Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Here is an exhaustive list of "the best scenes in film history" from Jackass:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

1) Johnny Knoxville asking "Is Butterbean okay?"

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

oatgan posted:

1) Johnny Knoxville asking "Is Butterbean okay?"

Plus, in the same scene, "Knoxville, where are we going?" "...the hospital."

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Cactus Jack posted:

Some of the best scenes in film history have been done exactly like this though.

Reminds of the scene in Goodfellas where Paul Sorvino slaps Ray Liotta after he asks him if he's involved with drugs. Liotta had no idea it was coming and his reaction is perfect

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

oatgan posted:

I'm not saying Dusty Rhodes should be scripted, but it's a dick move to leave someone who sticks to the script completely out to dry by surprising them like that.

I'd feel more sympathy for Steph if she didn't suck at her job and turn herself into a Mary Sue every time she writes herself onto WWE programming. It's bad enough when HHH does that poo poo.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Lance strait up said that some university has the actual cure for cancer but big pharm and big charity are keeping it from being given to the masses.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Dave England making GBS threads in the hardware store toilet

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CombineThresher posted:

I'd feel more sympathy for Steph if she didn't suck at her job and turn herself into a Mary Sue every time she writes herself onto WWE programming. It's bad enough when HHH does that poo poo.

And they sit there and tell you how poo poo you are at life to your face for 10 minutes while you have to stand there and take it. Which makes no sense in real life, or in wrestling terms either. Remember this is not Stephanie getting mad someone interrupted her amazing promo that would have been buys or going off script which ruined an amazing angle, it's Stephanie upset she couldn't tell Dusty how poo poo he was non stop for ten minutes.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.

oatgan posted:

How many hundreds of thousands of improvs have been left on the cutting room floor? Raw doesn't have a second take to use if something flops because one guy decides the segment everybody agreed should be done a certain way could be even better without letting anybody else know.

Steph has a right to be mad at him but until we hear that they fire Dusty or bury his kids over this it doesn't sound like a big deal.

Do you think if Dusty asked her if he could do that they would have changed it? Dusty didn't want to look like such a wuss, as they have made pretty much all faces who have gone up against Steph/Hunter look, so he called an audible and made the segment better. Not a big deal really, but I liked that he didn't come off as such a dumb baby as most faces have been lately. Steph can be mad all she wants, but one of the best promos ever improved the segment by doing what he did.

CombineThresher posted:

Also this.

LordPants posted:

And they sit there and tell you how poo poo you are at life to your face for 10 minutes while you have to stand there and take it. Which makes no sense in real life, or in wrestling terms either. Remember this is not Stephanie getting mad someone interrupted her amazing promo that would have been buys or going off script which ruined an amazing angle, it's Stephanie upset she couldn't tell Dusty how poo poo he was non stop for ten minutes.

And this.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Man, last show Dave shoved the knife into the gut of every Pride fan and just. Kept. Twisting.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Arbite posted:

Man, last show Dave shoved the knife into the gut of every Pride fan and just. Kept. Twisting.

I really enjoyed "And he would have lost to Mark Hunt via Kimura if Mark Hunt had actually known how to do a Kimura"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I wish Lance Storm would only talk about wrestling and quit disappointing me.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

LordPants posted:

Yeah, I loved how Dusty did that, Steph be damned. It makes me long for the days when faces didn't look like poor saps.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

mkay0 posted:

Lance strait up said that some university has the actual cure for cancer but big pharm and big charity are keeping it from being given to the masses.

Lance is forgetting the most dangrous member of that group - the Library!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

mkay0 posted:

That's actually not complete bullshit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3x-Uj4yAMY

I mean this video is all I know about it but it might not be bullshit.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Listening to Vinny talking about the Dixie/Hogan segment, I need to go see it now

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I enjoyed the AoW with Lanny Poffo. Interesting stories.

Also, Punk is apparently doing the elbow drop worse and worse on purpose. Dick.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

HulkaMatt posted:

Well now I have to read it.

https://vine.co/v/hgE2lpLPa0Y

Jubs. :argh:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It's a disgrace that we lost Buddy Wayne shows and got Todd Martin in return.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Mazel Tov.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

It's a disgrace that we lost Buddy Wayne shows and got Todd Martin in return.
Oh, man. Buddy Wayne used to do shows? How long ago? That sounds awesome.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

LividLiquid posted:

The road will own you.

I think he had a falling out with Bryan which resulted in him not being on the show.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

I think he stopped 3 years ago. He was on every two weeks.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I've been listening to Todd shows for a few years now, and I have one question:

Who is Todd Martin and why should I care what he thinks about anything?

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

LividLiquid posted:

I've been listening to Todd shows for a few years now, and I have one question:

Who is Todd Martin and why should I care what he thinks about anything?

Todd Martin is an attorney who used to write the RAW recaps for Bryan. Because of this he was able to get credentialed with MMA orgs, including UFC, as a Wrestling Observer writer, and became a low level MMA writer/analyst.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
He got his start in the Bryan Alvarez circle the same way Ed in San Antonio did, by calling into WOL every loving day.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
The only time I ever found Todd Martin interesting was the time he was talking about the legal ramifications of non-consensual time travel.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

He also wrote for the LA Times.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Todd Martin looks like a taller, fatter Brian Peppers and has lovely opinions

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Jubs posted:

The road will own you.

I think he had a falling out with Bryan which resulted in him not being on the show.

I don't think he had a falling out. Just that Buddy had been doing shows for 3-4 years straight at that point and had basically run out of stories to tell.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

GoutPatrol posted:

I don't think he had a falling out. Just that Buddy had been doing shows for 3-4 years straight at that point and had basically run out of stories to tell.

Also Buddy had severe health problems and stopped wrestling which meant there really wasn't a whole lot to talk about anymore.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

jeffersonlives posted:

Also Buddy had severe health problems and stopped wrestling which meant there really wasn't a whole lot to talk about anymore.

This does not stop Todd Martin shows. His points about the flaws in Dolph Ziggler and some of the current storylines were just genuinely more interesting than most of the guest analysis lately.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Karmine posted:

The only time I ever found Todd Martin interesting was the time he was talking about the legal ramifications of non-consensual time travel.
...wait, what?!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The PDF has disappeared, but RD Evans sued ROH after Homicide hit him with an 88 mph chair shot. He made the following claim.

Todd believed there was an assumed risk in carrying a flux capacitor on your person.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The PDF has disappeared, but RD Evans sued ROH after Homicide hit him with an 88 mph chair shot. He made the following claim.

Todd believed there was an assumed risk in carrying a flux capacitor on your person.

:colbert: The flux capacitor is also just the key component in a time machine, not the only one.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Amazing, Todd has wrong opinions about the fake application of the law used in a wrestling angle.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Between George Steele and Lance Storm, it's been a banner week in having big pharm conspiracy theorists for the F4W podcasts.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

:colbert: The flux capacitor is also just the key component in a time machine, not the only one.

Seriously. 88 MPH is just the speed at which a time machine built out of a Delorean DMC-12 generates enough power to enable time travel. The momentary energy transfer of a chair traveling at 88 MPH into a person carrying a flux capacitor wouldn't be nearly enough.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Les and Dave show is really fun. I think Bryan utters one sentence after introducing the show. Only one bit of bitching about current wrestling!

• Locked thread