Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

So did drudge end up being right about the false flag hurricane?

No? What the gently caress is this bullshit

842 people have died so far from this "false flag"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

Turns out Milo is coming to UMD College Park on the 26th.

That should be fun.

http://www.dbknews.com/2016/10/06/milo-yiannopoulos-campus-speaker-ban-free-speech/

Oh good I thought you meant my college. UMN D. Also I was wondering but cant he be charged with running a scam charity?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

Huh. I've never heard of this. What an rear end in a top hat.

this is one reason why it's goofy for younger millenials to clutch pearls about hillary's "superpredator" comments. if you don't remember the late 80's/early 90's violent crime was way worse than now, and one of the theories was that criminals were just, like, extra worse. of course it wasn't true and it was racist and stupid, but basically everyone was buying into the idea at the time. much like brightly colored baggy pants and mc hammer, you had to have been there to really get it

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

So did drudge end up being right about the false flag hurricane?

They closed the Waffle Houses so it was a legitimate hurricane, but Florida has ways to shut that whole thing down.

Edit: personally I had dismissed the superpredators comment as a poorly thought out way to express how gang culture changes people to be more predatory and violent. It happens in street gangs the same as it did in the Mafia.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Hoo boy, stadiums.

Let me tell you a story all about how
my town got ripped off by Mike Brown.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Donald Trump is a golem made of bundled up back issues of the New York Post, given life in a time of consummate white rage.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lightning Knight posted:

Edit: personally I had dismissed the superpredators comment as a poorly thought out way to express how gang culture changes people to be more predatory and violent. It happens in street gangs the same as it did in the Mafia.

the important thing is that hillary didn't come up with the idea, or say anything that like basically every other establishment type wasn't also saying. yes she was wrong and yes she apologized as she should have but people really carry on like she was extra-special racist for the time, when *ahem* donald trump bought a full page ad in a newspaper calling for the deaths of five young men of color for a crime they didn't commit and that is something that actually happened

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

berserker posted:

No? What the gently caress is this bullshit

842 people have died so far from this "false flag"

Some people are really committed to the lie.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Another reason Hillary may be able to get Republicans to compromise, aside from getting them drunk, I think a large amount of them are legit terrified of her.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
538 just had the Dems take a 10% hit on winning the Senate.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

boner confessor posted:

the important thing is that hillary didn't come up with the idea, or say anything that like basically every other establishment type wasn't also saying. yes she was wrong and yes she apologized as she should have but people really carry on like she was extra-special racist for the time, when *ahem* donald trump bought a full page ad in a newspaper calling for the deaths of five young men of color for a crime they didn't commit and that is something that actually happened

And stands by it.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

Some people are really committed to the lie.

We are talking about a government that staged Sandy Hook, a few fake hurricane deaths is really no big deal!

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/ivana-trump-raised-donald-kids-article-1.2820457

I'm not sure why but Ivana is taking credit for Usay and Qusay. Also Ivanka I guess who probably isn't a good person but in comparison to her siblings looks like a saint.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
A hurricane that would have plowed in to majority Democratic districts, no less.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Crowsbeak posted:

Oh good I thought you meant my college. UMN D. Also I was wondering but cant he be charged with running a scam charity?

If the kids here have any sense they'll spend the whole time packing the question line with people asking about that.

But it'll probably end up being a giant non event with some protesting outside and a the very small number of "Terps for Trump" members being assholes.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wondering if the GOP could label her as retarded since her parents were cousins

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

comingafteryouall posted:

As a person who has never really lived near an NFL stadium, do they ever get used for things other than football games? I could maybe see a multi-use stadium that was booked up throughout the year being worth it.

Going this route is what got us the Three Rivers/Riverfront/Veterans stadiums that were ugly "multi-purpose" concrete bowls that were bad for everything. Stadiums are terrible and these new billion dollar ones are absurd.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Trump's Central Park Five comment is a giftwrapped present for Clinton in the town hall. When the inevitable temperament question comes up she can respond "Donald Trump is so fundamentally incapable of admitting he has ever made a mistake that he wants to execute five innocent men" and watch Donnie explode into fury at how they're actually murderers despite what the court said.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
Because in DC we have to combine our alcohol with our politics.

http://dcist.com/2016/10/classic_cocktails_political_cocktai.php#photo-1

My personal favorite:

quote:

Political cocktails have reached the zenith of cynicism at Bastille (606 N Fayette St, Alexandria, VA). “No matter what we did, we would end up offending someone,” says bartender Casey Chapman. “So to keep it fair we went with what [candidates] called each other.” He refers to #Crooked, a smoky scotch cocktail with house lemon cordial, allspice liqueur, and cherry liqueur that demonstrates that “Hillary has been working in a man’s world for a long time.” Trump’s cocktail, Deluded Little Manhattan, hilariously comes served in an enormous goblet that makes your hands look small when you hold it, and it’s topped with an orange peel “toupee.”

There’s third party candidates as well: Gary Johnson’s Libertarian cocktail, Live Free or Die Johnson, is a tequila and blackberry cordial Moscow Mule to represent his terms as governor of New Mexico, and Paging Dr. Stein is a white whiskey and quince wine drink resembling a Cosmopolitan. Don’t see anything you like? Choose I Vote Canada (Flee the country vote!). It’s a spiced Old Fashioned variant with Canada’s Crown Royal whiskey, lime juice, and Allspice liqueur.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

greatn posted:

If DC owned their team it sure as gently caress wouldn't be called the Redskins anymore.

Pro click.

http://www.theonion.com/article/redskins-kike-owner-refuses-to-change-teams-offens-34292

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

538 just had the Dems take a 10% hit on winning the Senate.

My guess is it's mostly due to Ayotte getting a bump back to being above 50% in NH, whereas Hassan was favored before. That's a 2 seat swing in and of itself.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

This is the kind of ironic racism I can get behind.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
More details on cancellations

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/784449564027805696

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Well that money will certainly buy Trump quite a few more toupees.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Doesn't he actually not need ads running though? I don't think they're going to do much good for him, and he's probably planning on taking the media narrative during the debate.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Is it actually the Trump camp pulling the ads, or is the RNC trying to mitigate losses?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

So, has he realized he's losing or is he certain he's won?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

So has Trump entered his endgame "steal everything" phase or is he just lazy and overconfident?

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot
Cancelling the FL ads makes sense what with the hurricane and all, and cancelling the PA ads is a no-brainer since they never had any chance in PA in the first place.

But Ohio? That's a must-win state and he's not doing so well there anymore.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Night10194 posted:

So, has he realized he's losing or is he certain he's won?

He probably just realizes that ad buys aren't worth it at this point. He has to compete with other tools, and let his PACs buy up ads.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Uh, Wheeling is WV

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
What is he spending the most money on at this point? Hats? Trump business expenditures?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

He probably just realizes that ad buys aren't worth it at this point. He has to compete with other tools, and let his PACs buy up ads.

They're tracking money from both and Trump doesn't have the PAC/SuperPAC money Hillary has.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Uh, Wheeling is WV

It's in Ohio County. It's a somewhat understandable mistake.

e: It does make me wonder why they bought ads in WV in the first place though. Maybe the Trump campaign also thought it was in Ohio, the state? :v:

lozzle fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Oct 7, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

He has to compete with other tools

but he's already the republican nominee?

Jackson Taus
Oct 19, 2011

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The questioners get the mic, ask the question, then have it taken from them. He can still insult or gaff up his response to the questioners, but he can't get into an actual fight / dialogue with them.

Any journalist worth their paycheck (so about a quarter of them) is gonna loving hunt down any questioner who gets insulted and get an interview with them. Like literally bowling people over at the exits if necessary.

lozzle posted:

Trump will get a moderately pointed question then go off on a twitter storm against the questioner for 5 days after the debate is over. Possibly involving a non-existent sex tape.

It takes someone returning fire to really get Trump going. If Khan or Machado hadn't started firing back or hadn't publicly dug in, Trump would've lost steam a lot faster.

Coheed and Camembert posted:

It's been a long time since I saw the Central Park 5 documentary, but they confessed under duress and were basically forced into it. They were kept in cells for over 12 hours without food or outside contact until they "came clean".

My understanding is that none of them actually admitted to it, they just pointed fingers at other people they were with.

Ditocoaf posted:

I'm in Washington, Patty Murray isn't going to lose, but I'm starting to really care about flipping the senate this year. Is there anything I can do to help?

Many Senate races have online Virtual Phone Banks you can use.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Don't forget that there are districts that literally don't have Democratic candidates. Like mine. :smith:

Join your local party and help with recruiting.

lozzle posted:

e: It does make me wonder why they bought ads in WV in the first place though. Maybe the Trump campaign also thought it was in Ohio, the state? :v:

Maybe the media market crosses state lines? Where I live about half the radio stations broadcast from the other side of the state line.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

but he's already the republican nominee?

lol

But yeah. I dunno what to make of this. Maybe his folks just think they'll win the debate and get enough coverage from that, and they're going to spend the money on jet fuel so he can get back to NYC for his beauty rest.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

There's also just the possibility he thinks he can hedge his bets and keep that money if he loses. Remember: Trump is an exceptionally greedy man and no amount is too small for him to snatch at.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

lozzle posted:

Probably because it's a media market that borders Ohio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

Pastrymancy posted:

What is he spending the most money on at this point? Hats? Trump business expenditures?

Himself.

He's probably taking the money and spending it on himself.

• Locked thread