Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

realtalk though flooring the john deere is like faster than running pace. i was knocking out strips like nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

realtalk can anyone recommend a good weed whacker that runs on battery? my wife hates using the 2-stroke i have (and i do too) and if i could find a good lightweight one for her birthday she'd be happy

I like Ryobi's but I don't have 18,000 acres to deal with and we already have all Ryobi tools so it's nice being able to use the same batteries for everything.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

it's a good 2 acres, mostly flat but i've got a woodpile with cover, firepit, various kid toys and patio furniture that i go around.

realtalk can anyone recommend a good weed whacker that runs on battery? my wife hates using the 2-stroke i have (and i do too) and if i could find a good lightweight one for her birthday she'd be happy

Dude I like mowing as much as the next dad, but I'm sick of 1/3 of an acre. Takes me an hour and that's just about too much, only issue is i have a fence that would make anything but a zero turn a nightmare and don't want to spend money on the riding mower. Six hours. gently caress that.

also non-gas-powered weed whackers = terrible

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

idk man i like mowing

i'd usually stretch it out over two days but i've done the all-in-one more than once

i take a lot a breaks and drink water and poo poo and lot of times my wife's asking me to move bags of soil or help her plan out her garden so im not trying to say that im autistic sperglord mowing bc thats dishonest, it's just what im doing when not actively engaged in other stuff around the yard at the time. it gets done eventually.

it's a good 2 acres, mostly flat but i've got a woodpile with cover, firepit, various kid toys and patio furniture that i go around.

I've got the Ryobi 18v which fits my other cordless tools, but my lawn is smaller. Saw this this morning- didn't even know it was a thing https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3384038&pagenumber=163&perpage=40#post473014468 You really can't go wrong with Makita tools has been my experience

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

realtalk though flooring the john deere is like faster than running pace. i was knocking out strips like nothing.

The first time you run over something hidden in the grass while running strips at high speed you are gonna be so pissed.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

orange juche posted:

The first time you run over something hidden in the grass while running strips at high speed you are gonna be so pissed.

more scared than pissed but yeah already happened

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

not yet. started raining yesterday and been threatening to all day today

brush will come eventually, it's like $80 and i'm not trying to spend any more cash on myself than i have to on anything right now before the baby comes

Yea but think how loving impressed that babby is gonna be when he sees his dad brushes the lawn like a loving pro

Like I'm jealous of that babby

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Speaking of, how's Booblad?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

biked 100 miles. I'm drinking a 10.5% ABV beer right now.

Going to go from 0 to white girl wasted in probably 10 minutes

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yooooooooooo

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/a...nt&sf84838625=1

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

That's so loving insane, how did that guy climb that far with 20 lb brass balls weighing him down like that

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

nope nope nope nope nope nope

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'll stick to trails, thanks.

Good on people who live to do that kind of poo poo, but I'll take the long way around.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I wonder how much life insurance would cost for that guy

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Vice has an interesting video on this guy about his diet and life. Dude lives in a van and drives from climbing site to climbing site. He's a vegetarian too.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Having stood at the foot of El Capitan a few months ago I can say fuuuuuuuuuck that

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

MurderBot posted:

biked 100 miles. I'm drinking a 10.5% ABV beer right now.

Going to go from 0 to white girl wasted in probably 10 minutes

Supported ride? Centuries suck when having to carry nutrition & water, or hoping the 7/11 has the right kinda gatorade

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Supported ride? Centuries suck when having to carry nutrition & water, or hoping the 7/11 has the right kinda gatorade

drones with gatorade?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Gonna take some vacation time in western Wyoming when that eclipse happens in late August. Don't know quite yet where I'm going to watch it from, probably southern Yellowstone or Grand Teton. Either way, Frank, a friend and I are gonna chill for four days in the woods.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Mr. Mambold posted:

drones with gatorade?

Amazon needs to get in this. Schedule a drone to drop off iced Gatorade and a couple sandwiches at a set destination/time, I could ride for days 🚴🏻

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Amazon needs to get in this. Schedule a drone to drop off iced Gatorade and a couple sandwiches at a set destination/time, I could ride for days 🚴🏻

Screw amazon they own everything as it is. Let's start one of those things where you beg for money on the internet because you have a real good idea.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

the next time he makes the news it will probably be posthumous

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

I like Ryobi's but I don't have 18,000 acres to deal with and we already have all Ryobi tools so it's nice being able to use the same batteries for everything.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-38-in-100-Ah-Battery-Electric-Riding-Lawn-Mower-RY48111/300422546

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Gonna take some vacation time in western Wyoming when that eclipse happens in late August. Don't know quite yet where I'm going to watch it from, probably southern Yellowstone or Grand Teton. Either way, Frank, a friend and I are gonna chill for four days in the woods.

hells yeah

is it viewable from grand canyon? thatd be a hell of a goddamn picture

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nope. Path arcs from washington to florida, I think. That far south might see a touch of the eclipse, but nowhere near total. The path of totality is something like 70 miles wide.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
if you couldn't get pants in exactly your desired size would you rather get an inch on the waist or two inches on the length

or just wait till they're back in stock

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Inch on the waist. You can hide that. But long pants can look sloppy or drag.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Inch for waist. Winter will come around again eventually, and thanksgiving requires the extra slack.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Rolling your pants isn't that big of deal and neither is wearing a belt.

Tough choice.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Vasudus posted:

if you couldn't get pants in exactly your desired size would you rather get an inch on the waist or two inches on the length

length but thats just me

gotta have a good waist

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Gets pants tailored. We're all adults with jobs here. It's like 10-12 bucks to have an inch or so taken off of some new pants.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Vasudus posted:

Order from Amazon.
If that doesn't work go 1" on the waist and have them brought in.
Don't wear baggy pants, you have too good of a job to look like a slob.
Problem with starting with too long pants is that even when you have them hemmed the crotch is still gonna bag out a little.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Pesticide20 posted:

Was it some sort of seismic anomaly or magma displacement according to SAPS?

They show up as a broadband contact with no real class tonals. And they do sound a lot like a submarine. But they have no bearing rate and are pretty god damned obvious. The guy was just a butthead who was way overzealous because he used to be on boomers and was all gung-ho to do fast attack poo poo.

He made chief and left the boat before he did a westpac and got to REDACTED

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I can't buy pants online. Levi's are never consistent in sizing across the same cut.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

idk man i like mowing

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Good loving god, the rent prices in Scottsdale :stare:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Good loving god, the rent prices in Scottsdale :stare:

They include utilities at least, right?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Rad Lieutenant posted:

yep, It was a supported ride but I only stopped at mile 90 to fill up my water bottles, carried enough energy bars and water to get me that far.. Realized I wasn't going to be top 10 so said gently caress it and stopped to get water.

i'm 4 beers deep, not white girl wasted yet :/

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Mr. Mambold posted:

Screw amazon they own everything as it is. Let's start one of those things where you beg for money on the internet because you have a real good idea.

SNAK app

Edit: It'll mostly end up delivering at basement windows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

bengy81 posted:

Problem with starting with too long pants is that even when you have them hemmed the crotch is still gonna bag out a little.

Some of us like the extra room for the boys to swing around in.

My rear end ran away when I dropped below 200 pounds again. My belts are barely useful but I'm not ready to commit to full Gallager mode and rock suspenders. I'll just keep half-mooning people and retightening my belt.

• Locked thread