the screw and bit and very similar to phillips but slightly different profile. A JIS bit will work in either screw, but a phillips bit will strip out a JIS screw easily.
The Torx and Allen bits are better than most, but I definitely notice they don't fit as tight as my whiha ones.
Not sure about the other bits, as I don't really use them.

Definitely a recommended purchase. If the bits were as hard as normal Wiha and the allens and torx fit better, I'd pay 40 bucks it. Its about my only complaint.
If you are looking for a good precision screwdriver set and what an upgrade from the typical garbage sets you see, definitely check it out.
If you are a professional technician with a large work space and don't need anything compact I would probably recommend just buying individual drivers from Wiha or another high end brand.
Awesome, thanks for an actually useful review! I'm just a hobbyist so this sounds like it would be a perfectly good upgrade over the regular suspect $5 crap screwdrivers for general dicking around with electronics.

Edit: Why not buy this "Perlative ceronometer" submariner kockoff for $20 just today, a saving of almost 40%?

https://www.gearbest.com/men-s-watches/pp_655844.html?wid=1433363

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 5, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
GARDEN CLAW GLOVES

elmer chud
May 18, 2018

I'm sold.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I've got a pair of those. They really do make you feel like a dollar store super villain.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

I've got a pair of those. They really do make you feel like a dollar store super villain.

so you're telling me they're rad as hell

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pick posted:

so you're telling me they're rad as hell

yes, of course!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

How do I unlock these in MGS5?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Check out this disgruntled bunnies

http://s.aliexpress.com/NbemANrM

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Facebook Aunt posted:

What up claw buddy.
They are of course mostly useless for actual gardening.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

By popular demand posted:

What up claw buddy.
They are of course mostly useless for actual gardening.

What? Gardening?

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
Yeah, they're for growing your empire, not for growing weed tomatoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.
What's the cleaning gel (like for car consoles and computer keyboards) that people have tried and liked?