Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

sarmhan posted:

And again, town halls are Hillary's best format. It was her best primary debate, it's the event type she prefers to do on the campaign trail. She is good at listening to, emphasizing with, and speaking to people's problems. Formal debates are her weaker point, because she isn't great at delivering prepared lines.
Hillary also knows things like where to stand with respect to the camera to get individual audience member reactions she wants in the shot, and what kinds of body movements she should and should not make, etc. Bill was a master at this.

Even though Trump was a reality TV star, he basically just sat in a big chair and yelled at people. I don't think he knows anything about camera placement or how to be dynamic in a town hall setting. I think if he gets off the stool and starts making those hand-wavey motions of his while standing around without a podium or microphone in front of him, he's going to look like a mentally disturbed homeless person that people purposefully avoid eye contact with and walk past as quickly as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Mozi posted:

Replace 'two years' with 'three decades' and you're more on track.

Yeah that too but his primary run is where this absurd idea he's this political maverick out-maneuvering the elites from outside the system started when in reality he's just coasting on white rage because he's too much of a dumbass to understand dog whistling and a lot of white people really want to be racist in public without getting called on it.

Inferior Third Season posted:

Hillary also knows things like where to stand with respect to the camera to get individual audience member reactions she wants in the shot, and what kinds of body movements she should and should not make, etc. Bill was a master at this.

Even though Trump was a reality TV star, he basically just sat in a big chair and yelled at people. I don't think he knows anything about camera placement or how to be dynamic in a town hall setting. I think if he gets off the stool and starts making those hand-wavey motions of his while standing around without a podium or microphone in front of him, he's going to look like a mentally disturbed homeless person that people purposefully avoid eye contact with and walk past as quickly as possible.

Trump on his show was a prop. It's become clear he knows nothing of running a successful business and is just a con-artist, albeit a high profile one. He was basically a cartoon character of the monopoly guy as a standin for a generic "rich New York boss."

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 7, 2016

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Eifert Posting posted:

At this point I honestly can't imagine an event that could cause me to worry about the outcome of the presidency. It's an immortal lock.

PPP's giant doom meteor arrives.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

haveblue posted:

And it gets elected president?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Islam is the Lite Rock FM posted:

Wonder what oppo bomb Hillary has for next week.

It's going to be Gilbert Gottfried's joke from the Bob Saget roast.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo
Highly humourous, the idea that somehow Trump will just do better at the second debate, just because? What that we've seen from him thus far even remotely shows that he is capable of such self reflection? He spent two weeks whining about how unfair the last debate was, and you think somehow he's buckling down and prepping extra hard this time? Based on what evidence?

Never underestimate this man's ability to keep finding new bottom below what you thought was his bottom.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Radish posted:

Yeah that too but his primary run is where this absurd idea he's this political maverick out-maneuvering the elites from outside the system started when in reality he's just coasting on white rage because he's too much of a dumbass to understand dog whistling and a lot of white people really want to be racist in public without getting called on it.

Trump is the only person I could think of who is both dumb and arrogant enough to genuinely not realize that the racism he's based his campaign around is the real reason he's gotten this far instead of any skill or appeal.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Oct 7, 2016

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I mean I admit after the disastrous first debate he has an impressively low bar to meet but it's not like he's given any indication he learned from that experience or put in any effort this time.

Geostomp posted:

Trump is the only person I could think of who is both dumb and arrogant enough to genuinely not realize that the racism he's based his campaign around is not actually the real reason he's gotten this far instead of any skill or appeal.

Yeah I'm sure he's totally convinced he's amazing at this and is a lock to win. The way he's treating these debates is someone that is so confident they are just a formality he's doing to please the guys paying for his campaign and don't actually matter.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

haveblue posted:

If it's the meteor from Nameless, then gently caress it. Let's party *phone posting so insert "where we're going we don't need eyes" emote*

In other news I just got into a twitter fight with a rando on twitter. http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/oct/5/voter-fraud-is-real-and-its-happening-now/

The ads suck so hard on this page that it won't let me scroll down. But it's about voter fraud.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Oct 7, 2016

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
There's also a non-zero chance of him getting in another fight with the moderators.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

There's also a non-zero chance of him getting in another fight with the moderators.

I'm hoping he starts correcting the town hall people that are undoubtedly better informed than he is again.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Not just the moderator, the questioners.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Trump is going to passive aggressively insult an everyday American asking a question and that'll be the headline/narrative until the end of time

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Guy Goodbody posted:

The questioners get the mic, ask the question, then have it taken from them. He can still insult or gaff up his response to the questioners, but he can't get into an actual fight / dialogue with them.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Guy Goodbody posted:

Trump will get a moderately pointed question then go off on a twitter storm against the questioner for 5 days after the debate is over. Possibly involving a non-existent sex tape.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
my hope beyond hope is that they managed to get someone he ripped off in the audience

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

lozzle posted:

Trump will get a moderately pointed question then go off on a twitter storm against the questioner for 5 days after the debate is over. Possibly involving a non-existent sex tape.

(check out sex tape and past) can never be topped

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Night10194 posted:

I can empathize with worrying about a really important event even if it's very likely to go well. I don't think the guy's trolling, just nervous. I mean, look how nervous we were before the first one. You even mentioned you feared the real possibility of 'vallium trump'.

Knowing she stomped him the first time and that he's a dumbass who can't conceive of the idea that a woman could be better than him at anything soothes a lot of the worry, though.

I'll cop to this. I was so anxious I couldn't even watch the debate. I read about it in real time but I was so nervous that watching him hosed with me. Also listening to his voice (when he yells) just sets my teeth on edge. If I do it for too long when he's yelling I feeling that fight/flight/freeze response rising.

Phone posted:

C-c-correct.

10 points to Gryffindor.

Hahahaha

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The questioners get the mic, ask the question, then have it taken from them. He can still insult or gaff up his response to the questioners, but he can't get into an actual fight / dialogue with them.

You sure? I see a distinct possibility Trump goes "Get that person back on the mic, I wanna ask em something!"

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

WampaLord posted:

You sure? I see a distinct possibility Trump goes "Get that person back on the mic, I wanna ask em something!"

Nah, he won't do that. He'll correct them on whatever they asked -- like he did the veteran -- Hillary will pounce and he'll melt down all over again.

Alternately he'll be really subdued and drugged out, sitting oafishly in the corner.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

disjoe posted:

Trump is going to passive aggressively insult an everyday American asking a question and that'll be the headline/narrative until the end of time

Yeah, and him being mean to Anderson Cooper or Hillary will be the liebrals getting their due, but if he's mean or dismissive to a questioner, that's not going to look good. Of course, with bad enough screening, Clinton could end up doing the same if she got ambushed like she did with the superpredators comment back in the primary. But I doubt such a person would even make it anywhere near the mic much less get the question out.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Geostomp posted:

I still don't see what they hope to accomplish by continuing to block Garland. It isn't making them look any better, win more cases, and it won't make Trump any more likely to win. So why continue to waste time and money on this ridiculous nine-month stunt?

A 5-4 liberal SCOTUS is game changing -- until Scalia kicked it the GOP was passing their national agenda through 5-4 SCOTUS decisions. Citizens United and gutting the Voting Rights Act saved the party (short term, until Trump came around) and losing the court now means that progressives and liberals can start rolling those decisions back. Also, abortion and gun rights.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

foobardog posted:

Yeah, and him being mean to Anderson Cooper or Hillary will be the liebrals getting their due, but if he's mean or dismissive to a questioner, that's not going to look good. Of course, with bad enough screening, Clinton could end up doing the same if she got ambushed like she did with the superpredators comment back in the primary. But I doubt such a person would even make it anywhere near the mic much less get the question out.

"Hillary why do you hate Pepe?" is about the only question I see getting snuck in.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
time to start aryzing again

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

foobardog posted:

She got "ambushed" at a private fundraiser. If it were asked at the town hall, she'd have a response.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Also Anderson Cooper is a dreamboat and I bet undecided voters would dislike Trump treating him like garbage

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

If Trump interrupts them they still have the mic :getin:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Geostomp posted:

I still don't see what they hope to accomplish by continuing to block Garland. It isn't making them look any better, win more cases, and it won't make Trump any more likely to win. So why continue to waste time and money on this ridiculous nine-month stunt?
They already know that they won't face any major loss from blocking him. To go ahead now would piss off the kool-aiders that think a black president only gets 3/5 if a final term in office for some reason, and would basically remind everyone that Garland was not acted upon under base partisan hackery.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

They already know that they won't face any major loss from blocking him. To go ahead now would piss off the kool-aiders that think a black president only gets 3/5 if a final term in office for some reason, and would basically remind everyone that Garland was not acted upon under base partisan hackery.
Everyone already knows that was why, it just doesn't matter. Congress has low approval ratings, but individual reps have high ratings because people like their local guy. So it doesn't matter if people don't like that the Republicans do something, because they aren't voting for the party as a whole, they're voting for their guy.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

im gay posted:

time to start aryzing again

Why?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Donald Trump remains taller than Clinton.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

FactsAreUseless posted:

That helped him so much in the last one, didn't it?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

FactsAreUseless posted:

We need broad-shouldered leadership.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

lozzle posted:

To deal with that Mexican thing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Night10194 posted:

That helped him so much in the last one, didn't it?
He won the debate, and Clinton sobbed and yelled "Allah, why have you forsaken me" and then Trump held up his golden shield of truth and she was forced from the stage.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

lozzle posted:

Clinton is going to come out in football pads and Pence will endorse her after acting like a cartoon wolf who just saw a smoking hot babe.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

comingafteryouall posted:

Clinton is going to come out in football pads and Pence will endorse her after acting like a cartoon wolf who just saw a smoking hot babe.

Pauldrons are a well proven method to capture the hearts of losers and white supremacists, yes.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

FactsAreUseless posted:

He won the debate, and Clinton sobbed and yelled "Allah, why have you forsaken me" and then Trump held up his golden shield of truth and she was forced from the stage.

Her suicide bomb vest didn't even work. Low kinetic energy. Sad!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Night10194 posted:

Pauldrons are a well proven method to capture the hearts of losers and white supremacists, yes.

What type of gems do you think she'll put in her pauldrons? I'm thinking rubies to boost her STR and HP pool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Phone posted:

What type of gems do you think she'll put in her pauldrons? I'm thinking rubies to boost her STR and HP pool.

Good old fashioned steel.

• Locked thread