Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

Qwerinty posted:

where would she like to move instead, dilf? this is as important as her refusal to live in either town

either durham nc or back somewhere in the vicinity of youngstown oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Management

Can we all move to Boise ID with you and your family and share one giant BYOHouse?

:jerry:

fuck. marry. t-rex

HUSKY DILF posted:

if you move to durham you can hang wit me :)

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

well ok friend

sorry vynar i would have liked it but she would leave me and she makes all the money so we would only be able to afford a byortment

Senior Management

Bruce Springsteen has a song about Youngstown Ohio. Casual listeners might not realize that the "sweet Jenny" he mentions is not a woman but the name of a blast furnace. I have not spoken with Springsteen but this seems to be the most likely possibility.

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

HUSKY DILF posted:

hard to put into a picture but also hereford texas is north of lubbock and when the wind blows from there the entire town smells like pig poo poo for a day cause thats where they take them before they put them on trains to be slaughtered

sounds like paradise on earth, it's her loss really

HUSKY DILF posted:

you may have found your soulmate

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

btw what is cool about durham

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

Vynar posted:

Bruce Springsteen has a song about Youngstown Ohio. Casual listeners might not realize that the "sweet Jenny" he mentions is not a woman but the name of a blast furnace. I have not spoken with Springsteen but this seems to be the most likely possibility.

is the song full of blue collar angst?

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
everyone knows that the best states to live in look like torn up kraft singles

----------------

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

Qwerinty posted:

everyone knows that the best states to live in look like torn up kraft singles

new hampshire/vermont if you put the torn pieces back together

Senior Management

HUSKY DILF posted:

is the song full of blue collar angst?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxz5hh8GD3w

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Youngstown_(song)

fuck. marry. t-rex

HUSKY DILF posted:

btw what is cool about durham

I typed out a big rear end post and my app crashed :cry:.

Durham is part of the greater metropolitan area made up of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, and to a lesser extent Cary and Carrboro. I live in Carrboro and work in Durham.

Durham is considered the "hip black part" and recently went through urban renewal in about ~2000. It has a lot of restraunts and venues and a large active downtown, as well as a minor league baseball stadium and team that are superior to many major league counterparts.

If I was going to hang out there I'd take you to The Surf Bar, which is my personal favorite. It's a old concrete squat building with a chain link fence around this back concrete deck former parking lot, and they filled all the space with bocce courts and pic nc ic tables and a bar and shuffleboard and such. It owns.

What do you want to know?

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

I typed out a big rear end post and my app crashed :cry:.

Durham is part of the greater metropolitan area made up of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill, and to a lesser extent Cary and Carrboro. I live in Carrboro and work in Durham.

Durham is considered the "hip black part" and recently went through urban renewal in about ~2000. It has a lot of restraunts and venues and a large active downtown, as well as a minor league baseball stadium and team that are superior to many major league counterparts.

If I was going to hang out there I'd take you to The Surf Bar, which is my personal favorite. It's a old concrete squat building with a chain link fence around this back concrete deck former parking lot, and they filled all the space with bocce courts and pic nc ic tables and a bar and shuffleboard and such. It owns.

What do you want to know?

exactly stuff like that

is there stuff to do outdoors and can i run suburban streets late at night and i am acutely interested in the levels of violence because i would go there to be a new trauma surgeon

fuck. marry. t-rex

Where I live, Carrboro, is the crazy communist liberal hippie area.

E; depends on where in durham you live, some areas are very very safe, some are eh. There are lots of parks, and people go week ending in Appalachia and stuff.

I have a friend who is a hospitalier in durham actually :) he's a pediatrician though.

But yeah people get shot sometimes

fuck. marry. t-rex fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 19, 2015

fuck. marry. t-rex

Idk what your budget is but he lives in Hope Valley which is The Very Nice Area

fuck. marry. t-rex

If you are coming from Chicago, you really have 0 to worry about, comparatively, as far as personal safety when out of your house.

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
i have levels of debt that make me have to breath into a paper bag when i think about them but my wife makes money too and would prob want to live in that place

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

If you are coming from Chicago, you really have 0 to worry about, comparatively, as far as personal safety when out of your house.

i'm a long ways from that place there are occasional shootings on the outskirts of the loop but the only one in the loop i can remember is when someone shot their boss then themselves last fall at some high powered financial place

dogcrash truther
tell her yoru moving to carroboro and then when she wakes up shes in lubbock or boise

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill
i would prob not tell her when she wakes up id prob wait until lunch or so or at least until i got a cup of coffee

fuck. marry. t-rex

Idk there are safe neighborhoods with more reasonable prices as well, the real estate isn't that inflated except in the yuppie high rises and w.e. I mean I live in the nicest poverty area I've ever seen. I came from police pulling bodies out of my aprtments ornamental pond in Charlotte to liberal paradise and my rent even went down. :cool:

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
i used to live in raleigh

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Nooner

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I've never lived anywhere that wasn't a major city and would kinda like to try living somewhere else maybe

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
I had work in Lubbock Texas for 4 days. Partway through my last night there my door was kicked in by a 5 foot angry wife i didn't know existed. She was unkind. So basically if you go to Lubbock you may be murdered by tiny teas women in the middle of the night. Also weird liquor laws.
(raleigh is very nice)

tao of lmao

Dilf: Carroboro, here we come!
Mrs Dilf: yaaaahoooo

*20 minutes later*

Mrs Dilf: wait, aren't we going the wrong way?
*doors lock*

beer pal

checkout guy: yeah you know what they say about the weather in boise...
larry david's wife: huh? boise?
larry david: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag1o3koTLWM

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

joke_explainer

why is walter yeo in your sig, husky dilf?

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

ChairmanMeow posted:

I had work in Lubbock Texas for 4 days. Partway through my last night there my door was kicked in by a 5 foot angry wife i didn't know existed. She was unkind. So basically if you go to Lubbock you may be murdered by tiny teas women in the middle of the night. Also weird liquor laws.
(raleigh is very nice)

they got rid of the dry county thing a year after i graduated

HUSKY DILF

aggressively chill

joke_explainer posted:

why is walter yeo in your sig, husky dilf?

thats tuxedo mask from sailor moon duh

ChairmanMeow

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!

HUSKY DILF posted:

they got rid of the dry county thing a year after i graduated

while a step in the right direction it is not a good reason to relocate. also deceptively small assassins are probably still a problem. You are thinking you just won't hook up with married men.. but you don't know.

FluffieDuckie

there is literally a song that says "happiness is Lubbock Texas in my rearview mirror"

do not get me started about texas

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

I Dunno

Your wife is right not to want to live in Lubbock it's a poo poo town in a poo poo state.

mags

I Dunno posted:

Your wife is right not to want to live in Lubbock it's a poo poo town in a poo poo state.

paul_soccer12 posted:

mags

living where there is a lack of a music scene is weird

paul_soccer12 posted:

Qwerinty

by zen death robot
op what is your reasoning for wanting to live in either city?

----------------

dogcrash truther

FluffieDuckie posted:

there is literally a song that says "happiness is Lubbock Texas in my rearview mirror"

do not get me started about texas

whats the song

dogcrash truther
also, please get started about texAs

Piso Mojado

Boise's Official Anthem:

[firmly pressing both palms over my lips and blowing out my mouth]

"Pppppffffffffffff. ppppppfffffff. .ppppffffffeeeeeeeppfffff"

Qwerinty

by zen death robot

Piso Mojado posted:

Boise's Official Anthem:

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Piso Mojado posted:

Boise's Official Anthem:

• Locked thread